Aion Patch Destroyed YEARS of Creation and The Universe

Roguewitch-KT

This is no longer the same game in anyway. All crafting is now gone. Gathering is gone. Aether tapping is gone. Verteron, Eltnen, Theobomos ... Illuma ... gone. I played at launch for over 2 years and returned a number of times. Recently it has been a year of playing. It was much fun. 

Scrolls, potions, rez stones, all forms of financial interaction between players is GONE. How can you call this game Aion anymore when you are not even allowed to remain looking like the character you created and played to 75 unless you use an item the makes your transformation invisible? This is not an mmoRPG anymore. What role am I playing when all my choices and efforts and abilities to act on my own are taken? 

Pay to REZ? Pay for a bonus stat in a dungeon that is not even needed? 

No trading?

I hit 80 in a day and quit. I cried a bit. I really loved Verteron and the temple grounds. I knew many secret places that were just private memories in a world I had partaken in for a good 8 years off and on. 

Murderers! 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually agree with him.  I would guess maybe not to many do and really like it now.  

I keep coming to the forum hoping something might change.   And as to the above "change is hard" that's true but "disaster"  is very hard. And disaster is what has happened to and in this game.  

What is hard for me is to finally find I had to walk away after years if playing.  I haven't even done that with GW1.  That's what's hard for me.

A lot of those things are gone. And a lot of people remember some of those things and are a little sad.

But IMO 6.X is still not complete. I still have some hope about some things that may come. This update erased a lot of things from our past. But a lot of those weren´t good. I miss the maps or the crafts. But in the other hand we do not have tradeable gear, unlimited enchanments or unbalanced recipes (just to say some examples). Some of those things were a real issue and damaged so much the game. 

With all that gone... the game seems to be really small, but I guess was the easiest way. Trying to rebalance everything just to save all the content, was a hard task. 

If they can manage in some way the economy issues we may have at least a balanced game again. After that is just about new content. More recipes, maybe more professions, new maps, new instances... and in some way starting again to grow up. 

Im not happy with what we have now, but I find it better than what I imagined few months ago. I would like to see the shape of this at 6.8 or 6.9 :o 

I'm definitely saddened by all the content that was removed. I ran an instance the other day and it was just a hollowed out shell. The quests were all removed, I kept getting the wrong gear and most of the bosses wouldn't drop anything. There was literally no point in running it.

I hate that so much was removed but, instead of quitting, I decided to see Aion as a new game. This is only the base game, more will come over the next 2 years. The bad things like enchantment rates, broker fees adn lack of player to player direct trade, and more, will be corrected in time. I give it 2 years more, if it isn't a better game by then, I'll uninstall it.

Fully agree.

Problem is that many people still don't understand (Yes Aly, i mean you) that this game is an RPG, not a shooting. It's not that this update was "hard" or nothing similar, is that this update was STUPID, what they did went 180 degrees of what should have been an update in an RPG game. This update didn't add content, it WIPED 90% of the game content, didn't add features, it WIPED 90% of the game features and switched the others into the most stupid mechanics ever (not RPG ones).

It has become like a 1000-times worst version-of-WoW with not even 1/10 of its content. Basically now, instead of an rpg, is like a high rates smash brothers in 3D, you reach 80 in one day and that's it.

7 hours ago, Kailor-DN said:

I hate that so much was removed but, instead of quitting, I decided to see Aion as a new game. This is only the base game, more will come over the next 2 years. The bad things like enchantment rates, broker fees adn lack of player to player direct trade, and more, will be corrected in time. I give it 2 years more, if it isn't a better game by then, I'll uninstall it.

All you have to do is look a the Korean version to know none of that is going to be "corrected."

7 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

This update didn't add content, it WIPED 90% of the game content, didn't add features, it WIPED 90% of the game features and switched the others into the most stupid mechanics ever (not RPG ones).

Wiped content that were irrelevant to begin with. Besides danaria/katalam wipe in 4.8 I don't see how bad the current map wipe is because in norsvold/iluma there is literally zero point I tell you, to leave the center area of the map because that is where instance entrances are and quests around the map were literally not worth your time doing. (Not gonna mention low level maps because come on, how often do u enter them? Just for bulk essencetapping purpose and leave?) How often do you use the old crafts either in 5.8? Besides alchemy, the mats for armorsmithing/tailoring were hard af to get because no one farms those mats. Plus I would put a guess that you only used alchemy like every 3 months? To bulk craft.

