5.8 Vs. 6.0

GenericUser26276

So I started playing this game earlier this year. I loved it. It was filled to the brim with quests and places to explore. Lots of things to craft and skills you could work on. I take a five month siesta, and come back to this?! Now AION feels empty. Pandemonium has unused areas now. And the leveling is way to friggan easy. I got to lvl 33 in a manner of 4 measly hours. This is an MMORPG people. What happened to the challange. The adventure. The fun of getting your butt kicked, getting pissed off at an NPC and coming back to life just to give him a bullet in his brain box. I can't believe people have ruined this great game, all because they couldn't get to the lvl cap within 12 hours of continues play. I miss the previous version where I could run ten feet and get distracted by something as simple as a flower that I could pick. Now you just run and run and run. You don't stop to take in what's around you. So much is gone. I wish Asteria would go back to the way it was before this cursed expansion. Bring back the old way. Filled with the little things that consumed hours of my time and did absolutely nothing to lvl up my characters. It used to be fun. It used to be exiting. Wondering who or what I was going to fight next. Now it's nothing. A mere fragment of the greatness that once brought Devas from all over the world to beat the crap out of eachother for no other reason than because it was fun to do so.

Sincerely,

Ahka Yoalka

12 hours ago, Ahka-KT said:

So I started playing this game earlier this year. I loved it. It was filled to the brim with quests and places to explore. Lots of things to craft and skills you could work on. I take a five month siesta, and come back to this?! Now AION feels empty. Pandemonium has unused areas now. And the leveling is way to friggan easy. I got to lvl 33 in a manner of 4 measly hours. This is an MMORPG people. What happened to the challange. The adventure. The fun of getting your butt kicked, getting pissed off at an NPC and coming back to life just to give him a bullet in his brain box. I can't believe people have ruined this great game, all because they couldn't get to the lvl cap within 12 hours of continues play. I miss the previous version where I could run ten feet and get distracted by something as simple as a flower that I could pick. Now you just run and run and run. You don't stop to take in what's around you. So much is gone. I wish Asteria would go back to the way it was before this cursed expansion. Bring back the old way. Filled with the little things that consumed hours of my time and did absolutely nothing to lvl up my characters. It used to be fun. It used to be exiting. Wondering who or what I was going to fight next. Now it's nothing. A mere fragment of the greatness that once brought Devas from all over the world to beat the crap out of eachother for no other reason than because it was fun to do so.

Sincerely,

Ahka Yoalka

I totally agree with you. I loved Archdaeva patches (5.x)  most of all, it was like a high-developed civilization with lots of fun, lots of things we could do, variability of ways you could get your stats, and of course much flying, soaring, wings  +15 adding 150 sec and soaring speed by enchantment, and I also used much flight time when sprinting. My main characters had like 7:30-7:40 flight time even without flight time manastones in their gear (due to armor, accessories and wings). Exciting Norsvod campaigns, (especially Building Artifact 1) beautiful, thrilling, luxuous video cut scenes, adrenaline sprinting away from many mobs, beautiful brutal stormy skies... And then we suddenly get into a Stone Age with a Totalitarian regime - because of Ereshkigal that destroyed our world and took us prisopners, removed our soaring ability, removed the space to fly, created gear without speeds and wings without flight time just to torture us?  Or because the Developers lost their minds, or think they would win more money off us if they implement all these changes? VERY degraded, very depressing became everything in this game. They didn't even inform us correctly and full about the things that were going to dramatically change with the update! The information about the changes was often contradictive and unclear. I read this forum several times, asked questions, got answers, and after that I fell like I was cheated or desinformed, not warned about some things I needed  to do, while prepared to the termibation of certain things, but those things were NOT terminated! Chaotic, painful, disorganizing transition, and the most important thing - I feel NOTHING to aspire to on this patch: the gear it offers makes me sick - so slow, without flight time, I would better buy more Royal Archon Captain gear but they stopped selling it anywhere and even terminated the spinel medals! :( It was very cruel to me! And I didn't know beforehand that the medals would be terminated without any exchange! Never anything was so cruelly terminated and devastated on previous patch changes, ever! Previously they turned Ceramium, Platinum etc medals to Petra medals, made them tradeable and that was good, and the things possible to buy by them didn't disappear, so I found a good usage for them buying several Ambassador Wings. The previous patch was heaven, this patch is hell. I feel dead in it.  I 'll try not to spend my disstressed emotions on this patch, although it's not very easy, - but I have many things to do out of the game - video and other things. Maybe I'll return to it in a year when they restore the normal archdaevic world and normal archdaevic gear and FLYING SPACE that we had. Aion without Abyss, without flying is NOT AION at all! Unfortunately, we players can't "defeat Ereshkigal" and restore the world  - these changes are only made by the developers, we can only skip and wait till consciousness returns to their minds again...

