Aion: Awakened Legacy - November 14 Patch Notes

Cyan

So we are going to have another source of kinah. I think that could be really helpfull. We have some kinah now, but we will need it in few months. So it is something. Not a lot, but something. 

About the shards, maybe too expensive. Yet I think are really easy to get ingame. Not sure why everybody is suffering to much about this. 

With the GP thing, I guess 800 each month is better. Not so hard to get that and some people will be able to get a rank. I was sourprised about how few ways to get GP are now. Actually we can get them only in sieges. But then I realized that all the rank thing was to get Xforms. And they are supposed to be used in sieges. So now the Xforms will be for the players doing sieges, so is not a bad idea. 

About some of the complains, I can understand them. I know it is frustrating. But actually the issue, IMO, is not how those things are in 6.2. The real issue was how they were in 4.X and 5.X. 

Back in Aion 3.X a lot of those things were supposed to be hard to get. Enchanment stones weren´t supposed to be easy. Not everybody had a complete gear fully enchanted. We had some stones and we needed to decide were to use them. And actually the stats provided by them were few and small too. Food, candies, scrolls and a lot of temporal improvements weren´t supposed to be there 24/7 . We keeped them for especial ocasions. They were expensive and most of them came from crafting, so we needed crafters and farming. In the old days a lot of us used many hours each week just grinding in open world to get some mats and goodies. In 4.X a lot of those items became so easy to get. Crafting and grinding lost value. And between then and 5.X enchanment and gear became so easy to get. People got gear just in events. Enchanment stones were so common and the players started enchanting every single piece of crap they got :P . It is not supposed to be like that. 

Please do not take some elements from Aion 4.X (second half) and 5.X as reference. Those almost killed the game. I know that everything was so easy them (gear, enchanments, scrolls, etc) but that was part of the failure. Not only P2W things. Aion 6.2 is still so small and incomplete, but at least we are recovering some elements from the old and succesfull patches. We still need a lot of things, balance, corrections. But IMO, how hard to get the enchanment stones are, or how we have to save shards, scrolls and food for especial ocasions, is not an Issue. We had that before, we liked, we were thousands. 

So, try to get the idea that we need to use some items more wisely. Do not enchant every item that you get and save the stones for real gear, do not use shards all the time, keep them for important pvp or hard bosses. Same with transformation scrolls (You do not need them in every single CoE or to walk faster in the city). I know it is hard to get the habit but was like that on 3.7 and worked. 

PS: I can not understand how a lot of the people that was so exited with Aion 6.2 few weeks ago, are now upset. But me...., I was cautious and worried, and I am finding some good things now O.o

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Cyan said:

. . . 

So first of all thank you for the interest put in having those things changed @Cyan.

But I would like to let you know one or two things that I personally think are critical.

- BROKER FEES : Oh MY God. I was expecting a fix for this by so long and I was SO SURE you would have do something about it, but you didn't. Cyan this is SO important. If you want to keep your fees higher than 10% i'm ok with it, I don't mind about how much kinah I need to waste to seel an Item, but the ITEM needs to be SOLD. Put all the fees to be paid at the end, when you already sold the item at least, because like this, I literally waste SO MUCH money, for nothing. The source of money now, it's just nothing. I pay more broker fees, that what I earn from farming or selling. This is CRAZY and must be taken care of, seriously.

- THE EYES COLORS BUG : please, PLEASE, fix this bug, because it's been so much time now that you are aware of it and we keep playing those deformated characters, which we really don't like, do something about it. Please.

source.gif

- POWER SHARDS : I mean, I think that it's not a secret that the price was incredibly high... On different regions you can find that bundle for less than 20k Kinah, how can it be more than 3kk, when the ways to farm Kinah here are so few now? I mean, I could understand it if I could do 400 - 500 kk daily, I could buy 50k shards with no effort. But who the hell would buy those in a situation like we have now?

source.gif

- TRANSPARENT TRANSFORMATION SCROLLS : It's nice to know that we can buy one hour weekly of transparent transformations. But it's not enough Cyan, I do appreciate the effort. But it's not enough. We want to look as our character is supposed to look, and we have not to pay for that. We MUST have a choice. You can do whatever you prefer, creating a permanent Transparent scroll which you can buy for 10 $ (or so), putting them for the same price as Transformation Scrolls in the Gold Sand Traders. I don't know, whatever you want. But please, do something about this, because the WHOLE community is asking you to hear them, it's not just someone. Nobody likes to be a sheep, while pvping. That is sure.

