Forums

Enhancement Rate = Unplayable

Setaira-KT

Enhancement  

77 members have voted

1. 1. In your experience, does the enhancement rate seem balanced and fair?

• Yes, because I am RNG carried.
    • No, because I am normal and getting cucked.

I've been playing since the new patch has come out with a fresh new character.  I have no compensation gear.  The enhancement rate is so incredibly low that I have been forced into a decision of if it is worth playing this game now and since this is my third week of dumping all my enhancement stones (Ancient PvP and Legendary PvP) into my bow only to get +10.  This is extremely demotivating.

People who received free compensation gear are currently in a 'unkillable god state' because they take no damage, have high resist and evasion rates.  This also puts them in a place of even if they are outplayed they are unkillable.

In this patch gear is now more important than anything else unlike in previous patches (i cannot speak about 5.X as i did not play).  In 4.0 I was able to run around in my +5 ancient coin gear with bloodmark combine and accessory and have a chance to kill anyone i saw.  Now their is no chance and there is nothing that i can do about it besides do all my instances/weekly quests and hope it doesn't fail (which it does every time). 

I know this is not just my own personal experience and everyone i've talked to has the same situation.

If nothing is done about this enhancement rate, i will be unable to play this game that I use to enjoy so much.

Will anything be done about this enhancement rate?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you call "enhancement" is actually "enchantment"? (Enhancement can be of various sorts) Probably you're right, although I only tried to enchant 1 pve spaulder on 1 character, because I had actively played on 5.x patches and got that gear +15 (not all Abyss, only jackets on all my mains and weapons like Frigida+Royal Archon Captain, other armors are Fierce/Fearless, newer characters in Of Oath and Of Hope, accessories mostly Kunax, a little Of Hope) and when I saw the new gear on 6.0 it got me sick - I didn't even know it beforehand and hoped on better things - it had no speeds, no flight time, and all wings are without flight time! So I decided not to change any of my gears except of maybe shoulders if I get pvp shoulders and pvp enchantment stones. So far there is no pvp enchantmeent stones, only pve, so I tried it once and while using 20 stones I only got to +5, maximum was +7 and then fell 2 times, and I thought it sucks!  

Tried with 32 PvE stones on a tunic, got to +4, went as high as +7 once but then failed and ended at +4. Not good, not worth buying stones to do, worse than 5.8 except at least stuff doesn't break now, still at that rate to make +8 would be 64 stones - crazy and, not possible on Legendary - never afford that many stones for a full set with the nerfs to kinah. It's a struggle just to make 2 million - that's TWO legendary stones, getting the 100 Million + to get even ONE piece of legendary to +10 is impossible for a new character or an alt. Only mains that had billions before the update will ever get there.

Im not sure why the compensation gear is so OP.  I understand maybe giving people a +15 Ancient set that cannot be purified.  But giving some people near endgame gear on release of the patch? That just causes new people to the game an extra large disadvantage.

I dont remember getting any compensation gear from previous patches (I started playing on release and stopped at mid 4.X).  So why have they decided to do this here?

From a perspective of a person who has no compensation gear, this was the worst part about this patch (as it ties in with enhancement) as there is actually nothing at all that I can do to get better gear to even stand a chance in pvp.  I just need to wait for the PvP instances/Forts and pray it works. This is why im so demotivated to play now;  I cant go out and PvP as there are a lot of people with the free gear that just auto causes me to lose, which is not fun.

2 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

Tried with 32 PvE stones on a tunic, got to +4, went as high as +7 once but then failed and ended at +4. Not good, not worth buying stones to do, worse than 5.8 except at least stuff doesn't break now, still at that rate to make +8 would be 64 stones - crazy and, not possible on Legendary - never afford that many stones for a full set with the nerfs to kinah. It's a struggle just to make 2 million - that's TWO legendary stones, getting the 100 Million + to get even ONE piece of legendary to +10 is impossible for a new character or an alt. Only mains that had billions before the update will ever get there.

I decided to do a test on my alt.  These screenshots explain everything.

Before:

unknown.png

After:

unknown.png

I would also like to say that I am also getting my Aetherforging up.  Since I am a new account, i have to farm all the materials as i cannot afford to buy them off the market place.

Im currently at 108 and if i want to get a bow that would give me any chance, i would require 200 Aetherforging and the proc version of the Legendary PvP bow.  However that then also comes with the issue of, I will need to enhance the bow anyway which causes me to be at the same issue I am currently in.

2 hours ago, MemeDream-KT said:

I've been playing since the new patch has come out with a fresh new character.  I have no compensation gear.  The enhancement rate is so incredibly low that I have been forced into a decision of if it is worth playing this game now and since this is my third week of dumping all my enhancement stones (Ancient PvP and Legendary PvP) into my bow only to get +10.  This is extremely demotivating.

People who received free compensation gear are currently in a 'unkillable god state' because they take no damage, have high resist and evasion rates.  This also puts them in a place of even if they are outplayed they are unkillable.

