Did NcSoft forget about GP in 6.2?

Robotica-KT

2 hours ago, Pikachu-KT said:

I would just like to point out that there seems to be some confusion between the minimum amounts required to maintain ranks.

Currently it is 1450 GP needed to be earned > but over the course of 4 weeks. That is indeed a little bit tricky to accomplish (for instance if you are a KT-Asmo and have not won a single siege yet). Or if you cannot make the sieges, which is a different problem with your own schedule/timezone. Remember this is an NA game and will cater to NA player times.

By reducing the minimum required to maintain rank to 800 GP over the course of 4 weeks, and upping the amount of minimum GP you get a week. Of the 16 available sieges in the 4 weeks (4 weeks x 4 sieges a week), you only need to attend 10 sieges to maintain rank (less if you have prestige which I refuse to buy because I am cheap). I'm sure for most people with rank, but 10 sieges in 4 weeks is quite doable and not worth complaining over.

Let's say you leave the game for a month, and come back. It's not like it's impossible to get back your ranking. Your existing GP doesn't just vanish and start you at 0. Just attend the sieges and you will boom get your ranking back (minus maybe a few spots, since others close to you may have gained 1-2K more in the time you were gone in this example).

Those that want to move up in rank, will obviously do their best to obtain more, and attend all the sieges. All it seems NC has done, is made it so that GP gains is no longer a ridiculous EB spam (remember EB guys) or EC spam.

Keep in mind that in 6.5, they are bringing in the GP season system, which I am still looking into, but should bring about easier xform availability for people. TBC

The GP season is separate from the existing GP siege ranks- it has nothing to do with obtaining transform ranks. It's just a nice additional perk for active players, and your existing GP has no bearing on the season - so being Governor for example will be of no benefit when it starts.

It's a seasonal system with its own set of rewards, in KR players use their Quna system, a bit like cashing in arena or even prestige currency.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Reflectionn-DN said:

The new GP is one of the far best changes of the new update, sadly it has already been ruined by cyan thx for that, hope you dont ruin it more...

Worst type of cynical egotistical selfish narcissistic cheaty pathetic low life had been hoarding top xforms just because they want it for themselves for a long time... that kind of ppl has to go and its really nice to see them gone 

Dude, why you gotta blame  @Cyan for this??? I get it that a lot of people want different contradicting things. Like one feels great for what cyan, said and another dislikes the idea. But did you ever stop to think thst Cyan is only the middleman here? He's not the one implementing stuffs. We're lucky enough we got one CM showing up here. Taking our griefs and talking it out to the higher ups. Let's not push away the single person who reaches out to us in the best way he can. Learn respect. A game is a game we can whine or appreciate it but don't resort to hurting and blaming innocent people. 

1 hour ago, dadaaa-KT said:

Dude, why you gotta blame  @Cyan for this??? I get it that a lot of people want different contradicting things. Like one feels great for what cyan, said and another dislikes the idea. But did you ever stop to think thst Cyan is only the middleman here? He's not the one implementing stuffs. We're lucky enough we got one CM showing up here. Taking our griefs and talking it out to the higher ups. Let's not push away the single person who reaches out to us in the best way he can. Learn respect. A game is a game we can whine or appreciate it but don't resort to hurting and blaming innocent people. 

What can i say... You are 100% correct dadaaaa-KT, is not Cyan's fault, and is not also the fault of all the employees in Aion team. Most of them just follow the directions given to them by higher ups. You can blame NC as company or those who actually take decisions, but not Cyan and not the majority of the Aion team at NCwest. 

Remember that the main goal for those ranks was to provide Xforms to the players who do open world PvP and sieges. We can not use Xforms in instances. 

I think that, finally, we are keeping the xforms for the people who is doing sieges and using them to help the factions in massive PvP wars. In some time we are going to see again those battles with 20-50 xforms on each side on the sieges. Having an Xform at the entrance for EB (or other PvE instance) instead of real PvP, was so bad in the past. 

