Forums

Enhancement Rate = Unplayable

Setaira-KT

Enhancement  

77 members have voted

1. 1. In your experience, does the enhancement rate seem balanced and fair?

• Yes, because I am RNG carried.
    • No, because I am normal and getting cucked.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

Start watching from 15:00...

RNG in Aion is "just right" -Shirayuki, November 2018

You know somethings REALLY wrong in Aion when even Aly admits it.

@Cyan I'd really wanna talk with your superiors anytime soon. Did you see that number ? Over 150 Legendary Enchantment Stones to enchant a plume to +11 ? Weekly maintenance next Wednesday. I wish to see a change in these rates. Please pass forward this message to NC developers.

@Germ-DN I don't know what Four Leaf Clover you found in the Smurf Land to have that much luck, but keep in mind that the guy in the video right there represents 90% of Aion players. What's worse is that a few days ago I tried to +15 my Ancient Cypher-Blade with 36 Legendary Enchantment Stones starting from +3 and now it's +7.

Ultimate Weapon +15. Weapon started at +7 went straight to +10 with 3 stones, after throwing Ancient stones to test the rates (awful rates) I went to +15 with no more then 15 legendary stones (5 tempering solutions). 

Enchanting the way the person in that video did you are asking to fail. Spamming stones into gear has never been a good way of enchanting.

The way I did it, I enchanted my ancient wings, with ancient stones, till I got 3 fails in a row, then attempted an enchant on my weapon. Worked for me, also worked for me in 5.8.

1 minute ago, Violeta-KT said:

Ultimate Weapon +15. Weapon started at +7 went straight to +10 with 3 stones, after throwing Ancient stones to test the rates (awful rates) I went to +15 with no more then 15 legendary stones (5 tempering solutions). 

Enchanting the way the person in that video did you are asking to fail. Spamming stones into gear has never been a good way of enchanting.

The way I did it, I enchanted my ancient wings, with ancient stones, till I got 3 fails in a row, then attempted an enchant on my weapon. Worked for me, also worked for me in 5.8.

Sounds like you started with compensation gear. Get some new ancient gear and dont use anything you got for turning in from the new patch. 

Then you will see how it actually feels

4 minutes ago, MemeDream-KT said:

Sounds like you started with compensation gear. Get some new ancient gear and dont use anything you got for turning in from the new patch. 

Then you will see how it actually feels

I am not arguing that the rates aren't terrible, what I am saying is that the demonstration in that video is just a waste of stones. You aren't going to get anything from spamming stones other then frustration and an empty Kinah pouch. 

I already enchanted my Ancient Wings to +15 using Ancient stones till +13, then legendary stones. Even getting to +10 took alot of stones, so I know the rates are bad, but the enchanting rates have always been bad prior to 5.3's guaranteed enchanting till +15.

2 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Like people have stated in this thread rng is rng. The way you said you enchanted gear could work for you and then one time not work. It could not work for someone and then work at another point. There's no sure way of enchanting any item in Aion period. You can hop on one leg while reading scriptures from the bible and have your 5th cousin from your father's auntie's, sister's side pour holy water on you during new years eve between 11:58:23 pm and 12:05:58 am and if the item wants to fail it will. I have failed a lot of stones trying to +15 my items from +10 went back another time and +15 them with ease. Hell last week I +15 2 items in less than 2 mins after it failed many times the week before. Last night I +15 another item that failed so much and it went from +10 +11,+12 +14 and a legendary stone to +15 and that was my second item that plused in exactly the same numbers after massive fails.

I do agree that ancient gear shouldn't be hard to plus up though. Purifying these items costs so much the first tier should be a "We are going to make you feel secure before we show you our true colours."

37 minutes ago, Violeta-KT said:

I am not arguing that the rates aren't terrible, what I am saying is that the demonstration in that video is just a waste of stones. You aren't going to get anything from spamming stones other then frustration and an empty Kinah pouch. 

I already enchanted my Ancient Wings to +15 using Ancient stones till +13, then legendary stones. Even getting to +10 took alot of stones, so I know the rates are bad, but the enchanting rates have always been bad prior to 5.3's guaranteed enchanting till +15.

Yeah. I'm not doing what he is doing in the video. I'm doing the exact same thing and you. Every single stone I've gotten so far has been used go try and +15 my bow. After every siege/pvp instance I throw them at my bow. It sucks :( can you throw some of that rng my way please ahahah

It just makes it feel worse since I've only got the armour set +0 quest accessories. I've legitimately thrown all my pvp (ancient and legendary) at this bow. Only to have it +10. The feeling of progression is nonexistent. 

