Feedback On 6.2 & Current state of aion

GenericUser13419

so after playing eu and na versions im listing a few things i think needs to be addressed after hearing from players and myself

the main issue of 6.2 is the lack of things to do, a day in the life of a aion player now consists of standing around lakram..........! theres very few instances, 4 quests repeatable 4 times a week for pvp medals, camps which take 20 mins to do and instances have been made so easy and takes all of 2 hours at most to do. only ID DRED left.  this isnt the aion players wanted. there isnt enough content to keep players active, 80% of content has been removed and nothing to compensate. 

the game isnt very engaging anymore and people log out early because there is no point in standing around afking!

Another issue is the entry to the instance to get cubes, i know on eu they doubled the entrys for players to enter so cant understand why that hasnt been done here.

We need more things to keep us busy and chaos rifts were always good fun and included pvp, invasions, jmr, on eu you get hero quests with decent rewards and encourages to pvp, how about introducing instance reset scrolls from mobs, 

i feel aion is going backwards in terms of content instead of getting more were getting less and its always old content reworked and sold as new! 

either do a proper rebirth of aion or admit to the players ncsoft have lost interest in aion as this is the impression i get!

Dude, this game is dead. It just doesn't know yet and players didn't realized that too.
They will focus on their new shit ass AION2 mobile. All we will get will be these stupid ass patches with minor stuff one or two new dungeons, new gear and more stuff to sink your wallet in the cash shop.

If they really wanted, they would be doing great things. I don't like to compare stuff, but look how well WoW still doing these days. A LOT more players playing wow. No P2W stuff. A really decent monthly fee.

Ppl believe this is a F2P game, they're just plain wrong. ppl spend a lot more on Cash Shop than a single month fee game with not stupid p2w stuff on CS where everyone can be rewarded the same. It will just depend on how much you will play, not how much you will open your wallet.

I miss the good old days of Free to Pay to somewhat Win AION... where Abyss Points were still a thing, thousands of players being online, tons of people actually hanging around in pandaemonium and sanctum, were PvP was Awesome and PvE was actually Challenging. I'm not quiet sure which patch it was that I was playing on but it was when they first released the bard and aethertech class... Those were the good old days of AION's prime.... Doing instances was actually a challenge and so more was leveling up. I wish NCsoft and NCwest would bring those days back. I could care less about the Cash Shop let be pay to win... but for those who actually enjoyed the earlier game play bring it back.... Challenge your player base and trust me it would increase... Every Single MMORPG that went P2W died. look at Tera, Blade n' Soul, etc... these titles including AION have more players on private servers than the Originals and that should tell you a lot about how you are running the game.

3 minutes ago, xxLissandrAxx-KT said:

I miss the good old days of Free to Pay to somewhat Win AION... where Abyss Points were still a thing, thousands of players being online, tons of people actually hanging around in pandaemonium and sanctum, were PvP was Awesome and PvE was actually Challenging. I'm not quiet sure which patch it was that I was playing on but it was when they first released the bard and aethertech class... Those were the good old days of AION's prime.... Doing instances was actually a challenge and so more was leveling up. I wish NCsoft and NCwest would bring those days back. I could care less about the Cash Shop let be pay to win... but for those who actually enjoyed the earlier game play bring it back.... Challenge your player base and trust me it would increase... Every Single MMORPG that went P2W died. look at Tera, Blade n' Soul, etc... these titles including AION have more players on private servers than the Originals and that should tell you a lot about how you are running the game.

was around 4.7 same time as i started playing and agree wit you was really good fun then

Just now, Pokeyy-KT said:

was around 4.7 same time as i started playing and agree wit you was really good fun then

I mean it took me a good week to get from 30 to 50 and I miss those Balaur Space Ship Abyss Points Farming thingies.... I think it was Dredgions? or something like that... I still have my level 30 Assassin from back in the day with a complete +15 Abyss Set which is pretty useless now because well... there is no point in making smurfs anymore coz the game is literally dying.... I mean look at the player base? you'd be lucky to see 500 players online at the same time... I am playing on EK right now and all I see are my 2 friends and my wife and 1 or 2 strangers and that's really sad....