Maybe we could have some GP rewards from other open world PvP sources. Maybe could be great to have other rankings for other play styles (like PvE or PvP instances and arenas). With other benefits or Xforms for those pourposes. But our current Xforms are supposed to be on the sieges and now they will be there, and only there. 

GP is only useless if you are doing it for the sole purpose of having Xform, it was an accomplishment just like anything else in game. And for those, it is because they worked hard for it. Not because they just afkd every pvp instance hoping that their team would win. I never AFK'd on any of my characters unless going against a strong premade where we didnt have a chance or if my character had no gear and wouldnt be of any help anyways. I worked hard for my rank, only to have it disappear because I didnt participate in a siege or two... that's complete bullshit. Maybe we would WANT to play if the game wasnt screwed up so badly and so boring that we can't bare to play but 5 mins let alone participate in damn sieges where we will just lose anyways. Nothing like wasting ones time. The amount gained through siege is a complete joke compared to the amount I would need to "maintain" rank, not to move forward just to maintain. But you can't even get enough to maintain or to get that stupid warning to go away. Tell me, what is the point in playing when every single thing we work so hard for now, will end up in the garbage later? Thought games are suppose to be fun, not harder than RL! :S I have been a loyal player to this game for a very long time but I am one of the many people, searching for a game to replace it. I am surprised they haven't taken away the ability to skin gear yet, probably only a matter of time. I remember when Aion only did good updates and never punished people for playing, I guess money became more important than the happiness of their player base. 

You can keep your rank easily by doing sieges (and not even all of them) even if you are always in the losing side.

The problem here is if someone has 2 million Gp how can you ever surpass that? the ranking list is pretty fixed since the days that AP->GP conversion existed, and was somehow balanced in 5.X because everything was giving Gp and plenty of it.

There is no way you can go higher in the ranks, unless someone higher than you stops playing and gets out of the list until he returns and reclaims his ranking. you can be offline for 1 whole year, the moment you return, you take back the rank this way, and that is not right.

4 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

You can keep your rank easily by doing sieges (and not even all of them) even if you are always in the losing side.

The problem here is if someone has 2 million Gp how can you ever surpass that? the ranking list is pretty fixed since the days that AP->GP conversion existed, and was somehow balanced in 5.X because everything was giving Gp and plenty of it.

There is no way you can go higher in the ranks, unless someone higher than you stops playing and gets out of the list until he returns and reclaims his ranking. you can be offline for 1 whole year, the moment you return, you take back the rank this way, and that is not right.

I agree that the reduction to 800 GP/month to maintain rank was overkill, though some adjustment did need to be made as you shouldn't be required to make every single siege (and win!) in order to keep your transform. Someone that participates in -most- sieges (win or lose) should be able to keep their transform, imo.

What I don't understand is why a returning player shouldn't be able to reclaim rank if they become active again. 

Built into the current system, there is fluidity to the ranks. Active people will rise. Inactive people will fall off the rankings. If someone continues to siege, they will keep their transform. Those that don't, will lose it. Isn't the purpose of a transform to help the faction in taking and defending forts? As long as your faction has 100 active transforms, your faction has a much better chance in sieges and everyone benefits. It doesn't actually have to be you transforming. Wouldn't you rather have 100 players who have been around awhile who know what they are doing transforming? Rather than someone who has played Aion for 3 and 1/2 weeks who doesn't know where to buy seeds? Transform doesn't mean that you are good. It means that you have been around awhile and you siege. Period.

Story.. on Kahrun we had a player who bought everything. Bought their account (and several others). Bought their legion. Bought their gear (or paid someone to grind it out for them). Bought their legionmates. And he bought his rank. He couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper bag. He didn't know how to use artifacts or anything about strategy. Famous quote, "Just tell me what to say and I will put it in banana chat." Most cringe worthy quote, "What does Hellfire do again?" This guy said that unless he became governor, he would feel that he hadn't really experienced all of Aion. He didn't care that we had an active governor who the faction happily followed. He didn't care that he was clueless and that all the real money in the world wasn't going to buy him skill or respect or knowledge. He just had to be governor so he can say that he had. And he did. And the faction fell apart.

