Forums

Did NcSoft forget about GP in 6.2?

Robotica-KT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

GP should have been reset in 6.2. I've played since 4.0 and I still see a lot of the same names near the top because of all that EB they farmed back then. We haven't had a GP reset in at least..6 years. Da nyerk.

I think some of you guys are off topic. really of topic. "Did NcSoft Forget About GP In 6.2?" Nothing about GP reset in this topic. Can we please stay on topic? 

EB GP farming, was legal, and encouraged by NCSoft. So why should those be punished? We are not talking about GP reset here, we are talking about GP reward amounts, and maybe, just maybe, ways of getting GP other then siege (personally i think GP should remain a siege only reward). Would like to see more PVP instances, but that's for another topic (No GP rewards for them though).  Not about GP Reset. 

On 15/11/2018 at 8:14 PM, Azzmaria-KT said:

Players with knowledge and experience can do a better job. So making the xforms easy to get for every new player at the end it is a risk. We are not supposed to have an Xform after 3 or 4 month playing Aion. Those ranks are something especial and provide something usefull for the whole faction in the right hands.

I was a 4 star since the ranking system with GP, never managed to be 5 star because I didn't care, recently I became 5 star because higher ranks quit the game. I did my transform in the last 2 sieges, transforming is nothing difficult, you just get load of HP, you do not get silenced, or stunned or rooted and you do more dmg. A simple transformation does that as well. Lets not pretend transformers have a special knowledge that the common new comers cannot get in one single siege. It is just necessary to have 100 elyos transformers vs 100 asmodian transformers. So people who would rather afk in a siege for the GP to keep their rank shouldn't be encouraged to make it fair, those 10 minutes of ultimate mode can change the flow of the siege.

On 15/11/2018 at 8:27 PM, Acheillies-KT said:

it is aggravating, i do every siege, i do almost all the pvp instances, even though they dont give gp, they just give ap, but constantly dropping lol...

...this is because you cannot get higher in rank, the list is locked, nobody can get higher or lower since the GP acquisition is not possible now. The only thing that determines rank is whether someone higher in the locked list decides to play or not.

On 15/11/2018 at 9:35 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

''Wipe the GP'' easy words to say by people that have not put the effort to Rank Up,  took me 1 year to reach Army 5 in Tiamat, i lost it after the merge and then took me another 4 months more to rank up again in KT.

37K GP is really low even some of my alts have that number, so i don't see your effort to rank previous this patch. Also to lower the amount of GP was really necessary that is out of discussion,  so if you drop in ranks thats means your competitors are active too.

...lowering GP is a "good" thing. But when you get to carry your GP from previous patches that you got easier is not a good thing. If GP from previous patches was too easy to get, then that GP should be removed as well, in accordance to the new GP acquisition system where getting 4m GP is impossible, yet some peopel got to keep the 4m GP they farmed from previous patches..

On 15/11/2018 at 10:14 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

yes ''Previous effort''  reaching High ranks  is a long term objective and requieres constant dedication, and as i said with an amount of GP so low as 37K is, i don't see what effort could have you done, that is the amount my AFK alts have.

A fully active new player gets like 210 GP per winning sieges or 240 if they own the castle, or 90 GP in a losing castle (with prestige on), that should be 840 or 960 GP per week if they win every siege. For a new fully active player to get 37k that your afkers got from PREVIOUS releases he needs about 40 weeks which is almost a year, meanwhile your afkers can get the exact same amount of GP. If you do not win every siege (duh) those 40 weeks get even more.

On 16/11/2018 at 0:49 AM, Mirelium-KT said:

First i would advise you guys to stop saying that people in high ranks didn't work for their rank, because that's really not true. @Acheillies-KT trust me mate, doing 3-4 EB a day back in 4.0-4.5 was no easy task. EB was not what you might have seen in 5.x patches. Even in 5.x  when instance got easier you still had to spend a few hours doing that number of EB.  I love you man, you know i do, but here you are wrong. Not to mention the numbers of Sieges and PVP instances some of them did to get there. They did nothing wrong, they played the game. They didn't abuse a glitch or a bug in the system. and definitely they did not clap their hands and the GP appeared. 
That's why i say a total wipe it's a bit tricky in reality.