On 11/9/2018 at 2:09 PM, MemeDream-KT said:

Im not sure why the compensation gear is so OP.  I understand maybe giving people a +15 Ancient set that cannot be purified.  But giving some people near endgame gear on release of the patch? That just causes new people to the game an extra large disadvantage.

I dont remember getting any compensation gear from previous patches (I started playing on release and stopped at mid 4.X).  So why have they decided to do this here?

From a perspective of a person who has no compensation gear, this was the worst part about this patch (as it ties in with enhancement) as there is actually nothing at all that I can do to get better gear to even stand a chance in pvp.  I just need to wait for the PvP instances/Forts and pray it works. This is why im so demotivated to play now;  I cant go out and PvP as there are a lot of people with the free gear that just auto causes me to lose, which is not fun.

I decided to do a test on my alt.  These screenshots explain everything.

Before:

unknown.png

After:

unknown.png

why do you guys do that? I mean doing the auto-enhance mode? I never do that even in previous patches. Currently I'm on +10 genesis armors and +15 weapon. To do that I spent like 40 legendaries (on weap) and all the genesis leftovers that I bought enchantment box with, others are from instances (i never paid on this game). What I do is I enchant it one by one on my studio (no lag there). It even crits to +2 but also with fails, what I notice is if you keep enchanting on like x3 failed consecutively you will fail a lot more, just stop on that piece move to other piece or stop enchanting and do other stuffs, you also have to level everything else evenly. I'm not pro at this, just what I notice in-game. I still have like 20+ ancient stones and some legendaries left after that.

BTW: that 40+ legendaries I spent is where I do it wrongly, there just one day that I got raged to +15 that weapon, and its too late before I realize. lol,

1 minute ago, Jigen-DN said:

why do you guys do that? I mean doing the auto-enhance mode? I never do that even in previous patches. Currently I'm on +10 genesis armors and +15 weapon. To do that I spent like 40 legendaries (on weap) and all the genesis leftovers that I bought enchantment box with, others are from instances (i never paid on this game). What I do is I enchant it one by one on my studio (no lag there). It even crits to +2 but also with fails, what I notice is if you keep enchanting on like x3 failed consecutively you will fail a lot more, just stop on that piece move to other piece or stop enchanting and do other stuffs, you also have to level everything else evenly. I'm not pro at this, just what I notice in-game. I still have like 20+ ancient stones and some legendaries left after that.

BTW: that 40+ legendaries I spent is where I do it wrongly, there just one day that I got raged to +15 that weapon, and its too late before I realize. lol,

I dont play on my glad, i just did it to prove a point (My main is ranger)

That's the bad thing about it. There is so little content and the game wants your time. So instead of being able to explore a fascinating world with your time. You will see it all in a day, then the rest of your time will be spent trying to enchant gear. I have played before and as a casual player, took me over a year to gear up to +15. That is why these rng games are horrible to the player. You never know how long it will take to get your gear how you want it. Could be a month, could be a year. Depending on what random numbers you generate. They put RNG in their games to make people play longer when they have such small amount of content to do. Just try to stay away from those kinds of games. You will end up wasting your life for nothing.  

My two cents, the rates aren't great but I will take getting stones over the gear blowing up. Stones will come, you actually have to play the game you know? And I don't mean to be a nyerk but Aion has geared this so you have to freakin actually play..... Is that really a bad thing? You can't make certain things for work? So can't some and some can. Same as life, not everything is fair and you can 100% choose to walk away if you are sad you can't get the best gear in the first 3 weeks of the game being open. 

As far as trade in gear, how dare they reward people who you know... have actually been putting the time and money into the game for the last several years to actually keep the lights on....  Rates will get better but everything else you are complaining about is literally 3 weeks into 6.2.. calm down, keep playing or don't. But coming here with 500 different threads about how the game is unfair this and that when you left for three years is crazy to me. Get a good guild and have them help you. It is after all an MMO... or farm your butt off like other people.

I know someone in a full set of crafted ultimate gear after 2-3 weeks. Not hard to do just takes time.... and effort like most things in life. 

