Fix enchantment rates, really... (some basic math inside)

ArmeniaX-KT

I already accept that me, personally will never get Ultimate gear in this game with current situation. Now I will talk little math about ancient -> legendary part.

Imagine you have +10 ancient part, and we want to make it +15

___

Success rate with ancient stone to go +1 is 28%, and if you want to have +15, it means 0.17% success rate
This is same as to drop coin and get 9 times same side (REALLY, you can try LOL).

___

Now let's do the same with legendary stones from +10 to +15, and the success rate is 48%, so to get +15 you have 2.5% success rate overall.
This is same as to drop coin and get 5 times same side.

___

There is also third option to go to +13 with ancients, and then go +15 with legendary, and in that case from +13 to +15 we get and 23% respectively, which is NOT so bad, BUT in order to get +13 the success rate is around 2%, so it is NOT worth than second scenario with 2.5% LOL

__

As a returnee player, I play 2-3 hours a day, try to do all PVP aspects of the game, and I have 21 Legendary PVP enchantment stones so far (Tha patch is live almost a month now).
I also need some other item to upgrade to purple, and today i extracted a 186 genesis crystal piece and got 5 of those items, and i need 100 to make 1 single PVP weapon to purple LOL.

I don't know who did the math, but with current situation, as returnee player I am not able to go on and I have to quit soon.

People say, wait for events, sorry, but that's not the case.

Link to the enchantment rates source (more math going on there) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f-I2NTH1KLir7NLjDLYTn8sGMBVsmwZHtiknQMFPY4s/edit#gid=0

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, IMO, how hard or how easy is to enchant gear is not an issue if is the same for everyone. If a +15 item is something almost unique for everyone, it is ok. 

Our main issue right now is that we have people in ultimate gear, and for them is so easy to get more gear so the difference is bigger each time. 

I started the game few months after the free to play change. I usually say that I came at Aion 3.7, but to be honest I do not know. 3.7 was the first number I saw when I wanted to know the version. Before that was just "Aion" for me. 

On that moment enchanting gear wasn´t easy. I had my first +15 weapon after 6 months in Aion 4.X. in Aion 3.X none of my friends had a +15 (or +10?) weapon. And enchanted armor? Oh no! Nobody had so many stones for that!. all our armor was at +2 or +3 cause we used our L50 or lesser there just to try. Of course some elite players had better gear. But wasn´t common and did not a real difference. 

Now everybody wants to enchant even their underwear. In 4.0 or before a support cleric with enchanments in the weapon was an autokick (obviously to noob to be good). 

So. if this situation becomes different for some players. And we see that some can enchant all their gear with P2W things, we have a problem. If this thing is really hard for everyone, this could be a new fair situation. In Aion 5.X having a full enchanted endgame gear was a must and everyone had it. Maybe now it is not and are real jewels. 

@Azzmaria-KT

I share your opinion, but

1. If you have alots of kinah, you still can craft ultimate gear and nyerk new players and returnees with their +10 tryhard ancient gears.

2. I will be happy to have my weapon to be Ultimate +15 after 6 month, but again, with current situation, i doubt it. When you +15 your gear in 4.x, you know you have endgame best gear. If you have +15 ancient gear now, its like having +4 in 4.x

3. As far as I know, you can’t P2W pvp part, now you cant even buy prestige pack to sell with kinah, its not tradable.

15 minutes ago, ArmeniaX-KT said:

@Azzmaria-KT

1. If you have alots of kinah, you still can craft ultimate gear and nyerk new players and returnees with their +10 tryhard ancient gears.

2. I will be happy to have my weapon to be Ultimate +15 after 6 month, but again, with current situation, i doubt it. When you +15 your gear in 4.x, you know you have endgame best gear. If you have +15 ancient gear now, its like having +4 in 4.x

3. As far as I know, you can’t P2W pvp part, now you cant even buy prestige pack to sell with kinah, its not tradable.

And we get to my solution, MORE PVP STONES IN GAME DAMMIT! As for +15 on Ultimate, Bro forget about it. That's not gonna happen. Even IF, and that's a big if, you manage to make Legendary+15, then you find yourself in tight spot again. Why? well because you need 400 fighting spirit fragments, and another 20 mil AP. Even you have the mats and the AP, Legendary stones for PVP are almost useless on Ultimate and Ultimate pvp stones, are almost non-existent. Sorry to break the news to you but... Ultimate +15 at this point can't be even considered a dream.