But that is the problem, you GOT the chance to farm EB for a load of GP... can someone else do the same now? Nope, so what they did is they gave the ability to old players, to farm up GP by all means, especially back in AP->GP days and in 5.8 that every instance was giving like 350GP (even in pve instances some times you got a lot of GP) but they removed it now while they kept the accumulated GP.

If you have a rank because you farmed EB non stop,... then at the moment nobody can farm EB non stop for the same amount of GP.
Now all they have to do is simply go to a siege, even if they afk they simply keep the rank, active people have no way to surpass your EB GP because EB no longer gives GP, nor any pvp instance or arenas.

They changed the GP acquisition to make it more fair, but instead they locked the list for good, effort is no longer rewarded. If you did your GP farm in pre 6.2 you are good to keep your rank forever, period.

~~~~

I am a 5 star myself recently because people quit. I also benefited from previous GP acquisition systems, but that doesn't mean I find it fair. I have friends that returned from Aion 3.0 and some new people that wanted to try it now, they will never be able to rise in ranks because there is no way to get GP now. At least not the amounts we accumulated in previous broken patches where GP was thrown in buckets to our faces.

5 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I was a 4 star since the ranking system with GP, never managed to be 5 star because I didn't care, recently I became 5 star because higher ranks quit the game. I did my transform in the last 2 sieges, transforming is nothing difficult, you just get load of HP, you do not get silenced, or stunned or rooted and you do more dmg. A simple transformation does that as well. Lets not pretend transformers have a special knowledge that the common new comers cannot get in one single siege. It is just necessary to have 100 elyos transformers vs 100 asmodian transformers. So people who would rather afk in a siege for the GP to keep their rank shouldn't be encouraged to make it fair, those 10 minutes of ultimate mode can change the flow of the siege.

...this is because you cannot get higher in rank, the list is locked, nobody can get higher or lower since the GP acquisition is not possible now. The only thing that determines rank is whether someone higher in the locked list decides to play or not.

...lowering GP is a "good" thing. But when you get to carry your GP from previous patches that you got easier is not a good thing. If GP from previous patches was too easy to get, then that GP should be removed as well, in accordance to the new GP acquisition system where getting 4m GP is impossible, yet some peopel got to keep the 4m GP they farmed from previous patches..

A fully active new player gets like 210 GP per winning sieges or 240 if they own the castle, or 90 GP in a losing castle (with prestige on), that should be 840 or 960 GP per week if they win every siege. For a new fully active player to get 37k that your afkers got from PREVIOUS releases he needs about 40 weeks which is almost a year, meanwhile your afkers can get the exact same amount of GP. If you do not win every siege (duh) those 40 weeks get even more.

But that is the problem, you GOT the chance to farm EB for a load of GP... can someone else do the same now? Nope, so what they did is they gave the ability to old players, to farm up GP by all means, especially back in AP->GP days and in 5.8 that every instance was giving like 350GP (even in pve instances some times you got a lot of GP) but they removed it now while they kept the accumulated GP.

If you have a rank because you farmed EB non stop,... then at the moment nobody can farm EB non stop for the same amount of GP.
Now all they have to do is simply go to a siege, even if they afk they simply keep the rank, active people have no way to surpass your EB GP because EB no longer gives GP, nor any pvp instance or arenas.

They changed the GP acquisition to make it more fair, but instead they locked the list for good, effort is no longer rewarded. If you did your GP farm in pre 6.2 you are good to keep your rank forever, period.

