Aion: Awakened Legacy - November 14 Patch Notes

Cyan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Cyan said:

I just wanted to jump in here quickly again and say thanks for the continued feedback. Today's patch isn't all that we've been discussing with the development team. We will be changing the Shards price in the Golden Sand Trader and we're discussing lots more with the development team and here internally. This includes everything from PvP enchantment stone availability, Transparent Transformation Scroll availability, mounts, and more. Due to the US holiday next week there likely won't be much of an update but keep sharing your thoughts. 

Thank you Cyan! : 3

7 hours ago, Cyan said:

I just wanted to jump in here quickly again and say thanks for the continued feedback. Today's patch isn't all that we've been discussing with the development team. We will be changing the Shards price in the Golden Sand Trader and we're discussing lots more with the development team and here internally. This includes everything from PvP enchantment stone availability, Transparent Transformation Scroll availability, mounts, and more. Due to the US holiday next week there likely won't be much of an update but keep sharing your thoughts. 

@Cyan Thank you for the Update. Sometimes it's enough just to know your thoughts reach the other side. Not expecting for everything to happen fast, because i can imagine there are a lot of things to consider, that we, don't know about.

20 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

@Rapier-DN I'm not referring to the top 30 people particularly, I am referring to all the ranked players. What upsets people is that it takes a few months to do 3 days' worth of GP from the previous patch, What upsets people is that they can NEVER compete now. What upsets people is that the people above them do not need work "hard" to keep their rank, they just have to show up. Having only 1 GP output with a fixed rate means anyone who shows up will not lose their rank nor be overtaken. There is absolutely no way for a 4-Star to get the GP they need to be a 5-Star anymore unless players drop off the board, but as @Mirelium-KT mentioned: they can at any point strip you of your rank simply by showing up to a few sieges and getting theirs back

Really? and why do they want that rank? because what you are referring to to as "not hard work" is people doing what they are supposed to do with their transforms, and doing it consistently, and with dedication in order to maintain that rank. They shouldn't have to spend their life in Aion to maintain rank, and staying even in the top 100, let alone the top 30, took a lot of dedication.

Most of the people who complain about "never being allowed to compete" never invested anywhere near the time that the high ranks did. In addition, a lot of them took breaks from the game. Well,  some decisions have consequences- this means you don't get to climb this particular ladder. You still get to do anything else in the game but transform ranks require consistent dedication to the game.

And you point about anyone showing up to strip people of their rank? It's not new to 6.2. That's an old problem due to the rate of GP decay- the're been many, many, many discussion about it prior to 6.2 and it's affected many people with rank. NC hasn't done a thing about it- even if they can't do a thing themselves- they've never mentioned bring it up with KR (that I'mm aware of). This would help having inactive ranks decay faster.

14 hours ago, Cyan said:

-What about skins update on Golden Sand Trader ? Is it possible to have all ex-luna skins on Golden Sand Trader ?
-What about tradable white/craft gears ? You know so we can buy skins off broker ?
-What about lower broker fee cause it's too high right now ?
-What about bring all dye petals back to some NPC sellers ? cause we can't get them via gathering anymore ?
-Is it possible to bring emotes NPC back ?
-Is it possible to reintroduce  white gears seller NPC ? so we can buy them to skin on them and trade to other chars ?
-Is it possible for kinah to trade between account warehouse ?
-Botting getting rampage in Lakrum starting area is there any plan to counter this ?
-Is it possible to reintroduce legacy instances from 3.0 like AM/EF with updated boss and rewards ? so everybody can have fun ?

I know it's a lot of asking but thank you for your concern and I hope you will implement them :)

3 hours ago, Jaimie-KT said:

I just ran 5 of these and the boss didn't bug at all.  At what point in the fight did he reset?

It's purely random but I've had it happen yesterday. Not sure what factor plays in this, but when he approached the NPC while the Frozen Pillar was up, he just randomly reset and disappeared.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:03 PM, Cyan said:

Greetings Daevas, 

Here's a list of changes occurring during the November 14 maintenance. For detailed maintenance information please go here.

