Weekly Server Maintenance - November 21, 2018

Cyan

this is not a war between those who play fresh and legacy, it's just an attempt to make instantiated pvp more fun for all players who play fresh. it is annoying to often get into pvp, and after one or two fights, your group decides to drop the keyboard because it can not do enough damage. I like what they did, now items +1 +2 +3 only increase pvp attack / defense, this helps, but, doesn't solve ^^

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, LophT-DN said:

Ibought my acc in 2009, $99,00, azphel time, 

Thank you for proving my point.

Couldn't even bother leveling and gearing your own character. You needed a short-cut.. an easy way to have it right now rather than actually, you know, playing legit. Your hands are so not tied! Just like before, you could just pay someone for their already geared account. Problem solved.

And you keep ignoring the fact that many on EK have managed to gear themselves up enough to beat many premades from the old servers. Why haven't you?

Just now, Aly-DN said:

Thank you for proving my point.

Couldn't even bother leveling and gearing your own character. You needed a short-cut.. an easy way to have it right now rather than actually, you know, playing legit. Your hands are so not tied! Just like before, you could just pay someone for their already geared account. Problem solved.

And you keep ignoring the fact that many on EK have managed to gear themselves up enough to beat many premades from the old servers. Why haven't you?

I did not say that I have tied hands O.o

I'm talking about ncwest and Ncsoft Kr team ^^

Just now, LophT-DN said:

I did not say that I have tied hands O.o

I'm talking about ncwest and Ncsoft Kr team ^^

29 minutes ago, LophT-DN said:

agree.

It's often complicated to have your hands tied ^^

I'm not talking about a lie, the events of the thin version 5.8 gave a lot of resources to the players that stayed active, as I said, I even took a lot of these resources in danaria, stigmas +9, kinah, many enchants, many temperings, etc.

Unfortunately, when you catch someone playing a fresh server and put face-to-face with a legacy server, the difference is huge, since the best way to get enchants is in instantiated pvps. we can no longer enchant gear pvp with enchants dropped in the dungeons, this generated a certain balance years ago when they launched the kharun, the beritra, etc. ^^

Yeah. You did. Just like you said you bought your account, so you aren't all that concerned with doing things legit.

Just now, Azzmaria-KT said:

what about avoiding mixing players from all the servers? well, probably the biggest issue about that is the amount of players wanting to do an instance at the same moment in each server. I can imagine that our waiting times can be much bigger if we can only play with people from our server. We had to chose between being able to play something without waiting 30-40 mins or having a similar enemy team on the oposite side. Actually NCwest tried some options for this and none of them worked totally fine

The game came here in the eastern shape. Not sure if even koreans like how it is now. And as some people here said, it is really hard to get changes just for us. We can only have hopes with small things like rates or bugs or minor settings. It is pointless to ask Cyan about changes in the maps, instances, trasnformations or other big things. I guess Cyan is reading what we say. But in some point over him, the messages are lost. They never reach somebody with power. Or maybe they do, but that people just do not care. Actually I can imagine that is becoming so frustrating for Cyan what he have to do and what he can do. He probably hates many of us and is thinking "why I did not take that other job when I had the chance?"

agree.

It's often complicated to have your hands tied ^^

it is really hard to get changes just for us, cause tied hands ^^

18 hours ago, LophT-DN said:

the people who are playing on the EK server are going into evergale, idgel dome and dredgion almost always to be beaten by the old server players, it is horrible to get legendary enchants and upgrade pvp gear. Does NCSoft intend to do anything about this problem?

another thing, you said that I hid myself behind 2 words, different from what you said, I am one of the few who comes here to speak openly, even if using google translator, I come to talk about what isn't fun for most of the players of EK, one of the few voices that comes here without fear of receiving free hate :)

I didn't come here to try to silence anyone who disagrees with me.

2 hours ago, LophT-DN said:

:... forum serves as a channel of communication with the company, as well as tickets and private messages. You can comment on all messages, no one is censoring you here, just making it clear that the message has been addressed to someone who might be able to carry it along ^^..."