1 hour ago, Chizow-DN said:

My two cents, the rates aren't great but I will take getting stones over the gear blowing up. Stones will come, you actually have to play the game you know? And I don't mean to be a nyerk but Aion has geared this so you have to freakin actually play..... Is that really a bad thing? You can't make certain things for work? So can't some and some can. Same as life, not everything is fair and you can 100% choose to walk away if you are sad you can't get the best gear in the first 3 weeks of the game being open. 

As far as trade in gear, how dare they reward people who you know... have actually been putting the time and money into the game for the last several years to actually keep the lights on....  Rates will get better but everything else you are complaining about is literally 3 weeks into 6.2.. calm down, keep playing or don't. But coming here with 500 different threads about how the game is unfair this and that when you left for three years is crazy to me. Get a good guild and have them help you. It is after all an MMO... or farm your butt off like other people.

I know someone in a full set of crafted ultimate gear after 2-3 weeks. Not hard to do just takes time.... and effort like most things in life. 

I understand them giving people compensation gear, but if they are going to give them end game gear whats the point?

Since im a new player im stuck in the issue of this.  I cannot afford to buy mats to enchance.  I didnt have any temperings or omegas to turn in so I didnt get any extra stones.  I have nothing.  There are people that i have come across that are legitimately unkillable.  I was in a group of 5 people (We were in quest gear/ancient genesis crystal) we were 2 clerics + 2 sorc + sm.  The sorc would heal more with pots than the damage we could do.  The consistent resist/dodges.  Even when the sm was able to get a fear chain off, we still didnt have enough damage to kill him before the chain was over.  Now saying that we need to wait to get gear I can understand, but if gear does THIS much in pvp that is not.

I already said in 4.X i made a new ranger, put only ancient coin gear on it with bm combine and bm accessory. I would kill people all day no issue.  With this gear i actually have to run from some people.

25 minutes ago, MemeDream-KT said:

I understand them giving people compensation gear, but if they are going to give them end game gear whats the point?

Since im a new player im stuck in the issue of this.  I cannot afford to buy mats to enchance.  I didnt have any temperings or omegas to turn in so I didnt get any extra stones.  I have nothing.  There are people that i have come across that are legitimately unkillable.  I was in a group of 5 people (We were in quest gear/ancient genesis crystal) we were 2 clerics + 2 sorc + sm.  The sorc would heal more with pots than the damage we could do.  The consistent resist/dodges.  Even when the sm was able to get a fear chain off, we still didnt have enough damage to kill him before the chain was over.  Now saying that we need to wait to get gear I can understand, but if gear does THIS much in pvp that is not.

I already said in 4.X i made a new ranger, put only ancient coin gear on it with bm combine and bm accessory. I would kill people all day no issue.  With this gear i actually have to run from some people.

Again, get into a guild or farm mats imo. Its not hard to get into the better gear. And believe me, this gear helps out yes but the end game gear is 100% better in terms of being able to roll stats and really hone in your stats to make you the best. IF you want help doing camps, ask for it. If I am on your server myself and other would be more then happy to help out. 

You need stones? Go to siege, even rushing dredge to kill a few captains will get you stones. You don't have to win to get mats and obviously it helps if you win but the game can still be done on a casual platform. Also, the game again is only weeks old at this point. There could be very well an event liek KR did that will give a shit ton of things for new players. I know the first impact is tough and seems but that has always been the nature of an expansion for any MMO.Hard at first then stuff comes in to even it out. 

Cyan has stated that we would have some new info this week so let's wait to hear. Also, I have rolled a fresh chanter on my main account and I see the pain trust me. But I also have a great guild behind me or I lfg for more people to get stuff done. Yes, it takes a lot longer as a fresh player but that is a hard balance for a catch up in a game like Aion. 

On 11/9/2018 at 8:09 AM, MemeDream-KT said:

Im not sure why the compensation gear is so OP.  I understand maybe giving people a +15 Ancient set that cannot be purified.  But giving some people near endgame gear on release of the patch? That just causes new people to the game an extra large disadvantage.

I dont remember getting any compensation gear from previous patches (I started playing on release and stopped at mid 4.X).  So why have they decided to do this here?

From a perspective of a person who has no compensation gear, this was the worst part about this patch (as it ties in with enhancement) as there is actually nothing at all that I can do to get better gear to even stand a chance in pvp.  I just need to wait for the PvP instances/Forts and pray it works. This is why im so demotivated to play now;  I cant go out and PvP as there are a lot of people with the free gear that just auto causes me to lose, which is not fun.