40 minutes ago, Pokeyy-KT said:

so after playing eu and na versions im listing a few things i think needs to be addressed after hearing from players and myself

the main issue of 6.2 is the lack of things to do, a day in the life of a aion player now consists of standing around lakram..........! theres very few instances, 4 quests repeatable 4 times a week for pvp medals, camps which take 20 mins to do and instances have been made so easy and takes all of 2 hours at most to do. only ID DRED left.  this isnt the aion players wanted. there isnt enough content to keep players active, 80% of content has been removed and nothing to compensate. 

the game isnt very engaging anymore and people log out early because there is no point in standing around afking!

Another issue is the entry to the instance to get cubes, i know on eu they doubled the entrys for players to enter so cant understand why that hasnt been done here.

We need more things to keep us busy and chaos rifts were always good fun and included pvp, invasions, jmr, on eu you get hero quests with decent rewards and encourages to pvp, how about introducing instance reset scrolls from mobs, 

i feel aion is going backwards in terms of content instead of getting more were getting less and its always old content reworked and sold as new! 

either do a proper rebirth of aion or admit to the players ncsoft have lost interest in aion as this is the impression i get!

Man, 6.2 is designed for casual p[layers. 1-2 hours the day the most. Considering this online rate, you have a lot of stuff to do. 

With 6+ hrs online of course, you will run out of content...

3 minutes ago, Unskilled-KT said:

Man, 6.2 is designed for casual p[layers. 1-2 hours the day the most. Considering this online rate, you have a lot of stuff to do. 

With 6+ hrs online of course, you will run out of content...

I could not agree more with you guys. I am an old player from 4.7 ( I was just informed that that was the patch version from when I started playing) and I miss all the things you could do back then. I mean leveling up was a challenge on it's own...if yo ran out of quests you had to grind mobs, and that's what an MMO should be... You getting rewarded for working your butt off.... now everything is handed to you. The Abyss Alone was heck of a lot of fun...it gave you a sense of accomplishment when you made enough AP to get better gear and then get even more AP because you had the PvP Gear to PK Elyos as an Asmodean and Vice Versa.

I put SO much work into leveling my crafting, grinding for essence tapping and gathering my own mats for crafting my own staves, jewelry and furniture :'''( all of it is gone and it makes me so sad. I just logged in yesterday for the first time in 3 years and I'm so very glad to see the upgrades in server speed and new content, but my GOD! I put SO much time in crafting and now it's just.....gone :(

Lol... See lots of players here saying 4.x was challenging. Rewarding, etc. Man, you guys have no idea. We, who are playing since day 1 or in my case, since betas, this game changed a lot.

Back in the days when 50 was the level cap and Fenris/Miragents was the ultimate bad-ass gear and the 50s archon gears were the best pvp gear the game was challenging. In 4.x they've already put so many care bear stuff that it wasn't the AION the old players really met.

I remember the biggest mistake NCSoft did. It was punishing PvPers back in the old days for doing PvP. When they start to listen to ppl that were crying all around that PvP was too much, bla bla bla. They decided to implement a PvP debuff that was simply stupid. I rember doing a quest back in Beluslan. The highest lvl region and 10+ elys trying to kill me and they just couldn't because of the pvp debuff.

I remember how many great players quit after that decision. Alehaya, Gidyup, Stunrod, and many other great pvpers of that time. My entire legion quit and many others. That was the start of the downfall of AION.

Then they brought us Katalan/Danaria/Idian Depths and that patch kinda brought life into the game and then, some stupid ass dev decides to remove those great areas and implement the stupid rift back. Rift is a dumb concept for this simple reason:

A players asmodians who wants pvp rift into Elyos area. All Elyos who wants PvP rifts into asmodian region. Both side proceed into killing players who don't want or can't pvp yet due to being under geared.

The concept of Katalan/Danaria and now Lakrum is the best as long as you make both side reach this region with a minimum gear for that purpose.

This patch could be a great one, but some stupid decisions such as making near to impossible to get a decent transform contract without going bankrupt or forcing me to see a nyerking polar bear instead of my hot asmodian character... this is what is killing me now.

