Forums

Aion: Awakened Legacy - November 14 Patch Notes

Cyan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Guhvorn-KT said:

So.....Gear fix. And is there any way to change from Inquis to Vind? or? Seems like its wasted now

i doubt that. Either you stick with it, or start from scratch. good news however is that Ultimate gives random stats anyway so... not a total wast. But you will have to endure it for some time :D 

40 minutes ago, Shaperz-DN said:

the tog refuse to eat the meat, and most of steps after 12 is not doable due to the gigantic physical/magical def from mobs.

Tog eats the meat if you don't attack it. Like. at all. No auto-attack, no skills.

Yeah, I've found in ancient gear Magic Resist from Togs onward to be difficult. But, that may be the point. It only costs max 90 coins for the highest item at the vendor. So maybe it's you're supposed to get about one thing a run.

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

1. The Transformation Scroll Bundle available from the Gold Sand Traders has had its contents replaced with 10 Transparent Transformation Scrolls. The price (3 Gold Ingots) and purchase restrictions (1/week) are unchanged.

so bad. look ur character when u are playing dosnt supose to be a luxury. transformation scrolls is something u must use in game. 10 per week is not reasonable. from the beginning should had the same price than normal scrolls, and same possibility for purcharse it. or at least an option to hide the transformation. we feel forced to purcharce those expensive and reduced items when it never should be like this. 

3 hours ago, Cyan said:

I never said there was going to be a new event, I said there was going to be a "better version" of the monthly preview coming soon.

Also the Kinah amount for the Shards will be discussed. You've made it very clear already the price is too high, and we will work to get it in line with other regions. I'll just give a friendly reminder here that posting on the forums should be constructive and civil so please keep this in mind when reply because I have already removed a few comments from this thread.

Thank you!

as it's clear enough shards are too expensive, are there any chances to get them a bit cheaper tomorrow than this patchs notes? 

More transformations but, only 10 uses of them per week???? Why even bother? Transparent scrolls need to be unlimited, same as regular scrolls, or limit ALL transformation scrolls to 10 per player per week to be fair. There are many of us who will not, cannot stand using them unless they are transparent. Why should we be limited when the cartoon fans aren't? I still think the default should be seeing the character we created and, we should pay to be a panda or dog or whatever, like we did if we bought candy before. Need to trade places with transparent scrolls and visible scrolls, limit the visible ones, make the transparent ones a fair price for the stat boosts. Why are we paying extra and, limited if all we want is to see our default characters without being gimped because we can't see the default and get stat boosts both?

Luna Kinah box, good change, we need that. Other fixes good but, more transformations and limiting use of them for those that cannot tolerate looking like a cartoon, bad, very bad.

Shard, way to expensive - I'll farm them and save my hard come by kinah, plus have the junk items to sell for kinah from farming, assuming I can play at times I don't get ganked 20 times trying to leave the city in Protector's gear or farm off the grankers inside the wall.

Dear Cyan,

Should also look into these areas as well:

1.  Quickbar selection of skills resets back to level 1 when you reach Level 6

2.  I always remembered when doing quest for Ascension, the cutscene for Asmodian shows Ataxiar not another name called something Nassars or something

3. Cut Scene for Beritra fight - yes Lady Aimah and then some other guy seem to have changed names

@Cyan In regards do GP distribution, I would like to bring something very important to your attention: the GP system in 6.2 (pre and post Nov. 14 patch) is the first time in Aion's history where the ranks are FROZEN. What I mean by this is previously it was possible for a player to grind and really try to achieve a higher rank but as of the 6.2 patch, nobody can rank up unless
A: The person above them does not siege, or
B: They just happened to have a really close amount of GP at the end of 5.8

For example, I currently have 430,535 GP and the person above me has 456,661 GP. This is a fairly average GP gap between ranks. The ONLY way I could over take that player is if he quit the game or stopped coming to siege. If he stopped coming to siege I would need 26,126GP just to move up the 1 rank. In 5.8, that is attainable in a week and a half. In 6.2, I would have to lose (as DN-E currently are) 218 sieges with prestige all while the person above me does not get a single Glory Point. This would take 54.4 weeks.

54.4 weeks 
to move up a single rank and that is only if the player above me does not go to a single siege. Not only this, but at any point someone who quit earlier could return to the game, regain their rank, and push the entire leader board down; this is not new to 6.2 but the fact that we cannot earn the GP to compete with that player is.