Rank isn't assured and it wasn't designed to be something for you and we had gotten away from that with the last few patches by tying gear to the rankings. I believe rank was designed to help your faction. I would rather have the best and most active people in possession of those high ranks because we all benefit from that. That's more important than me personally having one.

25 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

What I don't understand is why a returning player shouldn't be able to reclaim rank if they become active again.

Because someone that is active now, all day and does all sieges will never, EVER be on top ranks as long as the older players decide so.

The older ranks were pure pve, remember when AP was the ranking, most high ranked people were in safe zones doing pve for AP, they would go out of safe zone to do their transformation in sieges for 10 minutes and then vanish again.
The exact same people turned their AP to GP by LOADS, you could make 3 quests one for 50 GP one for 500 GP and one for 5000 GP, all without making a single pvp instance or kill a single player.

...now these people have locked their ranks, they can go to sieges, be afk, get enough GP to keep their rank and voila, you have a server where the top 100 doesn't even have to try because the amount of GP they could have taken in previous updates carried over to this update where getting GP is almost no existent.

Meanwhile you have someone that might for a whole year be 100% active but the amount of GP he gets per week are like what, 1000 or something max? will this person EVER be able to get top rank, he needs 2000 weeks to be a governor in Asmodian katalam and that is if the top ranks don't get any GP meanwhile.

This is NCSoft, they did an amazing ranking system in Lineage II (yes that old game) where every month people would compete, the highest ranks would have the hero status for the next month. They did something similar to Aion in ranking in arenas, which would give you additional GP (8000 GP for the 1st ranked person), they could have done this for the transformation, you play a whole month, whoever gets the most GP is the top rank for the next month, continue and repeat.

Talk to a new player and tell him: "you do not qualify to be a governor, there is absoltuely no way, you lost your chance to get high in rank because you didn't play in 4.0+, but it is ok because I know someone who bought his gear, he bought his legion, he bought everything, but he couldn't lead, strawman examples always work."

The current ranking list is from AP->GP conversion times, and that required little to no pvp effort.

(P.S. I have a real life friend who purchased a high ranked Asmodian... I am not going to say a name but he purchased the char)

25 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I would rather have the best and most active people in possession of those high ranks because we all benefit from that.

...This is exactly what I said, you said the opposite by defending the fixed ranking and now you say the same I said. Those that are active and try hard, should get high in ranks, not those that can afk and still keep their first rank because they are locked there. I do not know how long you have been playing, but there was a time that in Asmodian Siel there were no transformers, because the high ranks were simply logging in once per month to keep their rank. The same can be done now, enter a siege, get the simple GP, keep your rank.

Sorry for the double post but I could no longer edit the above. I remember in Tiamaranta Eye, people would sell looting rights for chests they found and had keys, the people who bought the rights got AP and could turn those into GP.

The ranking system should reset every month, GP is not a currency, it is a ranking system, if you can get in top list this month you deserve it. Also GP should be given by all pvp things, like before, from arenas, pvp instances and open world pvp probably.

This way if you get in top ranks it means you did enough winning pvp and you deserve it, probably more than that 4.0 player that would farm ap and get more GP in one day than you can get in a whole month now.

3 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Sorry for the double post but I could no longer edit the above. I remember in Tiamaranta Eye, people would sell looting rights for chests they found and had keys, the people who bought the rights got AP and could turn those into GP.

The ranking system should reset every month, GP is not a currency, it is a ranking system, if you can get in top list this month you deserve it. Also GP should be given by all pvp things, like before, from arenas, pvp instances and open world pvp probably.

This way if you get in top ranks it means you did enough winning pvp and you deserve it, probably more than that 4.0 player that would farm ap and get more GP in one day than you can get in a whole month now.

