Jump to content
Aenema-DN

New Patch Thoughts

Recommended Posts

1. NcSoft lacks imagination as at entry video used the figure of Shillen, Goddess of Death of Lineage 2. At least we laughed.

2. Merge asmodians and elyos into 1 region, so ppl can't do easily quests, force them to create parties to handle the incoming enemies and also force them to pvp, like it's a pvp server, while some ppl like only to pve. Some ppl gonna quit for sure. 

3. Force ppl to do everything in parties pve and pvp, while previous patch was mostly solo.

4. Be in a Legion is useless. Only helpful on sieges.

5. Instances are impossible to do with the genesis gear that game offers and I still wonder how can a new player have a nice gear so he can be invited to party for instances. Nobody wants a player with genesis gear, but you can't have a better one if you can't enter instances. Logic just died.

6. You turned Aion into Lineage. You are trying to make ppl create CPs to xp at weeklies and instances and pvp. Maybe next thing is put some reputation points at legions so our existance at them have a meaning and next thing I guess is pay to win. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Alva-DN said:

1. NcSoft lacks imagination as at entry video used the figure of Shillen, Goddess of Death of Lineage 2. At least we laughed.

2. Merge asmodians and elyos into 1 region, so ppl can't do easily quests, force them to create parties to handle the incoming enemies and also force them to pvp, like it's a pvp server, while some ppl like only to pve. Some ppl gonna quit for sure. 

3. Force ppl to do everything in parties pve and pvp, while previous patch was mostly solo.

4. Be in a Legion is useless. Only helpful on sieges.

5. Instances are impossible to do with the genesis gear that game offers and I still wonder how can a new player have a nice gear so he can be invited to party for instances. Nobody wants a player with genesis gear, but you can't have a better one if you can't enter instances. Logic just died.

6. You turned Aion into Lineage. You are trying to make ppl create CPs to xp at weeklies and instances and pvp. Maybe next thing is put some reputation points at legions so our existance at them have a meaning and next thing I guess is pay to win. Good luck.

Let's start with your first point

1. NcSoft lacks imagination as at entry video used the figure of Shillen, Goddess of Death of Lineage 2. At least we laughed.

Nothing new. they lacked imagination in the past too. so many of the mobs in Aion are/were identical with mobs from other NCSoft games for example. 


2. Merge asmodians and elyos into 1 region, so ppl can't do easily quests, force them to create parties to handle the incoming enemies and also force them to pvp, like it's a pvp server, while some ppl like only to pve. Some ppl gonna quit for sure. 

Well guess what, i do all my quests solo with no struggle. I'm not geared or anything. i'm in ancient gear, with legendary weapon. i normally finish my camps in 2 days w/o even trying to do camps. i go farm mobs and i find myself next to a green camp (i'm elyos) and i do my quest, then off to grind again. Should I mention Hexway, BT, BoS in 5.8, Unstable Abyssal Splinter, Upper abyss instances in 3.x, 4.x, IS, DR etc. all this pve instances were in disputed territory ever since i can remember going back to 3.x in my case. we always had to pvp to do pve. OH i forgot Tiamat stronghold, Rentus, Argent-Manor and Dragon Lord Refugee in 3.x, EB in 4.x and 5.x
 

3. Force ppl to do everything in parties pve and pvp, while previous patch was mostly solo.

This part i don't understand... Solo PVE? like what Grinding mobs? You can grind mobs solo now, as i said above, i do it all the time. PVE instances? Well i don't see how you were doing that before. Besides adma Aoe and TTC all other required you to have a grp... 
You can't pvp solo? well that's a bumper here... no more bots to solo kill as in 5.8 yeah pvp always required a grp unless you were killing bots.
 

4. Be in a Legion is useless. Only helpful on sieges.
Not sure what you mean by that... need more details on this. what are you looking for from a legion? and how is a legion helpful in sieges?

5. Instances are impossible to do with the genesis gear that game offers and I still wonder how can a new player have a nice gear so he can be invited to party for instances. Nobody wants a player with genesis gear, but you can't have a better one if you can't enter instances. Logic just died.

I will break this in 2 parts.
First "Instances are impossible to do with the genesis gear that game offers" that's not true. Genesis PVE gear is same as CoE, which is a good enough gear to do FM and BoS. Indeed for Primeth forge and IDD you need the gear from FM and BoS.
Second "Nobody wants a player with genesis gear, but you can't have a better one if you can't enter instances. Logic just died." Well i'm with you on this one. If you are not accepted in a group because you have the genesis gear or CoE then that's just plain stupid. but you know that gear needs to be +ed also, at least the accessory's. otherwise you wont have enough dps. 

