Gear Disparity current patch

Rogaine-DN

I remember a couple weeks before the patch people were complaining about the compensation gear for their current gear. Something like +30 for a +15 ancient gear was not a good deal so they changed it. Funny how things turned out now.

The only problem is that in 5.8 getting end game gear + enchant stones was possible either through instance or better through events and the enchant rate wasn't that bad. So for people who played, making even +25 80a2 gear was possible.

Now getting gear means to make it +15 first and it is impossible to +15 even ancient gear. For example my ancient wings got to +10 with ancient enchant stones, then I kept getting it to +12 with ancient (tons of them) and after that I would try legendary... I wasted 12 legendary and all broke either from +12->+13 or +13->+14, not a single one took my wings to +14. So I am practically done enchanting until 6.5

Also getting the enchant stones is pretty difficult, so bad rates and scarcity of enchant stones is what makes this patch impossible to play for new gamers. I was and still am running in compensation gear and I am super happy with it because there is absolutely no way I can upgrade a single ancient item to legendary.

Attention: I am sure some typical Stockholm syndrome players will come here to start their post with "stop whining" and write an array of how much they like the degradation of the game, this is not a whining post. I am only stating what the game is now for me, sharing my bad experience and how 6.2 means keep logging in and wait till 6.5

(I would gladly get a whole game roll back to 5.8 and keep playing 5.8 until 6.5, because 6.2 is literal garbage.)

Yeah the patch is just bad...

Guy who thought it was a good idea to compensate the whales and make it impossible for new players to get gear is a real genius...

New players are already gone and your left with MechEagle and Mochigirl in compensation gear running around doing whatever they please... They kill anything that moves and it's not good for the health of the game. Then NC soft holds Ely's hands and gives them the fort because they couldn't take it without help.

HERP DERP DERP AION!

Moving to Farm simulator where I can watch my corn grow up in rows!

Good luck all!

Ok, some things need to be said here.

Casting speed and moving speed are nothing to complain about when it comes to gear. 

You CAN afford to buy those 2 pieces of gear from the broker. Cmon. 2 handers can even armsfuse with ancient pve with pretty decent cast or attack speed. You can get that from  broker or from genesis crystal. Its  enough for the starter.

If you play only 1 toon and you dedicate yourself a decent time, you should  have by  now  a few pieces  of ultimate  and legendary.

Of course  p2w who also dedicate themselves will  be ahead of you.

7 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

If you play only 1 toon and you dedicate yourself a decent time, you should  have by  now  a few pieces  of ultimate  and legendary.

...really? Because as I said I wasted 12 legendary enchant stones just to take one single ancient item from +12 to +15 and the max it ever went was +13 and then back to +10. I have 600 legendary stones waiting to be opened by compensation of my temperings and omegas, I know if I use them all I might make like 2~3 items from ancient to legendary and that is it. I am literally hybernating through this degrade for an update called 6.2 I am holding everything, until I see 6.5 and start playing again.

Unless you mean ultimate crafted gear, then yes, everyone could have had ultimate items even with the crappy proc chances. At least a few items.

(and after 6.5 I'll probably quit since in 7.0 sorcs get practically deleted)

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...really? Because as I said I wasted 12 legendary enchant stones just to take one single ancient item from +12 to +15 and the max it ever went was +13 and then back to +10. I have 600 legendary stones waiting to be opened by compensation of my temperings and omegas, I know if I use them all I might make like 2~3 items from ancient to legendary and that is it. I am literally hybernating through this degrade for an update called 6.2 I am holding everything, until I see 6.5 and start playing again.

Unless you mean ultimate crafted gear, then yes, everyone could have had ultimate items even with the crappy proc chances. At least a few items.

(and after 6.5 I'll probably quit since in 7.0 sorcs get practically deleted)

Yes,  i  was  talking about craft gear. i too have failed many times  and  still have nothing over +12.

44 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Yes,  i  was  talking about craft gear. i too have failed many times  and  still have nothing over +12.

You invalidated your points pretty efficiently there. No one should HAVE to buy gear when there is a system that allows you to grind gear, upgrade and progress.

The problem here is that system is inherently gated with an awful algorithm.

4 hours ago, Honeyboy-DN said:

You invalidated your points pretty efficiently there. No one should HAVE to buy gear when there is a system that allows you to grind gear, upgrade and progress.

The problem here is that system is inherently gated with an awful algorithm.

You dont HAVE to buy gear. but  its the only way to advance faster unles you pay.

Understand that the  people who pay for the game spams instances and get way more ap and enchants then you if you dont. This is regardels of enchant rates and nothing can prevent that they get ahead of you.

On 12/3/2018 at 4:19 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

You dont HAVE to buy gear. but  its the only way to advance faster unles you pay.

Understand that the  people who pay for the game spams instances and get way more ap and enchants then you if you dont. This is regardels of enchant rates and nothing can prevent that they get ahead of you.

You are making a narrative that isnt there, so stop trying to spin the conversation in a different direction because you cant refute a claim.

People arent bitching that people who play more, give handy js and spend money will be ahead; they are bitching that progression to avoid getting one shot is gated by a terrible rng algorithm.

Compensation gear shouldnt have happened and its causing player animosity to become unstable. Open your eyes and look at the forums.

Yeah, but that has  nothing to do with  compensation  gear per se. in  the  new  server there  is  the same problem.

im not trying to spin  in any different direction, im stating  the  facts  that  the  system is made  so  people that pays is always ahead, and that  is  what they  pay  for. 

the ONLY(and i mean the only really) thing NC can realisticly do  here right now is give generous hand outs of  legendary stones for everyone,  which  would put people a liittle ahead, but would also put the  people  ahead  a little further ahead.

The compensation gear is not the issue here, if all we did up to 5.8 was simply deleted, I would have personally quit the game along with plenty of people, point blank period. Heck even now I have little to nothing to do in game, all pve instances I did drop useless items for me (except IDD/PF but why should I bother dress in pve, so I can pve more?). If they rendered my items useless and made me start from scratch that is deleting all I did.

The problem here is bad drop rates of legendary enchant stones for pvp and the fact enchanting rates are super low.

You cannot say compensation gear is a problem just because otherwise we would all run around with +12 ancient and it would be fair to you... you cannot ask for everyone to suck because rates and rng suck.

What you need to hope is for 6.5 to be rushed or alter the enchant rates to 6.5 even from now so everyone can start getting their real gear done and the game can progress for everyone.

Archived