1 hour ago, Mirelium-KT said:

And we get to my solution, MORE PVP STONES IN GAME DAMMIT! As for +15 on Ultimate, Bro forget about it. That's not gonna happen. Even IF, and that's a big if, you manage to make Legendary+15, then you find yourself in tight spot again. Why? well because you need 400 fighting spirit fragments, and another 20 mil AP. Even you have the mats and the AP, Legendary stones for PVP are almost useless on Ultimate and Ultimate pvp stones, are almost non-existent. Sorry to break the news to you but... Ultimate +15 at this point can't be even considered a dream.

...nothing was "easy" in 5.8 either, the only reason why we had all these amounts of enchant stones etc, is because of the events that were implemented. So I only hope that in near future, we will get events similar to pre-6.2, that will give us all we need and the reward lists are as good as they used to be in 5.8 and before. Like the last weeks of 5.8 we got a ridiculously easy event that made us get "ready".

But I do agree on the enchant rates being kinda bad, given the fact that we are like a month into 6.2 or more, and we still cannot see enchant stones anywhere. This is why I keep my +15 ultimate weapon from the exchange list and I am happy with it. I also have a big phat amount of legendary (and ultimate enchant stones) from the exchange but I am literally not going to waste 600 legendary stones just to try to get me some items to +15 and then run out of it. 600 legendary stones is like 30 billion new kinah if I sell it on broker and I'll be happy to rely on my not-the-best items I got from the exchange!

In my opinion it should have been "possible" to +15 an item with the same enchant stones of that grade (ancient stones should be "able to make an ancient item to +15). And if you used stones higher than the item the enchant rate should have been far better.

This way only the ultimate would be hard to +15 since ultimate stones are pretty inexistent (I had 51 pouches from the transcendence tempering solution and I am keeping them like gold in my warehouse for now). But I am a gamer that got ready since 5.8, 6.2 is supposed to bring new players as well and I do not see how they will be able to even get 1/10ths of what I have currently.

So lets hope for events that will be very rewarding. And make the rewards tradeable so we can have the free economy we had in pre-6.2 (at least brokerable)

@ArmeniaX-KT Btw man, you shouldn't be too concerned about enchanting and evolving. Mainly because the system was not made in a way that allows you to upgrade your gear that fast. 
For example, to upgrade you gear from ancient to legendary (this applies only to PVP gear ofc) you need over 35 mil AP. Which even with the current AP rewards would still take you a month or so to get. After which you need a few hundred millions AP to upgrade for Legendary to Ultimate. As an idea, two-handed weapons cost 20mil ap, and the helm 14 mil. this 2 Legendary Items cost as many AP as the entire gear from ancient to legendary. The only ones that can afford right now the upgrade are those who gathered  and accumulated GP for months now. We are talking about idk 20-50 people more or less on each faction(simple speculation, don't have exact numbers on this).  
Also clear advantage here at the AP grind is ofc, for those who had compensation gear, because they have better chances in winning PVP instances then the rest. So system is not at all fair and it still gives an advantage(pretty big one if you ask me) to compensation geared players. Just a fact, not complaining about it. I, unlike others, took a decision not to receives OP compensation gear and i stand by it, no matter what disadvantage i might have.

21 hours ago, ArmeniaX-KT said:

I already accept that me, personally will never get Ultimate gear in this game with current situation

I started my the post with following words :))

10 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

...nothing was "easy" in 5.8 either

5.X was the worst patch for me in Aion, so i skipped the whole 5.x, too much content, too much stuff to care about...

14 hours ago, ArmeniaX-KT said:

@Azzmaria-KT

Actually crafting is not so simple. 

I craft things. Rates for master items are not really high for legendary or ultimate. Today I upgraded 15 master ancient to legendary with only 2 master legendary. To get a master ultimate item you need to craft so many things. 

