Aion Patch Destroyed YEARS of Creation and The Universe

Roguewitch-KT

On 11/17/2018 at 6:38 PM, Channing-DN said:

Eagerly awaiting the day when the entire Aion NA playerbase consists of Aly, Bryos, and Shira and they can sigh in relief that no more people are around to complain about the game.

Ahahahahaha bro, i almost posted EXACTLY the same thing the other day!!! In a couple months Aly is gonna be the only player in the server, standing afk all day long.. but happy and satisfied xD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ok. I mean if you've done the quest before and its gone then so be it, its gone. Its not like you can repeat the said quest so why even complain about it?"
Seriously..? I haven't done all the quests! I did quests with my main, i hadn't done all of them, i was gonna do many of the quests that i still had left, get the titles i hadn't get yet, etc etc. Now all of that is gone!

"About the PvP part, i'll be real honest how often are you even killed in lakrum?"
A LOT. On sat, at some point, i had like.. 30 minutes to play, so i went to farm some stones, i got killed like 5 times, which, adding 4 mins SS + 1 min teleport/coming back, ended up wasting that half hour i had to farm, not getting anything. Now, the funny, stupid and annoying part is, as i said before, i never engaged any of them, i was nyerking farming, not pestering anybody, not even ksing anybody, but every single asmo that got into my screen went directly to attack me. It's even more pathetic when some guy that can't even remotely kill me, keep attacking me for like 5 minutes while i could beat the shit out of them. But no, they are like nyerking bots who can't do anything other than pester, pester, pester.

I seriously would like to ask devs to create a parallel map for the asmos, like Cygnea-Enshar, so they can be there and we in our map.

"If you don't have any alts, why are you even talking/complaining about campaign quests not to mention quests"
Again dude? Look at my first ansver in this post

"May I know how often you actually step foot into these maps? Verteron, Eltnen, Theobomos? Once everyday? Once a week? Once a month?"
Heh, in fact, i was permanently in those maps, i ONLY wen't into Iluma for the daily quests, and i was out after that. I usually was at Eitnen, doing coin quests just for fun, passing through the rifts into asmodea to see the maps, etc.

"Different rpg games have different objectives set by the developers"
Fully agree, but all of them MUST have some basic concepts (like i told u before, multiple paths, a reward for effort system, a long term strategy). Man, again, this is the first time ever i've seen in an RPG that this happens, no game has ever wiped 90% of its content, why don't you just stop being the devil's advocate (a local expression here in my country) and realize that this wasn't a "playstyle" change, but just a bad/shitty update?

"Were you one of those guys in 5.8 who actually ran around with no scrolls?"
Yep, i saved the scrolls for specific moments, same as now with the transformations (bosses, some instas, etc.)

NCSOFT IT IS VERY CLEAR THAT YOU GUYS DESTROYED MY SECOND LONGEST RUNNING GAME SO JUST DO ME A FAVOR AND CLOSE DOWN THE GAME AND LOCATE SECRET OF SOLSTICE AND BUY RENT OR W/E IT IS YOU BIG WIGS DO AND MAKE ME HAPPY BECAUSE THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

try to understand that making me happy is what gives other peoples lives meaning.

2 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

*snip*

"About the PvP part, i'll be real honest how often are you even killed in lakrum?"
A LOT. On sat, at some point, i had like.. 30 minutes to play, so i went to farm some stones, i got killed like 5 times, which, adding 4 mins SS + 1 min teleport/coming back, ended up wasting that half hour i had to farm, not getting anything. Now, the funny, stupid and annoying part is, as i said before, i never engaged any of them, i was nyerking farming, not pestering anybody, not even ksing anybody, but every single asmo that got into my screen went directly to attack me. It's even more pathetic when some guy that can't even remotely kill me, keep attacking me for like 5 minutes while i could beat the shit out of them. But no, they are like nyerking bots who can't do anything other than pester, pester, pester.