Well resetting the GP... hmm i think that's a tricky thing. A bit more complicated. In general the ranking system is not bad, it just needs some adjustment. Since is pretty hard to explain in general, i will take and example. 

i'm currently at 301k gp, while the person above me, ad 304k. that is a 3k difference. lets assume that over the next 4 week i attend every siege (which is realistic since i almost never miss a siege) with an average of 200GP/siege that 800gp a week and 1600gp per month. The person above me doesn't do all the sieges, but the weekend one. thats 800gp/month
so in a month i lower the gap with 800 GP in a month. it will take me almost 4 months to go up 1 rank (if he's active). you should not depends on people taking a 3-4 months break in order for you to move up in ranks.

Now let's take a more horrifying example. 
my gp 301k (lot of ppl lost rank currently so keep that in mind during this example) rank 100 GP after over 30 ppl lost rank 322k. that's a 21k difference... can you ever surpass this in 6.2 with the current GP reward system?

OK then let people keep their accumulated GP just to keep it as a memoir, but the GP that will determine the ranking should be the GP you got the last month.

If you get 1600GP in one month and someone else gets 800GP in the same month, that means you are better than him and/or more active than him and/or trying harder, at least for this month you should be higher in the ranking. That person might have made 800 GP by being afk.

Think about the the racing in Olympics, the one who gets the gold trophy is the one who was the fastest this time, another person might be the fastest in the world in previous races, he still holds the record for fastest human but he doesn't automatically get a gold trophy forever even if he no longer competes or if he competes but comes last, just because he holds a world record.

-Yes this is aion, not the Olympics- but a high ranked person can simply go afk in sieges, get enough GP and keep the ranking, contributing nothing to the function, this has been the case at least in Asmodian - Katalam, I am not going to name people because it is against the rules to target players by game style. There is a person who owns two people with thee same name, one cleric and one sorcerer, this person keeps being afk in most things and still has a rank in both, he/she keeps them online at the same time, obviously keeping at least one of them as a second client totally afk.

If you want to be in top list you should have to keep earning it, not lock it because you had the chance at some point to pve farm your ranking. This is 6.2 we got items rendered useless, we got maps deleted and we keep carrying a broken ranking list since Aion 3.0 or something.

Even playing in 5.8 was enough to get a lot of GP because everything was giving GP and plenty of it, 5.8 GP earning was far more fair and reasonable, you could get 8000 GP by the end of the month if you were in top rank of CS and Arenas (8k per each). Winning a pvp instance gave you a lot of GP, like 300 GP or something. You could get like 30k GP per month if you tried hard and got first in many things. (Still not enough to beat those that have 4m GP).

A ranking that builds up is a problem, once you each a status you simply keep it even if you do nothing.
MOST importantly you also got that rank by means that were regarded unfair and then fixed, yet they don't bother to fix the list those unfair things created. Why remove the AP->GP conversion because it is unfair, but keep the unfairness that feature created? And even worse make earnign GP impossible so effectively you give people no chance to make any change?

Maybe turn all GP earned in one month into AP so it resets but compensates you for something.

All this wall of text. Isn't it simpler to just gp wipe everyone to 0 and make it such that only sieges give gp? Maybe new players (I doubt there is any) will have the same complains as you guys in a couple weeks/months to come that they can't keep up with only sieges. So we just gp wipe every month or two :D?

well. I think there are many opinions here, but they are not totally incompatible between them....

lets se....

It is true that in previous versions GP was so much easier to get. Even the AP from older versions was much easier. A lot of people got massive amounts of GP just doing Eternal Bastion or farming a lot of AFK instances (or even worse, some of them used alts on the other faction to ensure a victory on their dredgions, IDL and others). Now we have some of those players whith those incredible numbers and an actual active player can not reach that. So an older Bastion Hero can keep a high rank xform easily by doing few sieges each month, and a real active player wont be able to get there even if he/she fights in every single siege for a whole year. 