I have now invested more than a billion on things. I have my mroker list always full and only 5 free slots on my inventory. If I sell everything I will just recover my investment and a little more. I still never got a master ultimate thing. If I just DE everything to clean my inventory I will lose a lot of kinah. I can not even use my alts to try to sell the items and clean my inventory to continue. 

And crafted items have lower stats than instance or crystals gear. So you need at least a master legendary to have something better. 

crafting is in some way expensive, frustrating, boring and you wont even get something really good. You can not even retune your crafted items. 

Unfortunatelly we can not even trade or I will be glad to offer my crafting services for you for free. It is not so great as you probably imagine. :/ 

11 hours ago, ArmeniaX-KT said:

I started my the post with following words :))

5.X was the worst patch for me in Aion, so i skipped the whole 5.x, too much content, too much stuff to care about...

..the only thing that makes this game easy is having events, this is what I meant. If we get daeva dash and boxes drop enchant stones like there is no tomorrow, then you will have your chance. All releases were difficult but events made everything possible.

8 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

I craft things. Rates for master items are not really high for legendary or ultimate. Today I upgraded 15 master ancient to legendary with only 2 master legendary. To get a master ultimate item you need to craft so many things. 

I have now invested more than a billion on things. I have my mroker list always full and only 5 free slots on my inventory. If I sell everything I will just recover my investment and a little more. I still never got a master ultimate thing. If I just DE everything to clean my inventory I will lose a lot of kinah. I can not even use my alts to try to sell the items and clean my inventory to continue.

We are having ahistory repeat here, there were times that we had to proc a recipe in professions, sooner they added the proc'ed recipes just with more mats. As long as we need to proc a recipe, I will not touch my 300 Aetherforging for anything other than craft ancient gear to break it for spiritstones.

@Cyan @Gideon @Hime
It needs a greater availability of legendary and ultimate enchants, it can include in the box purchase of nuggets of enchants the boxes with legendary and ultimate by genesys crystal or an npc that could be changed every 3 ancient enchants by 1 legendary and every 5 legendary for 1 ultimate, the lack of this availability is discouraging the players, exchange the rewards of sieges only for ultimate stones, we want a fair and competitive game where everyone can progress to a quality end game even if it is a bit laborious, thank you to understanding and I ask you to listen to this veteran = D

..the only thing that makes this game easy is having events, this is what I meant. If we get daeva dash and boxes drop enchant stones like there is no tomorrow, then you will have your chance. All releases were difficult but events made everything possible.

the patch barely started. Later they will have the events, but they will sell stones on the site when this happens as well.

The enchantment rates are fine for now, wait a couple of months, then we can start talking about that stuff.

The problem isn't that +15 is hard to get, it's that upgrading the equipment is locked behind +15. If you can't +15, you can't upgrade the gear, in essence, the difference between someone with compensated gear and someone without cannot be closed simply because to close it, you need +15 twice to upgrade. Gear tier matters more than the enchanting level due to the bonus stats it gives, note the following (armor/wings/weapon only):

Attack per tier (weapons): 3300/3700/4300 base

Attack per tier (armor): 750, 850, 950/ 850, 1000, 1100/ 1050, 1180, 1300

Defense per tier: 620, 730, 850/ 730, 870, 1000/ 850, 1010, 1150

Wings: 330, 390, 450 defense/930, 1080, 1200 attack

So let's assume you have a full set, your stats will be:

+0 ancient: 3770 defense/ 8380 attack

+15 ancient: (armor) 115/500; (weapon) 139/38; (wings) 232/64: total =  4372 defense/ 8866 attack

Difference (ancient): 602/486

+0 legendary: 4460 defense / 9510 attack

+15 legendary: (armor) 140/605; (weapon) 169/46; (wings) 282/77: total =  5188 defense/ 10101 attack

Difference (legendary): 728/591

+0 ultimate: 5450 defense/ 10750 attack

+15 ultimate: (armor) 160/715; (weapon) 199/55; (wings) 331/91: total =  6311 defense/ 11440 attack

