New Class is coming?

Alaska-KT

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry for sound a bit rude. but ppl is rlly stupid thinking about Aion as a medieval game. this is a fantasy game that take place in another world. u already have stereotyped and generic classes from all another MMORPG. this is not wow or lineage 2. take notes about this. 

@BeMagnificentt-DN I personally never had a problem with the Songweaver as a class. There are NPCs in the game that are minstrels. They recite poetry, sing songs and play instruments as you walk by, so it actually made sense for them to add a class like the Muse.

I'm aware of only one painter NPC in the game (a lady in Morheim), but she used a paintbrush and an easel. I can't wrap my head around why we are using paintball guns to shoot giant globs of colorful liquid on our enemies. Admittedly, some of the attacks shown in the video are more creative than others. I am just largely disappointed by this preview.

30 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

I'm aware of only one painter NPC in the game (a lady in Morheim), but she used a paintbrush and an easel. I can't wrap my head around why we are using paintball guns to shoot giant globs of colorful liquid on our enemies.

There are actually three painter NPCs, possibly a fourth one. But, anyway, there may have been musicians, but, we never had Gunners or Aethertechs, and they made far more sense than a SW. I just cant understand why people complain about this new class and not of SW. SWs shoot UNICORNS, FROGS, BEES (and, yes, base kit, not skill skins). The new class "breaks immersion" just as much as SWs did or do now.

The reason I see is just that we got used to SW. People complained about this exact thing when previous classes were introduced, but now everyone seems to have forgotten about it and are claiming "SWs are totally natural".

51 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

@BeMagnificentt-DN I personally never had a problem with the Songweaver as a class. There are NPCs in the game that are minstrels. They recite poetry, sing songs and play instruments as you walk by, so it actually made sense for them to add a class like the Muse.

I'm aware of only one painter NPC in the game (a lady in Morheim), but she used a paintbrush and an easel. I can't wrap my head around why we are using paintball guns to shoot giant globs of colorful liquid on our enemies. Admittedly, some of the attacks shown in the video are more creative than others. I am just largely disappointed by this preview.

but the SW dont really reflect thise minstrels. SW isnt a typical bard. its a glamorous one with unicorns and penguins.

why cant people just learn to embrace uniqueness? no wonder every mmo is the exact same european holy trinity clone, cuz the second we introduce something unique, it gets bashed

I'm really not looking to get into a debate with anyone. I think both the Songweaver and the Tech classes have their merits and their faults. I'm sure, with time, I will feel the same about this new Artist class. Right now though I am feeling disappointed, and that is okay. I'm still going to try out the new class eventually.

4 hours ago, PettiPunishment-KT said:

NCSoft is retconning the lore of Aion to fit in to their mobile version.  I wouldn't be surprised if in the final. Erishkigal destroys the world, and Aion appears to redo it in another image, with all these new funky look and lord forbid Asmos and Elmos being friends.

And we all look like furry big eyed animal cartoons!, lol

Seriously is this new class a Bubble Blower?? Those discs remind me of the thing we used to dip into the soap water to make bubbles, lol.

I really think they should have stuck with the paintbrush concept. A paintbrush is far more traditional for an artist than a paintball gun. However, it is clear from watching the behind the scenes video that the team took a lot of inspiration from the Gunslinger class, which explains why they went in this direction. Apparently the paintbrush wasn't flashy enough for their taste.

I think the new class looks ridiculous and it's hard to fathom paint doing any damage.

They should just call it a 'chemical weaponist' and it uses napalm, poison, and sprays you with chemicals, virus' and disease.  

Also the immersion is going to be even more ridiculous after it uses a contract to look like a fat penguin/furry spraying people with paint.

Bleh.

On 11/22/2018 at 4:04 PM, Bryos-DN said:

There are actually three painter NPCs, possibly a fourth one. But, anyway, there may have been musicians, but, we never had Gunners or Aethertechs, and they made far more sense than a SW. I just cant understand why people complain about this new class and not of SW. SWs shoot UNICORNS, FROGS, BEES (and, yes, base kit, not skill skins). The new class "breaks immersion" just as much as SWs did or do now.

The reason I see is just that we got used to SW. People complained about this exact thing when previous classes were introduced, but now everyone seems to have forgotten about it and are claiming "SWs are totally natural".

Weren't there technically ATs/Gunner type mobs in Steel Rake/Steel Rose?  Or did those show up AFTER the arrival of ATs and Gunners?  The time line is fuzzy for me.

1 minute ago, Jaimie-KT said:

Weren't there technically ATs/Gunner type mobs in Steel Rake/Steel Rose?  Or did those show up AFTER the arrival of ATs and Gunners?  The time line is fuzzy for me.

No, Steel Rake had archers with ballistas. Those are closer to ranger than anything else. Steel Rose had gunners and ATs, but Steel Rose came with 4.0, the update that introduced those classes.

9 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

No, Steel Rake had archers with ballistas. Those are closer to ranger than anything else. Steel Rose had gunners and ATs, but Steel Rose came with 4.0, the update that introduced those classes.

SR Lower did in fact have an AT type final boss iirc

3 hours ago, Skai-DN said:

SR Lower did in fact have an AT type final boss iirc

1 hour ago, Bryos-DN said:

What Lahulahu used was a closer thing to a Tachysphere, of which we would see more of in Aturam.

If anything, what we are seeing is how these technologies slowly advanced.

Thank you!  That is what I was talking about lol.  It's not EXACTLY the same thing as an AT, the AT is just an evolved version  ;)

Archived