Instances

1. Transformation Contracts now have a chance to drop from the bosses in the following instances:
    1. Infernal Drakenspire Depths
    2. Primeth’s Forge
    3. Mirash Sanctum
    4. Cradle of Eternity
    5. Bastion of Souls
    6. Frozen Monolith
  2. Fixed an issue where several instances were incorrectly modified by the Prestige Pass. In all cases, the higher value is now applied to both Prestige and non-Prestige players.
  3. Fixed an issue where the Flesh Lump in Contaminated Underpath could not be looted by players higher than level 75.
  4. Fixed an exploit with the boss fight in Primeth’s Forge.

Quests

1. Prestige Quests are now available from Shugorobo, who now spawns with the other Prestige NPCs.
  2. Fixed a typo in the quest Beritra Battle.
  3. Fixed various text issues in some Enshar regional quests.
  4. Fixed an issue where the wrong race was mentioned in the Gelkmaros campaign quest Moving Forward.

Character

1. Fixed an issue where Magic Resist and Magic Defense were referred to by incorrect terms in character and item stats.
    1. Magic Defense reduces the amount of damage from magical sources.
    2. Magic Resist provides a random chance to resist magic spells entirely.

UI

1. The "Show only today's sieges" checkbox of Kutana's Teleport Station has been removed, and all teleport options will now be displayed by default.
  2. Fixed an issue where the rewards listed on the Luna instance UI were incorrect.
  3. Fixed an issue with cut-off text in the mailbox.
  4. Fixed an issue where some advanced graphics engine options were cropped.
  5. Fixed an issue where the UI for unlocking Manastone slots did not display the amount required.

Item

1. Fixed an issue where some [Event] Tempering Solution and [Event] Omega Enchantment Stone items could not be exchanged at the merchant in Pandaemonium and Sanctum.
  2. All instances of Feather equipment have been updated to Plumes.
  3. Updated the descriptions for Plastic Surgery and Gender Switch tickets on how they can be used.
  4. Fixed an issue where some Transformation Potions had outdated names or with Transformation Potions.
  5. Greatly increased the amount of Kinah provided by the Kinah Bundle available from Luna crafting. It now gives between 5 million and 100 million kinah.
  6. A bundle containing 1000 Shards is now purchasable on the Gold Sand Traders twice per week, for 3,800,000 kinah.
  7. The Transformation Scroll Bundle available from the Gold Sand Traders has had its contents replaced with 10 Transparent Transformation Scrolls. The price (3 Gold Ingots) and purchase restrictions (1/week) are unchanged.

Skills

1. Mass Immortal Shroud's tooltip has been updated to reflect its correct functionality when used on a party member.
  2. Added a missing % sign in the Pledge of Earth skill.
  3. Fixed an issue where the Aethertech’s Trauma Plate Trigger would not apply the PvP damage reduction effect.

Siege

1. Fixed an issue where the Marchutan and Kaisinel’s Protection buffs did not correctly apply their stats to players.
  2. Reduced the amount of GP required to maintain rank to 800.
  3. Increased the amount of GP acquired from sieges in the following situations:
    1. Victory at Divine Fortress
    2. Victory at Lakrum Fortress (attackers only, defender GP is unchanged)
    3. Defeat at any siege

Localization

1. Fixed an issue where Veille and Mastarius transformations had incorrect terms.
  2. Fixed an issue where Tejhi were referred to by an incorrect term.
  3. Fixed an issue where Bollvig was renamed to Rasberg.
  4. Fixed an issue where Dragon Lord would appear as Balaur Lord.

Misc

1. Fixed an issue where Dye Plants in the housing areas were not providing items to characters higher than level 70.
  2. Fixed the Ancient Crown exchange NPC summoned via summoning stones.
  3. Loading and ending screens have been updated.

Instances

Even though the transformation contracts do drop indeed the name/appearance/link is bugged - doesn't show any name is easily confused with lockbox and cannot be linked/re-linked.
Never encountered the remaining "glitches" so not sure if those where fixed in 1st place.

Quests
1. Prestige quests, well thanks for them but can you for a change add quests that can be actually completed? For example Prestigious Dragon Lord cannot be completed since it asks to kill Dragon Lord Beritra which doesn't exist in the instance instead we have Beritra or due to some other unknown reason the credit for quest doesn't count (did the instance twice after obtaining quest, stayed alive and did alot of damage still no credit)
2/3/4 not sure about these since I didn't notice them in 1st place.