6. You turned Aion into Lineage. You are trying to make ppl create CPs to xp at weeklies and instances and pvp. Maybe next thing is put some reputation points at legions so our existance at them have a meaning and next thing I guess is pay to win. Good luck.

Never played Lineage on PC so i can't say anything about this. But about the pay 2 win part... well don't worry, NCsoft invented something better. it's called "pay 2 have a chance to pay 2 win" ;) All good.

If you want i can give you some hints on how to do solo quests and stuff w/o stressing too much. Send me a message if you're interested.
Regarding the instances part, my advice, find 5 ppl, you can search even on lfg, that have similar gear with you, and therefor are not accepted in FM groups, let's say. Watch on youtube an FM tutorial (I recommend Sywo) and form your own group and learn together. And BAM you have a static for FM. (again if you need help i can help with this too, hit me up with a message). 

@Bryos-DN that's totally uncalled for. it's not like anyone was born an expert. Even you were an inexperienced player at some point.

@LakeFever-DN you forgot about Idian Depths :)) (not as fun as Katalam and Danaria but still)

Lot's of Love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alva-DN said:

2. Merge asmodians and elyos into 1 region, so ppl can't do easily quests, force them to create parties to handle the incoming enemies and also force them to pvp, like it's a pvp server, while some ppl like only to pve. Some ppl gonna quit for sure. 

 

Unfortunately for PvEr's there is no reason to play Aion its core has stayed true being a PvPvE game where the enemy faction can halt your progression. Aion never released a PvE server because they wanted to stay true to its core it seems.

This was one of the biggest killers for this game as mmo's are primarily made up of PvErs. I can remember when i started playing people were quitting in the 100s due to people ganking them at FT. To me that was the best part of Aion and i am glad they kept this feature so many years later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Unfortunately for PvEr's there is no reason to play Aion its core has stayed true being a PvPvE game where the enemy faction can halt your progression. Aion never released a PvE server because they wanted to stay true to its core it seems.

This was one of the biggest killers for this game as mmo's are primarily made up of PvErs. I can remember when i started playing people were quitting in the 100s due to people ganking them at FT. To me that was the best part of Aion and i am glad they kept this feature so many years later.

haha forgot about FT :)) damn got my ass kicked there so many times :))) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   
1 hour ago, Mirelium-KT said:

 that's totally uncalled for. it's not like anyone was born an expert. Even you were an inexperienced player at some point.

What do you expect? Saying legions are useless is like not playing the game at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

What do you expect? Saying legions are useless is like not playing the game at all.

That part I don't understand either, maybe some clarification will come for that. I'm really trying to understand what was meant there... but I just can't.

Lot's of Love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 10:10 AM, Alva-DN said:

4. Be in a Legion is useless. Only helpful on sieges.

I can comment on this part as you were (maybe still are?) actually in my legion. In the first day or two of the patch when everyone was mass leveling from 70s-80, I was around you multiple times in open world as we were completing the same quests. I actually asked you at one point in both whispers and legion chat if you wanted to group so we could share the mob kills for the quests. You didn't answer.

That might have been unintentional as perhaps you don't read your chat logs, but you will only get out of legion what you put into it. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 11:10 AM, Alva-DN said:

1. NcSoft lacks imagination as at entry video used the figure of Shillen, Goddess of Death of Lineage 2. At least we laughed.

2. Merge asmodians and elyos into 1 region, so ppl can't do easily quests, force them to create parties to handle the incoming enemies and also force them to pvp, like it's a pvp server, while some ppl like only to pve. Some ppl gonna quit for sure. 

3. Force ppl to do everything in parties pve and pvp, while previous patch was mostly solo.

4. Be in a Legion is useless. Only helpful on sieges.

5. Instances are impossible to do with the genesis gear that game offers and I still wonder how can a new player have a nice gear so he can be invited to party for instances. Nobody wants a player with genesis gear, but you can't have a better one if you can't enter instances. Logic just died.

6. You turned Aion into Lineage. You are trying to make ppl create CPs to xp at weeklies and instances and pvp. Maybe next thing is put some reputation points at legions so our existance at them have a meaning and next thing I guess is pay to win. Good luck.

