Freakin' 0 Damage on enemy during pvp...

GenericUser14016

Hi. Help me on this pls...?

The title said it all.. every time when doing my weekly quests around Lakrum hunting genesis crystals... ended up being ganked up by enemies... I switched to my lakrum pvp set (the only pvp set for now)... tried to fight back but... no any damage done to them... even though being the same level with them... then i died... wasted sooo many transformation potions which only last for freakin' 9 mins.

Does this means that i can no longer solo fight anymore like the patch before??

You won't be able to kill many people if you are in the quest gear, but you may be able to live long enough to get to your nearest base!

You say that you were able to solo PvP in the last patch, but I doubt you were running around like a god two weeks in to 5.0! It probably took you a bit of time to get the gear that allowed you to solo around after the launch of 5.0 and this patch will be no different.

If you want to do the artifacts on the enemies side of the map, try making a group from LFG or from your legion. Safety in numbers.

Try and be patient with yourself and best of luck.

If your (magical attack + pvp attack) < (enemy magical defense + enemy pvp defense) then you're magical attack stat is effectively negated completely, and you do only (skill base damage * knowledge / 100) * 0.26 damage.

The lakrum quest gear is so weak that your effective physical/magical attack is completely negated by level 80 common monsters in the middle of Lakrum too.

5 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You won't be able to kill many people if you are in the quest gear, but you may be able to live long enough to get to your nearest base!

You say that you were able to solo PvP in the last patch, but I doubt you were running around like a god two weeks in to 5.0! It probably took you a bit of time to get the gear that allowed you to solo around after the launch of 5.0 and this patch will be no different.

If you want to do the artifacts on the enemies side of the map, try making a group from LFG or from your legion. Safety in numbers.

Try and be patient with yourself and best of luck.

Yeah try to make a group if you cant solo camps.

1 hour ago, Acheillies-KT said:

the gear difference is such bullshit, cant do any damage to anyone in ultimate gear, even with ancient exchange gear, but yet they can nearly 1 hit someone with 40k hp.. fix the stupid bullshit, and increase clerics healing power to match the hp increase...

There is nothing to fix you must work hard to enchant/purify your gear. In this patch is easier get/enchant gear than previous patches.

Alright, thanks guys...

Btw... about the enchantment rates..  why does it feels like our enchantment rate is way lower?.. i tried enchanting the pvp set but i won't go past +7...??(well with ancient pvp enchantment stone).

But nvr mind about enchanting that shitty lakrum pvp set... I need to really work hard to get more genesis crystals for a new pvp set.??And one more thing.. how to get legendary enchantment stone?

14 hours ago, Erushi-KT said:
14 hours ago, Erushi-KT said:

Hi. Help me on this pls...?

The title said it all.. every time when doing my weekly quests around Lakrum hunting genesis crystals... ended up being ganked up by enemies... I switched to my lakrum pvp set (the only pvp set for now)... tried to fight back but... no any damage done to them... even though being the same level with them... then i died... wasted sooo many transformation potions which only last for freakin' 9 mins.

Does this means that i can no longer solo fight anymore like the patch before??

Patch 4.0 is nice! because Discordant balanced set.

already this new version, these set pvp are horrible for beginner imbalance. The best pvp starter set was 4.0 "Discordant".

i cam here to post another thread exactly like this i just fought a chanter so op really cant even kill him 1v1 and i have my cleric and chanter friend at 2nd  time man 15mins just fightting 3v1 cant kill him idont know why even facing us face to face then going back to camp then go back again and the heal is nonstop and op chanter should be atleast nerfed and sm 

Ereshkigal Server

On 11/10/2018 at 6:09 PM, Acheillies-KT said:

the gear difference is such bullshit, cant do any damage to anyone in ultimate gear, even with ancient exchange gear, but yet they can nearly 1 hit someone with 40k hp.. fix the stupid bullshit, and increase clerics healing power to match the hp increase...

@Ereshgikal-DN 

There is nothing to fix about the gear. We all knew about the huge difference of damage dealt by different gear. If you'd have checked youtube before the patch hit, you'd have seen that Ancient vs Ultimate is just like Prime +0 VS Prime +25.

Another example is that a sorcerer, the class with the lowest amount of HP, has around 32k in Ancient, while in Ultimate they'd have 45-50k.

Yes. The gear difference is THAT big. And we all knew about it.

