WRONG TRANSLATION OF CHARACTER STATS

Venere-DN

Good evening forum users. 

I read the forum every now and then to check how people are sharing their comments on this patch, on what's wrong about it and on what's good. I shared my comments too, highlighting what, in my opinion, has to be fixed. I can understand that 6.0 has brought a dramatic change in terms of aestethic, general development of characters, skills, removal of hundreds of stuff to introduce a lot more. For this reason I know that there are some mistakes that someone, while "reversing" a game upside down, could make and then battle with to fix them as the community suggest to.

But yesterday every limit, has been passed.

When 6.0 came, a lot of players have been rewarded with armors / weapons & other accessories as an upgrade from their old sets enchantment. Unfortunately, I was one of the people that got almost nothing from this update, and I had to farm coins and stones to get my Ancient coin set, with Genesis Crystals.

At first, I compared the ultimate version of the Genesis Crystal set, to understand which one was fitting better my class (sorcerer).

2eul7x5.jpg

Both of them have the exact same stats: only thing that at first catches your eye is that Inquisitor Set gives you EVASION and a little bit more of MAGIC RESISTANCE (Old Magic Resist), and the Vindicator one PHYSICAL DEFENSE and a little bit less MAGIC RESISTANCE (Old Magic Resist).

Since the MR is higher in the first set, unless if you need evasion which is actually 1% of the times and not as sorcerer, I bought the Inquisitor Set. (Jewels, set, wings and weapon).

I enchanted almost half of my complete armor and accs & upgraded the weapon to legendary.

Then, yesterday while browsing the stats of my character i found out this.

28qp0i.jpg

Due to a wrong translation during the update, your character does not have anymore a "MAGIC RESISTANCE" stat, but 2 Magic Defenses. The first one is supposed to be the old magic resist (which gives you a little chance of resisting other people attacks) while the second is the old Magic suppression (which reduces 100% probability, the damage of other players).

33m8vn4.jpg

As stated above, due to a SECOND wrong translation, the MAGIC RESISTANCE on the VINDICATOR SET, is actually a MAGIC SUPPRESSION. 

111mt0i.jpg

Said so, since every person in the game, actually has way more M.Acc than before, since the stats have not been clear from the beginning and since I already upgraded almost my whole gear before finding out about this I decided to write a ticket to NCsoft. 

You can see by yourself what they said to me.

jhuiih.jpg

I honestly feel fooled and so sorry at the same time to waste my time on a game that doesn't support us in ANY kind of way.

This is a CRITICAL error that has been commited during the patch and that just wasted so much of people time, effort and dedication to the game.

Now, I want to be clear, I'm not mad at mistakes, because everyone's human and I do understand that applying a patch like this is not easy.

I'm mad at this kind of reply: if you make a mistake, then YOU HAVE to fix it. And if you mess up the whole gameplay, like happened in this case, YOU HAVE to do something about it... You can't just reply to people "Sorry, we don't provide this kind of service, have a nice day"!

Maybe sharing this with the community, and getting their thought about it will help on this matter, because I think it's CRAZY that I get a feedback like that when submitting a ticket to professional people.

Also, I hope that sharing this post will help you to choose the right set, even if translations are messed up. 

The inquisitor weapon is a right choice, but the rest should be a vindicator in order to suppress the most of magic damage you receive.

I have no other words to express my disappointment.

I think that both sets are useable.  If you send in a ticket they will replace your inquisitor set with vindicator.  I am not sure if they will give you back the enchantment stones though.  The way I see it is... If you are planning on playing past 6.5, get the vindicator set because it is better at ultimate.  The Firebrand set is better at legendary because it gives spell crit.  The long game would be going Cloud War but without 6.5 Enchantment rates, only the super rich people who had hundreds of temperings stocked up will get any ultimate gear.

I find myself in the same situation as Venere stated. I just completed the 1st PVP set and got the wrong one because of that. So I am awaing an answer from NCSOFT due their mistake as you can't pretend to let players after all having to start again when is clearly not our fault. 

I just hope NCSOFT sort this out and replace the set as it is not fair to having to farm again for 3 weeks to be the same way as I am now, plus spend again on enchanting which is crap too. 

Just now, Gensb-DN said:

I think that both sets are useable.  If you send in a ticket they will replace your inquisitor set with vindicator.  I am not sure if they will give you back the enchantment stones though.  The way I see it is... If you are planning on playing past 6.5, get the vindicator set because it is better at ultimate.  The Firebrand set is better at legendary because it gives spell crit.  The long game would be going Cloud War but without 6.5 Enchantment rates, only the super rich people who had hundreds of temperings stocked up will get any ultimate gear.