UI
Luna Rewards are still incorrect, yes we got the previous version rewards listed before this update, now we have even older rewards than those listed.

Item
Both Shard bundle and Transparent Transformation Scroll bundles have no names on the Gold Sand Shop and it's inconvenient to have to go to forum or ask on LFG about what those 2 bundles contain.

@Cyan Please fix these, yes GP fix was needed and you're working on but what about these issues? any update would be nice on as to when we might get fix for these problems or problems listed before regards 6.2 patch...

4 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

It's purely random but I've had it happen yesterday. Not sure what factor plays in this, but when he approached the NPC while the Frozen Pillar was up, he just randomly reset and disappeared.

He bugs if someone dies and releases.  he targets the person who released with a mechanic and resets because of it.  

12 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Really? and why do they want that rank? because what you are referring to to as "not hard work" is people doing what they are supposed to do with their transforms, and doing it consistently, and with dedication in order to maintain that rank. They shouldn't have to spend their life in Aion to maintain rank, and staying even in the top 100, let alone the top 30, took a lot of dedication.

Most of the people who complain about "never being allowed to compete" never invested anywhere near the time that the high ranks did. In addition, a lot of them took breaks from the game. Well,  some decisions have consequences- this means you don't get to climb this particular ladder. You still get to do anything else in the game but transform ranks require consistent dedication to the game.

And you point about anyone showing up to strip people of their rank? It's not new to 6.2. That's an old problem due to the rate of GP decay- the're been many, many, many discussion about it prior to 6.2 and it's affected many people with rank. NC hasn't done a thing about it- even if they can't do a thing themselves- they've never mentioned bring it up with KR (that I'mm aware of). This would help having inactive ranks decay faster.

Rapier, For the last 7 months I have been to almost EVERY siege possible, and i mean every siege. Some of the complaints come from people that do invest and have invested a lot, and i repeat, a lot into ranks. Up until 6.2 i was able to move on the ranks little by little from 2 star to 4 star (153 rank at the end of 5.8) It was not over night but it was doable. Now it is not. Not unless other loose their rank for lack of activity, which is not motivating. Yes i could never bee a let's say General, but 5 star, was a thing you could keep alive as a dream. 

And idk how it is on DN, but on KT you know how many of the 5stars and above are/were actually sieging? trust me not all high ranks offices were active, most of them GP feed them self with the AP-GP exchange, Glory feed etc. and then just afk in GP instances, to get the minimum amount required to keep the rank. 
I'm going to stop here. I have explained this more extensively in this thread: 

Edited:

Just to be clear, i don't people to loose rank just like that, i want the possibility to over pass them if i'm more active and more dedicated then them. a realistic  way.

On 11/14/2018 at 0:50 PM, Cyan said:

This is encouraging news (especially the mention of mounts). @Cyan I have three questions for you if you could please answer them at your earliest convenience?

1.  Is the team still working towards finding a solution to the greyed-out eye situation on some of our characters?
  2. Can you comment on the current appearance of hairstyles in the character maker? (hair color is bleeding into faces, there is smudging on foreheads etc.) This is a graphics issue and we would like to know if we can expect a correction/improvement in the future because we did not have this problem before the 6.2. update.
  3. Any plans to add more Construction related items to housing NPCs? You showed some enthusiasm towards my suggestion back in October (Awakened Legacy Arrives October 24). Just wanted to know if this is being discussed among the team.

Hope to hear from you!

I find it interesting that people are upset about not being able to kick a 5-star (or above) out of their current spot.  I think we need to make something clear here - if there were more opportunities to get GP (ID, ADredge, EC, Arenas) you would still have the same impossible task.  Those people who hold rank?  They would be/are already doing ID, ADredge, EC, and Arenas.  They would be gaining the same amount of GP and potentially more every week.  If people want to keep their rank, they're going to keep their rank - unless they live somewhere (time zone) or have a work schedule that prohibits them from attending siege.  