- PVP Stones : You gave a whole purple / orange gear to those who had profit from last 5.x events and you're not giving us ANY CHANCE of upgrading our gear to battle them! PLEASE, this is the main point I would like to let you focus on. WE NEED to have more ways to improve our gear and drop PVP stones. We can't fight with people fully geared, they didn't even have to buy it or to farm it out. They just are GODS on earth, I literally give them 900 with Glacial Shard on my sorc. WE NEED to be aligned with them or to have a possibility to reach their gear status. Otherwise PVP is useless on this server, because it becomes unbalanced between players that had everything ready and those who didn't.

Please, again, do consider some of my suggestions.

Have a good day and thanks for your work!

@Cyan
Permanent mount crafting is coming back to Luna someday? Or it's just a forever-lost feature? I wasn't aware that mounts were not gonna be crafteable after v6 update and didn't make one in v5 just waiting for a good one to come up, so, would like to ask to know if i should just spend my luna materials or if they are at some point coming back.

13 hours ago, tortoise-DN said:

1. 1000 shards for 4m kinah TWICE PER WEEK? ARE YOU ACTUALLY STUPID? You can earn that much in just 2 mins of farming.

I know that shards are easy to farm, but please don't call Cyan stupid. He's just a messenger.

On another topic, I like the GP change. Makes sense now that the game is played by fewer people. I also like the loading and ending screen idea. It feels nice. Skill bugs ? Glad to see they're fixed too. The Luna UI reward list ? Yep...good thing too. I was kinda confused about that too lel.

I also like the Transformation Scroll drop list. All that remains is to have a decent chance of getting Yellows, if not Purple, from time to time.

But now.....what I do have to agree with is the event idea. If we get fewer events, people will have less rewards/sources to enchant, transform, get supplies such as HP pots, food etc. At the end of the day, PVP is the main goal for this game. I heard people calling themselves PVE heroes. Or back in 5.x others saying ,,oh nice +20 pvp gear, but I have Master Harvester +27''.

No.

PVE is only a way to get what you need for your PVP gear. Nothing else. All the drops, all the kinah, the materials, the mobs you kill, the transformations....Everything, is to get the means to upgrade and maintain your PVP. And you don't necessarily need +15 Red PVE to do that. Purple +5 is doing just fine. Which brings me back to my main topic:

I have no problem with PVE Enchantment Stones on BCM. Let them be. People might actually buy them. But to reach our main goal, we need a stable source of PVP Enchantment Stones as well. @Cyan , be it as it may, on BCM or events....please....give us a source of PVP stones too (and higher rates, but it's ok, step by step >.>). Otherwise everyone, old and new players, will run out of stones very, very soon.

13 hours ago, Mirelium-KT said:

LMAO :))) i'm laughing my ass off :)))) All good, they fixed the patch LMAO Here is a tip guys... instead of selling the shards in Kinah shop... why not make it brokerable? or if you insist with kinah shop... do it smart... 1000 shards should not cost almost 4 mil... do you even know how much time it takes you to farm 4 mil? and do you actually know how fast those shards are gone? OMG @Cyan The higher ups at NCwest have brain? I have 150k shards that are just wasting space, because i farm like crazy, while other are desperately looking for some shards... what's the logic?
Transparent scroll is not a BOOST item, so WHY IS IT NOT BROKERABLE? Jesus, do you guys even have marketing experts? or you just hire anyone? Personally i don't use transparent scrolls but... some are very keen on how they look!
We all know this is a business, it's ok we get it! We don't mind, we want you to have jobs and we want us to enjoy the game... so let's work together on this shell we?