On 10/11/2018 at 3:09 PM, Nirena-KT said:

Not with the current enchantment rates :/

I already have full inqui +11/+12 with tunic +15 (just working on mats to purify) I already purifiend book which is legendary +6 right now. But if you rush all your stones to one piece of gear you wont pass +5 >.>

This is why Aion is not a sustainable game but a fast dying one.  The gear difference is huge, and the enchantment rate is shitty. players with ultimate gears can literally one shot those with ancient gears.  Eg. glad aoe (ultimate gears) hits 13k -15k dmg per hit.  one aoe skill wipes half of the group (with ancient gears) is just a new norm. it's just how it is. With NC's current enchantment success rate, it's gonna take tons of time, kinah, and freaking RNGesus to go from ancient to legendary, then to ultimate. Farming materials to upgrade gears just simply makes you a slave. it takes way too much time. Can't imagine how people would join this game and start from scratch. no new players = declining player population = dead game. if they don't come up with something to fix this, I don't see myself playing this game for long.

ROLF its gear based PVP thats why its crap enchantment rates they will sell you PVP stones soon enough they always do. Little to late for them to stop with the p2w gear based no skill having pvp now. And its really a good thing its gear based pvp watching some people pvp with any lack of skill in their class is fun to watch yet they always seem to win when they out gear other players. I mean hell pvp gear does just a good damage to PVE mobs as it does PVP players yet it dont seem to be that way when it comes to PVE gear. 

9 hours ago, Eshilia-EK said:

@Acheillies-KTthe fix is to quit kt and come Ereshkigal server :D.

EVERYONEE QUIT KATALAM / DANARIA and make those handed out noobs in ultimate gear fight each other while you make our server bigger and better ez clap.

we have better enchantment rates btw afaik

Except now people on EK server are sneakily getting the exchange gear handed to them. ;)

Honestly, they need to cut ancient to legendary from +15 to +10 while making the rates significantly better.

I do think Leg to Ultimate should be +15 but again, with fair rates.

You cant give players gear that outclasses the majority while also gating that majority with terrible rates. You are promoting the accelerated death of your already dying game.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like the gear difference.

It's not funny to get hammered down in 1-2 hits by someone who's wearing ultimates, but when you can upgrade your gear, you at least FEEL the difference.

In previous patches, when you got a new set of gear, the difference in damage to mobs or during pvp was minimal.

Why would you spend half a year to collect a new set of gear to do 1600 damage to a mob instead of 1500 with same skill?

The difference in gear stats was so small, it appeared not even worth the time to get new gear.

A new set of gear would bring your magic boost from 3100 to 3200 or so, and the extra damage was negated as well due to being capped using AC gear.

The difference between the default lakrum protector gear and genesis pve gear on mobs is also huge, so you can at least feel you're getting stronger.

And when you reach ultimate gear yourself, you'll laugh at ancient geared player as well.

I've also been in a group of 4vs1 chanter and we couldn't kill him either.

Chanter was nearly dead but 5secs later, he was full health again.

But I agree that there shouldn't have been any player with ultimate exchange gear.

Is that the best gear you can get (exchange gear), or is the genesis ultimate gear or even crafted ultimate masterwork gear or instance gear better than exchange gear?

Because if it's the best (which I doubt), thehn there would be nothing left to reach for, except gank on ancient geared people 24/7.

You wouldn't need to run any instance, craft anything or even do camps to get even better gear.

7 hours ago, Bardey-KT said:

I actually like the gear difference.

It's not funny to get hammered down in 1-2 hits by someone who's wearing ultimates, but when you can upgrade your gear, you at least FEEL the difference.

In previous patches, when you got a new set of gear, the difference in damage to mobs or during pvp was minimal.

Why would you spend half a year to collect a new set of gear to do 1600 damage to a mob instead of 1500 with same skill?

The difference in gear stats was so small, it appeared not even worth the time to get new gear.

A new set of gear would bring your magic boost from 3100 to 3200 or so, and the extra damage was negated as well due to being capped using AC gear.

The difference between the default lakrum protector gear and genesis pve gear on mobs is also huge, so you can at least feel you're getting stronger.

And when you reach ultimate gear yourself, you'll laugh at ancient geared player as well.

I've also been in a group of 4vs1 chanter and we couldn't kill him either.