This thing wasn´t just an issue with the GP system. We had that even with the old AP rank. And in the same way that some players bought GP or did PvE farm to get the rank, In the past some BGs made their legionmates to work for them to get a lot of AP from PvE content. 

It is also true that it is better for all the faction to have experienced Xforms. Players with knowledge and experience can do a better job. So making the xforms easy to get for every new player at the end it is a risk. We are not supposed to have an Xform after 3 or 4 month playing Aion. Those ranks are something especial and provide something usefull for the whole faction in the right hands. 

So yes. we have some people who is not really PvP and got a high rank by farming EB or with money, and maybe could be great to make it easier for active siegers to get those ranks. But also, we can not make it so easy for anyone to get an Xform even if they do not have experience. 

IMO, what we have now is the best Rank system that I saw in the last 6 years playing. Finally the Xforms are only for those who are in the sieges. Finally we can not buy a rank with real money and we can not farm those GP doing 13546521321 runs in a PvE instance. For the first time since 6 years ago, our Xforms are where they are supposed to be. In the fortress fighting for their faction. 

Also, even when the current numbers are hard to get, and some veteran players who got their rank by other means, at least we have that requirement of doing some GP each month to be on the ranking. Maybe is to easy, maybe they dont really need so much effort, but at least they need to be there sometimes. In Siel, on Elyos side we had in the past a lot of time without Governor cause that did not exist. Huby was so cool when he was active, but he needed to leave and with the AP number he had, nobody was able to take that place. Our current Governor also has a massive amount of GP, but if he needs to leave the game, in a month that place will be free for an active player. And if he comes back, he will recover what he deserves. 

Aion0063.jpg

lmao dropped 135 ranks, cuz of all "New" ppl on the ranking list... i know they just lowered the requirement, but they should really just do a wipe of the gp, let everyone start over, get all the inactive ranks out, and let the active ppl rank up. sure will be a while with out xforms, but is that soo bad?

6 minutes ago, Acheillies-KT said:

Aion0063.jpg

lmao dropped 135 ranks, cuz of all "New" ppl on the ranking list... i know they just lowered the requirement, but they should really just do a wipe of the gp, let everyone start over, get all the inactive ranks out, and let the active ppl rank up. sure will be a while with out xforms, but is that soo bad?

That must be so frustrating. I would say, though, to give it a month or so and you will see yourself zoom right back up. A lot of older players came back and played for a week or so and have already quit. Just need to go that month for them to lose their rank.

it is aggravating, i do every siege, i do almost all the pvp instances, even though they dont give gp, they just give ap, but constantly dropping lol... i know alot would be mad for losing their rank, but after a couple weeks, they would get over it. being on elyos kt we havent lost the lakrum fort since the patch, so we dont get squat for gp in sieges lol... i also really believe a month or so with out xforms, would be good, give ppl time to farm up with out getting ganked by a general or 5 star, and would sort out the list of the ppl active in sieges.

1 hour ago, Acheillies-KT said:

''Wipe the GP'' easy words to say by people that have not put the effort to Rank Up,  took me 1 year to reach Army 5 in Tiamat, i lost it after the merge and then took me another 4 months more to rank up again in KT.

37K GP is really low even some of my alts have that number, so i don't see your effort to rank previous this patch. Also to lower the amount of GP was really necessary that is out of discussion,  so if you drop in ranks thats means your competitors are active too.

First i would advise you guys to stop saying that people in high ranks didn't work for their rank, because that's really not true. @Acheillies-KT trust me mate, doing 3-4 EB a day back in 4.0-4.5 was no easy task. EB was not what you might have seen in 5.x patches. Even in 5.x  when instance got easier you still had to spend a few hours doing that number of EB.  I love you man, you know i do, but here you are wrong. Not to mention the numbers of Sieges and PVP instances some of them did to get there. They did nothing wrong, they played the game. They didn't abuse a glitch or a bug in the system. and definitely they did not clap their hands and the GP appeared. 
That's why i say a total wipe it's a bit tricky in reality. 