As I understand it, other regions of the game have seasonal rankings that reset and for that kind of system, the new GP distribution works. However for the NA Rank system, this new choke hold on GP only ensures that the entire ranking system, as well as all the fun benefits that come with ranking up, is locked off and inaccessible to all but a few lucky players whose GP happens to be within 2 digits of their next rank (though even then, the person above that rank is likely multiple thousands of GP ahead).

There are many people who are very upset by this, and if you're reading this Cyan please at the very least let us know that we are being heard. The people want to know if there is a chance NC might fix this or if it is completely hopeless for us all. 

5 hours ago, Cyan said:

The Transformation Scroll Bundle available from the Gold Sand Traders has had its contents replaced with 10 Transparent Transformation Scrolls. The price (3 Gold Ingots) and purchase restrictions (1/week) are unchanged.

I'd like to not be punished for wanting to look at my character outside of a stupid ****ing transform. Put these on the Gold Sand Trader for Kinah and nothing else. 

4 hours ago, Cyan said:

Greetings Daevas, 

Here's a list of changes occurring during the November 14 maintenance. For detailed maintenance information please go here.

Instances

1. Transformation Contracts now have a chance to drop from the bosses in the following instances:
    1. Infernal Drakenspire Depths
    2. Primeth’s Forge
    3. Mirash Sanctum
    4. Cradle of Eternity
    5. Bastion of Souls
    6. Frozen Monolith
  2. Fixed an issue where several instances were incorrectly modified by the Prestige Pass. In all cases, the higher value is now applied to both Prestige and non-Prestige players.
  3. Fixed an issue where the Flesh Lump in Contaminated Underpath could not be looted by players higher than level 75.
  4. Fixed an exploit with the boss fight in Primeth’s Forge.

Quests

1. Prestige Quests are now available from Shugorobo, who now spawns with the other Prestige NPCs.
  2. Fixed a typo in the quest Beritra Battle.
  3. Fixed various text issues in some Enshar regional quests.
  4. Fixed an issue where the wrong race was mentioned in the Gelkmaros campaign quest Moving Forward.

Character

1. Fixed an issue where Magic Resist and Magic Defense were referred to by incorrect terms in character and item stats.
    1. Magic Defense reduces the amount of damage from magical sources.
    2. Magic Resist provides a random chance to resist magic spells entirely.

UI

1. The "Show only today's sieges" checkbox of Kutana's Teleport Station has been removed, and all teleport options will now be displayed by default.
  2. Fixed an issue where the rewards listed on the Luna instance UI were incorrect.
  3. Fixed an issue with cut-off text in the mailbox.
  4. Fixed an issue where some advanced graphics engine options were cropped.
  5. Fixed an issue where the UI for unlocking Manastone slots did not display the amount required.

Item

1. Fixed an issue where some [Event] Tempering Solution and [Event] Omega Enchantment Stone items could not be exchanged at the merchant in Pandaemonium and Sanctum.
  2. All instances of Feather equipment have been updated to Plumes.
  3. Updated the descriptions for Plastic Surgery and Gender Switch tickets on how they can be used.
  4. Fixed an issue where some Transformation Potions had outdated names or with Transformation Potions.
  5. Greatly increased the amount of Kinah provided by the Kinah Bundle available from Luna crafting. It now gives between 5 million and 100 million kinah.
  6. A bundle containing 1000 Shards is now purchasable on the Gold Sand Traders twice per week, for 3,800,000 kinah.
  7. The Transformation Scroll Bundle available from the Gold Sand Traders has had its contents replaced with 10 Transparent Transformation Scrolls. The price (3 Gold Ingots) and purchase restrictions (1/week) are unchanged.

Skills

1. Mass Immortal Shroud's tooltip has been updated to reflect its correct functionality when used on a party member.
  2. Added a missing % sign in the Pledge of Earth skill.
  3. Fixed an issue where the Aethertech’s Trauma Plate Trigger would not apply the PvP damage reduction effect.

Siege

1. Fixed an issue where the Marchutan and Kaisinel’s Protection buffs did not correctly apply their stats to players.
  2. Reduced the amount of GP required to maintain rank to 800.
  3. Increased the amount of GP acquired from sieges in the following situations:
    1. Victory at Divine Fortress
    2. Victory at Lakrum Fortress (attackers only, defender GP is unchanged)
    3. Defeat at any siege

Localization

1. Fixed an issue where Veille and Mastarius transformations had incorrect terms.
  2. Fixed an issue where Tejhi were referred to by an incorrect term.
  3. Fixed an issue where Bollvig was renamed to Rasberg.
  4. Fixed an issue where Dragon Lord would appear as Balaur Lord.

