Jump to content
Forums

Enhancement Rate = Unplayable


Enhancement  

77 members have voted

  1. 1. In your experience, does the enhancement rate seem balanced and fair?

    • Yes, because I am RNG carried.
      4
    • No, because I am normal and getting cucked.
      73


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been playing since the new patch has come out with a fresh new character.  I have no compensation gear.  The enhancement rate is so incredibly low that I have been forced into a decision of if it

Im not sure why the compensation gear is so OP.  I understand maybe giving people a +15 Ancient set that cannot be purified.  But giving some people near endgame gear on release of the patch? That jus

40 minutes ago, Valkraine-DN said:

Enchantment rate = horrible and they are doing this for absolutely no reason other than making the game unplayable. For PVE, NCsoft sells pve enchantment stones on their cashshop to make money so I guess lowering the success rate will make people pay more to buy stones.($$$$$$$) It's horrible and it's p2w but at least they have a reason of doing this. But on the other hand for pvp they are just messing around. They aren't making money from pvp stones yet they let you waste weeks of grind. 

I would say yes to P2W however that isnt even an option when it comes to PvP enchantment stones

4 minutes ago, TheStorm-KT said:

 

unknown.png

unknown.png

This was ALL of the enchantment stones from new character quests and weekly artifacts 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand...

They don't put pvp stones on BCM because of some reason, but on the other hand they put Transformation Scrolls ? People are saying they don't want things on BCM that can make a player stronger in PVP, but having transformations vs NOT having is already a huge difference.

Korea has them. Why don't we ?

The only favored players are the ones that bought/won tons of temperings/omegas from BCM/events. They were able to exchange them. But returning players are doomed :/ 

Edited by TheStorm-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheStorm-KT said:

I don't understand...

They don't put pvp stones on BCM because of some reason, but on the other hand they put Transformation Scrolls ? People are saying they don't want things on BCM that can make a player stronger in PVP, but having transformations vs NOT having is already a huge difference.

Korea has them. Why don't we ?

What they need to do is balance it. So if the nerf the success rate, increase the number of stones you get by the same rate.  So instead of getting 1 purple PvP stone from siege, we should get 20 or so.  Then we might have a chance at enhancing.  Especially since non ancient PvP stones are locked behind time (siege/PvP instances)

Link to post
Share on other sites

See guys and gals. I look at playing Aion as the same as being a part of a religion.

Just have the faith that eventually things will go well. Just because someone put in the time in previous patches and you didn't, is that really unfair that they now had some sort of head start?

The point of the game and how they've transitioned it to be is now everyone needs to put in the time somewhere to get what they need. I'm farming out there in the open world. My legion mates with ultimate gear are all farming as well. 

Also I'm tired of people complaining about the enchant rate. Just because someone might have had slightly better luck, you find that unfair? Come on guys. We all know what we signed up for. We all knew it wasn't going to be that easy out of the gate.

If you just keep complaining about it, might as well not play the game. Switch religions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pikachu-KT said:

See guys and gals. I look at playing Aion as the same as being a part of a religion.

Just have the faith that eventually things will go well. Just because someone put in the time in previous patches and you didn't, is that really unfair that they now had some sort of head start?

The point of the game and how they've transitioned it to be is now everyone needs to put in the time somewhere to get what they need. I'm farming out there in the open world. My legion mates with ultimate gear are all farming as well. 

Also I'm tired of people complaining about the enchant rate. Just because someone might have had slightly better luck, you find that unfair? Come on guys. We all know what we signed up for. We all knew it wasn't going to be that easy out of the gate.

If you just keep complaining about it, might as well not play the game. Switch religions. 

Ignoring and issue and hoping it goes away would be the worst thing to do.  Both NA and EU decided to destroy the enhancement rate from what Korea has.

Also we can 100% say the enhancement rate is unfair.  Others have compensation gear which is +10/+15 Legendary.  At this point they dont need to do any enhancing because they are unkillable.   If ALL players were given the same compensation gear or the compensation gear was +15 non purifyable then it would be much more fair.  If this was the case you would also see A LOT more people complaining about the enhancement rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pikachu-KT said:

See guys and gals. I look at playing Aion as the same as being a part of a religion.