Now they've decided that it's okay for levels 75-new 80 to get ganked trying to do quests and get to instances to gear up for PvP and, we can go broke or look like toddler cartoons (YUCK!) in the process if we want to live. Then they decided we have to spend every kinah we might get just to broker one item or, teleport to instances so we don't get ganked trying to run there.

The only winners now are the old characters that had billions on them and the ones that can sped 100's in cash on the game each month. Someone like average people spending 20-40/month is a looser now. (that's me - forced to be a looser) We will never have rank with GP, never have Ultimate gear, doing good just to get beyond quest gear, we will lag behind because we can't afford to transform and, can't play looking like a toddler cartoon. Micky Mouse and the Coca Cola bear don't kill people or even bugs. Rabbits don't kill people, skeletons are already dead so, shouldn't be doing anything except lying around, if they move, hack them to bits. but instead all of them are all over Lakrum and, you can't even target them to kill them. (yeah I know other players but, I want to kill them for XP when they look like mobs and, put them in cages when they look like animals, or find the owner if they look like pets.)

1 hour ago, Lorien-KT said:

I remember the biggest mistake NCSoft did. It was punishing PvPers back in the old days for doing PvP. When they start to listen to ppl that were crying all around that PvP was too much, bla bla bla. They decided to implement a PvP debuff that was simply stupid. I rember doing a quest back in Beluslan. The highest lvl region and 10+ elys trying to kill me and they just couldn't because of the pvp debuff.

I remember how many great players quit after that decision. Alehaya, Gidyup, Stunrod, and many other great pvpers of that time. My entire legion quit and many others. That was the start of the downfall of AION.

I am going to have to disagree, somewhat, with your timeline for the fall of Aion.

Their was a reason so many people were crying about PVP being too much.  Back in the day I started on meslam server Asmodian side.  Asmos were outnumbered a lot back in the day and was worse on Meslam.  Elyos had whole leveling maps blocked off, for days.  I remember not being able to leave red mane cavern, being ganked in the "safe zone" in Alsig village in morheim while selling stuff at the general store, having to have an alliance to go to fire temple.  Rangers and assassins could literally stun lock you to death, all you did was just sit back into your chair and wait until you could soul rez. Of course back then it took weeks some month or more to level to 50 if you were not a hard core player.  Asmos never was able to capture forts making the gear disparity worse.  So people either left the game or rerolled Elyos.

Server merges and got thrown into Zikel.  Situation did not change and people in my legion and friends started to leave in droves.  (Thank God we were not Israphel server asmo though it was a cake walk compared to them.)  So the new characters and pvers left and then the pvp nerf and rifting nerf hit and the pvpers got pissed and left.  The company (IMO) was banking on new players and the pvers to come back but they didn't.

So no it wasnt just pvpers leaving and to some extent in wasnt pvers leaving.  It was the new players leaving.

- HUGE disparity between asmos population and elyos population

- pvpers alliances / legions blocking leveling maps for hours and sometimes days discouraging new players to keep playing.

-the complete overreaction of NCSoft to the pvp / rifting "solution" (which failed to bring back/in new players and pissing on pvp players)

-waiting way to long to merge servers or come up with some way to balance population

-waiting to long to bring in much needed balance in "pvp" oriented classes.

Edit:

Forgot about twinks whose only job was to stop people from leveling at any cost and called it PVP.  Killing undergeared newbies in 1 or 2 shots on leveling maps is not pvp.  All NCSoft had to do was forced leveling (by not loosing xp when you die) and the twink problem would have worked itself out.  Thinking about it twinks may have been the best reason for the loss of new players.

This is what happens when you remove end game maps that worked in their respective time:
Katalam, Danaria, Idian Depths, Tiamaranta, Tiamaranta Eye, Upper Abyss, Lower Abyss, Sarpan, Norsvold, Illuma...

...to get one single shared map -> Lakrum!

And it is not like this patch revolves around pvp, because killing an enemy has absolutely no reward, nothing, the AP you get are nothing (you get like 350k AP from one winning EC). You get no GP from killing enemies, no quests for GP for killing enemies. PvP is removed from this game, even in pvp instances you get materials and AP

No aethertapping, no essencetapping, no morphing, no crafting professions, no scroll/potion making, broker is non friendly with these fees.