I seriously would like to ask devs to create a parallel map for the asmos, like Cygnea-Enshar, so they can be there and we in our map.

*snip*

As someone who says they have played and even GMed other games in the past, I am not sure why this isn't sinking in, but I will try again.

There are quests that require people to kill other players for good rewards. You like quests! You have said you were upset that you didn't get to complete all the old quests before they were deleted. (Totally get that. It sucks. We all can't be like Bryonce who ran about doing -everything- that was being deleted included the Beast-Book-Thing!) You even said you would spend time doing bronze coin quests for poops and giggles! In this case, however, the quest mobs are -you-. Not all quest mobs attack first. Sometimes they are standing there peacefully scratching their bottoms or sniffing their own flatulence and yet we mow them down. Better yet, we mow them down the moment they pop up on the map! So there are 5/enemy kill quests in each zone and now there is even a 50/enemy kill quest for Prestige holders that give even better rewards. If someone needs 50 kills and they find you 50 times, they are going to kill you 50 times. Quest complete. Oh happy day. It's not personal. They aren't stupid or bots. They aren't going to engage you in conversation or get your consent first. They are completing a quest. They are playing the game as intended.

You have said that you don't agree with this system. You have said you have never seen this system in any MMORPG you have played or worked for. You have said this belongs in a shooter and not an MMORPG. I understand all of these things, but Aion has -always- been this way. From the very start. So it's not surprising that it is still in -their- game design.

As for the two parallel maps, I believe that all of those were removed to stop the safe feeling that players have had in Aion since 3.x. We shouldn't feel safe in our own lands. Once we get to end-game, we should absolutely be looking over our shoulders and constantly ready to be attacked. That's why we are all on the same map. It's a big map. You can find places to farm pretty peacefully if you look about. Doesn't mean you won't be attacked. Just means it is less likely. Try staying near to a quest hub on your own side of the map. Run to the guards when you see an enemy. There are strong players (gear and/or skill) who can survive the love taps of the guards, but it's easier to get their quests done without having to dive into the guards so they may just leave you alone. If high ranks are killing you and camping the spot you want, link them in LFG. The PvPers in your faction will come because that is exactly what they are looking for. Once they duke it out, you can go back to farming.

If you are getting killed too much, play smart. 

2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Blah blah..

Alyyy :D My favorite poster!

I'm gonna put the exactly opposite situation example, so you can see by yourself how stupid it sounds.

From now on, every time you hit or are hit by somebody from the enemy faction, there is a 20% chance that a quest pops up and you are blocked from doing pvp until you complete that quest. So, you get into Siege, first enemy, you hit him, plaf, quest. You have to go back to the city, do the quest, spend 5 minutes in it and you can go back to the siege. You arrive again, a random couple arrows hits you, plaf, quest again, you again have to go to the city and waste another 5 minutes. And all the siege is like that. One of every 5 hits forces you to stop fighting and makes you go back to the city to complete a quest in order to continue.

Sounds very absurd, right? :D

Well, that's exactly the same stupid and incoherent shit that we, the ones who don't do pvp have to be dealing with all day.

"There are quests that require people to kill other players for good rewards"
Dude, i really have faith that some day, somehow (that's a part of 'Someday', a Nickelback song, btw) you are gonna understand. Shared maps and not shared maps, you wanna kill people, you go to the nyerking shared maps, you don't wanna kill people, you don't go to the nyerking shared maps. It's so simple, even you can get it bro ;). In this case, you like that mechanic, spend all your days in the shared maps, stand wherever the nyerk you want and interact with the other faction however the nyerk you want, i don't like that mechanic, so i won't be in the shared map. So simple and everybody happy!

"but Aion has -always- been this way. From the very start. So it's not surprising that it is still in -their- game design"
Totally not true, Aion was like any other mmorpg until version 6 came. I didn't like version 5 either, but it DIDN'T BREAK THE RPG CONCEPT, but now it has. As many have stated, Aion is not an rpg anymore, now it's a mobile game.