On 11/13/2018 at 6:03 PM, Cyan said:

Character

1. Fixed an issue where Magic Resist and Magic Defense were referred to by incorrect terms in character and item stats.
    1. Magic Defense reduces the amount of damage from magical sources.
    2. Magic Resist provides a random chance to resist magic spells entirely.

Did this have to do with vindicator/inquisitor items?  I initially purchased all inquisitor items but looking at the new stats, I think I would have purchased vindicator armor, hat, and plume/bracelet with inquisitor accessories, weapon, and wings.  Is there any way to get an exchange while keeping enchantments?

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:59 AM, Lucimon-DN said:

@Cyan Sorry to take up your time but if you could spare a moment.   There's an issue where damage isn't being calculated into a couple of chanters abilities regardless of equipment or stat boosts.  (also old school godstones not that they matter anymore but incase there is a link some where)

Ok Currently Pledge of Earth & Blessing of wind deal static damage factored by 2 of their current listed damage.  For example if one of those ability is stated to perform 650 damage the actual output in damage will be 1300 (assuming that no damage mitigation is in effect.)  If I was to switch out various gear the damage remains static there is no change in the amount output. Removing weapon to barehand, mixing a variety of gear, or even to Lv 1-80 of any equipment has no effect on the ability strength. 

- this applies to all godstones now as of 6.2 update - dmg is no longer affected by stats physical godstone automatically deals dmg factored by 2 and  the same magic godstones .

My Question is if you or anyone else is currently aware of this and would there be an actual fix to the damage calculations?  As it stands Chanters are dealing more dmg then they should be dealing with regards to factoring dmg by 2 on pledge and earth based on current available stats and equipment. 

Your response with regards to the this matter would be greatly appreciated.   Tickets have been submitted to support however most gms simply respond "take note there are always some factors that affects the damage of the skill."  which is a tad ridiculous to say when its its pretty much covered in my above description.

Thank you @Cyan

A minor acknowledgement would create a lot of hope as far anyone simply noticing.... @Cyan

14 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I've seen this happen before, based on my experience, I think it has something to do with the Hideous Cold related debuffs (The one you get when you have the skill and the onje you get when you pass it to someone else), it makes Opel/Shurak ignore your existence (Except for some frozen breath), so, if all the alive members get one of the debuffs at same time, he will reset because he cannot find a valid target.

That has been happening since previous patch, if for some reason your alliances was reduced to 3 alive member and all 3 get HC debuff. 

Well, after 6 and a half years of playing this, I finally uninstalled the game. 

Will the game get better in the future? I don't know.

Will it still exist? I can't say.

Will I come back to even check it? Nope. 

And let me tell you why. I've realized that Aion was like a drug. It's bad for us but we want to find an excuse to continue playing it. I am not telling people to do the same, but I am advising you to. I consumed my energy and wasted many days in this game. There is more out there than this. I expect this post to be deleted, since it doesn't benefit NC :D 

Good luck people and thank you all for being here <3 

42 minutes ago, TheStorm-KT said:

Well, after 6 and a half years of playing this, I finally uninstalled the game. 

Will the game get better in the future? I don't know.

Will it still exist? I can't say.

Will I come back to even check it? Nope. 

And let me tell you why. I've realized that Aion was like a drug. It's bad for us but we want to find an excuse to continue playing it. I am not telling people to do the same, but I am advising you to. I consumed my energy and wasted many days in this game. There is more out there than this. I expect this post to be deleted, since it doesn't benefit NC :D 

Good luck people and thank you all for being here <3 

Knowing this isn’t Gameforge I think you’ll be just fine.

Anything can be a drug, and if you’ve misuse it then it obviously becomes unhealthy for you. 

The old titles of casting speed, attack speed / speed as protector of atreia, easy mark are no longer available, what you find today are titles of 7 days 15 days that do not give casting speed, attack speed / speed,
What leaves some disadvantages, new characters and accounts are at the disadvantage of speed and attack speed and casting speed, even getting the best of the transformations and the best equipment to give these attributes you are still at a disadvantage not having 3 or 4% of attack casting speed the more that old players have.

anything about this? or will you stay for it? I think this is not attracting new players.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived