Jump to content
Edmond-KT

Question/Suggestion Regarding one skill

Recommended Posts

I wanna ask about the skill Word of Protection (Greater Stigma Chanter skill). It gives me the impression that the bonus the skill gives (100 Evasion, Parry, Block) was not updated in a 'consistent way' with the new stats mechanics. I have my equipment tuned for crit and i have around 7.5k parry and evasion, 100 over 7500 is around a 1% increase (basically NOTHING).

Would it be possible to boost up a bit the bonus this skill gives? Considering it's a Greater Stigma skill. I wouldn't even care if the duration is cut to 30s instead of 60, but the bonus it gives is totally useless:/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at it as the trow away Stigma, to be replaced with something better, seems every class has one in the quest stigmas, one that is either not much help, or just isn't needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

I wanna ask about the skill Word of Protection (Greater Stigma Chanter skill). It gives me the impression that the bonus the skill gives (100 Evasion, Parry, Block) was not updated in a 'consistent way' with the new stats mechanics. I have my equipment tuned for crit and i have around 7.5k parry and evasion, 100 over 7500 is around a 1% increase (basically NOTHING).

Would it be possible to boost up a bit the bonus this skill gives? Considering it's a Greater Stigma skill. I wouldn't even care if the duration is cut to 30s instead of 60, but the bonus it gives is totally useless:/

I noticed the same, that stats don't seems to be even near the actual stats rate, i mean its a Blue Stigma, not just a common skill, i refuse to believe this skills is working properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

I noticed the same, that stats don't seems to be even near the actual stats rate, i mean its a Blue Stigma, not just a common skill, i refuse to believe this skills is working properly.

That's exactly my point, the order of magnitude of the bonus is not consistent with the v6.

All the other Word- skills were updated correctly:

Word of Inspiration: Gives percent
Word of Instigation: Gives percent
Word of Life: Fully remade to heal a reasonable amount, also, gets bonus from Healing boost
Word of Wind: Gives percent

But Word of Protection gives a FIXED amount of stats, and an amount consistent with pre v6 stats (+100?), now is not even close to relevancy. If it doesn't get pumped, i'm gonna switch to Blessing of Stone i think =/

5 hours ago, Kailor-DN said:

I look at it as the trow away Stigma, to be replaced with something better, seems every class has one in the quest stigmas, one that is either not much help, or just isn't needed.

I thought the same, but in this case, that's Healing Conduit imo. Heals 80 every time you get damage for 10 seconds, cd of like... 1.5m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   
2 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

All the other Word- skills were updated correctly:

Word of Inspiration: Gives percent
Word of Instigation: Gives percent
Word of Life: Fully remade to heal a reasonable amount, also, gets bonus from Healing boost
Word of Wind: Gives percent

Those werent updated. They have always given those boosts. Their values were updated, but thats it. WoL is still a shittish heal, and has always been affected by HB...

2 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

I thought the same, but in this case, that's Healing Conduit imo. Heals 80 every time you get damage for 10 seconds, cd of like... 1.5m.

Dont underestimate Healing Conduit, we just dont have the content for it. It was designed to be used in fights with several people against a big boss, but other than sieges (which dont require that much healing) and few world bosses, the only place it is useful is maybe IDD, being the only alliance instance in the game right now. Maybe when Enshar/Cygnea battleground or the Ereshkigal instance gets released in 6.5 it will get more uses.

2 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

If it doesn't get pumped, i'm gonna switch to Blessing of Stone i think =/

Thats the point. WoP has been underwhelming since ever. Back in the old days, people took it for the Elemental Defence and because you needed it for the support stigma tree. After the rework of skills in 4.8, it became more situational than Healing Conduit and hasnt changed ever since. So, you definitely should be using Blessing of Stone in the first place.

Plus, considering the high tier arsenal Chanters have, one crappy skill out of all the powerful ones we have, thats nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bryos-DN said:

Dont underestimate Healing Conduit, we just dont have the content for it. It was designed to be used in fights with several people against a big boss

Agree with all, except this. On the contrary, Healing Conduit maximizes its benefits when you are being attacked by several weak mobs, not by a single-strong one.

By "updated" i meant that the skill effect is consistent with the current patch mechanics.

Well, i think i'll have to stick to Blessing of Stone.

 


Another random question... for dps, with the current stats, and considering Word of Instigation and Inv. mantra, it's more worth going for crit or phys. Attack retuning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×