Misc

1. Fixed an issue where Dye Plants in the housing areas were not providing items to characters higher than level 70.
  2. Fixed the Ancient Crown exchange NPC summoned via summoning stones.
  3. Loading and ending screens have been updated.

Shards and Transformation Scroll bundle changes are BS, for the reasons many others have already pointed out.

Kinah Bundle..Gambling on whether we craft the bundle at all, and gambling on how much kinah we actually get. Nice. Also, 5 mil to 100 mil really? That's a huge range.

Transformation Contracts = still a case of 1 step backward but not quite 1 step forward. What should have happened is everyone should have started this patch with an ancient contract of their choice (i.e. chosen to best complement their class).

Transformation Scrolls = still waiting for NCSoft to lower the price. 27,600 per scroll is too much.

No mention of any kinah/economy changes (hint to NCSoft: we need more kinah sources and/or more kinah from existing sources).

No mention of more ways to acquire more legendary enchantment stones or any other solution for the issues of low enchanting rates and large gear disparity.

We should be able to trade kinah among toons on the same account. Also, make the max sale limit not scaled by level.

About GP rankings, it should have been reset in 6.2. I also liked the suggestion of making GP rankings seasonal.

Frequent sendlogs are still an issue for some players.

Make pvp instances more available.

25 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

@Cyan In regards do GP distribution, I would like to bring something very important to your attention: the GP system in 6.2 (pre and post Nov. 14 patch) is the first time in Aion's history where the ranks are FROZEN. What I mean by this is previously it was possible for a player to grind and really try to achieve a higher rank but as of the 6.2 patch, nobody can rank up unless

For example, I currently have 430,535 GP and the person above me has 456,661 GP. This is a fairly average GP gap between ranks. The ONLY way I could over take that player is if he quit the game or stopped coming to siege. If he stopped coming to siege I would need 26,126GP just to move up the 1 rank. In 5.8, that is attainable in a week and a half. In 6.2, I would have to lose (as DN-E currently are) 218 sieges with prestige all while the person above me does not get a single Glory Point. This would take 54.4 weeks.

54.4 weeks 
to move up a single rank and that is only if the player above me does not go to a single siege. Not only this, but at any point someone who quit earlier could return to the game, regain their rank, and push the entire leader board down; this is not new to 6.2 but the fact that we cannot earn the GP to compete with that player is.

As I understand it, other regions of the game have seasonal rankings that reset and for that kind of system, the new GP distribution works. However for the NA Rank system, this new choke hold on GP only ensures that the entire ranking system, as well as all the fun benefits that come with ranking up, is locked off and inaccessible to all but a few lucky players whose GP happens to be within 2 digits of their next rank (though even then, the person above that rank is likely multiple thousands of GP ahead).

There are many people who are very upset by this, and if you're reading this Cyan please at the very least let us know that we are being heard. The people want to know if there is a chance NC might fix this or if it is completely hopeless for us all. 

While I agree with you on the impossibility of you or any other for that matter to move up in ranking. However, the statement that if the player above you stops siegeing it will take you 54 weeks is useless. If someone stops accumulating the minimum amount per month, they will lose the rank.Therefore you will move up in rank in maximum 1 month. However since you won't surpass him/her in gp amount (because it is impossible to actually accumulate that GP), if the player decides to come back, he will be again above you.
Yes this is a MAJOR issue.

An even bigger issue happened today in the worst siege ever on KT, where asmos had 43 Xforms IN TOTAL, some of them barely met the GP conditions to be a ranked officer.  This is coming from an Elyos. @Cyan I hope you bring this up to whoever made and makes decision regarding this. I know the conditions for maintaining GP will change starting from tomorrow, but maybe the siegeing system can be also balanced a bit to give them a fighting chance, not only some extra GP. This patch is for the first time I feel sorry for Amos side, and for the first time when I feel their lack of motivation. We are not even talking about server imbalance anymore, it's beyond that.

Edit:

Btw, as far as i understood the seasonal GP system doesn't affect the overall ranking system. Don't have too many details, but it more like a rewarding system for Season GP accumulated. (might be wrong, this is what i understood. Maybe someone who knows for sure, can share some light.)

46 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

54.4 weeks 

Which regions have seasonal rankings that reset? EU for example does not. The new 6.5 GP season in KR does not affect transform ranks, it's a separate system where anyone, including the newest player, can get the top spot (in theory).