Lot's of love

Keep saying that shards are easy to get and that the ones being sold is dumb. NCSoft will hear you and the fix will be nerfing the amount and frequency of shards drops.

Ppl asking for shards to be sold are dumb already. I have stacked more than 250k shards and I use them smart, not to kill some grey name mobs on the map...

You ppl are simply asking for a ninja nerf on shards drops and don't even realize it.

1 minute ago, Lorien-KT said:

Keep saying that shards are easy to get and that the ones being sold is dumb. NCSoft will hear you and the fix will be nerfing the amount and frequency of shards drops.

Ppl asking for shards to be sold are dumb already. I have stacked more than 250k shards and I use them smart, not to kill some grey name mobs on the map...

You ppl are simply asking for a ninja nerf on shards drops and don't even realize it.

Agreed. Shard drop should not be nerfed. It's just the idea of selling them in BCM when that's actually not needed. The Shard drop is one of the good things that NC kept from the KR patch.

Let it be the way it is.

14 hours ago, Cyan said:

I never said there was going to be a new event, I said there was going to be a "better version" of the monthly preview coming soon.

Also the Kinah amount for the Shards will be discussed. You've made it very clear already the price is too high, and we will work to get it in line with other regions. I'll just give a friendly reminder here that posting on the forums should be constructive and civil so please keep this in mind when reply because I have already removed a few comments from this thread.

Thank you!

But you said next week...

Not the way the dude said you said, but you said... lol

@Cyan thank you for addressing the kinah bundle from luna!

BTW since we getting fewer events this patch. maybe we could get  the buffs(ap,xp, loot etc*) more often now ? Also please have more discussions about the broker registration fees, there is no good reason why they should be so high, think about the new players.

If the Shards are that easy to farm, why u guys are complaning about them on Gold Sand shop? Not everyone play 12h a day and can farm 100.000.000k+ of shards. The game isnt made only for that type of players.

About the price of them, just makes no sense. If they're aways complaning about "We cant diverge of other servers too much". Compare 3m kinnah and 15k kinnah from other servers.. thats such a kind of divergence, dont u think?

And we thought you guys were fixing bugs, where is the fix for BOS, the one that fixes the problem with the skill that is supposed to take down the shield but when used it does nothing, or the fact that the bosses randomly resets at random ocasions? where are those fixes? I'm sure you guys got quite a few tickets about these issues, how about a fix with item drops from bos to stay like in KR where you can get on a small chance a ultimate weapon? where are those bug fixes? this patch is not supposed to be grindy, it's supposed to be fast to get your pve stuff. Please Ncsoft NA, fix these problems or we will be back to 5.x with a lot less players, don't just copy strategies from Gameforge, it has been proven to not work over there.

1 hour ago, Lorien-KT said:

When did i say they are easy to get? WHEN? I spend 3-4 hours each day Farming! that's not easy. I said i have extra. That's not the same thing you know? and i didn't say is it's dumb being sold. I said the current price they asked it's dumb... Do you think 1000 shards for 4m kinah it's fair or realistic? 

@Cyan

The Transformation Scroll Bundle available from the Gold Sand Traders has had its contents replaced with 10 Transparent Transformation Scrolls. The price (3 Gold Ingots) and purchase restrictions (1/week) are unchanged.

Seriously? 10 scrolls isn't even an hour of play for most players.

Looking like your default should be default.

Make it 100 at least.

58 minutes ago, Mirelium-KT said:

When did i say they are easy to get? WHEN? I spend 3-4 hours each day Farming! that's not easy. I said i have extra. That's not the same thing you know? and i didn't say is it's dumb being sold. I said the current price they asked it's dumb... Do you think 1000 shards for 4m kinah it's fair or realistic? 

You're right but this is corporate greed at work. You think they'll nerf the price? No they'll nerf the drop amounts to make the price "worth it".

This is most likely what's going to happen.

1 hour ago, Mirelium-KT said:

Dude, I am being generic on my reply. It is not directed to you. But yeah, I find easy getting shards. And I find retarded selling them on gold sands. I say, leave it as it is. But the way ppl are treating this situation, they will get a nerf on shard drop to justify the ones being sold.