4 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Wiped content that were irrelevant to begin with. Besides danaria/katalam wipe in 4.8 I don't see how bad the current map wipe is because in norsvold/iluma there is literally zero point I tell you, to leave the center area of the map because that is where instance entrances are and quests around the map were literally not worth your time doing. (Not gonna mention low level maps because come on, how often do u enter them? Just for bulk essencetapping purpose and leave?) How often do you use the old crafts either in 5.8? Besides alchemy, the mats for armorsmithing/tailoring were hard af to get because no one farms those mats. Plus I would put a guess that you only used alchemy like every 3 months? To bulk craft.

In my case, A LOT, i did a lot of low level quests, enjoyed getting titles, killing bosses. Actually, i spent a lot of time farming kinah from named bosses in Cygnea. I leveled through the campaign quests of all the maps and it was really nice going through the low level maps, which, in my opinion, look WAY better than the crap of Iluma and Lakrum.

Now you can do all the quests in the game and get to lvl 80 in less than one day xD. and the quests are crap!! The starting quest basically progress by clicking ok in the dialog all the time xD It's like a game for millenials who don't wanna get tired moving the char around.

2 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

In my case, A LOT, i did a lot of low level quests, enjoyed getting titles, killing bosses. Actually, i spent a lot of time farming kinah from named bosses in Cygnea. I leveled through the campaign quests of all the maps and it was really nice going through the low level maps, which, in my opinion, look WAY better than the crap of Iluma and Lakrum.

Now you can do all the quests in the game and get to lvl 80 in less than one day xD. and the quests are crap!! The starting quest basically progress by clicking ok in the dialog all the time xD It's like a game for millenials who don't wanna get tired moving the char around.

Lets break it down

Low level quests (Basically no worthy rewards hence only few people like yourself will bother)

Killing bosses for kinah (Don't we have that in lakrum now? Besides cygnea wasn't exactly a no PvP zone. If you had played in 4.8 you will realise that groups and alliances fight over bosses on both cygnea and enshar. Yes perhaps it was harder to PvP because map was basically linear (worst map design imo, the elyos shit storm/guard huggers I and many others had to deal with just to get to ORB) with walls and guards at every intersection and also the fact we had to rift)

Campaign quests leveling (Haven't we all done that on at least one character. Wot? Unless you mean you repeat the whole process on alts knowing there are better ways to level? Yes I know for story sake but dun u get bored reading the same story over and over?)

Lakrum and iluma looks like crap (Nani? Ok, if it looks like crap to u I guess it is since its a matter of perspective. But imo better map design than enshar/cygnea. Lakrum may look like crap in your opinion but at least the whole map is much more relevant than kaldor/levinshor/iluma/norsvold put together)

Getting to 80 in a day (I'm sorry but what is the point of leveling slowly? You guys complain in other threads that you don't get enough kinah bla bla bla but u dun want to get to end game fast to start farming kinah? Not to mention I also saw some post about taking a week to level. Well forums is a cesspool of contradictions but o well)

Quests is just clicking (You guys complain about xforms cause furry hater and run speed but aren't happy when the quest is just clicking. What in the world)

The Original Aion is gone and dead, game features removed and stripped down to the barest form of an actual rpg. This patch is a test bed for the mobile game Aion 2 that was announced. Ncsoft is not testing the game, they are testing micro transactions and how far they can go.  Spare yourselves the agony of watching something you loved burn to shit and and find a new home.

"Low level quests (Basically no worthy rewards hence only few people like yourself will bother)"
Doesn't matter if only 10% of the server enjoyed doing them, it's ~1000 quests that don't exist anymore..

"Killing bosses for kinah (Don't we have that in lakrum now? Besides cygnea wasn't exactly a no PvP zone)"
Nope, currently is almost impossible to produce kinah in any way (trading items in the broker does not generate kinah, only trades it, in fact, it reduces the total amount of it due to taxes). Cygnea wasn't a no pvp zone, but it wasn't a shared map either, it had (has) portals which yeah, put a couple asmos sometimes, but not ALL OF THEM all the time.

"Campaign quests leveling (Haven't we all done that on at least one character. Wot? Unless you mean you repeat the whole process on alts knowing there are better ways to level?"
I don't have alts, only my main (Chanter). And with the late 400% exp buff other ways were better, without it, quest was one of the best ways.

"Lakrum and iluma looks like crap (Nani? Ok, if it looks like crap to u I guess it is since its a matter of perspective. But imo better map design than enshar/cygnea."
I mean, compared to Verteron, Eitnen, Theobomos, etc (the low lvl maps).

"Getting to 80 in a day (I'm sorry but what is the point of leveling slowly?)"
Brother, that IS the point of an rpg game!!! It's like saying.. "Why would you want to shoot in a shooter game?" An rpg works in a reward-for-effort mechanic, currently, as the one before this post said, this game is not an rpg anymore, it has become a mobile game. Now you can't fail, now you can't do anything else but one path, which will take you to the end stage no matter what. You can't farm kinah, you can't trade anything, basically the only way of getting equipment is doing instas, which have a fixed number of entries per week and a fixed probability of the drops. Apply a bit of statistics and you will realize that every char has the same expected value of time for getting his full equipment.

"You guys complain in other threads that you don't get enough kinah"

Careful there, i've NEVER complained about the kinah i "get", i complained about the kinah that i can PRODUCE (see the other answer). Now there is NO way of producing kinah (all the kinah in the server comes from selling item to the npc, the broker/trades only moves it around, but every single cent comes from selling a dropped item).

"You guys complain about xforms cause furry hater and run speed but aren't happy when the quest is just clicking. What in the world"
I've never complained about that, in fact, if you look at my posts, you will see i've always said that is stupid to complain about an optional feature (transformations).

1 hour ago, Edmond-KT said:

"Low level quests (Basically no worthy rewards hence only few people like yourself will bother)"
Doesn't matter if only 10% of the server enjoyed doing them, it's ~1000 quests that don't exist anymore..

Ok. I mean if you've done the quest before and its gone then so be it, its gone. Its not like you can repeat the said quest so why even complain about it?

"Killing bosses for kinah (Don't we have that in lakrum now? Besides cygnea wasn't exactly a no PvP zone)"
Nope, currently is almost impossible to produce kinah in any way (trading items in the broker does not generate kinah, only trades it, in fact, it reduces the total amount of it due to taxes). Cygnea wasn't a no pvp zone, but it wasn't a shared map either, it had (has) portals which yeah, put a couple asmos sometimes, but not ALL OF THEM all the time.

I understand broker only moves kinah but look you still get kinah for yourself. How about stop caring about something you can't handle which only NCsoft can handle for now? About the PvP part, i'll be real honest how often are you even killed in lakrum? Because I've just been farming for close to 5 hours? And I've only died like 4 times? And ever heard of a kisk? Yea I put this thing called a kisk very close to my farm spot so I don't have to teleport and run back to said location.

"Campaign quests leveling (Haven't we all done that on at least one character. Wot? Unless you mean you repeat the whole process on alts knowing there are better ways to level?"
I don't have alts, only my main (Chanter). And with the late 400% exp buff other ways were better, without it, quest was one of the best ways.

If you don't have any alts, why are you even talking/complaining about campaign quests not to mention quests in general like above? Its not like you ever experienced them again since you only have your one and only chanter. (Here i'm gonna quote your original posts below) Like look, if you've done it you've done it, like I mentioned above, you can't repeat quests unless you have an alt. If you had alts maybe I can understand why your complaining but the thing is you don't have alts.

11 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

i did a lot of low level quests

11 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

I leveled through the campaign quests of all the maps and it was really nice going through the low level maps

"Lakrum and iluma looks like crap (Nani? Ok, if it looks like crap to u I guess it is since its a matter of perspective. But imo better map design than enshar/cygnea."
I mean, compared to Verteron, Eitnen, Theobomos, etc (the low lvl maps).

May I know how often you actually step foot into these maps? Verteron, Eltnen, Theobomos? Once everyday? Once a week? Once a month?

"Getting to 80 in a day (I'm sorry but what is the point of leveling slowly?)"
Brother, that IS the point of an rpg game!!! It's like saying.. "Why would you want to shoot in a shooter game?" An rpg works in a reward-for-effort mechanic, currently, as the one before this post said, this game is not an rpg anymore, it has become a mobile game. Now you can't fail, now you can't do anything else but one path, which will take you to the end stage no matter what. You can't farm kinah, you can't trade anything, basically the only way of getting equipment is doing instas, which have a fixed number of entries per week and a fixed probability of the drops. Apply a bit of statistics and you will realize that every char has the same expected value of time for getting his full equipment.

And brother, if I like the leveling process, I would have played a game like maplestory where the level cap is 250 if i'm not wrong. Different rpg games have different objectives set by the developers. Unfortunately Aion now is a game where the developers want you to get to end game quick and start doing end game stuff like gearing. Remember back in 5.0 when people started quitting cause of how hard it is to reach level 75? I literally only hit 75 like 2 months before patch 6.2. So to actually say that we all play rpg games to enjoy the leveling process and that that is the point of an rpg game is untrue.