Difference (ultimate): 861/690

At a glance this actually looks fine, the problem is the bonus stats which are gained only at higher tiers and not lower tiers. Attack speed, critical, etc are all only granted at higher tiers and lower. +15 one tier lower = the stats of +0 one tier higher. There is also the passive skills that grant more with higher base stats (I am unsure as to how these stats scale as of the moment but it seems like defense is +50-80% base and attack is +10-15% base). Effectively, when comparing someone with ancient gear you will be looking at roughly 6k defense, 10k attack where as ultimate gear will give 10k defense, 15k attack. As the way damage works, if you can't beat their defense number you deal base damage; this ensures that simply being a tier higher is enough to result in a completely lopsided encounter. Being two tiers higher is no contest in the least.

13 hours ago, Delessa-DN said:

The problem isn't that +15 is hard to get, it's that upgrading the equipment is locked behind +15. If you can't +15, you can't upgrade the gear, in essence, the difference between someone with compensated gear and someone without cannot be closed simply because to close it, you need +15 twice to upgrade. Gear tier matters more than the enchanting level due to the bonus stats it gives, note the following (armor/wings/weapon only):

Attack per tier (weapons): 3300/3700/4300 base

Attack per tier (armor): 750, 850, 950/ 850, 1000, 1100/ 1050, 1180, 1300

Defense per tier: 620, 730, 850/ 730, 870, 1000/ 850, 1010, 1150

Wings: 330, 390, 450 defense/930, 1080, 1200 attack

So let's assume you have a full set, your stats will be:

+0 ancient: 3770 defense/ 8380 attack

+15 ancient: (armor) 115/500; (weapon) 139/38; (wings) 232/64: total =  4372 defense/ 8866 attack

Difference (ancient): 602/486

+0 legendary: 4460 defense / 9510 attack

+15 legendary: (armor) 140/605; (weapon) 169/46; (wings) 282/77: total =  5188 defense/ 10101 attack

Difference (legendary): 728/591

+0 ultimate: 5450 defense/ 10750 attack

+15 ultimate: (armor) 160/715; (weapon) 199/55; (wings) 331/91: total =  6311 defense/ 11440 attack

Difference (ultimate): 861/690

At a glance this actually looks fine, the problem is the bonus stats which are gained only at higher tiers and not lower tiers. Attack speed, critical, etc are all only granted at higher tiers and lower. +15 one tier lower = the stats of +0 one tier higher. There is also the passive skills that grant more with higher base stats (I am unsure as to how these stats scale as of the moment but it seems like defense is +50-80% base and attack is +10-15% base). Effectively, when comparing someone with ancient gear you will be looking at roughly 6k defense, 10k attack where as ultimate gear will give 10k defense, 15k attack. As the way damage works, if you can't beat their defense number you deal base damage; this ensures that simply being a tier higher is enough to result in a completely lopsided encounter. Being two tiers higher is no contest in the least.

Might be wrong, but i think 3 Ancient geared players cant' kill a Ultimate gear player. From what i was able to see in harmony even a 50% Ultimate and 50% ancient, is pretty much unbeatable (mainly on classes that have heals or hp steal)...

Can confirm the rates are absolutely atrociously garbage. It doesn't help the fact the little availability of legendary and ultimate stones makes things difficult. Maybe add them for Genesis Crystals exchange? Or better yet, launch 6.5 already, fix the rates between +10 and +15 and we're good to go.

Just to add a different perspective to this- really NC West doesn't seem to learn from the past.

1. Way back when Miragent/Fenris first came out, part of the quest was very grindy and was purely RNG (the proc on HHOM for the pants). I was super lucky (pretty much the sole time in all these years)- it procced on my first attempt. I knew many people that quit because after hours and/or a hell of a lot of kinah, dancing naked at the crafting station, hopping up and down, sacrificing a legion buddy, etc - no pants after multiple tries - 20 or more. Eventually , after losing many players- the quest got changed to give people the HHOM if they failed a certain number of attempts.

2. Does anyone remember when having a failure on socketing one manastone made them ALL explode? Again, many people quit because they couldn't taking all that farming for nothing- getting absolutely no sense of progression.

Years later, where are we?