Just have the faith that eventually things will go well. Just because someone put in the time in previous patches and you didn't, is that really unfair that they now had some sort of head start?

The point of the game and how they've transitioned it to be is now everyone needs to put in the time somewhere to get what they need. I'm farming out there in the open world. My legion mates with ultimate gear are all farming as well. 

Also I'm tired of people complaining about the enchant rate. Just because someone might have had slightly better luck, you find that unfair? Come on guys. We all know what we signed up for. We all knew it wasn't going to be that easy out of the gate.

If you just keep complaining about it, might as well not play the game. Switch religions. 

The enchantment rates suck. Period. Using hundreds of stones to enchant something to at least +10 is outrageous. They don't have luck. They have exchanged legendary stones. Wanna bet they also failed tons of times even with those ?

And first of all, the system is not well done. There should be means to get PVP stones just as easy to get as the PVE ones. Stop being arrogant about it. People don't complain about it because they're greedy. They're old players that have seen Aion in better days and now they have to deal with this patch. I myself am an old player. Been here since 3.7 and I've never felt so unlucky/unjustly.

I've seen Aion in its whole glory in the past. So why has it changed into this ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheStorm-KT said:

The enchantment rates suck. Period. Using hundreds of stones to enchant something to at least +10 is outrageous. They don't have luck. They have exchanged legendary stones. Wanna bet they also failed tons of times even with those ?

And first of all, the system is not well done. There should be means to get PVP stones just as easy to get as the PVE ones. Stop being arrogant about it. People don't complain about it because they're greedy. They're old players that have seen Aion in better days and now they have to deal with this patch. I myself am an old player. Been here since 3.7 and I've never felt so unlucky/unjustly.

Yep trying to +15 some ancient gear is as hard as +25'ing something in 5.8 does that look fair to anyone 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And to be honest, I don't even see the reason behind it. Why would they lower the enchantment mostly in PVP if they can't even get any money out of it since there's no PVP stone on BCM ? What's the logic ?

Ok...lower the rates....But at least give us something to enchant them with. Why so much grind ? Korea is clicking fingers when it comes to purchasing PVP stones.

Edited by TheStorm-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Valkraine-DN said:

Yep trying to +15 some ancient gear is as hard as +25'ing something in 5.8 does that look fair to anyone 

Considering the max you can enchant anything is +15, maybe it is. 

We were all spoiled with the patches that gave us 100% successful enchanting up to +15. I remember enchanting my Kahrun bow back in the day and never getting over +13 with over hundred L110 stones. It's just really bad RNG.

I do, honestly, feel that the enchant rate is a tad too low right now. So I agree with that. But we absolutely do not want to go back to easy peasy +15 that we had. A nice middle ground would be nice. You really shouldn't be able to fail to go from +0 to +1 multiple times in a row. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aly-DN said:

You really shouldn't be able to fail to go from +0 to +1 multiple times in a row. 

Now I feel bad for not recording my enchants. 

It was just like this: +1, +2, +0,+0, +1, +0, +0, +1, +2, +3, +2, +1, +0, +1.

And no....I'm not making it up.

We've all seen the enchant table. Ancient stones on Ancient gear have 88% succes rate till +3. But it seems like most of us are part of that 22% fail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh. I understand. I actually failed to go from +0 to +1 three times in a row. I feel your pain. That's why I said I think that the rate should be nudged just a bit. Not to the extent that we can easily or 100% +15 something. But enough so that it becomes impossible to fail to +1 something three times in a row, as I have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Considering the max you can enchant anything is +15, maybe it is. 

We were all spoiled with the patches that gave us 100% successful enchanting up to +15. I remember enchanting my Kahrun bow back in the day and never getting over +13 with over hundred L110 stones. It's just really bad RNG.

I do, honestly, feel that the enchant rate is a tad too low right now. So I agree with that. But we absolutely do not want to go back to easy peasy +15 that we had. A nice middle ground would be nice. You really shouldn't be able to fail to go from +0 to +1 multiple times in a row. 

It should be easy to get up to the same level that the compensation gear players.  It should be easy to get +15 Ancient gear at the very least since +10-+13 ancient gear vs comp gear is a non contest.

