Forums

Returning After Years - Please Help!

Hey everyone, 

I'm coming back after a few years, and needless to say I am very lost. The last time I played was before housing and when the level cap was 50.

I've attempted to ask questions in chat and such, but nobody really responds. The game feels sort of empty, but maybe that's just because everyone is already split up into their legions and personal groups and such and doesn't want to be bothered with answering questions in gen chat.

Hopefully someone will reply positively here on the forums, so here goes: 

1. Is there a way of earning Luna through dailies or something similar? Or is Luna a pay only currency? I'm confused because there are also Black Cloud Coins now, so that would make two separate real money only currencies (what?why?) Luna bundles cost quite a bit of money, which makes me wonder why a single teleport costs 40-80 Luna...either I'm missing something or this game really is just that greedy. 

2. I hate the transformation potions. I think I mostly grasp the transformation system, but I truly dislike the way they all look so far. I don't want to be a poorly textured polar bear or penguin. I want to look like the character I designed. I understand there are Transparency scrolls somewhere that can be bought to avoid this look, but I'm not sure where to find them. From what I've read elsewhere, it seems that they must be purchased with real money as well. Is this true? I can't even find the place where I need to look to buy them. 

Is there no way of accessing these scrolls without paying money? 

3. I am currently level 47. Will I have the chance to get a mount at some point? Or have I missed it somewhere? 

4. I am confused about the gold ingot/bar system. I don't understand the purpose of this or how it is supposed to help the economy. If anything, it feels like inflation has occurred over the years. To make a legion, I need over 6 million kinah (what?how will I earn that much...like ever...to have as pocket money to make a legion with my friend?) Maybe I'm just missing something again. Is there a steady consistent way of earning money available to players now? Before, it was just dungeons and getting extremely lucky with drops...maybe crafting if you had the sanity or patience, but I haven't even touched the new crafting system so I have no idea if that will even be useful. 

If anyone could give me some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.   

28 minutes ago, HestiaCranel-EK said:

Hey everyone, 

I'm coming back after a few years, and needless to say I am very lost. The last time I played was before housing and when the level cap was 50.

I've attempted to ask questions in chat and such, but nobody really responds. The game feels sort of empty, but maybe that's just because everyone is already split up into their legions and personal groups and such and doesn't want to be bothered with answering questions in gen chat.

Hopefully someone will reply positively here on the forums, so here goes: 

1. Is there a way of earning Luna through dailies or something similar? Or is Luna a pay only currency? I'm confused because there are also Black Cloud Coins now, so that would make two separate real money only currencies (what?why?) Luna bundles cost quite a bit of money, which makes me wonder why a single teleport costs 40-80 Luna...either I'm missing something or this game really is just that greedy. 

2. I hate the transformation potions. I think I mostly grasp the transformation system, but I truly dislike the way they all look so far. I don't want to be a poorly textured polar bear or penguin. I want to look like the character I designed. I understand there are Transparency scrolls somewhere that can be bought to avoid this look, but I'm not sure where to find them. From what I've read elsewhere, it seems that they must be purchased with real money as well. Is this true? I can't even find the place where I need to look to buy them. 

Is there no way of accessing these scrolls without paying money? 

3. I am currently level 47. Will I have the chance to get a mount at some point? Or have I missed it somewhere? 

4. I am confused about the gold ingot/bar system. I don't understand the purpose of this or how it is supposed to help the economy. If anything, it feels like inflation has occurred over the years. To make a legion, I need over 6 million kinah (what?how will I earn that much...like ever...to have as pocket money to make a legion with my friend?) Maybe I'm just missing something again. Is there a steady consistent way of earning money available to players now? Before, it was just dungeons and getting extremely lucky with drops...maybe crafting if you had the sanity or patience, but I haven't even touched the new crafting system so I have no idea if that will even be useful. 

If anyone could give me some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.   

1. Luna is pay currency, though sometimes they are given in events. I wouldn't count on that, though. You can, however, do your daily and weekly luna instances that give the items you craft with. Do those each day/week and you will have stacks of those pretty quickly.

2. Transparent scrolls can be purchased with real money, but you can also buy them with kinah on the broker. You can also get 20 out of your 7x daily luna reward box. Though keep in mind that they don't work with the potions. They work with the transform contracts.

3. No. Mounts are harder to get get now. You can craft temporary ones in luna, but it is looking like the perma ones are bought with real money. Perhaps they will be added in events, so keep you eyes out for that.

4. The ingots were introduced, we believe in order to take some kinah out of the system to combat inflation. As a new player (basically), they won't impact you much. The cost of making a legion is high. I believe this was put in to stop people from making tons of alts legions, but that hasn't been confirmed. For now you might just be better off joining an existing legion. I farmed mobs near our home base in Lakrum for an hour or so while I was in the queue for dredg and ID. I made about 300k (which is one change of stigmas.. go me! lol) and a handful of the crafting guiding stones (which I could sell but am actually keeping to craft). I sell my transparent scrolls that I get from my 7x daily luna. I find I am holding steady with kinah and that's even with enchanting costs and having to swtich stigmas so often. You aren't going to make bank right away, but just watch what you spend and collect and sell everything.

5 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

1. Luna is pay currency, though sometimes they are given in events. I wouldn't count on that, though. You can, however, do your daily and weekly luna instances that give the items you craft with. Do those each day/week and you will have stacks of those pretty quickly.

2. Transparent scrolls can be purchased with real money, but you can also buy them with kinah on the broker. You can also get 20 out of your 7x daily luna reward box. Though keep in mind that they don't work with the potions. They work with the transform contracts.

3. No. Mounts are harder to get get now. You can craft temporary ones in luna, but it is looking like the perma ones are bought with real money. Perhaps they will be added in events, so keep you eyes out for that.

4. The ingots were introduced, we believe in order to take some kinah out of the system to combat inflation. As a new player (basically), they won't impact you much. The cost of making a legion is high. I believe this was put in to stop people from making tons of alts legions, but that hasn't been confirmed. For now you might just be better off joining an existing legion. I farmed mobs near our home base in Lakrum for an hour or so while I was in the queue for dredg and ID. I made about 300k (which is one change of stigmas.. go me! lol) and a handful of the crafting guiding stones (which I could sell but am actually keeping to craft). I sell my transparent scrolls that I get from my 7x daily luna. I find I am holding steady with kinah and that's even with enchanting costs and having to swtich stigmas so often. You aren't going to make bank right away, but just watch what you spend and collect and sell everything.

Thank you for taking the time to write this! I sincerely appreciate your help!

Archived