If they did these changes in hope to revive the game, then the person taking decisions needs to be fired.

21 hours ago, Kailor-DN said:

Now they've decided that it's okay for levels 75-new 80 to get ganked trying to do quests and get to instances to gear up for PvP ..

*snip*

Welcome to Aion! Apparently it's your first day.

"Now"? Lol. It's -always- been that way. Mention "Killing for Castor" to any old timer (which -isn't- someone that started playing in 4.x) and they will full body shudder. Picture a bunch of level 28s in whites and greens trying desperately to kill a bunch of mobs so they can enter Eracus Temple Cavern and being mowed down every two to three minutes by full groups of level 32 twinks. We weren't even speed bumps. They didn't even slow down. Zooooooooooom-smacksmack-lol-zoooooooooooom.  Ah. The good old days!

I love the one shared map. Love it. Love it on my main. Love it on an alt who isn't geared at all and I am usually solo on. I die. That's fine. The map isn't huge so I can get back to where I need to. Love sneaking around and avoiding PvP when I can on that alt. It's a challenge! I get that I am a quest mob for the enemy and I understand that they are a quest mob for me. It's not personal. Death happens. Love joining in and trying to help others when they are being attacked by enemies or using the camps or artifacts to get away or prevail in a fight. It's Danaria and Katalam and the Idian Depths all rolled into one!

I am getting used to the transforms to the point I sell all my transparent ones for kinah and laugh at my character in her kooky transforms. Having male animations is still novel, but meh.. getting used to it. Still don't love them and probably never will.

I really like that the PvP instances are split up by days so I can get those done and siege -and- get some instance runs done without having to stay up to the wee hours. I love at the end of the week just having time to run around trying to get the cubic shugo to spawn and PvPing.

I hate the enchantment rates. It's like the 3.0 days all over again. Fail and fail and fail and fail. Nothing like collecting 50+ stones and thinking, "I will just spam these and will definitely have a +10 when I am done!" and end up with a +4. 

I hate how much it costs to change my stigmas. Makes me feel like I can't say, "I can heal or dps. Just let me know what you need." I feel like I have to say, "I am heals right now. I need to be heals for dredg. So I can't do an instance where you need me to dps until after that is done because I can't waste half a million to switch twice."

I am getting used to the broker fees and think that maybe that will keep people from throwing up items for outrageous amounts of kinah. You just lose too much if that item doesn't sell. So things seem to be priced to sell and far more reasonably. 

I agree that Aion has gone "backwards" in this patch, but I think that was sort of the point. 

42 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I hate how much it costs to change my stigmas. Makes me feel like I can't say, "I can heal or dps. Just let me know what you need." I feel like I have to say, "I am heals right now. I need to be heals for dredg. So I can't do an instance where you need me to dps until after that is done because I can't waste half a million to switch twice."

My chanter is semi-okay about this because, well, it's a chanter and you can usually go hybrid whatever for most things. But 100% agree for my cleric. I've pretty much just stopped playing him solo and am leaving him in full heal spec and only log him when my friends and I can't find a cleric for some pve instance. :/

1 hour ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

I believe some people actually run around the map getting the 5 kill quests done. For more genesis crystals.

I did those too because when you do camps you inevitably do pvp. And once you get those quests you go back to no need to do pvp anymore. PVP should be rewarding for the ranking system predominantly, not just materials for gear upgrade. There was a time that this existed more.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

. Love it on an alt who isn't geared at all and I am usually solo on. I die. That's fine. 

I am getting used to the transforms to the point I sell all my transparent ones for kinah and laugh at my character in her kooky transforms. Having male animations is still novel, but meh.. getting used to it. Still don't love them and probably never will.

I really like that the PvP instances are split up by days so I can get those done and siege -and- get some instance runs done without having to stay up to the wee hours. I love at the end of the week just having time to run around trying to get the cubic shugo to spawn and PvPing.

I hate the enchantment rates. It's like the 3.0 days all over again. Fail and fail and fail and fail. Nothing like collecting 50+ stones and thinking, "I will just spam these and will definitely have a +10 when I am done!" and end up with a +4. 