~~~~

I am a 5 star myself recently because people quit. I also benefited from previous GP acquisition systems, but that doesn't mean I find it fair. I have friends that returned from Aion 3.0 and some new people that wanted to try it now, they will never be able to rise in ranks because there is no way to get GP now. At least not the amounts we accumulated in previous broken patches where GP was thrown in buckets to our faces.

I got rank (no xform)because i spend literally half a day in this game like many others, We didn't receive the GP just like that. Yes the reward now are a joke. I have said it before. And why you talking about afk'ing in siege? If you afk in siege you don't deserve GP and you don't deserve your rank period. I have not Afk in any siege, done them all almost everyday. If i couldn't be active in it, i was not apart of it.
What I am trying to say, and others tried to say is this. Some have dedicated lot of time to the game, and if they had to start from 0 again, most won't even bother. Myself included. It's just a reality, you don't have to like it, or agree with it. it's just how things are. 
Whoever wanted a fresh start, moved to EK. I have lots of friends, that were playing on SL before, good players, experienced, who went to EK to get a fresh start. They didn't came on KT asking for a GP whip. or on DN. 
The GP reward is crap, and i have said it before. Read some posts from this thread from me. I will not be moving forward in rank, i already know it too. i got used to it. it's just another poor management from NC.

47 minutes ago, Mirelium-KT said:

The GP reward is crap, and i have said it before. Read some posts from this thread from me. I will not be moving forward in rank, i already know it too. i got used to it. it's just another poor management from NC.

...yet you are ok with it, I get it, but we are not ok with it, I hope you also get it. This is what we are talking about here and this is the forums where people write their views on the game.

If the game gets to a position where the ranking is monthly based and you do not want to play, that means you are well engulfed into the locked list and you enjoy the lethargic state the game is now. I am not asking for GP to be wiped, but the ranking of the people should be based on the GP you accumulated the last month. Every month is a new month, if you are active, you can be governor, if not, you can go back to rank 1 even if you have 5 billion GP accumulated from previous patches.

P.S. I am back to 4 star now, someone decided to return (after god knows how much time afk) he still holds his rank. I hope they are at least active in sieges because if not, then I guess we will all have to start quitting sooner or later (except you of course, since you seem to enjoy a locked list without any chance of progress).

@Arxaggelos-KT you still have not read my other posts have you? 

Here maybe it's easier if i put it all in one.

On 11/13/2018 at 7:14 AM, Mirelium-KT said:

Good question... Siege gp reward is junk, no other source of gaining GP but siege. You might be able to keep your rank if you attend every siege, but progress any further is futile. GG NCFail

I always had a goal in advancing in rank, not that's gone. One more thing i can cross from the reason i played this game, along with PVP instances (most of them are gone). 

Lot's of Love

On 11/13/2018 at 8:41 AM, Mirelium-KT said:

Well thank you for the update, however that means 0 for me personally, and for every elyos on KT :)))))) 120 gp for fail and 150-200 GP for winning... As I said GG NCFail. 

From where I am to get to 5 star I need 130k GP... that is IMPOSSIBLE! so... 
And please don't tell me GP is useless... rank is useless etc. I'm not a beginner. However, for me growing in rank is as important as getting geared, or getting better at doing instances, or leading or whatever other goal you may think of.
@Shirayuki-DN I agree with you on the GP from siege part. I don't have a problem with that. However, the current GP was gained as you said from PVP instances, and we are talking about 10k-30k GP a week. How is anyone suppose to catch up with that gap now? Again, speaking from the perspective of someone who actually has a some sort of a guity pleasure in being better ranked. (I know is stupid, but i never said i wasn't stupid LOL). They should at least keep the old GP rewards from previous patch, just give those who are interested the possibility to advance. Keep the hope alive.

