Did NcSoft forget about GP in 6.2?

Robotica-KT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question... Siege gp reward is junk, no other source of gaining GP but siege. You might be able to keep your rank if you attend every siege, but progress any further is futile. GG NCFail

I always had a goal in advancing in rank, not that's gone. One more thing i can cross from the reason i played this game, along with PVP instances (most of them are gone). 

Lot's of Love

3 hours ago, Cyan said:

I suppose this is as good as a place as any for a quick update on the GP situation. With this maintenance coming up this Wednesday, we will be adjusting GP in a couple of different ways. 

Firstly, the required GP to hold your rank will be lowered to 800. Secondly, the amount of GP gained per siege will also be increased (for both Prestige Pass holders and non-prestige by roughly 30%. This means that an unsuccessful fort siege will gain you 80 or 120 if you have the Prestige Pass. This increase in GP gain applies to all sieges except successfully defending the Lakrum Fortress.

We've got a few more things coming with the maintenance as well so stay tuned for maintenance notes tomorrow.

your welcome :D

That is just terrible, I know exactly what you mean. There really is no incentive to play. When I log in now, I feel so bored and I don't end up playing for long. I think the days of spending HOURS in game are gone. Which really sucks because it puts me that much more behind everyone else when gearing up. I can't believe that they literally have no good way to get GP. 

Funny how Cyan said that the required GP to hold onto rank is 800 but yet I seem to have 1450 that I need to get for this week O.o. Needless to say neither is possible in this patch so why not lower to hmmm 50? lol. Once we lose rank there will be no efficient way to gain it back. I can't understand what the point of taking it off EC, Dredge and ID is. They say we will get rewarded for PVP by doing PVP, then where is the GP that is given for PVP? lol. Thanks for sharing Jigen, it was worth the laugh nevertheless xD

22 minutes ago, Robotica-KT said:

That is just terrible, I know exactly what you mean. There really is no incentive to play. When I log in now, I feel so bored and I don't end up playing for long. I think the days of spending HOURS in game are gone. Which really sucks because it puts me that much more behind everyone else when gearing up. I can't believe that they literally have no good way to get GP. 

Funny how Cyan said that the required GP to hold onto rank is 800 but yet I seem to have 1450 that I need to get for this week O.o. Needless to say neither is possible in this patch so why not lower to hmmm 50? lol. Once we lose rank there will be no efficient way to gain it back. I can't understand what the point of taking it off EC, Dredge and ID is. They say we will get rewarded for PVP by doing PVP, then where is the GP that is given for PVP? lol. Thanks for sharing Jigen, it was worth the laugh nevertheless xD

Rank is no longer used for wearing gear, hence rank is not all that important to actually play the game. 5 star rank and above is required to xform which people mainly use at siege hence the reason probably why siege is the only place that gave gp not anything else because who would want a no show xform that just farms their gp off other PvP instances.

1 hour ago, Jigen-DN said:

your welcome :D

Well thank you for the update, however that means 0 for me personally, and for every elyos on KT :)))))) 120 gp for fail and 150-200 GP for winning... As I said GG NCFail. 

From where I am to get to 5 star I need 130k GP... that is IMPOSSIBLE! so... 
And please don't tell me GP is useless... rank is useless etc. I'm not a beginner. However, for me growing in rank is as important as getting geared, or getting better at doing instances, or leading or whatever other goal you may think of.
@Shirayuki-DN I agree with you on the GP from siege part. I don't have a problem with that. However, the current GP was gained as you said from PVP instances, and we are talking about 10k-30k GP a week. How is anyone suppose to catch up with that gap now? Again, speaking from the perspective of someone who actually has a some sort of a guity pleasure in being better ranked. (I know is stupid, but i never said i wasn't stupid LOL). They should at least keep the old GP rewards from previous patch, just give those who are interested the possibility to advance. Keep the hope alive.

Lot's of Love

1 minute ago, Mirelium-KT said:

Well thank you for the update, however that means 0 for me personally, and for every elyos on KT :)))))) 120 gp for fail and 150-200 GP for winning... As I said GG NCFail. 

From where I am to get to 5 star I need 130k GP... that is IMPOSSIBLE! so... 
And please don't tell me GP is useless... rank is useless etc. I'm not a beginner. However, for me growing in rank is as important as getting geared, or getting better at doing instances, or leading or whatever other goal you may think of.
@Shirayuki-DN I agree with you on the GP from siege part. I don't have a problem with that. However, the current GP was gained as you said from PVP instances, and we are talking about 10k-30k GP a week. How is anyone suppose to catch up with that gap now? Again, speaking from the perspective of someone who actually has a some sort of a guity pleasure in being better ranked. (I know is stupid, but i never said i wasn't stupid LOL). They should at least keep the old GP rewards from previous patch, just give those who are interested the possibility to advance. Keep the hope alive.