In this patch gear is now more important than anything else unlike in previous patches (i cannot speak about 5.X as i did not play).  In 4.0 I was able to run around in my +5 ancient coin gear with bloodmark combine and accessory and have a chance to kill anyone i saw.  Now their is no chance and there is nothing that i can do about it besides do all my instances/weekly quests and hope it doesn't fail (which it does every time). 

I know this is not just my own personal experience and everyone i've talked to has the same situation.

If nothing is done about this enhancement rate, i will be unable to play this game that I use to enjoy so much.

Will anything be done about this enhancement rate?

+100000000

I started in 4.0. Same experience as you. Gear gap definitely got larger from 4.0 till now. Game is way more about gear than skill at this point.

And yes, the enchant rates are dumb af which means that people with exchange gear will have a massive advantage for awhile.

VvlDBJ1.png

And keep in mind, 10 - 28% (for ancient stones, and ancient gear) means you have 28% chance to enchant from +9 to +10. NOT +10 to +11. So after +9 use legendary stone for jump in 'safe zone', then use ancient stones for +11-12 and test your luck with legendary stones only (ancient gear). For Legendary gear, ancient stones absolutly useless after +3-4

5 minutes ago, MemeDream-KT said:

I find this hard to believe with my personal experience :/

It's not hard to believe if you used just ancient stones. And if you have patient, you can w8 till 6.5, chances will impooved a bit. Also for red stones you no lose level if failed. And more about experience, I failed 4xtimes in row trying to craft luna stuff with 75% chance once, so... is rng.

1 minute ago, Aroch-DN said:

It's not hard to believe if you used just ancient stones. And if you have patient, you can w8 till 6.5, chances will impooved a bit. Also for red stones you no lose level if fail.

If my calculations are correct, the chance to get 10 - 15 is: (for 1+ per stone)

0.17210368% with ancient

6.56356768% with Legendary

No point in looking at Ultimate since u cant get ingame properly.

If i just sit and wait, everyone else who is playing during that time will be more than likely slowly gearing up.  Im not keen on waiting for somthing that probably wont happen.  If they dont change it soon, i dont think they would make it easier in the future.

NA and EU decided to ruin the enhancement rate as it differs from Korea Aion.  This would be not so bad if they boosted the chance of getting the stones we get to match the reduced enhance rate.

Just now, Aroch-DN said:

You can obtain crafted ultimate gear and slowly try enchant gear which you obtained for crystals.

Thats what i am currently doing :/ but since i didnt play last patch i have to grind all my mats which takes a really long time.  Also most of the PvP/PvE atk/def comes from the +10 - +15 area which leaves me in the same issue. :( 

Even +0 ultimate gear better than +15 legendary. And you need a ton of mats anyway, prices will slowly drops, so after 1-2 months it's would be be not hard to make half-full set of ultimate gear for new players. Future events can change a lot though.

2 hours ago, MemeDream-KT said:

If my calculations are correct, the chance to get 10 - 15 is: (for 1+ per stone)

0.17210368% with ancient

6.56356768% with Legendary

No point in looking at Ultimate since u cant get ingame properly.

If i just sit and wait, everyone else who is playing during that time will be more than likely slowly gearing up.  Im not keen on waiting for somthing that probably wont happen.  If they dont change it soon, i dont think they would make it easier in the future.

NA and EU decided to ruin the enhancement rate as it differs from Korea Aion.  This would be not so bad if they boosted the chance of getting the stones we get to match the reduced enhance rate.

I dont think they lowered the rates because 6.5% with Legendary stones is really hard and pure RNG. However what i did was from 10 to 12 use Ancient Stones with a 7.8% sucess rate since those are easier to get, and from that +12, i would go to +15 with legendary stones with a 11% sucess rate. Got some pieces to +15 already using that method. If it helps anyone (Asmos Prefered :D)

The enchantment rate is one of my least favorite things this patch. I do have exchange gear, but even so I'd very much like to work on new, interesting things and look forward to upgrading them. Except with these rates I don't find myself looking forward to it at all, because I already know that that new piece will involve a downright ridiculous amount of failed attempts to enchant it. It is demotivating.

Enchantment rate = horrible and they are doing this for absolutely no reason other than making the game unplayable. For PVE, NCsoft sells pve enchantment stones on their cashshop to make money so I guess lowering the success rate will make people pay more to buy stones.($$$$$$$) It's horrible and it's p2w but at least they have a reason of doing this. But on the other hand for pvp they are just messing around. They aren't making money from pvp stones yet they let you waste weeks of grind. 

26 minutes ago, Valkraine-DN said:

Enchantment rate = horrible and they are doing this for absolutely no reason other than making the game unplayable. For PVE, NCsoft sells pve enchantment stones on their cashshop to make money so I guess lowering the success rate will make people pay more to buy stones.($$$$$$$) It's horrible and it's p2w but at least they have a reason of doing this. But on the other hand for pvp they are just messing around. They aren't making money from pvp stones yet they let you waste weeks of grind. 

Tell me about it......I used 40 yellow stones to enchant my Ancient pvp chest piece and all I did was a +5 :/ 

Archived