I am getting used to the broker fees and think that maybe that will keep people from throwing up items for outrageous amounts of kinah. You just lose too much if that item doesn't sell. So things seem to be priced to sell and far more reasonably. 

I agree that Aion has gone "backwards" in this patch, but I think that was sort of the point. 

SNIPPED

Not everyone likes dying or having to creep back for 30 mins.

Good for you, I can't tolerate playing looking like a cartoon furry or a mob that's meant to be killed.

Being able to get to instances and seige is good.

I agree stigma changing is outrageous - better off to run 2 or 4 toons same class to avoid that, just log the one with the right stigmas.

Again, glad you enjoy paying too much for a service and taxes. I don't and won't. I don't pay when it's like that in life and, I'm not doing it in a game. County used to pick up rural rubbish free, two years ago they tried to charge each house 100/year to pick up rubbish. I now take my own rubbish to the dump which is free when I go into town, it's on the way. That would have been nearly 2.00 per rubbish bag to have them pick it up since I ave one bag per week and, the price was the same for houses that generated 5-6 bags per week - not right, not fair, too expensive, not paying. Had they set a certain price like 25 or 50 cents per week per bag, okay that's fine to cover their costs for people, fuel and truck but charging per house blatantly no matter how much or little rubbish you generate in a week - no, punishing those of us that compost and recycle to pay for the lazy buts that don't. I won't pay for them. Just like Aion is doing now, punishing those of us that can't stand to be a cartoon furry or mob.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:10 PM, Aly-DN said:

Welcome to Aion! Apparently it's your first day.

"Now"? Lol. It's -always- been that way. Mention "Killing for Castor" to any old timer (which -isn't- someone that started playing in 4.x) and they will full body shudder. Picture a bunch of level 28s in whites and greens trying desperately to kill a bunch of mobs so they can enter Eracus Temple Cavern and being mowed down every two to three minutes by full groups of level 32 twinks. We weren't even speed bumps. They didn't even slow down. Zooooooooooom-smacksmack-lol-zoooooooooooom.  Ah. The good old days!

I love the one shared map. Love it. Love it on my main. Love it on an alt who isn't geared at all and I am usually solo on. I die. That's fine. The map isn't huge so I can get back to where I need to. Love sneaking around and avoiding PvP when I can on that alt. It's a challenge! I get that I am a quest mob for the enemy and I understand that they are a quest mob for me. It's not personal. Death happens. Love joining in and trying to help others when they are being attacked by enemies or using the camps or artifacts to get away or prevail in a fight. It's Danaria and Katalam and the Idian Depths all rolled into one!

well, they did say something about giving back they Aion we loved :) overall the patch itself it's not bad, just a few minor issues. Lack of pve content that we had in the aion we loved, the number of available enchantment stones in game(considering the 3.0 enchantment rates, but still not bad). and that mainly covers it. other minor details but, again overall the patch is not bad :D 

6.2 has to be the biggest disappointment to date for me. I will soon be following many other and ditching this game after many years of playing.

One map....really? I was so excited for this patch because players were suppose to be on a more level playing field as far as pvp goes, but you still have your hackers. Give your players more maps! Laziest thing ever.

Leveling is a joke starting at level 0, the most boring no content, no fun leveling ever. What happened to the story line?. Just skip it all so you can appease the old timers who may want to level a new toon in a hurry. For someone new it would be the most boring to date.

Crafting...what a joke. taking away all the other crafting and just having aetherforging which doesn't have anything other than gear??? Let us craft our potions,

food and so forth.

Essence tapping, thought that was suppose to stay? Only essence tapping is in housing area?? Was a good stress release for me.

For so long many people ask to bring it back like when we had Danaria, Katalam, Idian Depths, Tiamatra's Eye and other times before that. But Aion just keeps digging itself deeper

in a flipping hole, that it can't crawl out.

Money, made it so we can't make money any more (hardly). The money to be made is aion. You have to buy everything off BCM or The Sandshop. WTFFFF!

Aion, you have gotten so fricken stingy, and just want your player base to keep dumping money it...go back to pay to play and give the players what they fricken want.

Aion is one of the best MMO's I ever played, it is really sad that after all these years you are still letting it die.

Archived