I hope it will be sooner than a year. AION is one of my most favorite games to play and it hurts my very soul to see it torn apart because the develpers fell for those hellish feinds who said the game was too difficult. Please. To ANY deveopers reading this. Please. Bring back the old way. It wasn't too difficult. It was just right. It was an MMO for the ages. 

5 hours ago, Ahka-KT said:

I hope it will be sooner than a year. AION is one of my most favorite games to play and it hurts my very soul to see it torn apart because the develpers fell for those hellish feinds who said the game was too difficult. Please. To ANY deveopers reading this. Please. Bring back the old way. It wasn't too difficult. It was just right. It was an MMO for the ages. 

I consider this scenario like we were Daevas/Archdaevas before, then an enemy (Ereshkigal) destroyed our world, damaged our wings and abilties, then we were saved on a Noah Arc-Habrok - and then put into a new egg called Lalkrum. Yes, we are nestlings inside the Lakrum egg, waiting for our next life when we get out of this egg and have a full flying scope around us. I ain't going to forget my Daeva's essence and the glamorous and glorious life I had being an Archdaeva. I ain't gonna believe those stupid nestlings that think this egg is the whole world and all life and so "YOU DON"T NEED TO FLY". I ain't gonna spend any cent on any enchantment stone to enchant this inside-egg gear, I think it's not serious at all! During this embryo state I'm gonna have a rest, reduce my in-game activity, do stuff in my human life, etc. When the time comes to break out of the egg my old flying gear is already on me and I'll immediately start to fly quickly and far!!  

If it's never gonna happen (breaking out of the egg and restoration of Archdaeva life with all its luxury) then alas, goodbye dead Aion :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/11/2018 at 2:08 AM, GenericUser26276 said:

Sincerely,

Ahka Yoalka

I totally agree with you!! I started in 2013, and the patches 5.1-5.8 were best in my gaming life! They were great, glorious, like a fest! How sweet it was to enchant wings to +15 and have total flight time like 7:30 without any flight time manastone, and soar in the Abyss, and hang in the air facing each other in flame (when having 2 characters), and sprint throughout Norsvold doing campaigns trying to avoid mobs, and doing campaigns, the campaigns were bright, adventurous, I would become sweaty doing them but excited and happy! Especially Building Artifact 1 campaign, and Prison of Silence quest, and the Calydon sky was majestic at night, violet with clouds and lightnings! The campaign cut scenes were gorgeous, especially Transcendence, Building Artifact 1, Peregrine's Urgent Call, and then at Pontekane in the Abyss about exploding the bomb on the Eye Of Reshanta seal! Now what became of the game is so poor and boring! I can't believe they removed the Abyss, Norsvold, the flight, and several more maps including Morheim and Brusthonin which were very beautiful! It looks like a horrible dream! Gliding above the sea in Northern Brusthonin during the "Vortex" time, when the sky was black-orange was so majestic, fabulous, I used to re-do it many times on my toons just because I wanted to train to land to that pirate's ship correctly and record the best version of video gliding and landing as perfect as possible! The cut scene in Ataxiar after killing Hellion in "Showdown With Destiny" was gorgeous too! Now all this is gone, the game is stagnant, the mood is frustrating...  Looks like NCSoft are suicidal or mysterious evil aliens captured their minds specially to kill the best MMORPG on the Earth! :( The game that was full of esotherical meaning, telling about spiritual awakening, restoring Memory and Destiny, increasing psychic abilities, Ascension, Transcendence, I thought NCSoft were very wise because they were doing such serious stuff, but now what? All is gone, their spirits died??? :( 

Archived