They don't lack imagination when it comes to getting people to open their wallets. They only lack imagination when it comes to how they design their game. Really? So just one map to be in at level 80 for both factions? Such a big, beautiful world. Lol, no, it's the worst crappy world I have ever seen in an MMORPG, never really cared about it, only cared about how my character looks, but you took that away too, now you force me to look like stuffed animals, and you make me pay real money to stop it. I just can't.  I wouldn't even call Aion an MMO anymore, it's more like a MOBA now. The world does not feel alive at all, it feels like you're just running around in a box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leveling is good, hit 75, go to lakrum - BAD IDEA try to do quests to get at least Protector's and Scout's gear, get ganked before you kill two mobs, pay soul healer, rinse, repeat 8-10 times, BROKE, can't heal, can't quest, can't teleport, stand around in your Lakrum home city and, log in to run like hades for siege but, you'll probably get ganked or killed by a mob on the way so, forget that. (remember, you can't teleport because you spent the measly 2 million you had at level 75 at the soul healer.)

Now if they gave the protector's and Scouts BEFORE you got to Lakrum, maybe you'd have a small chance of making it there but as is, unless you had billions before 6.2 and can buy your way into even marginally suitable gear to survive the opposing faction, hope you like your home city in Lakrum and, enjoy the chat, that's all there is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, the game is absolutely horrible now. I really didn't think it could get much worse than 5X , but they pulled it off. I tried to level an alt on the new server, can't go anywhere, I made the mistake of buying extra warehouse slots, now I can't teleport to the next zone. I would just walk there if this was a normal mmorpg, but it's not a seemless world, just a bunch of maps that are only connected by teleports. Give this game an honest review. 2-out of 10, it's utter rubbish, and it only gets a 2 because the music is good. And what's even worse is, NCsoft is not planning on making a good game ever again, their new games coming out are all mobile wallet gankers. RIP

Edited by Raiuken-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Capa-KT   
12 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

(remember, you can't teleport because you spent the measly 2 million you had at level 75 at the soul healer.)

what in the nyerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   
18 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

Leveling is good, hit 75, go to lakrum - BAD IDEA try to do quests to get at least Protector's and Scout's gear, get ganked before you kill two mobs, pay soul healer, rinse, repeat 8-10 times, BROKE, can't heal, can't quest, can't teleport, stand around in your Lakrum home city and, log in to run like hades for siege but, you'll probably get ganked or killed by a mob on the way so, forget that. (remember, you can't teleport because you spent the measly 2 million you had at level 75 at the soul healer.)

Now if they gave the protector's and Scouts BEFORE you got to Lakrum, maybe you'd have a small chance of making it there but as is, unless you had billions before 6.2 and can buy your way into even marginally suitable gear to survive the opposing faction, hope you like your home city in Lakrum and, enjoy the chat, that's all there is.

Except that happens... never... Literally never.

You get both Lakrum Protector and stuff sets from starter quests in Lakrum. You dont even need to go near the basic artifact. That starter area is completely safe. Maybe on the first day there was PvP there, but no one ganks there anymore. If anything, fighting for mobs is far more challenging than PvP there. But, whatever. You know someone is trying to force their point across when they are blatantly lying and exaggerating like you are right now. Dont pull a Raiuken, doesnt make you any more credible.

Edited by Bryos-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is bad Bryos, you are probably one of the people who have spent over 10 thousand dollars on your character so no matter what they do you will be invested in the game. But from the perspective of someone who is not so brainwashed by NCsoft, the game is very horrible and not friendly to new people who don't spend hundreds of dollars a month on it. You must have never played another game in your life if you think this pile of nyerk they threw at us is good. It's your job to voice your opinion when game companies start to mess your favorite games up. I bet you're one of those kids in college who cries when someone critiques your work too. If something is bad, you have to say something, don't just say oh well, or it will never get better.

Edited by Raiuken-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Except that happens... never... Literally never.

You get both Lakrum Protector and stuff sets from starter quests in Lakrum. You dont even need to go near the basic artifact. That starter area is completely safe. Maybe on the first day there was PvP there, but no one ganks there anymore. If anything, fighting for mobs is far more challenging than PvP there. But, whatever. You know someone is trying to force their point across when they are blatantly lying and exaggerating like you are right now. Dont pull a Raiuken, doesnt make you any more credible.

Oh really, I have tried to level 3 alts on EK, so far not one made 80 with Kinah left due to paying soul healer. Only ONE got the full gear sets and, that one still needs a soul healer but, NO KINAH. Go past the first walls and, get ganked every time, can't get to first camp outside city. Maybe it's the times of day I can play, but, yes, you get ganked out there A LOT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

Oh really, I have tried to level 3 alts on EK, so far not one made 80 with Kinah left due to paying soul healer. Only ONE got the full gear sets and, that one still needs a soul healer but, NO KINAH. Go past the first walls and, get ganked every time, can't get to first camp outside city. Maybe it's the times of day I can play, but, yes, you get ganked out there A LOT.