Lot's of Love

On 11/15/2018 at 5:39 PM, Mirelium-KT said:

Well resetting the GP... hmm i think that's a tricky thing. A bit more complicated. In general the ranking system is not bad, it just needs some adjustment. Since is pretty hard to explain in general, i will take and example. 

i'm currently at 301k gp, while the person above me, ad 304k. that is a 3k difference. lets assume that over the next 4 week i attend every siege (which is realistic since i almost never miss a siege) with an average of 200GP/siege that 800gp a week and 1600gp per month. The person above me doesn't do all the sieges, but the weekend one. thats 800gp/month
so in a month i lower the gap with 800 GP in a month. it will take me almost 4 months to go up 1 rank (if he's active). you should not depends on people taking a 3-4 months break in order for you to move up in ranks.

Now let's take a more horrifying example. 
my gp 301k (lot of ppl lost rank currently so keep that in mind during this example) rank 100 GP after over 30 ppl lost rank 322k. that's a 21k difference... can you ever surpass this in 6.2 with the current GP reward system?

I never said i enjoy it, dude get your fact's straight. I am not happy, and i will never be with this amount given as reward. The amount. The fact that i or you or others will not move forward, it's a reality, not a wish, as i have explained. I'm not sure where you get your facts, definitely not from this thread.
And i'm not referring to GP from EB, OW, KB, IWW. I'm talking about Sieges only. 5.x patch gave you roughly 600GP reward for a prestige user on one siege. Now 250-300, when the number of sieges have been cut down from about 1-2 sieges/day(even more in weekends) to 4 sieges a week. 

...and i never asked for GP to be removed, I said keep the accumulated GP as a number, but the ranking list needs to rely on the last month's GP only. Pretty simple. Everyone will be happy and if they are not happy that means they wanna rest in the safety of a locked list because it simply favors them to have a broken patch where GP is nowhere to be rewarded from and they get to keep their rank for doing little to nothing and have no way to lose their rank to another "better" or more active person.

2 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

...and i never asked for GP to be removed, I said keep the accumulated GP as a number, but the ranking list needs to rely on the last month's GP only. Pretty simple. Everyone will be happy and if they are not happy that means they wanna rest in the safety of a locked list because it simply favors them to have a broken patch where GP is nowhere to be rewarded from and they get to keep their rank for doing little to nothing and have no way to lose their rank to another "better" or more active person.

Yes, but it's the same thing. The only reason gp matters, is for the rank. if you don't take into consideration previous GP, is same thing as wipe. In general, it does rely on the last month or this month GP. if you are not active you lose your rank. if you become active you regain your rank. I'm trying to understand your suggestion... but i am unable too. 
Do you think that those who are in rank (most of them at least) are not accumulating GP? you are deluding yourself if you think those in top ranks are not accumulating gp, and in some cases the upper half accumulates more then the lower half of the rank due to gear, exp, the fact that they can contribute more, in an Xform state(not always, but it is a factor to consider) I'm trying to understand how the ranking will be better with your method, but i fail to do so. 

Ranking system is not that simple as you may think, and there are many things to consider. Just saying.

17 hours ago, Mirelium-KT said:

Yes, but it's the same thing. The only reason gp matters, is for the rank. if you don't take into consideration previous GP, is same thing as wipe. In general, it does rely on the last month or this month GP. if you are not active you lose your rank. if you become active you regain your rank. I'm trying to understand your suggestion... but i am unable too. 
Do you think that those who are in rank (most of them at least) are not accumulating GP? you are deluding yourself if you think those in top ranks are not accumulating gp, and in some cases the upper half accumulates more then the lower half of the rank due to gear, exp, the fact that they can contribute more, in an Xform state(not always, but it is a factor to consider) I'm trying to understand how the ranking will be better with your method, but i fail to do so. 

Ranking system is not that simple as you may think, and there are many things to consider. Just saying.

So you are telling me that someone who is in top 100 now, if he had to compete every month and be in the first 100 he wouldn't be and that is unfair? If you have to rely on GP that was given to you by pve means then you have nothing to contribute in the game.