Your's truly,

Sexy pervert Gladiator Mirelium :D

3 hours ago, Acheillies-KT said:

previous effort to rank, lol, i was a 3 star in 5.8. and you say you got yours in tiamat? most ppl that will be against the gp wipe  ofc will be the "gp farmers" who didnt really "work" for their rank, just farmed, their alts..

You know. It really depends on how you look at things.

I could just as easily say that the only people asking for a GP wipe are those that want instant gratification, aren't willing to put the time in to gain a transform legit like everyone before them and who think that transform will make them invincible but they will actually melt in under a minute.

What a waste.

enough-internet.gif

i never said they weren't ppl that didnt work for their rank, i said most that would complain would've been the ones farming. If i was a high rank yea i would be mad about the wipe, but if i earned it, i'd be more acceptable to a fresh start, where all can earn, and have "fresh meat" to fight at the top of the list. I know how hard it is to gain rank, and im not looking for instant gratification, just a more lvl playing field, like everyone else for the ppl that are active vs the inactives.

7 hours ago, Acheillies-KT said:

it is aggravating, i do every siege, i do almost all the pvp instances, even though they dont give gp, they just give ap, but constantly dropping lol... i know alot would be mad for losing their rank, but after a couple weeks, they would get over it. being on elyos kt we havent lost the lakrum fort since the patch, so we dont get squat for gp in sieges lol... i also really believe a month or so with out xforms, would be good, give ppl time to farm up with out getting ganked by a general or 5 star, and would sort out the list of the ppl active in sieges.

Why should their efforts be wiped for you?  Especially since they've invested not months but years to to get or maintain it, and did that several times already?

and your saying that you get ganked by high ranks is just ironic, sine usually it's high ranks that get ganked. No one links a high rank in chat, everyone jumps on a high rank when they're questing. 

1 hour ago, Acheillies-KT said:

i never said they weren't ppl that didnt work for their rank, i said most that would complain would've been the ones farming. If i was a high rank yea i would be mad about the wipe, but if i earned it, i'd be more acceptable to a fresh start, where all can earn, and have "fresh meat" to fight at the top of the list. I know how hard it is to gain rank, and im not looking for instant gratification, just a more lvl playing field, like everyone else for the ppl that are active vs the inactives.

That makes no sense at all. It isn't a ranking like the arena. And what the hell is a "GP farmer"? what if they earned their GP by going to every siege  ? does that make them a farmer?   if they kept doing their KBs?, while other people didn't and did PVE instances, or slacked off and missed sieges? don't be silly.

And a fresh start is available- on the new server.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:57 AM, Acheillies-KT said:

previous effort to rank, lol, i was a 3 star in 5.8. and you say you got yours in tiamat? most ppl that will be against the gp wipe  ofc will be the "gp farmers" who didnt really "work" for their rank, just farmed, their alts..

That doesn't make sense, why would afk farmers be against a gp wipe if they didnt work for it in the first place?? I would only be pissed if they wipe my gp that I worked my ass off to get. I could care less if I didn't work for something, if I lose it :S. AFK gp farming is easy, there is not effort involved. And now it is even worse because if you do participate in sieges and die every time you are losing transforms which are hard to get. So yeah I would be very upset if they wipe my gp because it took me forever to make rank the hard way. It's not right to generalize everyone into the same category just because they don't agree with a full gp wipe. Yeah maybe because we EARNED it. 

On 11/15/2018 at 2:10 AM, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Then how come I had 1450 gp (so much for the 800 max- lie) that I needed to get just after one week not participating in sieges and am now rank 1? Even if I participated there is no way to accomplish that much by siege alone. Let alone raise my rank, is completely out of the picture.  Sure, I can reclaim my rank but can never actually progress further. 

Archived