Forums

[Youtube] Death of a Game: Aion

The Secret Cow Level

The story is over, the game has been deconstructed. Forget. Nobody cares. Nothing that happened to the AION was casual. Everything is where it should be. They want it. Maybe shareholders are tired of this gaming thing or they want something different. They're do it to see what happens. Nobody cares. Look for something else to do. Another game, some friends, a girlfriend. Do anything ...  no more AION. This is the end.

On 30/12/2018 at 6:37 PM, 1s173E48-KT said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  The game isn't perfect, but it's been solid for over 9 years.  There is no game, nor will there ever be a game, that completely satisfies everyone.  They are video games, you either have fun playing them or you don't.

Population wise?  Please, give this argument a rest.  Asmo-KT Lakrum siege on Christmas day was a full league plus, over 200 players just on our side.  Over a league last night for the Anomos spawn, on both factions.  Evergale pops almost immediately.  If you are outgunned by uber geared long tenured players that have compensated gear, just shout out in LFG and you'll get backup almost immediately.  There is a gear cap now, so once they hit it, they are no longer progressing while you are inching closer and closer each day.

While I miss Tiamaranta the the Eye (thank God they are coming back), it was an intelligent move to stage end game on one map and quit spreading everyone out so much.  There is never a lack of PvP in Lakrum.  Camps are still contested and fun and even getting to the Bastion of Souls portal is challenging at times.  Arenas pop quickly and so does Dredge (most of the time).

Population isn't a problem.  There are other problems, but as long as there is an effort to keep moving forward in some form or fashion, I'll always be a player in Aion.  They aren't perfect, but 6.2 was progression, and 6.5 & 7.0 appear to be as well.  

It's a game.  If you've spent hundreds and thousands on the game ... you would have spent that money on movies, booze, dating, extravagance, etc; anyway ... it's a leisure time and hobby based expenditure.  It's gone no matter what you spend it on.  In fact, the gaming expenditures, it can be argued, last a lot longer.  Maybe your enchantments don't work all the time, but you can buy snazzy outfits, mounts and all kinds of things for the same leisure time money you'd be spending on something else anyway, and it will give you months of entertainment in a game.

Did you just started playing today? NCSoft, knows, realize, and publish that their game have lost thousand and thousand of players during 9 years. If you played the game along of these 9 years, you'd have realized it yourself, with all the server merges and then more mergers; Till they have only 2 servers. So from all servers they once had, full of leagues and lot of stuff to do, they only have 2 servers now that you get only 2 leagues on each side. I remember when people couldnt join league anymore because they would be full. Now you can have full league with alliances but not full alliances in only 2 servers. Some alliances with only 14, 10 players. Some groups.

The numbers are out there published by the Owner and developer of the game NCSoft, but you are saying we are all lying, the numbers are lying, and only you are right.

The took away many content, and I am sure soon or later even this few people in NA servers and Eu servers who has been carried by Asian and specificly Korean servers will be gone. Most of them, till they decide theres no reason to keep it alive with only you and another elyo playing. Then you will say, oh but it has been 9 years. It could have been more years if they had taken other decisions, if they had listened to the players. I am sure a company that used to have and develop many games wont be happy to have one more game gone, and soon all other games gones. While other games are able to maintain their crowd there playing and even paying subscription for centuries even with shit graphics.

A game to be good must be fun. This way is the basis of success for any game. Swapping the fun out of frustration or disappointment may seem functional, but it is temporary.

I see people playing Street Fighter, a game that was released in August 1987 and keeps running because it's fun. Fun games stand the test of time.

AION was a fun game until version 4.x and after that it has been deconstructed. AION lost its identity and has the worst RNG system I've ever seen. I do not know how long the game will hold, but one thing I'm sure of. The AION is far from its full potential and this was due to wrong decisions.

I guess I'm really bored because I'm afking luna so I got time to post this xD

Well this thread made me think what was Aion's Selling Point ? Is it pvp ? no I don't think so o_o

Back to 2000s when Ragnarok Online launched English server it was highly participle a lot huge of players joined the server and they had serveral down time during too much of players I think why people playing Ragnarok in that day because of graphics,it has a really cute graphics unlike other games inn that time.

Back to Aion it had a top quality graphics in 2009 I think that's why a lot of people were playing Aion.
Now 2019 Aion graphics is outdated everyone moved to newer game like Black Desert Online which have ultra realistic graphics.

I believed Aion still managed some players because ability to customize characters with free skins from luna that was selling point of Aion from 5.8

Now 6.2 they removed all luna skins and forced players to use transform into animals,people hate it they look same as everyone else they no longer themselves no longer unique just being another polar bear or another sheep.What's the point playing Aion in 6.2 ? pvp ? Honenstly I think they need to make transform into animal as an option and bring luna skins back.

Being greedy and make everything selling from shops don't get you money.
Being nice and fair to your customers will bring you loyalty players and more money.

Well I back to luna now nothing to say anymore :P

Game is dead, only people who still play are people who have spent thousands of dollars on it. To them, it can never die, they spent too much money. There are like only 1200 people online at peak hours, compared to other games that have 12000 people online at peak hours. Aion is not a fun game anymore, it's just pure drudgery. NCsoft is not a very good game company. I don't know what it is, but they just seem to always make the worst possible decisions about this game. Like, I have never seen an MMORPG that gets smaller over time, they're supposed to get bigger, it's a testament to the backwards thinking of the NCsoft devs.

Archived