Chanter was nearly dead but 5secs later, he was full health again.

But I agree that there shouldn't have been any player with ultimate exchange gear.

Is that the best gear you can get (exchange gear), or is the genesis ultimate gear or even crafted ultimate masterwork gear or instance gear better than exchange gear?

Because if it's the best (which I doubt), thehn there would be nothing left to reach for, except gank on ancient geared people 24/7.

You wouldn't need to run any instance, craft anything or even do camps to get even better gear.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I hope that anyone who has any power to make changes in the game  doesn't listen to what you just posted.

It makes no sense to have such a gear difference when it is so difficult to pass the very first step due to RNG.

Did you read what you posted? it's not fun to die in 1 or 2 hits purely due to gear. Stretch that over months. What do you think happens?

We don't need that sense of "power". As someone posted in another thread, there are people who do- the whales who basically need to crush  their opponents at zero risk due to their poor fragile egos. Sooner or later, the people who can't or won't spend like the whales leave (the majority of players)- so the game dies.

I don't need to laugh at other players just because I outgear  them thank you.  it's fine if I notice that it's easier but by no means should anyone be hopelessly outgeared as they are now.

Yes, I've read what I posted.

They should make better rates for enchanting so that anyone (both p2w players as casual players) can reach ultimate gear in a reasonable timeframe.

That's why this patch was created in the first place, or it was advertised as being that way.

This patch was supposed to make EVERYONE a winner, even a casual player who only can play 2-3 hours a day without spending any money.

But they messed it up with these ridiculous rates and prices that make it impossible, even for paying players to reach maximum gear, stats, transform contracts, whatever.

I don't want to spend half a year, farming my ass off 10h a day, kill thousands of asmos, run 500 sieges to get some gear that's barely any better than my last one.

I want to feel the difference when I get better gear, not just 1% extra damage. That would be silly and everyone would just quit after reaching lvl 80 and getting ancient genesis gear, because it would not be worth to spend any more time on the game to even try to reach ultimate gear that only does 1% extra damage.

Where is the logic that anyone with ancient gear at +0 would be able to defeat a player wearing ultimate +15 for example?

Why would you even try to get ultimate gear if a noob with ancient stuff can defeat you?

To have 5% extra HP or some 3% extra defense, in hope you die in 5 hits instead of 4?

If this was the case, I would just level to lvl 80, get my ancient genesis gear and quit, because there is nothing more to reach for, as continuing to play will only take time, lots of effort for basically nothing as you know ancient geared players will still be able to kill you 1vs1 when you finally get +15 ultimate stuff.

Then wearing ultimate gear would just be for show, nothing more. So all the farming, running instances, joining sieges would be useless and endgame would just be to reach lvl 80, get your ancient genesis stuff and get out.

I agree that it's a bit too difficult to upgrade your gear, but I don't have a major issue with the gear differences.  Because it's so difficult to get the max gear, it should reward you in good ways (especially considering you can't directly buy pvp stones from the shop).  As someone stated above, the big problem is the gear exchange, because some people were simply handed out gear at the beginning, but you have to remember that those people grinded the 5.8 patch for months on end.  Even if they just paid thousands to get their gear back then, that was their money to spend.  Perhaps they worked extra hours at their jobs and then realized they had some extra cash and spent it here as opposed to the rest of us who spent those extra hours grinding the game.

I've been playing this game on and off since 2012 and the open world PvP has always been my favorite part.  There's tons of it in Lakrum (either in the middle section or by the opposing faction's side).  As you can see on the forums, the majority of players actually don't have absurd +15 ultimate gear, those are just the ones you tend to see while you're grinding because they're done with the grind/paywall and now have the time to PvP just for fun.  I have +10 yellow crystal gear with +7-8 accessories and I'm able to take 3/4 fights.  I'm able to escape 3/4 of the uphill battles, which means I guess I die 1/16 of the time, but that's okay.  You shouldn't be able to win all the fights.  Obviously you can't beat fully geared people if you've only been grinding for a month, so pick your battles wisely.  Don't pick a fight with a heavy weight boxer and then complain that you got the living shit beat out of you.

