Unscheduled Server Maintenance - November 15, 2018

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be an unscheduled maintenance period tomorrow, Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 10:45 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 45 minutes.

- Changes -

• GP required to maintain rank will be lowered to 800.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Bad attitude, is looking only at the side of those who had no capacity, how will we have an exchange of ranks now?
Whoever got a lot of GP in the previous version will never leave rank, PVE Hero of 5.8 is once again securing its rank...
Only solution is to put GP in pvp instances, EC, ID, Dredge and mainly ARENAS !! OMG WHY ARENA NO GIVE GP ??? 
Greater proof of the professionalism of the person is in the arena and we do not gain absultily NOTHING of interesting...

1 hour ago, MetalPhantomEvil-DN said:

Bad attitude, is looking only at the side of those who had no capacity, how will we have an exchange of ranks now?
Whoever got a lot of GP in the previous version will never leave rank, PVE Hero of 5.8 is once again securing its rank...
Only solution is to put GP in pvp instances, EC, ID, Dredge and mainly ARENAS !! OMG WHY ARENA NO GIVE GP ??? 
Greater proof of the professionalism of the person is in the arena and we do not gain absultily NOTHING of interesting...

I believe that rank is being tied solely to sieges in this patch because transforms (the only thing rank is used for now) were designed to be used solely in sieges. Those that attend sieges will have rank where they can use the transforms. You can't transform in an instance. You can't transform in an arena. Someone who only does those things doesn't need a transform.

We have to try and get away from the mindset that rank=good at PvP. It was never really true before and even less so now. Rank now just means that you are someone that participates in sieges. Not having rank doesn't make you bad. It just means you can't or don't want to siege. It's not a badge of honor. 

Since gear isn't tied to rank, you lose nothing by not having one.

15 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will be an unscheduled maintenance period tomorrow, Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 10:45 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 45 minutes.

- Changes -

• GP required to maintain rank will be lowered to 800.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

i lost already my 3 star officer to soldier rank 1 is not fair

14 minutes ago, Woo-DN said:

not entirely true @Aly-DN without participation in siege you cannot get end-game PvP gear due to unavailability of Ultimate Ridium and other materials, which essentially means you'll get rank until you'll finish your pvp set(s)

Right. Not sure what isn't entirely true. If someone's motivation for doing sieges is the material you get from participating, they are still participating. So they will move up in the ranks. Once they have that top end gear and stop sieging (if materials were their only motivation), they will lose that rank as they won't get 800 GP each month. If they get the 800 GP each month, they are still participating and should get to keep their rank.

Or did you mean "gear isn't tied to rank"? What I meant by that is that you don't need rank to -wear- your gear. There were those that wanted to wear the "best" gear and to do that you need to be a general or above. If they lost their rank, they not only lost their transform (which is fine since they weren't sieging and didn't need it) but they couldn't even wear their own gear. Someone who lose their rank now because they aren't sieging, can still wear all their gear; though you are correct they can't actually purify it unless they siege.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

We have to try and get away from the mindset that rank=good at PvP. It was never really true before and even less so now. Rank now just means that you are someone that participates in sieges. Not having rank doesn't make you bad. It just means you can't or don't want to siege. It's not a badge of honor.

100% accurate. I'm a 4-star, and I'm absolutely terrible at pvp lmao. Pvp for me basically means that I'm laugh-screaming in TS/Discord while I try to stay alive.

@Woo-DN why you murder me outside Primeth last niiiiiigggghhhttttt

(Kidding. I was doing the aforementioned laugh-screaming the whole time. <3)

All of that said, I can see how climbing the ranks can be something of a game goal for many people. They may not care about the transform, but climbing the ranks is a goal for completionist sake.

44 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

100% accurate. I'm a 4-star, and I'm absolutely terrible at pvp lmao. Pvp for me basically means that I'm laugh-screaming in TS/Discord while I try to stay alive.

@Woo-DN why you murder me outside Primeth last niiiiiigggghhhttttt

(Kidding. I was doing the aforementioned laugh-screaming the whole time. <3)

All of that said, I can see how climbing the ranks can be something of a game goal for many people. They may not care about the transform, but climbing the ranks is a goal for completionist sake.

