Ranger BOTS all over map

Aliseta-DN

40 minutes ago, Gensb-DN said:

1. Botting is a lot easier now because a) NCSoft doesn't care enough to have programs catching suspicious activity and b) Leveling up is really easy.

3. Botting on your main is better than botting on a throwaway account because since NCSoft doesn't care, you are less likely going to be flagged as a bot rather than running around on a rank 7-9 with Lakram Gear.

Just to expound on your post a bit:

On your first point, this is something Xigncode3 is actually supposed to handle or at least part of the reason why it was implemented, LOL! Great success eh?

On your third point: I mentioned earlier this year that a majority of the gold sellers on Aion left the game for greener pastures quite some time ago because it was no longer profitable for them to continue their operations here while newer games with larger audiences were popping up. Of the bots that we're seeing now, only a small percentage belong to gold sellers. The rest belong to veteran players who in all likelihood have been botting surreptitiously since they started playing. Sadly, these are players that NC WON'T take action against because they're also the ones dropping big money on NCoin (Black Cloud Coin).

We'll see NC take action to try and improve their image in the coming weeks, but anything they do will be largely superficial; a sweep of existing bots will quickly be replaced in a matter of hours.

15 hours ago, Gensb-DN said:

3. Botting on your main is better than botting on a throwaway account because since NCSoft doesn't care, you are less likely going to be flagged as a bot rather than running around on a rank 7-9 with Lakram Gear.

There's a great general on DN-A who was caught on his main with a bunch of his little bot toons following him around. Sadly, he's t.rash in general so it was no shock to anyone, but yeah. Pitiful that players resort to this sort of behavior.

On 11/19/2018 at 0:44 AM, Arxaggelos-KT said:

They actually made grinding relevant again since making kinah cannot be done with the supplements of CoE, also the new materials and the wholer evamping of the game created a rarity in everything.

This was something I knew would happen, bots eveywhere, people are trying really hard to fill the gaps and I do not see how this will ever get down. In 5.8 the bots were not that many because grinding wasn't that relevant to anything, we would get top gear from boxes from events, crafting was obsolete, aetherforging was (and still practically is) useless, so people just played the game, instances and events.

now everything is about mats, only to craft things, break it to get the spiritstones etc. It was inevitable to do this. the other day I saw a whole alliance farming a specific mini world boss for the ancient kibrium. I have a screenshot, that guy probably brought all his alts, he killed the mini boss, and then loot it with everyone, this way every character would get 1 ancient kibrium. Imagine having 24 alts in one spot, kill one named monster and end up with 24x ancient kibrium which in my server and function costs about 800k each on broker!

I wonder how 1 player opened 24 Aion clients together? On how many computers? I can never open more than 2 on each computer, since was  Xigncode3 implemented and Sandboxie and ISBox stopped working!! :( Since that I can't open 8  clients, which very harmfully impacted my video recordings.  I can't gather 8 toons of same color around a Wingfeather Guestbloom when it becomes ready, or on bikes of same color, on snow near Solorius Tree, or dancing at home, or standing with spread wings, in Abyss Fortress or in any beautiful location, anymore. What is that magic program to open 24 clients?? 

On 21/11/2018 at 2:26 PM, Kailor-DN said:

Only cure is active 24/7 GMs two or three per server at all time banning bots and gold sellers the instant even ONE person reports one. NCSoft isn't going to pay people to do that so, it won't happen.

I've offered to do it for free, on more than one occasion, all for the love of the game that they have killed through unimaginable incompetence.

Do you think they are proud of the work they are doing? Would you be proud if Aion in it's current state was your product?

You are all being milked of every last drop of devotion and naivety for their gain at your own detriment.

Stop logging in and one of two things will happen; they will either fix the issues in the game or shut it down. If the latter is the case then you know they were simply riding it until death, and that leaving it to die without investing any more time into it was the right thing to do.

Yeah they should fix bots..have a screenshot with an entire legion made from bots..but probably who use bots are rich asses that pay on their main to be left alone.

Was funny how they think that making kinah is so easy... so yeah would be easy for NCsoft by tracking rich ones now and connection with bots accounts..but of course nothing will happen

On 27/11/2018 at 6:04 AM, VivaMori-KT said:

I wonder how 1 player opened 24 Aion clients together? On how many computers? I can never open more than 2 on each computer, since was  Xigncode3 implemented and Sandboxie and ISBox stopped working!! :( Since that I can't open 8  clients, which very harmfully impacted my video recordings.  I can't gather 8 toons of same color around a Wingfeather Guestbloom when it becomes ready, or on bikes of same color, on snow near Solorius Tree, or dancing at home, or standing with spread wings, in Abyss Fortress or in any beautiful location, anymore. What is that magic program to open 24 clients?? 

One thing is for sure, 3rd party cheaters will most likely be able to avoid all the things you mentioned. Also as far as I am concerned running Aion in sandbox was also kinda against the rules, but it was not possible to track hence it was doable.

Whatever measure they took against bots, only hurts real people. People are trying to transfer materials from alts to their mains via broker and there are broker bots snatching everything faster than players and this creates an even bigger problem and gives kinah sellers a bigger advantage, they now sell to us our own materials they snatched and then sell the money on their sites.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:41 PM, Dnerved-KT said:

I get he is a CM and not a GM,  but if you are an employee of a company and you see rules being broken that your company has set in place.  It is your duty to either, 

1.) do something yourself about the issue. 

or

2.) pass it onto someone else at the company who specificly handles those matters. 