I know you don't PvP, but there have been times when I have wondered around on maps and even had to be that person diving into quest camps to try and complete PvP quests. I think most people gave up on Levinshore for PvP quest completions. There was no one there! Kata/Dan often saw me wondering around and around hoping someone would be out doing their bloodmark camps. I get that you and I have both been playing Aion, but it sounds like we have been playing different games. I am not weird. I am not retarded. I am not a bot. I am not a 100% "red is dead" rabid PvPer either. It only makes sense in game theory that in order to make PvP quests completable, you have to make the map attractive to PvEers so that the PvPers have someone to kill. And I get it. Sometimes I am a quest mob, too. Sometimes I am just trying to get to an instance or farming something and not in the mood to PvP, but bam. There it is. It's tough to get mad when it happens, because I have been on the other side of that coin. Apparently you haven't. And it's not personal. It's game design.

And yes. Aion has always been this way. Always. I started playing in Nov. 2009. One word. Rifting. My oh my was I ever a quest mob. Killing for Castor. Even seeing that map makes me nervous! Jeiaparan Village. Same thing. All the quests right outside of Arbolu's. I remember even using much coveted greater run speed scrolls to zoom and ninja around to avoid the gank squads just to try and get my campaign quests done. The first real change to this was 3.x with Tiamaranta. Now -that- was a big change. Whole areas in a shared map where you couldn't attack or be attacked. Was crazy and really hard to wrap my head around. I was used to rifters. I was used to the Abyss. Tia was so foreign and a real departure from OG Aion. 4.x made things a little better, but there were just too many maps. Players were too spread out. 5.x didn't fix it and for the most part, made it worse. 6.x is actually a return to what Aion began as.. or something closer to it.

Would be really interested in knowing when you started playing, because your Aion history really has some big holes in it.

3 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

Seriously..? I haven't done all the quests! I did quests with my main, i hadn't done all of them, i was gonna do many of the quests that i still had left, get the titles i hadn't get yet, etc etc. Now all of that is gone!

So..... is this an issue of you didn't know patch was coming, or you knew patch was coming but was doing other stuff like irl hence no time to do quests? Like i'm pretty sure there are other people like you around but they aren't ranting about it as hard as you ya know.

Well, I saw your latest post but I figured i'll quote this. I don't know why it takes you so long to get back to your farm spot but i'm gonna assume your waiting out on the SS, real question is if your farming, you have kinah, if you have kinah, why not remove the SS? I literally take less than a minute getting back to my spot after dying you know? And if you can actually beat the shit out of them why not do so? You do understand that PvP currently is either (A) you get rekt (B) they get rekt (C) which happens like 10% of the time no one dies because both are classes with heals and are equally skilled and geared.

Heh, in fact, i was permanently in those maps, i ONLY wen't into Iluma for the daily quests, and i was out after that. I usually was at Eitnen, doing coin quests just for fun, passing through the rifts into asmodea to see the maps, etc.

Well, reality hits you hard in the face but, hope your still sound and safe.

Fully agree, but all of them MUST have some basic concepts (like i told u before, multiple paths, a reward for effort system, a long term strategy). Man, again, this is the first time ever i've seen in an RPG that this happens, no game has ever wiped 90% of its content, why don't you just stop being the devil's advocate (a local expression here in my country) and realize that this wasn't a "playstyle" change, but just a bad/shitty update?

I'll be real honest, I only do practical stuff in game. Like things that i'm actually well rewarded for. Anything else, I don't usually bother. The game has wiped content yes, I wouldn't agree 90% but yes content has been wiped, but that doesn't make it a bad update because there is still lots of stuff to do. More relevant stuff in fact. You might not agree because apparently you have time to log in and enter low level maps to see scenery.

Yep, i saved the scrolls for specific moments, same as now with the transformations (bosses, some instas, etc.)

I'm really glad we are not on the same server.

8 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

You're wrong man. Their producer said that they want a bigger game.