It could be because I'm a Chanter and Chanters are allegedly broken this patch, but I think people are blaming gear differences a little more than they should.  If you actually know your kit and how to beat other classes (what to punish, what to kite, etc.) it makes a big difference.  You can't just spam the same skill rotation while your character mindlessly auto-chases your target in PvP.  Obviously, no matter how skilled you are, you won't be able to beat red gear in yellow gear, but you will be able to escape, and you will be able to beat many players with lowly enchanted purple gear.  This game is an MMO and thus gear plays a big part in PvP, but your skill/knowledge contributes not insignificantly.

3 hours ago, Valse-KT said:

I agree that it's a bit too difficult to upgrade your gear, but I don't have a major issue with the gear differences.  Because it's so difficult to get the max gear, it should reward you in good ways (especially considering you can't directly buy pvp stones from the shop).  As someone stated above, the big problem is the gear exchange, because some people were simply handed out gear at the beginning, but you have to remember that those people grinded the 5.8 patch for months on end.  Even if they just paid thousands to get their gear back then, that was their money to spend.  Perhaps they worked extra hours at their jobs and then realized they had some extra cash and spent it here as opposed to the rest of us who spent those extra hours grinding the game.

I've been playing this game on and off since 2012 and the open world PvP has always been my favorite part.  There's tons of it in Lakrum (either in the middle section or by the opposing faction's side).  As you can see on the forums, the majority of players actually don't have absurd +15 ultimate gear, those are just the ones you tend to see while you're grinding because they're done with the grind/paywall and now have the time to PvP just for fun.  I have +10 yellow crystal gear with +7-8 accessories and I'm able to take 3/4 fights.  I'm able to escape 3/4 of the uphill battles, which means I guess I die 1/16 of the time, but that's okay.  You shouldn't be able to win all the fights.  Obviously you can't beat fully geared people if you've only been grinding for a month, so pick your battles wisely.  Don't pick a fight with a heavy weight boxer and then complain that you got the living shit beat out of you.

It could be because I'm a Chanter and Chanters are allegedly broken this patch, but I think people are blaming gear differences a little more than they should.  If you actually know your kit and how to beat other classes (what to punish, what to kite, etc.) it makes a big difference.  You can't just spam the same skill rotation while your character mindlessly auto-chases your target in PvP.  Obviously, no matter how skilled you are, you won't be able to beat red gear in yellow gear, but you will be able to escape, and you will be able to beat many players with lowly enchanted purple gear.  This game is an MMO and thus gear plays a big part in PvP, but your skill/knowledge contributes not insignificantly.

Indeed, try that on another class and your perspective will likely change. You will have zero chance in many encounters. Many people are simply not interested in encounters that are so badly balanced so that one person stands no chance simply due to gear. It isn't due to rotation. It isn't due to poor strategy. It's because you do no damage at all or vastly reduced and depending upon the other class  they you need to simply run away. 

In playing this game since 2009 this is the worst it's been - and I've played it continuously. There has been no patch where the gear discrepancy was so poorly designed.

25 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Indeed, try that on another class and your perspective will likely change. You will have zero chance in many encounters. Many people are simply not interested in encounters that are so badly balanced so that one person stands no chance simply due to gear. It isn't due to rotation. It isn't due to poor strategy. It's because you do no damage at all or vastly reduced and depending upon the other class  they you need to simply run away. 

In playing this game since 2009 this is the worst it's been - and I've played it continuously. There has been no patch where the gear discrepancy was so poorly designed.

Chanter isn't broken because it does a lot of damage - I do less damage than all DPS classes, I just have a lot more survivability.  I get that people are upset about the gear imbalance but even against the most geared player that I know of on KT (+12 ultimate full crit +58 glad, some parts +15), I'm able to do 500-600 damage in full ancient gear.  Definitely much better than last patch during which I would do 20-80 damage to the geared players.

19 minutes ago, Valse-KT said:

Chanter isn't broken because it does a lot of damage - I do less damage than all DPS classes, I just have a lot more survivability.  I get that people are upset about the gear imbalance but even against the most geared player that I know of on KT (+12 ultimate full crit +58 glad, some parts +15), I'm able to do 500-600 damage in full ancient gear.  Definitely much better than last patch during which I would do 20-80 damage to the geared players.

It's immaterial. Now you're literally making excuses- "oh my damage isn't great I can just survive"- Really. When people post that 1 chanter can hold off 4 players, you'd like say that the chanter has a bit more survivability there as well. Imagine how long  those other 4 players are likely to stay in the game.

Archived