Weekly Server Maintenance - November 14, 2018

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, November 14, 2018 from 6:00 a.m. CST / 13:00 CET to 8:00 a.m. CST / 15:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

29 minutes ago, Aliseta-DN said:

Will leave those here:

Well. Actually the issue in the last one is that Cyan answered 2 things at once and it seems the ideas were mixed. 

He said the last week that we weren´t have a November´s preview, but instead of that we were going to get something better and that thing was delayed one week. I guess that something better is the patch. 

He also answered in the same message that we are going to have less events since 6.2. Maybe the main reasson for this, could be, that our regular events in the last years involved a lot of free gear, enchantment stones and expensive items that usually are hard to get ingame.

I know that we all love those events and we took a lot of profit from them in the past, but IMO is not a bad idea. Actually, with all those, easy to get, endgame items a lot of content lost value. We adapted our style from farming and making a lot of effort with instances and grind, to focus in events and get those things easier and faster. So after 3 weeks playing 6.2 it seems that we at least came back to 3.X in the way to get gear. Now we really need to play to get something and endgame gear seems to be really hard to get. I like that. It is not easy, I am really far from what I want, yet I like that 

46 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

He also answered in the same message that we are going to have less events since 6.2. Maybe the main reasson for this, could be, that our regular events in the last years involved a lot of free gear, enchantment stones and expensive items that usually are hard to get ingame.

I know that we all love those events and we took a lot of profit from them in the past, but IMO is not a bad idea. Actually, with all those, easy to get, endgame items a lot of content lost value. We adapted our style from farming and making a lot of effort with instances and grind, to focus in events and get those things easier and faster. So after 3 weeks playing 6.2 it seems that we at least came back to 3.X in the way to get gear. Now we really need to play to get something and endgame gear seems to be really hard to get. I like that. It is not easy, I am really far from what I want, yet I like that 

They aren't doing events so close to patch because they want everyone to spend as much of your money as possible in the shop. Why give away what can be bought while everyone is in a craze to get the latest/greatest gear? Everyone is so used to getting things quickly now. They are going to get frustrated with people/friends gearing up so quickly that they are going to pull out that wallet and spend. Let's lower the movement speed. Here's a free mount for a week. Oh it ran out? Just so happens to be 3 in the store. No kinah because the price of greys is so low? Crack open those 13 lockboxes you have in your inv. It has nothing to do with content losing value and everything to do with $$$.

10 minutes ago, Strings-EK said:

They aren't doing events so close to patch because they want everyone to spend as much of your money as possible in the shop. Why give away what can be bought while everyone is in a craze to get the latest/greatest gear? Everyone is so used to getting things quickly now. They are going to get frustrated with people/friends gearing up so quickly that they are going to pull out that wallet and spend. Let's lower the movement speed. Here's a free mount for a week. Oh it ran out? Just so happens to be 3 in the store. No kinah because the price of greys is so low? Crack open those 13 lockboxes you have in your inv. It has nothing to do with content losing value and everything to do with $$$.

Actually I am one of the players that complains the most here. My opinion about NCsoft is really bad. And the only one from them that has my respect is Cyan (Gydeon and Hime should stay away if they do not have time to pay attention)

But about what you said....

I was looking the store. I do not see so many P2W things now. We had a lot of that since the last half of 4.X. But now.... We can not get gear in luna or from events or from the store. Even the enchanments stones are hard to find in BCM (and now we only have the small ones and totally expensive). Transformation contracts? Well, tahts a P2W thing. Great ress with luna too. But not much more. 

Mounts? well, they are hard to get, and we can buy them. But thats not P2W. We can not even fight if we use a mount. It is just a fancy item. And actually I required like 3 months when I joined to get a mount. In Aion 3.7 mounts were hard to get like now. We had the legion horse (the one that I got farming a lot), Rentus and TS. And in those instances the drop rate for the mount was so so low. And we had the mounts on the store. Actually some of them are there since 6 years or more ago. Not sure if an instance can drop a mount now. But legion task can provide the coins to get the horse. 

I didn't specifically say it is pay to win. It is pay to compete. Or pay for luxury. You can wait and get items traditionally or pay money to have things now. Enchantment stones, Stigma enchantment stones, mounts, Xform scrolls. Yes some of the items have been in the store but with this patch comes the restrictions on them that have never been there. Also, wonder why you can't store Kinah or most items in your warehouse? So you buy more from the store instead of using your higher level chars to make money for your lower levels.

As I told you, I usually complain a lot. And I totally disagree with the new economy system. I do not like what we have with the account warehouse. I do not like how we can not trade with friends. I think the economy is probably the most incomplete featur in 6.2 and it needs so much atention to be fixed as soon as possible. Also I find the game so small. I would like to call it Aion 0.62, cause it does not seem to be complete yet. 

but about enchanment stones, mounts and some few things that a lot of people hates now, I do not totally disagree, cause they used to be similar in Aion 3.X and that version was a huge success and the game was so populated in that way. (yes. not everyone had mounts on those days. Some of them had to buy the whale on oriel/pernon)

The game was so populated in 3.X because it was newer and people actually still played non WoW MMORPGs. I am also not really arguing with you, I am giving my opinion on why there are no events scheduled on the horizon. All of the events are basically rehashed from previous years so the code is there. They are just choosing not to give free rewards.

No events and no free rewards is good in a sense. This means the team can focus on resolving issues with this patch instead of potential getting flooded with tickets from bugs or issues from events even if they are already in the database from previous years. Patch is just 3 weeks old and we just had an event end last week which hooked most if not all players up with an ancient xform correct or incorrect for their class. Movement speed issue is technically settled even if atk spd/cast spd is not. We do not want another repeat of 5.x where free harvester gear was literally given out just mere weeks after patch which meant there was literally no point whatsoever to do BoS. People are still struggling to even get FM/BoS done in the current patch not to mention PF or IDD. Free PvE gear (cough i'm looking at you ultimate PvE gear) would mean the playerbase would just most likely sit on their arse all day in town. As if most people aren't already doing that. PvP wise sure, would be nice if an event gave more enchant stones but I would really rather have the team be focusing on resolving issues with the patch first.

18 hours ago, Cyan said:

*snip*

wr4q57fo63y11.jpg 

Best maintenance picture ever!

44 minutes ago, wijaz-KT said:

I wanna know why most tramformation pots that i farm from mobs have cast speeed. I need atack speed

Those potions are RNG. You will get some with attack speed as well as cast speed. Use the cast speed ones to run about faster and only pop the attack speed ones when you need to attack things.

3 minutes ago, Norii-KT said:

I just hope next event we get is snowball event, even if is the only next event we get and it starts like end of November or beginning of December ._.

Consider this, though.

Snowball event + no trading between alts = ??

I am getting ready..

hjw4IY0.jpg

Archived