But with this new game update, getting all your feedback is a huge help for us to continually work on making sure that the game gets bigger and better.

Maybe NCsoft hid the real content somewhere and we still have to discover it.

They want a bigger game by deleting 9/10ths of its content? Damn George Orwell is surely laughing at us. If NCSoft had to be inside ~1984~ they would surely be the "Department of Plenty", by removing and deleting everything. or the "Department of Soon"

On 17/11/2018 at 11:38 PM, Channing-DN said:

6.2 is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.  Eagerly awaiting the day when the entire Aion NA playerbase consists of Aly, Bryos, and Shira and they can sigh in relief that no more people are around to complain about the game.

hahahahhaha, yeah I do not even know if they play the game or they just log in here to simply defend NCSoft.

16 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

You would be surprised how its the other way round. People like @Edmond-KT only log in to complain.

In order to complain though you need to play the game, see the bad features, digest them and then come here and deposit them.

On the other hand coming here and having no problem with ten deleted maps only to have one shared, having deleted gathering, essence tapping, aethertapping, morphing, crafting professions, 90% of the instances, log in do the weeklies the first day and the sit around hitting monsters for materials... and still say that you do not have a problem, that means you probably never played this game at all.

And I didn't even mention the most p2w friendly patch ever. 6.2 is not a patch, it is a list of bad decisions someone could make to make a game worse in every aspect.

11 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

In order to complain though you need to play the game, see the bad features, digest them and then come here and deposit them.

Well, as I said, goes both ways. Complaining about something that you have no idea about. You just proved my point further. Sounds familiar?

3 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Well, as I said, goes both ways. Complaining about something that you have no idea about. You just proved my point further. Sounds familiar?

You cannot complain effectively about something that you do not know, what you write has to be true and we play the game and know if this something is true or not. nobody can fool us by fake complaints.

On the other hand enjoying it all means you probably do not play the game, because most (if not all) changes are just badly implemented, making the game a worse experience.

1 minute ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

On the other hand coming here and having no problem with ten deleted maps only to have one shared, having deleted gathering, essence tapping, aethertapping, morphing, crafting professions, 90% of the instances, log in do the weeklies the first day and the sit around hitting monsters for materials... and still say that you do not have a problem, that means you probably never played this game at all.

Or we have a different opinion.

I started playing Aion in Nov. 2009. I have helped run successful legions. I have been part of faction leadership. I have learned and taught instance runs in almost every patch now. My highest rank was great general. I am currently a 5 star (#32). I am generally thought of as a decent cleric. I am liked and hated. I have been vocal in LFG but have toned it down a lot in the past few years. I haunt the forums because I find often I can help someone who has a question and try to bring perspective to threads where the OP or posters are over dramatizing something. My head is full of odd Aion NA trivia because I can remember back to when we actually -wore- white gear. My first piece of gold gear was the wine and cheese hat from Steel Rake. I even have a screenshot. I downed Dark Poeta when it was hard. I once spent 4 hours in Dark Poeta farming blood stains because my faction was so outnumbered we never took an Upper Inner fort and only held the Upper Outer forts 3 times. We took Roah one time by filling the inner walkway with alliance kisks. I remember Puremalice. I've been around a long long time and I play actively.

I am 100% alright with the deletion of those areas. I believe that the leveling process needed to be streamlined and those maps, as much as they bring back memories, were superfluous. The story, while different in many real ways from launch, makes more sense now for the speed in which we level. I miss the old crafting. I miss essence/aether tapping and morphing. I'm not sure why those had to go, but I will deal with it. I am busy in game 7 days a week. The game, to me, is more than just weekly quests for genesis crystals. PvP instances and regular instances and hunting cubic shugos, etc.. keep me busy. I am not bored. There is always something I can be doing.

