Favorite Patch?

Jiren-Siel

1 hour ago, Jordan-DN said:

just wondering if you had a chance to play a past patch with the quality of life updates aion has currently, which patch would it be. Mine would probably be late 2.x or early 3.0

Yea i second that 2.7 and 3.x were the best patches, 4.x 5.x were ok-ish, 6.2 probably the worst patch since 6.2. My opinion.

Lot's of Love

I started playing in patch 3.5 and the game was wonderful. Still had some stupid ideas in it, but nothing compared to the amount of bullnyerk they have now. I had hoped this game would get better and become more friendly to the player over time, but the opposite has happened. It's everyone's fault, it's the Devs fault for designing greedy game mechanics that brings them lots of money, and it's the players fault for buying it. If the devs didn't think some guy would come along and pay 10 thousand dollars for all their pay to win bullnerk, they would not have implemented such things. At the end of the day NCsoft says damn your gaming experience, they only want your money. They could care less how horrible their game has to be to people in order to get it. Blame the whales who just have to be better than everyone else. These people will spend thousands just so they can go around one shotting free to play people trying to work hard for their gear. Those kinds of people are keeping this game alive, and causing it to become more pay to win. You would do the same thing, if you owned a shop and someone kept buying something, no matter how bad it was,  you would keep selling it.

from 4.0 to 4.5 i really enjoyed all the perma pvp in 2 main endgame maps like Katalam and Danaria, and even in the Idian Depths. But the 3.0 to 3.5 in Tiamaranta was amazing too. I could mention some older patches but the game was not "that" complete before those patches ,ofc just from my sight. 5.0 to 5.8 it was like hell for me... for the first time i really quit the game during that era.

4.0, before tempering solutions, omegas, plumes, accessory enchanting and breakthrough enchantment. The game needed none of this and would be in a much better place now had they never made it into the game. Katalam and Danaria still the best maps the game has offered, they were large and varied, with the best land sieges. Lakrum is a step in the right direction but still seems much smaller in comparison.

PvE wise I really also enjoyed 3.0/3.5 Tiamat Stronghold, when 60 was cap, was fun and adequately challenging. In general there were just alot more PvE things to do Raksang, Muada, Eso, Satra, Rentus, Kahrun farming, good times.

Thing is, 5.x may have been grindy and introduced exploding gear, but, at least in my book, the content was very well thought out. For instance, several very enjoyable instances came out of it. CoE, ToE, BoS, FM, Mirash Sanctum, Crucible Spire, Dredgion Defense. They all had their special feature that made fights inside unique. So, yes, as a PvE player, 5.x was one of my most favourite choices.

26 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Thing is, 5.x may have been grindy and introduced exploding gear, but, at least in my book, the content was very well thought out. For instance, several very enjoyable instances came out of it. CoE, ToE, BoS, FM, Mirash Sanctum, Crucible Spire, Dredgion Defense. They all had their special feature that made fights inside unique. So, yes, as a PvE player, 5.x was one of my most favourite choices.

for me the only thing i liked about 5.x was arena of tenacity, evergale canyon was alright.

11 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I started with 4.9 so that patch kinda holds a dear place in my heart. Played the other patches (ahem servers) but I enjoyed 5.x in lore best. The music was fantastic and Norsvold is still my favorite map.

I wanted to post a video with some music from Katalam, but my eyes were starting to become wet and I didn't want to be seen that way by my colleagues at work... so no link.

Probably the first patch is always the best one for all of us, regardless of its number.

The best patch in my opinion is 3.0

3.0 everybody can have gears by doing daily/weekly there's no forcing pvp every instance accessible by everyone,pug able everyone can do it.
when 3.5 arrived and bring DLR into the game.Aion went down hill because it started of elitism.introduction of DPS meter.
4.0 Aion still continues this tradition by introduced IS DR Suaro and EB it's not friendly instance to newbies at all.Luky it introduced 3 classes and most people stayed to try new classes.
4.8 was a good patch by renewal stigmas and introduction of ORB instance that everyone can farm purple stones.Everyone can make money only bad thing about 4.8 was removing maps and kahrun and primal skins (SAM didn't count cause it's untradable remodel only once and freaking hard)
5.0 was a bad patch even we pretend leveling in 5.0 isn't grindy and easy like 6.0 the instances were hard for new comers because the gears were tradable so they made instances insane hard only handful of people can farm gears and make billions kinah from it.Still thanks to luna skins and new changes to characters some people stayed.
6.2 It seems they think luna skins useless and cause to 5.0 failure or something like when in reality luna is only thing that try to save it.They removed all luna skins and replaced it with items that we should able to farm in instances or from mobs or craftable I think it's really bullshit.The totally renewal of skills were good but kept DD 5.x legacy instances were mistakes they should just remove it and make player's friendly instances instead.CoE is a BIG ASS learning curve instance for anyone who just playing the game for 2-3 days.Even we removed transformation system and have scrolls and 19% weapon running shoes 22% like 5.8 it's still the worst patch.

My advise would be make some NPC build a time machine and go back to 3.0 we can restart everything there.

8 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

The best patch in my opinion is 3.0

3.0 everybody can have gears by doing daily/weekly there's no forcing pvp every instance accessible by everyone,pug able everyone can do it.
when 3.5 arrived and bring DLR into the game.Aion went down hill because it started of elitism.introduction of DPS meter.
4.0 Aion still continues this tradition by introduced IS DR Suaro and EB it's not friendly instance to newbies at all.Luky it introduced 3 classes and most people stayed to try new classes.
4.8 was a good patch by renewal stigmas and introduction of ORB instance that everyone can farm purple stones.Everyone can make money only bad thing about 4.8 was removing maps and kahrun and primal skins (SAM didn't count cause it's untradable remodel only once and freaking hard)
5.0 was a bad patch even we pretend leveling in 5.0 isn't grindy and easy like 6.0 the instances were hard for new comers because the gears were tradable so they made instances insane hard only handful of people can farm gears and make billions kinah from it.Still thanks to luna skins and new changes to characters some people stayed.
6.2 It seems they think luna skins useless and cause to 5.0 failure or something like when in reality luna is only thing that try to save it.They removed all luna skins and replaced it with items that we should able to farm in instances or from mobs or craftable I think it's really bullshit.The totally renewal of skills were good but kept DD 5.x legacy instances were mistakes they should just remove it and make player's friendly instances instead.CoE is a BIG ASS learning curve instance for anyone who just playing the game for 2-3 days.Even we removed transformation system and have scrolls and 19% weapon running shoes 22% like 5.8 it's still the worst patch.

My advise would be make some NPC build a time machine and go back to 3.0 we can restart everything there.

pretty much agree with everything here, im just wondering like i know they probably need approval from the koreans on making a classic server like this but is that it? im curious about what would be the whole process ie. monetization n stuff. @Cyan can you shed some light on this?

Archived