I decided to do a test on my alt.  These screenshots explain everything.

Before:

unknown.png

After:

unknown.png

Don't worry! so far on my ring (ancient pvp) I wasted 200+ ancient and 50+ legendary and i'm still at +10. i will give it 2 more weeks. If i'm not at +15 by then i will delete this game. 
this enchantment system is worse then 3.x. RIP Aion.

I should mention 200+ ancient and 50+ legendary starting from+10. i don't remember how many i used to +10 it. why do the item needs to drop on fail? why not make the rate low (it already is low) and on fail, just keep it at the current level. seeing the lvl going down on fail is a real game killer!

NCfail as always.

Lot's of Love.

2 minutes ago, Chizow-DN said:

Again, get into a guild or farm mats imo. Its not hard to get into the better gear. And believe me, this gear helps out yes but the end game gear is 100% better in terms of being able to roll stats and really hone in your stats to make you the best. IF you want help doing camps, ask for it. If I am on your server myself and other would be more then happy to help out. 

You need stones? Go to siege, even rushing dredge to kill a few captains will get you stones. You don't have to win to get mats and obviously it helps if you win but the game can still be done on a casual platform. Also, the game again is only weeks old at this point. There could be very well an event liek KR did that will give a shit ton of things for new players. I know the first impact is tough and seems but that has always been the nature of an expansion for any MMO.Hard at first then stuff comes in to even it out. 

Cyan has stated that we would have some new info this week so let's wait to hear. Also, I have rolled a fresh chanter on my main account and I see the pain trust me. But I also have a great guild behind me or I lfg for more people to get stuff done. Yes, it takes a lot longer as a fresh player but that is a hard balance for a catch up in a game like Aion. 

So you have compensation gear is what i can tell from this.  I do all my weekly camps, I do ALL pvp instances, i do all content to get stones this patch.  I do grind for mats, ive got about 8 gold proc bows for when i hit 200 aetherforging.

You seem to be missing the point im making, with my current gear, anyone who has compensation gear could walk up to and kill me easily.  This happens when im grinding all the time.  Seeing 100's coming up from my stunning/rupture on cloths is more demotivating than you think.

The only way that gets better for players without compensation gear is with enhancing and purifying.  But for me thats not an option as im not carried by RNG. 

7 minutes ago, MemeDream-KT said:

So you have compensation gear is what i can tell from this.  I do all my weekly camps, I do ALL pvp instances, i do all content to get stones this patch.  I do grind for mats, ive got about 8 gold proc bows for when i hit 200 aetherforging.

You seem to be missing the point im making, with my current gear, anyone who has compensation gear could walk up to and kill me easily.  This happens when im grinding all the time.  Seeing 100's coming up from my stunning/rupture on cloths is more demotivating than you think.

The only way that gets better for players without compensation gear is with enhancing and purifying.  But for me thats not an option as im not carried by RNG. 

Before i comment i will disclose my gear.

Legendary Firebrand PA, Legendary Firebrand helm, Ancient Inquisitor Accs (ring earrings belt necklace), Winged champion +5 Ancient armor (2 ancient inquisitor Aromr pieces, that i'm not currently using), +10 ancient winged champion bracelet and plume. Lakrum pvp Wings. (still need a few more pieces of genesis gear, but i will get there soon.)

That being said, yes having Legendary or Ultimate winged champion gear at this moment is a big + on short term. However, what everyone needs to understand, is that most of the ppl that received compensation gear will lose on the long term. Now let me explain why. 

Players that had Legendary compensation gear, due to greed, wasted valuable resources to +them, evolve them to ultimate and +them some more. Also they use lvl 80 manastones to socket this gear. Gear that in 1-2 months will become obsolete. 

Meanwhile the rest are working on upgrading the best pvp Gear using their resources wisely and in a few months from now they will laugh so hard of those who use ultimate Winged champion and avoided working on Genesis Gear. 

Let me give you a hint, Ultimate winged champion is worse then a Legendary firebrand. So you keep doing your thing, work on you genesis crystal gear, let them have their laugh for now, because in the long run some of them will fail keep up with the rest of the server.

Lot's of Love

10 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Here you have a little tip guys, if you use Ultimate stone the item doesn't drop on fail :D

True, but you do realize that 80% of the players are not ready for IDD right? (maybe more on EK idk)

Lot's of Love

Archived