And because I was feeling nostalgic..

uRwYRim.jpg

mQEPalL.jpg

BzJXI38.jpg

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

try to bring perspective to threads where the OP or posters are over dramatizing something

To you, everyone you disagree with is "over dramatizing." And it's funny that you say this given that your posts are typically laced in hyperbole. Do I need to bring up all the hyperbole you use (again)?

And ain't nobody care that you played since beta or whenever. Stop using it to flex. There are also posters like Jagblade that have played a long ass time that do not share your opinion of how the game used to be or do not agree with you on how awesome the game is now in 6.2. If this game indeed "returned to its roots" then it used to be nyerk.

Those of us who are complaining (many of us are veteran players too btw) have played 6.2 enough to realize it's shit not just in one aspect, but in multiple aspects. Whether the game truly "returned to its roots" or not is irrelevant. Since it's a game, whether it's fun for the majority of players is relevant.

Aion now is the biggest pile of shit there is out there, your expected to pvp now in shit gear that’s impossible to upgrade and the difference between each grade of armour is just beyond a joke. 

Ncsoft when will you learn that you have broken aion and you will never fix it you just keep piling shit upon shit upon more shit 

personally I’ll be glad to see all aion servers shutdown because you don’t deserve the players time effort or money

Aion is now a sinking ship and your developers are trying to scoop the water out with spoons.

but then you know that hence the poor updates you keep releasing, your only interest now is the next big pile

of crap aion 2!

Not here to bicker, just dropping my two cents:

In the grand scheme of things, Aion 6.x is indeed a mere shell of its former self. Base capture mechanics were introduced in 4.0 which was released almost a full 4 years after launch. Prior to that, Aion had shared maps, but the main premise of the game was rift mechanics: you were either defending homelands or invading into enemy territory throughout your journey as a Daeva seeking to stop the Balaur threat. There was indeed supposed to be an element of danger involved, but I doubt constant PvP was the developers' intentions (otherwise, why would rifts even have caps or close?). The only places where you really needed to be ever vigilant were the shared areas: the Abyss and Silenterra Canyon. Obviously, you cannot control the community and a small minority of players turned the game into the constant griefing PvP-fest we all remember. In any case, much of what made Aion engaging was that there was an underlying story and the quests led you to explore Atreia, to learn about either faction, understand the Balaur's intentions, and stop their scheme to overtake the world.

The biggest deviation from all this was in fact 4.0, when bases were added into the game, which were basically placeholders for actual content. As far as I'm concerned, this is when Aion's development also took a major dive: rather than fleshing out the story and driving it forward, it essentially put everything on hold. No real story? That's okay, just have players repeat "quests" at bases. Aion 4.8 was their attempt to return to their past glory (rifting had a purpose again!) , but it was ultimately a half-hearted attempt because it retained base capturing. Since then, Aion hasn't actually made much in the way of progress. We're only seeing Balaur appear to blow up land, the survivors finding new ones, and repeating the same thing again and again. The so-called quests we've been seeing since then aren't really "quests" in the sense that there is no real purpose to them. You're not learning anything new about what's going on in Atreia, you're just completing busy-work, repeating ad-nauseum to gear. The truth is, I don't think even the developers know what Aion is anymore, and they're simply dragging out each version and recycling things each time to make the most money.

TLDR: Devs are clueless; Aion is just a cash-grab at this point.

19 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

You would be surprised how its the other way round. People like @Edmond-KT only log in to complain.

Plz dude, i play every day, but i have to admit that i started looking for other games two days ago. L2 looks like the best option.

Other than that, Bryos/Aly posts are funny, because what i want for the game IS NOT mutually exclusive with what they want, i've never said "Block all pvp ingame"; my position basically allows them to do what they want and ALSO allows me to do what i want, but no, they still oppose to that, so it's like they are just arguing for breaking people's balls instead of a more coherent reason.

TITLES.