This +100000000.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:41 PM, Dnerved-KT said:

But that's asking a lot from NCSoft,  because they have never acted as a professional company nor had any structure.  (looking from the outside in)  its the damn wild wild west when it comes to their employee's and they do whatever the hell they want,  as long as it apears to be what they are supposed to be doing to the people who write their paychecks.

Example:

Hell,  Cyan might even just be playing on his character on EK-Elyos Writing it off as "I'm interacting with the community which falls in line with my duties as the community manager"  with his 4-5 Forum posts a week. (no idea what else hes doing as a CM but that's all that is visibly seen from the outside in)

Yeah. I know of only 3 NCSoft employees atm (besides Aly and Shirayuki kappa): Cyan, Hime, and Gideon.

All I know of Cyan is that he posts approx. 5 times a week on the forums. I figured he just was super busy or something but that's probably not the case since he has time to actually play the game and "[interact] with the community" as you said. I see the vast majority of posts @ at Cyan ignored but whatever.

I don't really have a good impression of Hime or Gideon either based off the videos I've seen them in (e.g. the 6.2 preview video). They don't look like they have much knowledge or enthusiasm for the game.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:32 AM, 2s3004E2-DN said:

Yeah. I know of only 3 NCSoft employees atm (besides Aly and Shirayuki kappa): Cyan, Hime, and Gideon.

All I know of Cyan is that he posts approx. 5 times a week on the forums. I figured he just was super busy or something but that's probably not the case since he has time to actually play the game and "[interact] with the community" as you said. I see the vast majority of posts @ at Cyan ignored but whatever.

I don't really have a good impression of Hime or Gideon either based off the videos I've seen them in (e.g. the 6.2 preview video). They don't look like they have much knowledge or enthusiasm for the game.

Where is that video, sorry, I didn't follow everything?

I guess I also saw some couple of Elyos Ranger bots. I'm not sure of course whether they were bots, but they had a strange behaviour in pvp  - they never attacked my toons but only ran away and ran very long in the same circle, so my toons equipped in rather poor Archdaevic not enchanted pve gear eventually killed one of them :)

NCSoft would better remove XIGNCode3 - the lag in the main place of Lakrum is incurable, crashes very often at teleport to home or to Luna, the effect against bots and hacks is useless.

On 12/2/2018 at 8:47 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Whatever measure they took against bots, only hurts real people. People are trying to transfer materials from alts to their mains via broker and there are broker bots snatching everything faster than players and this creates an even bigger problem and gives kinah sellers a bigger advantage, they now sell to us our own materials they snatched and then sell the money on their sites.

This is really a terrible problem! :(

Bots are getting smarter about joining well-known legions too. We had two bots join our legion yesterday. Both were spotted doing very suspicious botting behavior and when we tried to talk to them, they just kept jumping from mob to mob and ignored us. Both were kicked from legion and one whispered a few hours later about it.

Us: You were botting.

Them: I was using a macro to kill mobs by auto-selecting while I was asleep.

Like ok exactly what we're saying lmao. But yeah, the bots are evolving! xD

2 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Bots are getting smarter about joining well-known legions too. We had two bots join our legion yesterday. Both were spotted doing very suspicious botting behavior and when we tried to talk to them, they just kept jumping from mob to mob and ignored us. Both were kicked from legion and one whispered a few hours later about it.

Us: You were botting.

Them: I was using a macro to kill mobs by auto-selecting while I was asleep.

Like ok exactly what we're saying lmao. But yeah, the bots are evolving! xD

Guess that explains why I have seen some bots with larger legion names attached. Thought it was odd that they would allow their legion name to be associated with that, but guess they do not know yet. Time for the BG's to do some house cleaning looks like.  So he figured it was ok to do it because he was sleeping lol 

Just now, Shayded-KT said:

but guess they do not know yet

Exactly. Unfortunately, we can't fix what we don't know about. One of the bots in our legion was brought to our attention by a friend who was not in legion. So that's really all we can do. If you see a bot in someone's legion, whisper a leader of that legion and let them know so they can investigate.

5 hours ago, Akashakeeper-KT said:

Where is that video, sorry, I didn't follow everything?

I guess I also saw some couple of Elyos Ranger bots. I'm not sure of course whether they were bots, but they had a strange behaviour in pvp  - they never attacked my toons but only ran away and ran very long in the same circle, so my toons equipped in rather poor Archdaevic not enchanted pve gear eventually killed one of them :)

NCSoft would better remove XIGNCode3 - the lag in the main place of Lakrum is incurable, crashes very often at teleport to home or to Luna, the effect against bots and hacks is useless.

Their presentation reminded me of presentations that students have to do in school: Lacking in enthusiasm and not well-rehearsed/professional/smooth at all. And the way they play the game tells us they barely touch it.

19:15 in particular stands out (Hime doesn't seem to be aware that there is more than one type of Tempering Solution).

I also remember watching an older video where a NCSoft employee got confused and didn't know which item slot on his character's paperdoll was the slot for plume (or something like that). I don't remember which video it was, unfortunately, otherwise I'd link it. But I'm sure some other players might remember which one I'm talking about.

Archived