"An rpg works in a reward-for-effort mechanic" Damn I would totally like it if you told the people complaining about enchanting that to their face.

"now you can't do anything else but one path" Now this is actually untrue because you can, and I repeat you can decide to just gear yourself in 1 type of gear. PvP or PvE. I literally have legion mates who just log in to spam PvE not kidding, yea maybe there isn't as much PvE instances as before but they still just PvE only. They don't even bother getting the PvP gear.

"You can't farm kinah, you can't trade anything" For now my dear brother. Use the broker, stop worrying about what you nor I cannot fix aka the fact that broker only moves kinah.

"basically the only way of getting equipment is doing instas" I don't know about you, but I think this is good, because if people want to actually progress PvE wise, they have to farm their gear themselves. Not buy it off someone and then go to maybe FM or BoS and hurr durr spend half the time dead on the floor or wiping their whole group because they bought gear and have no idea how to actually do the instance.

"which have a fixed number of entries per week" You raise this point but you fail to realise that since 4.0 or even prior because I didn't play pre 4.0, everything already had a fixed number of entries per week.

"fixed probability of the drops. Apply a bit of statistics and you will realize that every char has the same expected value of time for getting his full equipment." Same expected time. Therefore everyone is equal. Is that not good?

"You guys complain in other threads that you don't get enough kinah"

Careful there, i've NEVER complained about the kinah i "get", i complained about the kinah that i can PRODUCE (see the other answer). Now there is NO way of producing kinah (all the kinah in the server comes from selling item to the npc, the broker/trades only moves it around, but every single cent comes from selling a dropped item).

Again as I've repeated many times above, this is something neither you nor I can fix so how about just use the broker for now and just care about yourself instead of the server.

"You guys complain about xforms cause furry hater and run speed but aren't happy when the quest is just clicking. What in the world"
I've never complained about that, in fact, if you look at my posts, you will see i've always said that is stupid to complain about an optional feature (transformations).

Were you one of those guys in 5.8 who actually ran around with no scrolls? 

To add on, I would understand why u r pissed at them removing a 1000 quests if you did not mention and I quote

12 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

Because like I mentioned in my post above you already did them and there is no way to repeat them unless u had an alt. The only thing I believe people would be pissed off by is if they didn't have time to finish all these quests that were being wipe to get said titles. Or were working on getting a title such as the one I have here https://imgur.com/5ENR85k , which I believe many people work on but not a lot achieve it by this patch.

It's clear everyone who played the game for some years, will keep compare old aion to new aion. Everyone had different interests along the way. I can't say if this patch is good or not. I can say in general, i am enjoying it. It's not perfect, but no patch before was perfect. People complained a lot when 4.0 came then when 4.5  and so on and so forth. It's funny how some people say 4.5 was so great and how Katalam and Danaria were so fun, but when the patch was live, people complained of so many things, from getting zerged when doing camps by full alliances, or crying about not being able to take a fort, or crying about not being able to do end game instances, about ranked gear and about the so called at that time "major pay to win" and so on and so forth. Does any of this ring any bells? Yes game has changed, just like it did with every major patch. Yes it's not perfect, just like any other patch. Yes people afk just like in any other patch. Yes things can be improve just like in any other patch.  
People will quit game, people will come back (not all of course). 

Removing maps didn't work in late 4.x neither in 5.x and I wonder why they thought removing both maps and features would make it any better.

Ten maps were deleted for the sake of one shared
Professions and gathering/morphing was removed in favor of grinding mobs for mats and use aetherforging only to break pvp items for spiritstones.

No game has ever deleted so much content in hoping to "upgrade" the game, Aion is first to do such a major game retardation. Whoever had this idea needs to be fired.

2 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Removing maps didn't work in late 4.x neither in 5.x and I wonder why they thought removing both maps and features would make it any better.

Professions and gathering/morphing was removed in favor of grinding mobs for mats and use aetherforging only to break pvp items for spiritstones.

No game has ever deleted so much content in hoping to "upgrade" the game, Aion is first to do such a major game retardation. Whoever had this idea needs to be fired.

On the contrary, Star Wars Galaxies tried it with the "New Game Enhancements" update. They lost over half their subscriber base and never got them back when SOE kept doubling down on their horrible choices.

11 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

You're wrong man. Their producer said that they want a bigger game.

But with this new game update, getting all your feedback is a huge help for us to continually work on making sure that the game gets bigger and better.

Maybe NCsoft hid the real content somewhere and we still have to discover it.

Archived