The current ranks aren't frozen, but yes, you won't get someone's spot  if they work just as hard as you to keep their spot. Otherwise you will get theirs. If there is a large gap I agree with you, it could take a while, but  let's say you want to make up 10k points- if you made 100 GP a siege x4 per week= 400 a week, or 1600 a month- that's a few months. So what? I'm not upset. In reality, some players will quit and some players won't siege enough or at all. You could get a spot even faster. 

That was the case even before, it could take months to move up a spot particularity in the top 30, and even then at any time someone would troll the rankings by quitting then coming back just to take a spot.,

As others have said, the economy need a fix, at least enable kinah in account warehouses, that or give us ways to earn about 10x what we can now in game. Say, even being very careful and not spending any extra at all, running everywhere, no flights, no teleports except to get to the next map, no transformation scrolls, nothing you hit level 80 with 10 million. That's NOTHING, 1.5k average for a PvE soul heal. 1.6K to teleport to seige. 27.6K PER TRANSFORMATION and, use 6 per hour. 10 mil is nothing, gone in an hour or two. More kinah, more tradable, private store back to avoid broker fees or, caps on the price of things on the broker and, cheaper teleports, flights and, all kinah purchased NPC or shop items.

right now, GP isn't even worth messing with, not going to rank up, not getting an benefit for it. Only help is if your doing it for legion ranking, individual ranking is stagnate and, looks to be staying that way. If it takes me more than a month to rank up, and at higher ranks a year or more - forget it, no sense of progress, no payoff for my efforts. Now if gp traded for Kina say 10K per GP, then sure worth doing but, as is, it's worthless except to a legion as a whole where, if you have enough level 80 members and everyone does seige every time, your legion will rank up.

Those shards can stay where they are, with some of the bosses taking thousands of them, not like the old power shards where if you had 10K, you could basically run them forever and not worry about it, now, they are used so fast, you don't dare use them open world and, even in instances, you need 100K at a time to be sure you have enough for a few hours play time.

Things are improving, faster on EK simply because no old kinah there and, that helps a lot but, on DN ans KT, it's a kinah disaster unless you're one of the few that had BILLIONS in 5.8 and, are now content with 20-30 million left after buying what you need. Then you can broker the big ticket items and, maintain around 20 mil but, that's it. On EK you can't afford to broker or buy anything and, so far, that's where the majority is (save for a few I suspect of buying kinah.)

9 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

As others have said, the economy need a fix, at least enable kinah in account warehouses, that or give us ways to earn about 10x what we can now in game. Say, even being very careful and not spending any extra at all, running everywhere, no flights, no teleports except to get to the next map, no transformation scrolls, nothing you hit level 80 with 10 million. That's NOTHING, 1.5k average for a PvE soul heal. 1.6K to teleport to seige. 27.6K PER TRANSFORMATION and, use 6 per hour. 10 mil is nothing, gone in an hour or two. More kinah, more tradable, private store back to avoid broker fees or, caps on the price of things on the broker and, cheaper teleports, flights and, all kinah purchased NPC or shop items.

right now, GP isn't even worth messing with, not going to rank up, not getting an benefit for it. Only help is if your doing it for legion ranking, individual ranking is stagnate and, looks to be staying that way. If it takes me more than a month to rank up, and at higher ranks a year or more - forget it, no sense of progress, no payoff for my efforts. Now if gp traded for Kina say 10K per GP, then sure worth doing but, as is, it's worthless except to a legion as a whole where, if you have enough level 80 members and everyone does seige every time, your legion will rank up.

Those shards can stay where they are, with some of the bosses taking thousands of them, not like the old power shards where if you had 10K, you could basically run them forever and not worry about it, now, they are used so fast, you don't dare use them open world and, even in instances, you need 100K at a time to be sure you have enough for a few hours play time.

Things are improving, faster on EK simply because no old kinah there and, that helps a lot but, on DN ans KT, it's a kinah disaster unless you're one of the few that had BILLIONS in 5.8 and, are now content with 20-30 million left after buying what you need. Then you can broker the big ticket items and, maintain around 20 mil but, that's it. On EK you can't afford to broker or buy anything and, so far, that's where the majority is (save for a few I suspect of buying kinah.)

I'm gonna say here as well, Sell your 18mil worth of crafting mats on broker and pay those fees. Then you won't be broke anymore. you can't complain that you are broke, when in reality you could easily have money if you would sell your stuff on broker. Instead you complain because you don't want to pay some broker fee for god know what reason.