It's still a new patch, hopefully in time they will fix all the stuff that makes no sense. But you're right, as of now, it's just a very bad experience and nearly unplayable if you're new. You know? games should be fun to play, not hell to play. No one has time to be in hell, we want to have fun with our free time. The bad thing is, the same people who are on here telling you not to get mad about how the game is are the same people who go around ganking people with their 10 thousand dollar character. Bryos. He wants you to play so he can have fun ganking you if you try to do anything at all. He needs the ego boost in his life.

Edited by Raiuken-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   
29 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

Oh really, I have tried to level 3 alts on EK, so far not one made 80 with Kinah left due to paying soul healer. Only ONE got the full gear sets and, that one still needs a soul healer but, NO KINAH. Go past the first walls and, get ganked every time, can't get to first camp outside city. Maybe it's the times of day I can play, but, yes, you get ganked out there A LOT.

Then, if you really levelled up 3 characters, how come you are doing the same mistakes over and over again? If you dont know how to make kinah, dont waste it on soul healing. You know the definition of insanity, do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Then, if you really levelled up 3 characters, how come you are doing the same mistakes over and over again? If you dont know how to make kinah, dont waste it on soul healing. You know the definition of insanity, do you?

Bryos, Just leave him alone and let him do his quest, you know you can beat him, you can beat anyone with your 10 thousand dollar character. Why do you enjoy ganking people you know you can beat? Don't you like to have a challenge? Pick on someone your own size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You loose XP if you don't heal at the soul healer, not much choice. Dying shouldn't nullify XP but it does, always has so, pay the soul healer. One of many senseless kinah sinks. Over 1k to fly or teleport within a region - KINAH SINK but, now they tool our speed so, unless you want to run for an hour and do nothing else, you have to pay it. Unless you pay cash, the game is designed to leave you broke and, having 1K is BROKE, can't even teleport for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   
1 hour ago, Kailor-DN said:

You loose XP if you don't heal at the soul healer, not much choice. Dying shouldn't nullify XP but it does, always has so, pay the soul healer. One of many senseless kinah sinks. Over 1k to fly or teleport within a region - KINAH SINK but, now they tool our speed so, unless you want to run for an hour and do nothing else, you have to pay it. Unless you pay cash, the game is designed to leave you broke and, having 1K is BROKE, can't even teleport for that.

You only lose 1% or something like that upon death. You know how much you get from each quest while levelling up? Anything from 20 to 75%. Just jump into Luna; a single run took me from level 76 to 80. 4 full levels, probably more because I was at 100% level 80.

And if you are level 80, why the hell are you soul healing if you cant afford it? Sure, you reset Soul Sickness, but is it really so difficult to rest for 3 single minutes?

If you stopped just one second to plan and think twice, you wouldn't have a problem with kinah. This isnt noob mentality, this is someone who fails to manage resources properly, and thats not poor game design. Thats the player's fault.

Edited by Bryos-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kailor-DN said:

You loose XP if you don't heal at the soul healer, not much choice. Dying shouldn't nullify XP but it does, always has so, pay the soul healer. One of many senseless kinah sinks. Over 1k to fly or teleport within a region - KINAH SINK but, now they tool our speed so, unless you want to run for an hour and do nothing else, you have to pay it. Unless you pay cash, the game is designed to leave you broke and, having 1K is BROKE, can't even teleport for that.

Bruh, if you actually got ganked and died a PvP death, soul healing is only 1 kinah. Unless you've been ganked by mobs? LUL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 or 2% per death the more times you die, the more you loose and, the more it costs to get it back. Not going to be down 2-3 bars on leveling up so, by 80, you MIGHT have 1-2k left and that's BROKE you can't teleport, can't buy crafting mats, can't list anything on the broker - you're broke. So try to run everywhere but, get ganked and, land back at the soul healer. Can't go kill anything to get scrap to sell because you get ganked for trying.

Now maybe at different hours it's different but, during the times I can play, go past the first walls outside the home city and, you get ganked if you're in Protector's gear.

5 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Bruh, if you actually got ganked and died a PvP death, soul healing is only 1 kinah. Unless you've been ganked by mobs? LUL

Try 900 to 1000, at least it is for me, 1200-1500 a pop if a mob kills me. Only time it's 1 kinah is with an admin boon up BEFORE you die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I think you don't understand, you don't lose xp on a PvP death hence its just 1 kinah to soul heal to remove the slowness. Try playing the game before you try forum PvP kailor. It helps alot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×