THE TITLES HAVE BEEN, NOW YOU ONLY TITLE OF 7 AND 15 DAYS, THAT NOT ATTACK SPEED / SPEED / CASTING SPEED, YOU WILL ALWAYS PLAY IN THE EVELOPMENT EVEN WITH BEST EQUIPMENT

BECAUSE OF THE OTHER SIDE THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAS OLD TITLES LIKE SIMPLE PROTECTOR OF ATREIA THAT ALL OF THIS,

TELL ME WHERE THIS AND ATTRACT NEW PLAYERS, WILL BE ALWAYS ALWAYS BEFORE OTHERS, AND THE QUESTION OF THE TITLES IS NOT SOMETHING YOU WILL CONQUER WITHIN TIME, THESE TITLES WERE REMOVED.

THEY WILL NOT THINK THE RIGHT, AND WHEN YOU GOING FOR ANSWERS, YOU GET ANSWER BLANKS.

7 hours ago, khaly-KT said:

TITLES.

THE TITLES HAVE BEEN, NOW YOU ONLY TITLE OF 7 AND 15 DAYS, THAT NOT ATTACK SPEED / SPEED / CASTING SPEED, YOU WILL ALWAYS PLAY IN THE EVELOPMENT EVEN WITH BEST EQUIPMENT

BECAUSE OF THE OTHER SIDE THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAS OLD TITLES LIKE SIMPLE PROTECTOR OF ATREIA THAT ALL OF THIS,

TELL ME WHERE THIS AND ATTRACT NEW PLAYERS, WILL BE ALWAYS ALWAYS BEFORE OTHERS, AND THE QUESTION OF THE TITLES IS NOT SOMETHING YOU WILL CONQUER WITHIN TIME, THESE TITLES WERE REMOVED.

THEY WILL NOT THINK THE RIGHT, AND WHEN YOU GOING FOR ANSWERS, YOU GET ANSWER BLANKS.

The 7 days lasting shit is the perfect example on how this game is now lightyears from an rpg...

Aion has little to zero things you can do to get a reward over time. The only way of getting equipment? Instances, which give you 4 entrances per week and a -really small- chance of getting an item via drop+diceroll. The chance is so low, that you can play for a year without getting your full equipment and a guy can start playing and get it in one day. Again, not the rpg concept. Can you buy them instead? Nope, no equipment 'really better' than the one you get from quests/camps can be sold by the broker. Yday i just realize that i don't know why i'm getting money from farming stones, since there isn't really a single thing i need to buy that i can get from the broker. There aren't even good items on the npc vendors, not even shards. There is pure crap to craft in Luna, the 4 or 5 bundles of gold ingots/enchant stones that are the same reward from.. everywhere, plus some random 7-days shit and some other 'joke items' (a minicar, really?).

This is a mobile game now, 100% a mobile game, where the priority is to have plenty of sources to dress the players as hotdogs or pumpkins and move them around in 7-day minicars instead of some serious not-crap content.

For real Cyan, please, if somehow, in some degree, the devs read the feedback from the players, make them see how Aion has really became crap =/. It's not a whim, but i'm fully unmotivated to play now, in my legion barely 5 people connect and the server has become a depot of afk players..

wait, i still can't believe what i'm reading. Complaining that Aion, a PVPVE game, is a PVPVE game as intended? Really? PvPvE and combat flight system was them main thing of Aion. not pvp and pve, but pvpve. I'm sorry for the missed titles, and that part i understand 100% but... the rest... 

Understand that Aion is a game for NCSoft to make money on.  Unfortunately, a lot of what we see and hope and wish for will never come true.  If the game does not make money for NCSoft, it will be changed to allow them to make more money.  Going F2P introduced the Black Could Market.  Now it's the Black Cloud Market.  All those omegas and tempering solutions on the BCM in the past, gone in an instant.  Of course titles are temporary, make you buy more.  Take away our ability to make kinah in the game and eliminate crafting, makes you buy transformation contracts, even Transparent ones if heaven forbid you'd like to look at your toon they way you designed it.

Unfortunately, this will not change and will only keep changing to help NCSoft continue to make money.

Archived