Back to the same stupidity- repeating the same mistakes, in a sense. Requiring multiple procs , not just one- to craft gear. Requiring multiple +15 , not just ONE, to get both PVE and PVP gear. The rates are atrocious. Getting ancient gear should be a 100% success with ancient stones and not with a an abysmal success rate- like now. Getting legendary gear should be harder, but manageable given ancient and legendary. Getting ULTIMATE should be grindy. NOT before , and even ultimate should be achievable within a reasonable timeframe, with doing the content. Consider this from someone who is by no means impatient when it comes to upgrading gear - but from someone who wants everyone to have a reasonable chance to get good gear. It's not fun when people quit, or when they stand no chance in a fight purely due to a gear disadvantage.

On 18.11.2018 at 3:39 AM, ArmeniaX-KT said:

I already accept that me, personally will never get Ultimate gear in this game with current situation. Now I will talk little math about ancient -> legendary part.

Imagine you have +10 ancient part, and we want to make it +15

___

Success rate with ancient stone to go +1 is 28%, and if you want to have +15, it means 0.17% success rate
This is same as to drop coin and get 9 times same side (REALLY, you can try LOL).

___

Now let's do the same with legendary stones from +10 to +15, and the success rate is 48%, so to get +15 you have 2.5% success rate overall.
This is same as to drop coin and get 5 times same side.

___

There is also third option to go to +13 with ancients, and then go +15 with legendary, and in that case from +13 to +15 we get and 23% respectively, which is NOT so bad, BUT in order to get +13 the success rate is around 2%, so it is NOT worth than second scenario with 2.5% LOL

__

As a returnee player, I play 2-3 hours a day, try to do all PVP aspects of the game, and I have 21 Legendary PVP enchantment stones so far (Tha patch is live almost a month now).
I also need some other item to upgrade to purple, and today i extracted a 186 genesis crystal piece and got 5 of those items, and i need 100 to make 1 single PVP weapon to purple LOL.

I don't know who did the math, but with current situation, as returnee player I am not able to go on and I have to quit soon.

People say, wait for events, sorry, but that's not the case.

Link to the enchantment rates source (more math going on there) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f-I2NTH1KLir7NLjDLYTn8sGMBVsmwZHtiknQMFPY4s/edit#gid=0

Your best option, and I've suggested this before is in the meantime make yourself a full crafted Legendary set if you have the crafting level high enough to do so. Keep your Genesis gear as it is, when upgraded, the best set in the game. To upgrade a crafted PVP Ancient gear to Legendary, it is not necessary to +15. Getting the materials and procs are a drop in the hat, sure, but not with the same rates you're talking about enchanting your current gear. TL;DR, make a legendary or even ultimate PVP crafted set, in the meantime work on enchanting your Genesis Ancient gear so that when it's finally ready, you can effectively retire your crafted set. That's the easiest and most straightforward plan I'm personally following - at least for now while the availability of Legendary and Ultimate enchantment stones are not as good as the KR, JP and RU versions of the game.

Hey everyone o/ I am new to Aion and don't have your experience, but I do share a bit of the frustration from enchanting =) I've started right after the patch and regularly participate in all battlegrounds, sieges, pretty much in everything that gives enchantment stones. I grind almost every night, try to make kinah, be active, progress in the game. I even accepted the reality and payed for some "quality of life" things from the cash shop to set myself for beginning... Tonight I have failed my 8th attempt to go from +14 to +15 on my dagger. I feel bit disappointed from being stuck at the same place. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to get my gear super fast, but one legendary item after a month of active game play would be nice. After the time I spent in, and effort I put into to the game so far, I feel unrewarded. And I just don't know how many more attempts it may take to finally get to +15, neither I do not know how long I will keep trying. 

- I understand that players from other servers got their gear as a exchange for old one. I am totally fine with that. However, I quite do not understand why these people are being matched against new players in battlegrounds. I am cool about it, but reality is that one gladiator in Idgel Dome can wipe almost entire party within a single use of his aoe skills (happened to me few days ago). My experience from battlegrounds so far? In 80% of cases my group goes afk and just wait for geared people to do their business and complete the instance. Where's the fun in that? The only time we won, for example, was when we didn't get enemy team xD. (Noobs, yea, but hey I thought that Aion needs new players^^) So this, in my opinion, even more slows down newbies who needs the enchantment to become at least a bit competitive, and gives the reward to people who already overpowers them. 