Maybe you missed the last part where I posted my ticket to NCSOFT. I already sent one in and they didn't replace ANYTHING. They just told me "have a good day but we can't".

I don't care, honestly, about future updates. I care about the fact that I wasted 3 weeks of playing, because of one single wrong translation. I can't play not taking in account what I have on me, because MAYBE I will never be able to enchant it. What if I am? I will have the wrong set and believe me, the difference is enormous. 

Just try to wear 2000 MR or 2000 MSupp and then let me know... 

Anyway, they are not doing anything about it, as said. And this is the only fact that makes me angry. It's unbelievable.

Just now, Gensb-DN said:

I'm saying that both sets are useable after upgrading.  Currently, yes, Suppression is better than Resist.  Just for future reference, though, Suppression is always paired with Pdef, and evasion is always paired with Mresist.  

Of couse that they are useable, God forbid I wouldn't dream of it... I appreciate your reference and since I play since 2010 I know very well what pairs what, but I should not have to guess or to play fortune wheel while buying something. I should believe what's written on it.

I'm just saying that they are supposed to do something about it, because this didn't interest only me, but the whole game.

Anyway I'm in the same situation
I have all +5, weap and wings +10 and if they don't do anything about it I'm not even gonna try to pvp
If they do these mistakes then don't say that people don't even try sieges cause YOU are ruining the pvp experience with this 

I am very saddened to discover this. I am in the same situation as many players who, like me, bought the wrong set: most of all I would like to underline that not for our fault, but because of a wrong translation, a VERY bad mistake that made all of us waste entire weeks of play. This is a just a game, and should be taken as so, it's true, but I can't deny to be very disappointed, especially by the type of answer given without too many explanations, in response to the assistance tickets. Seems just like a copy and paste answer, which makes a player even more angry about the situation. It is not a behavior that should be expected from a player support, I can't believe what I've just seen. The mistake was made by NCSoft and they have the duty both to fix this mistake for the players and to immediately to modify the TRANSLATIONS on the sets to avoid anyone else to be victim of a similar problem.

Did you at least try asking them for a restoration back into genesis crystals? All I saw in your picture was asking them to literally swap it to vindicator. You might lose the enchants yes but at least its something.

Support can be hard headed at times so might want to try phrasing it differently in your message to them.

13 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Did you at least try asking them for a restoration back into genesis crystals? All I saw in your picture was asking them to literally swap it to vindicator. You might lose the enchants yes but at least its something.

Support can be hard headed at times so might want to try phrasing it differently in your message to them.

So you're basically saying that "AT LEAST", to get help I should be trying to find a way to get helped, spamming them with all the solutions until i find the right one? 

Is this a lot bet, a wheel of fortune or a support ticket?

Maybe next time I should try, I don't know, to evoke a demon, exorcise a possessed or ask my grandma to not cook pasta for lunch. Maybe I'll get lucky and the support like this will help me out.

tenor.gif?itemid=5365263

I personally think that it is already a lot if we send a ticket to "warn" them of such a serious mistake ... they would have had to warn the players of the error, and also reimburse the genesis crystals (at least) .. ..Moreover, at least, they should refund some stones as well, since we wasted weeks of play ... Unfortunately, we have low chances to get this post noticed, let's wait everyone to have a full inquisitor set, maybe in 7.0 they will do something to fix this.

15 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Uhhhhhh, ok well maybe I shouldn't have used "at least". Didn't think people will even get triggered by that. Sorry.

Actually, I get triggered from the post itself, highlighting an out of space idea of having to try your best to get helped, not from "at least" itself. 

You know more than me, that when you have a problem and you write to the support, it's not your duty to find a solution, mostly if the error is not yours.

And I guess you understand either that than my point of view.

tenor.gif?itemid=5314844

14 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

I think that our only "job" is to report the issues and bugs to them and let them know these problems, it's their job to find the solution or a fix for things
He showed the problem, the part where he asks about giving him the correct set it's their choice to do it or not. They are the ones that need to find a solution for things, not us. We can try to help but replying "the support team is unable to assist you with this since we do not provide this kind of service" it's a lie. They could, at least, say that they can't change his set but that they can do something about it.