@Rapier-DN I'm not referring to the top 30 people particularly, I am referring to all the ranked players. What upsets people is that it takes a few months to do 3 days' worth of GP from the previous patch, What upsets people is that they can NEVER compete now. What upsets people is that the people above them do not need work "hard" to keep their rank, they just have to show up. Having only 1 GP output with a fixed rate means anyone who shows up will not lose their rank nor be overtaken. There is absolutely no way for a 4-Star to get the GP they need to be a 5-Star anymore unless players drop off the board, but as @Mirelium-KT mentioned: they can at any point strip you of your rank simply by showing up to a few sieges and getting theirs back

6 hours ago, Cyan said:

I never said there was going to be a new event, I said there was going to be a "better version" of the monthly preview coming soon.

Also the Kinah amount for the Shards will be discussed. You've made it very clear already the price is too high, and we will work to get it in line with other regions. I'll just give a friendly reminder here that posting on the forums should be constructive and civil so please keep this in mind when reply because I have already removed a few comments from this thread.

Thank you!

Thanks again for the hard work cyan. Hoping that the kinah amount for the shards can be ironed out right before maintenance and maybe launched with this minor patch. But I guess i'm being too hopeful. Thank god there is no event, hoping that the resources of the NA aion team can be directed towards the various issues stated out by the players, most important of which is the kinah gain issue since kinah gain is currently now < kinah sink. Hopefully we'll get minor patches every other week to make the quality of life better.

1 hour ago, Mirelium-KT said:

I'm gonna say here as well, Sell your 18mil worth of crafting mats on broker and pay those fees. Then you won't be broke anymore. you can't complain that you are broke, when in reality you could easily have money if you would sell your stuff on broker. Instead you complain because you don't want to pay some broker fee for god know what reason.

maybe you're happy if you invest 18 million and loose 3 million, that's a bad investment, one I won't do. Now invest 18 million and pay my broker 180 thousand to do it right, that I can do, but I won't pay that broker 3 million for that. Same as I won't buy anything at a store that's more expensive than I think it should be. Buy it they keep selling it for the high price, stop buying it, they lower the price.

9 hours ago, Cyan said:

Skills

1. Mass Immortal Shroud's tooltip has been updated to reflect its correct functionality when used on a party member.
  2. Added a missing % sign in the Pledge of Earth skill.
  3. Fixed an issue where the Aethertech’s Trauma Plate Trigger would not apply the PvP damage reduction effect.

@Cyan Sorry to take up your time but if you could spare a moment.   There's an issue where damage isn't being calculated into a couple of chanters abilities regardless of equipment or stat boosts.  (also old school godstones not that they matter anymore but incase there is a link some where)

Ok Currently Pledge of Earth & Blessing of wind deal static damage factored by 2 of their current listed damage.  For example if one of those ability is stated to perform 650 damage the actual output in damage will be 1300 (assuming that no damage mitigation is in effect.)  If I was to switch out various gear the damage remains static there is no change in the amount output. Removing weapon to barehand, mixing a variety of gear, or even to Lv 1-80 of any equipment has no effect on the ability strength. 

- this applies to all godstones now as of 6.2 update - dmg is no longer affected by stats physical godstone automatically deals dmg factored by 2 and  the same magic godstones .

My Question is if you or anyone else is currently aware of this and would there be an actual fix to the damage calculations?  As it stands Chanters are dealing more dmg then they should be dealing with regards to factoring dmg by 2 on pledge and earth based on current available stats and equipment. 

Your response with regards to the this matter would be greatly appreciated.   Tickets have been submitted to support however most gms simply respond "take note there are always some factors that affects the damage of the skill."  which is a tad ridiculous to say when its its pretty much covered in my above description.

Thank you @Cyan

For one I gotta appreciate the contract drop in instances, but it would've been better if they were 100% and not based on roll dice, that way everyone would get a chance (like new or returning players).

I still don't understand why the Shards are so taboo, why would I spend 4m kinah on 1k pieces when I can farm that in less than 30 minutes?

Also, we would've been a very unique region if instead of Transformation Scrolls we would only be having the transparent ones. People value their character appearance more than NCWest can imagine.

@Cyan I'm glad that the Tempering are going to be fixed , I had 2 wandering around !

But - I think that you should solve something else : I try to sell my supplements and its not sellable , not even for 1kinah and thats sad because it should be sellable for 1 kinah.

Secondly , my chanter is stuck on cygnea quests - I cant finish the kill tiamat quest and nothing else appears to me , so if this keeps up my char will stay at 62 till the end of time... are you going to fix the appearance of quests for those who couldn't finish some but have the level to do others ?

Thank you for your work !

Archived