• Aion Team

I just wanted to jump in here quickly again and say thanks for the continued feedback. Today's patch isn't all that we've been discussing with the development team. We will be changing the Shards price in the Golden Sand Trader and we're discussing lots more with the development team and here internally. This includes everything from PvP enchantment stone availability, Transparent Transformation Scroll availability, mounts, and more. Due to the US holiday next week there likely won't be much of an update but keep sharing your thoughts. 

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

I just wanted to jump in here quickly again and say thanks for the continued feedback. Today's patch isn't all that we've been discussing with the development team. We will be changing the Shards price in the Golden Sand Trader and we're discussing lots more with the development team and here internally. This includes everything from PvP enchantment stone availability, Transparent Transformation Scroll availability, mounts, and more. Due to the US holiday next week there likely won't be much of an update but keep sharing your thoughts. 

Thank you for listening to our feedback and doing something about it!

32 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Post like this are great. I feel like a lot of GM's in not just this game but a lot of other games don't understand that most players just want communication and updates. Post like the one above a couple of times a week just to update the player base on whats being discussed and worked are great and it goes along way with the community that keeps this game alive. Now this doesn't mean just letting us know that your working on things, you can be specific without being too specific.

Anyways Cyan great post keep it up.

7 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

So we are going to have another source of kinah. I think that could be really helpfull. We have some kinah now, but we will need it in few months. So it is something. Not a lot, but something. 

About the shards, maybe too expensive. Yet I think are really easy to get ingame. Not sure why everybody is suffering to much about this. 

With the GP thing, I guess 800 each month is better. Not so hard to get that and some people will be able to get a rank. I was sourprised about how few ways to get GP are now. Actually we can get them only in sieges. But then I realized that all the rank thing was to get Xforms. And they are supposed to be used in sieges. So now the Xforms will be for the players doing sieges, so is not a bad idea. 

About some of the complains, I can understand them. I know it is frustrating. But actually the issue, IMO, is not how those things are in 6.2. The real issue was how they were in 4.X and 5.X. 

Back in Aion 3.X a lot of those things were supposed to be hard to get. Enchanment stones weren´t supposed to be easy. Not everybody had a complete gear fully enchanted. We had some stones and we needed to decide were to use them. And actually the stats provided by them were few and small too. Food, candies, scrolls and a lot of temporal improvements weren´t supposed to be there 24/7 . We keeped them for especial ocasions. They were expensive and most of them came from crafting, so we needed crafters and farming. In the old days a lot of us used many hours each week just grinding in open world to get some mats and goodies. In 4.X a lot of those items became so easy to get. Crafting and grinding lost value. And between then and 5.X enchanment and gear became so easy to get. People got gear just in events. Enchanment stones were so common and the players started enchanting every single piece of crap they got :P . It is not supposed to be like that. 

Please do not take some elements from Aion 4.X (second half) and 5.X as reference. Those almost killed the game. I know that everything was so easy them (gear, enchanments, scrolls, etc) but that was part of the failure. Not only P2W things. Aion 6.2 is still so small and incomplete, but at least we are recovering some elements from the old and succesfull patches. We still need a lot of things, balance, corrections. But IMO, how hard to get the enchanment stones are, or how we have to save shards, scrolls and food for especial ocasions, is not an Issue. We had that before, we liked, we were thousands. 

So, try to get the idea that we need to use some items more wisely. Do not enchant every item that you get and save the stones for real gear, do not use shards all the time, keep them for important pvp or hard bosses. Same with transformation scrolls (You do not need them in every single CoE or to walk faster in the city). I know it is hard to get the habit but was like that on 3.7 and worked. 

PS: I can not understand how a lot of the people that was so exited with Aion 6.2 few weeks ago, are now upset. But me...., I was cautious and worried, and I am finding some good things now O.o

I cannot agree more with this post, i share every single idea !

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Thank you, @Cyan at least you are considering what a lot of us see as problems with this update. I understand the Holidays, not expecting much to happen until after New Years, like around Valentines Day but, it's good to know NCSoft West is hearing us at least.

Archived