2 minutes ago, Venere-DN said:

You know more than me, than when you have a problem and you write to the support, it's not your duty to find a solution, mostly if the error is not yours.

I think nc support doesn't actually know more than you. Because I once wrote to support and I got replied to by one of their guys from BnS just saying.

Update

After exchanging some more e-mails, NCsupport, understood that they had to do something about it and they refunded me with the number of Genesis Crystals I spent to buy the set. They did not return the enchantment stones I've used by no means, because they said that the RNG nature of the game, doesn't allow a correct refund of them...

giphy.gif

I tried then, to ask them to refund me at least the exact number of enchantment I did, which if you count by yourself, would be 33 stones.

Still, they refused a complete refund.

tenor.gif?itemid=4160871

I got 1.116 Crystals from the exchange, and they took away from my inventory the wrong enchanted set.

Hope this can help you out to solve part of your possible issue. If you were in the same situation as me, ask them for the same treatment.

Support can sometimes be incompetent. From my exchanges with them so far I can see that they're genuinely trying their best and are by no means lazy, just more often than not their best is far from good. They are not Aion dedicated staff, they don't know game mechanics as well as we, players, do, so if we want our problem to be actually solved, we might try to hold back on rage, tantrums, attitude and entitlement, and try to cooperate and assist them as much as we can.

An example. Being a magic class, I had prepared 2 Sunayaka weapons +22 for exchange along with tons of other exchange stuff. When the patch arrived, my inventory exploded with all the stuff from mailbox and exchange stuff in it, I got a little confused and accidentally pulled a PVE box instead of PVP weapon box from Sunny's exchange. I asked support to revert the weapon back to Sunny exchange box. After a week, they put the weapon back in the Zenith box (I needed Winged Champion). I tried to explain them that putting a PVE weapon back into a PVE box doesn't solve anything, but to no avail. Then I took screenshots of the exchange table which showed what box exactly a sunny +22 would yield and also I luckily had a screenshot of the exchange box itself unopened. Long story short, in the end they reverted my PVE weapon back to Sunny exchange box. It took time, it took effort on my part, but the problem eventually was solved in my favor, and that's what matters the most.

1 hour ago, Afterglow-KT said:

Support can sometimes be incompetent. From my exchanges with them so far I can see that they're genuinely trying their best and are by no means lazy, just more often than not their best is far from good. They are not Aion dedicated staff, they don't know game mechanics as well as we, players, do, so if we want our problem to be actually solved, we might try to hold back on rage, tantrums, attitude and entitlement, and try to cooperate and assist them as much as we can.

An example. Being a magic class, I had prepared 2 Sunayaka weapons +22 for exchange along with tons of other exchange stuff. When the patch arrived, my inventory exploded with all the stuff from mailbox and exchange stuff in it, I got a little confused and accidentally pulled a PVE box instead of PVP weapon box from Sunny's exchange. I asked support to revert the weapon back to Sunny exchange box. After a week, they put the weapon back in the Zenith box (I needed Winged Champion). I tried to explain them that putting a PVE weapon back into a PVE box doesn't solve anything, but to no avail. Then I took screenshots of the exchange table which showed what box exactly a sunny +22 would yield and also I luckily had a screenshot of the exchange box itself unopened. Long story short, in the end they reverted my PVE weapon back to Sunny exchange box. It took time, it took effort on my part, but the problem eventually was solved in my favor, and that's what matters the most.

I can definitely understand what you're saying Afterglow, but we, players, should not care at all about having them to understand the issue, if you get my point. 

Yes, I did received back some of the crystals I've spent, but the refund is no way close to the amount of materials used to actually make the gear up to that enchantment. 

1100 Crystals can be farmed in a week more of camps / dailies / quests, 150 pvp stones , surely can not.

So that's what I'm saying.

source.gif

I got a support, i'm ok about it and I thanked the GM that got into care my ticket in the actual end (which by the way, wasn't the first GM that sent me the first answer, but a second one. The first one tried a sad way to avoid resolving my problem and just close the request). Still the little help I've got is better than just seeing everything destroyed by an error that they created themselves.

Accordingly, the case you spoke about was an error of yours, throwing the box outside. In that case I can understand that it requires a little bit of time to let them be convinced of the help they should give you. In my case, it's a game logistic based error, which they committed, not me. That's why i should not even wait one second to receive help on that. It should be critical to help those who they lead into a wrong situation.

kGfoq.gif

Archived