The arenas ranking system was monthly, if one month you participated and you were good, you could be 1st, next month you do not participate as much or participate but lose, you are not first this time because others are better.

At the moment whoever is in the top 100 can simply sit even afk in sieges, get 800 GP per month and keep his top 100. I already said I saw people afking even if they had a big rank. You are not participating in a ranking list that ranks the best players, but rather those that managed to accumulate enough GP in patches that GP was either abundant or even possible via pve means.

I am not sure I can explain to you better, that the list is locked and either you are good or bad, either you actively participate or not, the list is there, it is fixed and won't change for any reason. If you think this is ok then never vote, you prove yourself not so bright.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:40 AM, Mirelium-KT said:

I think some of you guys are off topic. really of topic. "Did NcSoft Forget About GP In 6.2?" Nothing about GP reset in this topic. Can we please stay on topic? 

EB GP farming, was legal, and encouraged by NCSoft. So why should those be punished? We are not talking about GP reset here, we are talking about GP reward amounts, and maybe, just maybe, ways of getting GP other then siege (personally i think GP should remain a siege only reward). Would like to see more PVP instances, but that's for another topic (No GP rewards for them though).  Not about GP Reset. 

How much you GP you gain from sources and your starting GP level both are relevant to discussion.

It doesn't really matter if someone gained their GP previously from sieging, or EB, or KB, or other instances. It was earned.   It's earned strictly through sieging now, which I personally think is OK>

The problem was that GP didn't and still doesn't  decay quickly enough, to prevent someone from not playing for  just a month , then starting to play and regaining one of the highest spots. It shouldn't be quite that easy.

Talking about some monthly or seasonal GP is pointless, KR  has already coded that. It won't replace the current system, it's an additional system and it isn't for transforms - but anyone can compete, its purely based on activity.

i'm going to say this again, In the past you got as a prestige user 400 to 900 GP from sieges only, there were more then one siege a day. So only from siege, not considering pve instance you could accumulate a few thousand GP/week. With a reward of possible a few k GP/week you have a real chance of surpassing a less or non active player. It doesn't need to be easy, it never was, and it shouldn't be. Not sure if you guys understand my point. This change seems a plausible one, w/o modifying the system, which NC WILL NEVER DO, so i'm trying to be realistic in what i say. 

Edit

I don't remember the rewards as a nonprestige player, my bad :( 

I'm a new player that started about a week before 6.2 hit.   I haven't missed a siege since the patch, but I don't go there for GP.   I go there to get Legendary PvP Enchant stones. 

I'm currently a 3 star officer, and 4 star is far out of reach for me.   Currently, I'd have to get over 64k GP to rank up (and that number has been going up every time I logon). Although, I perceive that to be a good thing ( more vet players playing enough to maintain rank).

And why would I want a higher rank, as a new player.   Going to 4 star just means my name gets spammed every time I die.  If I made it to transform ranks, I don't have the kinah to continuously use it.  That kinah goes to enchanting, mana stones, crafting mats to get item promotion supplies, etc.. 

1 minute ago, Aderishia-KT said:

I'm a new player that started about a week before 6.2 hit.   I haven't missed a siege since the patch, but I don't go there for GP.   I go there to get Legendary PvP Enchant stones. 

I'm currently a 3 star officer, and 4 star is far out of reach for me.   Currently, I'd have to get over 64k GP to rank up (and that number has been going up every time I logon). Although, I perceive that to be a good thing ( more vet players playing enough to maintain rank).

And why would I want a higher rank, as a new player.   Going to 4 star just means my name gets spammed every time I die.  If I made it to transform ranks, I don't have the kinah to continuously use it.  That kinah goes to enchanting, mana stones, crafting mats to get item promotion supplies, etc.. 

Well it's really non important, game wise. 1 star 2 star 3 star 4 star, don't do anything for you. no xform. no spamming when you die, it's maybe just a recognition of how active you are and how much you contribute to your faction sieges (or that's what it should be). 

Archived