Lot's of Love

If you are truly concerned about rank, in a couple weeks, those 5 stars with 130k GP, if they are inactive in sieging will simply fall off the ranks. You will only need to have the bare minimum gp of 5210 to enter 5 star rank if there isn't enough people to fill the 100th slot. I mean yea there probably isn't any way u could catch up if those people are active with sieging or not to mention the 4 stars just right behind them. NCwest should have done a gp wipe this patch.

14 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

If you are truly concerned about rank, in a couple weeks, those 5 stars with 130k GP, if they are inactive in sieging will simply fall off the ranks. You will only need to have the bare minimum gp of 5210 to enter 5 star rank if there isn't enough people to fill the 100th slot. I mean yea there probably isn't any way u could catch up if those people are active with sieging or not to mention the 4 stars just right behind them. NCwest should have done a gp wipe this patch.

That's my point. Trust me Even as a 4 star, your chances of getting higher, to advance are close to 0. I don't want ppl to stop playing in order for me to advance. That means the population is decreasing. Who in their right mind would want that. I don't want in 2-3 month from now to log in the game and see there is no one around to play with LOL. I want to progress in rank. That's the hole point, it's just another goal i have in the game along others. If you know what i mean. 

Lot's of Love

21 minutes ago, Mirelium-KT said:

That's my point. Trust me Even as a 4 star, your chances of getting higher, to advance are close to 0. I don't want ppl to stop playing in order for me to advance. That means the population is decreasing. Who in their right mind would want that. I don't want in 2-3 month from now to log in the game and see there is no one around to play with LOL. I want to progress in rank. That's the hole point, it's just another goal i have in the game along others. If you know what i mean. 

Lot's of Love

Just because they stop sieging or aren't sieging enough doesn't mean the population is dropping you know.

Just now, Shirayuki-DN said:

Just because they stop sieging or aren't sieging enough doesn't mean the population is dropping you know.

Not always, maybe, however (this is pure speculation on my part) i doubt lot of ppl would willingly give up rank after they invested so much time and effort. I don't have any proof to this, again it's just a speculation. I didn't checked this nor do i actually have the means to check this. But yes that is a possibility also.

However it's not a solution to what i consider to be an issue. Will see what happens :D 

2 hours ago, Robotica-KT said:

Funny how Cyan said that the required GP to hold onto rank is 800 but yet I seem to have 1450 that I need to get for this week O.o.

Firstly, the required GP to hold your rank will be lowered to 800. Secondly, the amount of GP gained per siege will also be increased (for both Prestige Pass holders and non-prestige by roughly 30%. This means that an unsuccessful fort siege will gain you 80 or 120 if you have the Prestige Pass. This increase in GP gain applies to all sieges except successfully defending the Lakrum Fortress.

Ranks mean nothing anyways, even the person at the #1 spot only got there because he bought a million eternal bastion scrolls from BCM back in the day, he didn't have to pvp anyone to get that rank. If I were them I would just take GP out all together. There's no point to have it.

Only reason i want 5 star is yes, for xform, for not only siege but pvp. i Also think they should change the times of seiges, i mean so late during the week, but so early during the weekends? O.o where's the logic in that, most have to go to work/school. But Friday nights are so boring, and saturday's after sieges, there's nothing to keep the general population on.
Sunday's Divine siege is a joke rofl, think we spent 30 minutes forming alliances, and had siege done within 15 min...

I get farming is the "thing" to do now, but you are killing your pvp players... who H A T E farming, and when they log on, and see no pvp, or anything to "drive" them to want to farm and better themselves, then everyone is just gonna log, (like we do) and go spend money elsewhere (renting movies cuz we're bored..>.>) My wife and i were big NCoin buyers, and sold alot of items to those who dont buy coin for kinah, but you have also killed that. only way now to get bcm items, is to buy them with coin.. kinah not being tradeable, well, i just dont understand that, that doesnt fix a broken market, makes it worse. Yes, kudos for coming out with the new kinah, to fix it, but make it tradeable. Not only are individuals struggling, but i have mentioned this before in a previous post, Legions are struggling too.. To now rank up from rank 6 to rank 7 is nearly 76m. for new and returning players, wanting to form legions and grow, this is almost impossible, as it's all on the BG to lvl the legion. Im sorry, i spent 36m kinah to go from 5-6 but tryin to increase my aetherforging, my gear, and everything else, we need the support of our legion mates who want to help raise the legion.. At least let them put it in the legion warehouse, and that kinah can only be spent legion activities. and not withdrawn.. or something...