I love you Vantheria-DN, Finally someone gets me <3 

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I believe that rank is being tied solely to sieges in this patch because transforms (the only thing rank is used for now) were designed to be used solely in sieges. Those that attend sieges will have rank where they can use the transforms. You can't transform in an instance. You can't transform in an arena. Someone who only does those things doesn't need a transform.

Since gear isn't tied to rank, you lose nothing by not having one.

rank system has been nyerked up since day one and they could never get to fix it, its not like this do but it sure its an improvement from my pov

ill do a litlle correction with "We have to try and get away from the mindset that rank=good at ANYTHING in this game"

i remember my first impressions back in 1.9 or 2.0 refering ranks when i happend to share a dredge or something like wow a 2-star :o omg a 5-star :o:o omfg its that A GENERAL :o :o  :o ??!! litlle i knew they prolly were shity AP hoarders in Dark Poeta gear looking cool with a rank above their heads...

1 hour ago, Reflectionn-DN said:

rank system has been nyerked up since day one and they could never get to fix it, its not like this do but it sure its an improvement from my pov

ill do a litlle correction with "We have to try and get away from the mindset that rank=good at ANYTHING in this game"

i remember my first impressions back in 1.9 or 2.0 refering ranks when i happend to share a dredge or something like wow a 2-star :o omg a 5-star :o:o omfg its that A GENERAL :o :o  :o ??!! litlle i knew they prolly were shity AP hoarders in Dark Poeta gear looking cool with a rank above their heads...

Lol. True.

I remember Kaisinel's Governor, Mac. The poor guy was just saving for his AP bow and ditched rank the moment he got it. I used to buy stacks and stacks of AP pots to keep my rank low because we lost soooooooooo much AP when we died at high rank.

Those were the days.

Current ranks are supposed to be for sieges. Is not PvP ranks. 

The main goal of the ranks is to provide Xforms in the sieges. We can not Xform inside PvP instances

But it is the only ranking that we have and a lot of people wants to prove they are good. Not having a rank, as Aly said, does not mean you are not good at PvP or even that you are not a good player. having a rank only means that you are on faction´s wars. Or at least that was supposed to be that way. We had a lot of issues in previous versions. Devs were so useless in the past and mixed AP and GP in PvE instances and a lot of things. 

IMO could be great to have more rankings. Rankings for other playstyles. With other rewards. Maybe something for arenas or PvP instances. And a Ranking for PvE instances... Being in a list if you are good at something or if you make a huge effort it is nice. having a reward for that it is nice too. But current ranking is not for everyone. is for people doing sieges and helping the faction. 

I agree maybe give Enemy tokens for PvP outside of siege and Ally tokens for PvE, a bit like daily quest tokens, earning maybe a max of 5 or 10 per day and, tokens earned gives you a rank, like rank 2 is 100 tokens, rank 3 at 150, rank 4 at 200 and so on with 10 being top rank and needing to double rank 9 token earnings to get rank 10. Make it tough but not impossible. Require say a minimum of 50% of the possible tokens be earned each week to maintain rank. So if 70 PvE and 70 PvP are possible, you need 35 of each per week or you loose a rank and need to earn that entire rank again. Like loose rank 4, drop to 3, you need to earn 200 tokens to get back to rank 4. (reset as if you had earned zero tokens if you loose a rank, but, you don't go back to zero rank, you just get earnings count reset.

I say close down aion and go find the game secret of solstice that was published by outspark back in 2007/8 and just make me happy because thats whats really important isnt it:D>:(

but atm im playing ragnarok and its packeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd like everywhere u go lol

22 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

I say close down aion and go find the game secret of solstice that was published by outspark back in 2007/8 and just make me happy because thats whats really important isnt it:D>:(

but atm im playing ragnarok and its packeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd like everywhere u go lol

I remember the MMO Secret of the Solstice... I used to love it and played non-stop as the rogue/shadow master Magusbrrj.   Was a lot of fun ^^

Archived