I like the game so far, but after watching a lot of videos (doing my homework on a new game) I feel like the adjustments that you are making for the West version are not really what will get you new players, or keep them interested. If the progress is this hard on Ancient - the worst - gear, I quite do not understand how we are supposed to progress, especially  when purple enchantment stones are so hard to get. 

Yeah, I guess that's it. Just a little report from a new Daeva with a bad luck o7

10 hours ago, Mirelium-KT said:

Might be wrong, but i think 3 Ancient geared players cant' kill a Ultimate gear player. From what i was able to see in harmony even a 50% Ultimate and 50% ancient, is pretty much unbeatable (mainly on classes that have heals or hp steal)...

That was the point of my post, the difference between ultimate and ancient is basically double. An ancient player has about 10k/6k attack/defense, the ultimate player has 15k/10k attack/defense. The ancient player cannot penetrate the defense and all skills hit base - further reduced by the PVP mod which is I think 50% or 75%, in short, double to triple digit damage where as they will be hitting 4-5 digits easily.

If you do the math, and you realize you will have to sit there and play for 8 hours a day for about a year just to get gear good enough to compete. That's a bit much for me. I'm not getting on that hamster wheel of a gear grind. Life is too short for that. Human beings only live for about a hundred years if they're lucky. Just play the game and not even worry about getting your gear perfect, by the time you do 7.0 will be out and that gear will be useless again anyways.

54 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

For about a year ? On the new server theres already people with ultimate gear, and people with full legendary crafted. I think it is alot less time if you invest  in your toon and spend some money in the game.

I wouldn't know, I can't stand to play it anymore because I just can't run around in a team mascott suit, I only play games where my character looks awesome. But it has been like that in the past, I assume it's the same way now, gear doesn't break anymore, but it was still easier to enchant because you could use omegas + supps to get it, It's just hard for me to spend time on something if I don't know if it will take me a week, or a month to gear something up. You can make your game RNG based all you want, but I won't make my time RNG based, that's for sure. 

147 Ancient stones to upgrade ancient Helmet from +8 to +10, so close to just quit because what we can get per week ~150 PvP stones, so 16 weeks just to make +10 ancient set? As for now looks like Legendary set is only for ones who exchanged gear or had lot of stones for exchange.

6 hours ago, Raiuken-KT said:

If you do the math, and you realize you will have to sit there and play for 8 hours a day for about a year just to get gear good enough to compete. That's a bit much for me. I'm not getting on that hamster wheel of a gear grind. Life is too short for that. Human beings only live for about a hundred years if they're lucky. Just play the game and not even worry about getting your gear perfect, by the time you do 7.0 will be out and that gear will be useless again anyways.

I mean, that's how many MMORPG have worked:

-get gear

-get top tier gear

-enjoy said gear

-new big patch comming soon = actual gear will be obsolete

-repeat

6 hours ago, MechBird-DN said:

I mean, that's how many MMORPG have worked:

-get gear

-get top tier gear

-enjoy said gear

-new big patch comming soon = actual gear will be obsolete

-repeat

Right. Problem though is that some players got compensation gear while others didn't. And because of the new damage formulas and gear tiers, we get a lot of pvp that looks like this:

Special mention to the Call Lightnings at 7:35, 9:34, 12:01.

And dat 1v5 at the end.. 15:09 fight starts. Mostly CC locked until 30 seconds later, at 15:39, when the cleric manages to get off a boosted Splendor of Recovery. More CC lock until 16:07 when cleric Acquittals, etc.

I'm not taking anything away from Cherry here; she's a very skilled cleric. My point here is to show how much gear can matter in the current patch. The anecdotes that people are telling about players taking out full groups or even alliances by themselves ain't a lie. Gear disparity DID NOT ever look this bad. The players who think gear was this decisive in the past are delusional.

Archived