Having to attend sieges for GP is amazing, as transforms are supposed to be used for siege. Getting it through instances is a terrible idea, even pvp ones because you have people who will skip repeatedly until they get their alt.

And siege is actually worth attending for because of the AP and Ridium. People have incentive to transform in order to defend or take the fort. 

People who don’t attend sieges will get removed from their ranking. It’s bloody brilliant.

12 minutes ago, Acheillies-KT said:

Only reason i want 5 star is yes, for xform, for not only siege but pvp. i Also think they should change the times of seiges, i mean so late during the week, but so early during the weekends? O.o where's the logic in that, most have to go to work/school. But Friday nights are so boring, and saturday's after sieges, there's nothing to keep the general population on.
Sunday's Divine siege is a joke rofl, think we spent 30 minutes forming alliances, and had siege done within 15 min...

I get farming is the "thing" to do now, but you are killing your pvp players... who H A T E farming, and when they log on, and see no pvp, or anything to "drive" them to want to farm and better themselves, then everyone is just gonna log, (like we do) and go spend money elsewhere (renting movies cuz we're bored..>.>) My wife and i were big NCoin buyers, and sold alot of items to those who dont buy coin for kinah, but you have also killed that. only way now to get bcm items, is to buy them with coin.. kinah not being tradeable, well, i just dont understand that, that doesnt fix a broken market, makes it worse. Yes, kudos for coming out with the new kinah, to fix it, but make it tradeable. Not only are individuals struggling, but i have mentioned this before in a previous post, Legions are struggling too.. To now rank up from rank 6 to rank 7 is nearly 76m. for new and returning players, wanting to form legions and grow, this is almost impossible, as it's all on the BG to lvl the legion. Im sorry, i spent 36m kinah to go from 5-6 but tryin to increase my aetherforging, my gear, and everything else, we need the support of our legion mates who want to help raise the legion.. At least let them put it in the legion warehouse, and that kinah can only be spent legion activities. and not withdrawn.. or something...

Just gonna leave that there.

Guess that is why people are so concerned about their rank. @Cyan might want to suggest to the team that xforms can only be used in the area around the fortresses and no where else. We don't need griefers who only know how to pvp when they are xformed.

The new GP is one of the far best changes of the new update, sadly it has already been ruined by cyan thx for that, hope you dont ruin it more...

Worst type of cynical egotistical selfish narcissistic cheaty pathetic low life had been hoarding top xforms just because they want it for themselves for a long time... that kind of ppl has to go and its really nice to see them gone 

why have goals in this game at all, if we go by that logic, hell let's just make Aion a sort of Second Life with no goals no objectives and done. No more rank issue no more gear issue, no more nothing.
you guys have stopped a second and think that the main reason you enjoy the game is because of those goals?

Now Ranking is a goal that players can have, some for Xform, some just to see how far they can go in the rank, doesn't matter the reason, some have as a goal to be fully ultimate in pve or in pve or boths. Other want to collect as many skins possible, other what to gather kinah etc. 
As far as where to get GP from, well sure from sieges, sure. but 150-250 GP (that if you are on the winning side.), again, is a joke, with 4 sieges a week that's roughly 1k a week. The system itself would have been perfect if we had GP reset, but as it was stated above lot of the players in top 100 spammed GP in EB or feed them self with friends in Glory etc. 

Now i understand some will not be able to keep rank due to the min GP that you have to gain, but that's not an answer, that a secondary effect that can also hurt the server in the long run. Please don't make me say why, you should be able to see why. 

@Reflectionn-DN can you give some arguments to your statement? And when you do, keep in mind that not everyone got the GP by clapping hands and magically appearing on their account. Some invested time and effort into getting it. Some sacrificed nights, in order to attend sieges at hours that are not practical for them. And you have proof that everyone who is ranked is a cheater? Selfish? Pathetic? do you know anything else besides insulting a few hundred ppl on each server? Is your life so pathetic that you feel the need to jump on forum and rant and insult people to show how (not) smart you are? I have a news for you pal, MMO'S are competitive games. They always been and always will be. sorry to break it to you.