Also I bet you bought some of those L110 Stones and didnt get like 3 -5 a week depending on your luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Considering the max you can enchant anything is +15, maybe it is.

The thing is though, the +15 isn't a luxury like +25 was - it's now a requirement for upgrading your gear. That makes it a bit odd to have such low rates on Ancient gear. On Ultimate sure, I get that - that stuff is supposed to be the Ultimate and all that. But Ancient? Idk, seems a bit off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

you know it makes no sense at all that getting to +15 ancient should be hard. It should be practically guaranteed- 100% no fail. It should then be incrementally harder to get legendary, etc.

Aion really should be encouraging people to to stay in the game and get even more enjoyment , you don't do that by making them feel they can't even get a basic starter set. And no- campaign gear is not a starter set in PVP, it's basically like wearing underwear. Even wearing Ancient comp or crystal gear is not really going to do much better.

I agree that getting gear is more of a marathon- but hiding that under more and more and more and more  RNG really doesn't appeal to a lot of the Western audience. Personally, if I'm out grinding, PVP etc I'm not at all happy that I may spend hours  and significant kinah for nothing while someone next to me spends a few minutes and gets lucky. T here's no skill, NOTHING  that can make a difference. just some stupid roll of the dice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just came to the forums today to explicitly complain about the enchantment rates or rather lack of in 6.2 and saw well the post already made so I will just add my opinion that I think the rates are ridiculous especially on ancient gear and the lack of stones is bad too. Legendary stones are kinda rare to get as well even from winning sieges or instances as your more likely to get ancients and if you do get a legendary its usually just 1. These rates needs to be adjusted or the amount of stones increased drastically and add some more ways to get them cause its just silly how the system is right now. Failing at 0 multiple times or getting to 8 to only fail 5x in a row after lol. You can easily go through over 100 yellow stones and not see +10 on an ancient and even legendary are failing on ancient pieces at 12+ so often.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MemeDream-KT said:

It should be easy to get up to the same level that the compensation gear players.  It should be easy to get +15 Ancient gear at the very least since +10-+13 ancient gear vs comp gear is a non contest.

Also I bet you bought some of those L110 Stones and didnt get like 3 -5 a week depending on your luck.

Of course I didn't buy them! The Easter Bunny left them for me.

h30370668

 

Back to topic! Keep in mind that I agreed it should be easier. Just don't think it should be easy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

Of course I didn't buy them! The Easter Bunny left them for me.

h30370668

 

Back to topic! Keep in mind that I agreed it should be easier. Just don't think it should be easy.

There's no reason at all why getting ancient gear to +15 shouldn't be easy. There's no downside. No one will be OP with that gear, and they're a looooooooooong way from being at end game.

It just gives them a bit of hope to keep going, and not feeling that they have wasted their time, especially if they are on a dominated faction where they keep losing at sieges and/or they get ganked and/or griefed repeatedly in OW.

Otherwise, they just move on. No one should fool themselves into thinking that the  whales can keep the game up by themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is pretty heinous enchanting Ancient gear :| I haven't tried to enchant Legendary gear cause I never see Legendary stones <.< 

I mean, I would love to see Ancient gear get a boost in success rates to streamline the process of getting through that phase and entering Legendary, but we'll see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Support this post, and already 5th post like this.

Spent 100+ ancient and 15+ legendaries, still on +10

so from 10 to 15
ancient + ancient stone = 28% ---- ?????? why so low ?
legendary + legendary stone = 45%
ultimate + ultimate stone = 52%

so basically it is harder to enchant ancient with ancient stones. Logically the rates should be smth like

ancient + ancient stone = 48%
legendary + legendary stone = 45%
ultimate + ultimate stone = 42%

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same exact experience as the OP...

I have always been interested in AION but I cannot keep my self motivated with no way to purify my new PVP gear!

OH HEY I CAN WAIT A WEEK TO GET GENESIS CRYSTALS AND BUY A BOX OF 6 ANCIENT PVP STONES THAT WILL HAVE MAJORITY OF THOSE 6 STONES FAIL WOOT!

I feel like I have been tricked.

Not sure if Aion is for me anymore guess we will see what their next move is and if it kills the game completely or breathes some life into it.

 

Edited by Mukesh-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...