I would just like to point out that there seems to be some confusion between the minimum amounts required to maintain ranks.

Currently it is 1450 GP needed to be earned > but over the course of 4 weeks. That is indeed a little bit tricky to accomplish (for instance if you are a KT-Asmo and have not won a single siege yet). Or if you cannot make the sieges, which is a different problem with your own schedule/timezone. Remember this is an NA game and will cater to NA player times.

By reducing the minimum required to maintain rank to 800 GP over the course of 4 weeks, and upping the amount of minimum GP you get a week. Of the 16 available sieges in the 4 weeks (4 weeks x 4 sieges a week), you only need to attend 10 sieges to maintain rank (less if you have prestige which I refuse to buy because I am cheap). I'm sure for most people with rank, but 10 sieges in 4 weeks is quite doable and not worth complaining over.

Let's say you leave the game for a month, and come back. It's not like it's impossible to get back your ranking. Your existing GP doesn't just vanish and start you at 0. Just attend the sieges and you will boom get your ranking back (minus maybe a few spots, since others close to you may have gained 1-2K more in the time you were gone in this example).

Those that want to move up in rank, will obviously do their best to obtain more, and attend all the sieges. All it seems NC has done, is made it so that GP gains is no longer a ridiculous EB spam (remember EB guys) or EC spam.

Keep in mind that in 6.5, they are bringing in the GP season system, which I am still looking into, but should bring about easier xform availability for people. TBC

18 minutes ago, Pikachu-KT said:

I would just like to point out that there seems to be some confusion between the minimum amounts required to maintain ranks.

Currently it is 1450 GP needed to be earned > but over the course of 4 weeks. That is indeed a little bit tricky to accomplish (for instance if you are a KT-Asmo and have not won a single siege yet). Or if you cannot make the sieges, which is a different problem with your own schedule/timezone. Remember this is an NA game and will cater to NA player times.

By reducing the minimum required to maintain rank to 800 GP over the course of 4 weeks, and upping the amount of minimum GP you get a week. Of the 16 available sieges in the 4 weeks (4 weeks x 4 sieges a week), you only need to attend 10 sieges to maintain rank (less if you have prestige which I refuse to buy because I am cheap). I'm sure for most people with rank, but 10 sieges in 4 weeks is quite doable and not worth complaining over.

Let's say you leave the game for a month, and come back. It's not like it's impossible to get back your ranking. Your existing GP doesn't just vanish and start you at 0. Just attend the sieges and you will boom get your ranking back (minus maybe a few spots, since others close to you may have gained 1-2K more in the time you were gone in this example).

Those that want to move up in rank, will obviously do their best to obtain more, and attend all the sieges. All it seems NC has done, is made it so that GP gains is no longer a ridiculous EB spam (remember EB guys) or EC spam.

Keep in mind that in 6.5, they are bringing in the GP season system, which I am still looking into, but should bring about easier xform availability for people. TBC

I agree with you. The system itself is not bad at all. I love the fact that you get GP only from sieges. It is a great idea. You can't debate that. And exactly my point, maintaining your rank is doable. The hard part is moving up the rank, w/o relying on those above you to miss some sieges or something. 

I don't have too many details on GP season system so i can't say too much about that. 

IDK maybe i'm wrong (maybe i'm the only one who thinks this), but i think that a 400gp (500 for prestige) on win and 200 and (300 for prestige) on loose it will give you a better chance. it's just an example.

That's just another mistake. It is not an update error but a management error. The GP was removed from instances such as IDL, EC and etc. I realize that there is a very large effort to change everything that was good in AION by swapping the public that had a signature by another type of public and no bring some financial result. I'm feeling these changes are a big shot in the foot. In social networks people who play and spend money with AION are discussing which game they should migrate. Many are considering leaving AION forever. Congratulations NCSOFT. Do it with AION. Destroy everything.

10 minutes ago, Gwin-DN said:

That's just another mistake. It is not an update error but a management error. The GP was removed from instances such as IDL, EC and etc. I realize that there is a very large effort to change everything that was good in AION by swapping the public that had a signature by another type of public and no bring some financial result.

Not sure what you are trying to say. The removal of GP from battlegrounds is not an idea of "management", its part of the update. Every other region got it like that, whether its good or bad.

As for the change itself. It was needed. The only use for rank is xform now, and xform is and should only be useful in sieges. The only reason GP was from battlegrounds was because Abyss gear required rank to be worn. But that is long gone by now.

Archived