I wish that the higher-ups in both Korea and NA READ and RESPONDED the forums, instead of wondering why so many players are unhappy and are leaving the game in droves.   We also need more communication from people on Cyan's level.  We players don't function in a vacuum.

11 hours ago, Annay-DN said:

Also, people asking to be able to buy shards.. The game is forcing you to get shards farming because that's needed to keep a healthy economy in relation to the guiding stones, since those are needed to make the ultimate pvp gear and thus fill the potential gaps between the players, and also to purify the genesis gear. Developers didn't design this update with arbitrary decisions, everytime you people ask for NCsoft to change something like adding more kinah, it changes the balance fixing some stuff but breaking others. Think! ffs!xD

Power shards aren't the way Korea intended and more than likely, NA had not the faintest idea what it was toying with when it made the changes it did. "The game" isn't forcing you to do anything, it's localization gone badly. Every other region has power shards in their kinah shop for extremely cheap. Every single other region except us. Including the Korean servers which is for whom the game was actually designed. Their crafting/guiding stone market is doing perfectly fine without forcing everyone to grind mobs for hours every day if they want to pvp (or even pve) effectively.

You have to grind shards for one hour to pvp non-stop for 5min. You have to grind shards for hours for one Beritra iDD boss fight. Or yanno, just queue yourself against pugs/your alt from the opposite faction and buy Luna buff for every single PvE instance you run instead, amirite ? Problem solved.

How hard is it to add shards back to the gold sand shop as it was initially intended by the damn creators of the game instead of making the game harder for this region ? They've already proven they can add items to the sand shop that weren't even there on the Korean client so like ?? Please ???

7 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

Did you just admit, in this public Aion forum, of RMT by buying an Aion account from someone else? I believe so. 

*cough cough* @Cyan

Everybody bought the game in the year 2009 he said account but I think he meant the game. If you wanted to play AION in 2009 you needed to buy it at that time you had to buy the game and pay a monthly subscription to play Aion there was no free to play. I miss that tho.

56 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

Did you just admit, in this public Aion forum, of RMT by buying an Aion account from someone else? I believe so. 

*cough cough* @Cyan

friend, in 2009, NCSoft was marketing the game for $ 99.00, I bought the key at NCWest, is there something wrong with that?

duh >.<

2 hours ago, FlamingYadda-KT said:

Everybody bought the game in the year 2009 he said account but I think he meant the game. If you wanted to play AION in 2009 you needed to buy it at that time you had to buy the game and pay a monthly subscription to play Aion there was no free to play. I miss that tho.

yeap, as I said earlier in the post, I'm not a US citizen, I'm a BR, was born and live in Brazil, and I'm using google translator to try to communicate better with the CM here in the forum. English is not my native language, Portuguese is.

Thanks for letting them know what I'm trying to say, I appreciate your help :)

3 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Aion was never $99. I think the deluxe edition thing was $60. The normal version was much less.

The Brazilian real is approximately 1/3 the value of the dollar. It's plausible he bought the base version with the exchange rate. Nevertheless, the amount is still odd, because games cost significantly more in Brazil than they do in the U.S., so technically, he should've been paying much more. Would be nice if other Brazilian players weighed in on this.

Just now, Forgotten-DN said:

The Brazilian real is approximately 1/3 the value of the dollar. It's plausible he bought the base version with the exchange rate. Nevertheless, the amount is still odd, because games cost significantly more in Brazil than they do in the U.S., so technically, he should've been paying much more. Would be nice if other Brazilian players weighed in on this.

just forgot the R on "R$", real was 1/2 the value of dollar in 2009. today it would cost more.

@Aly-DN I can provide a copy or photo of my identification documents to prove to the company, if it requests, the authenticity of the account, it is enough only to ncwest confront my documents with the purchase data that it has in its files :)

different from many aion players currently, not making a mension to A or B in the forum, I have been a customer of ncsoft for years, when the game was paid, and there was a monthly fee. Good time also, if you compare to the last years, when the game was paid, the impression it gives, is that the company paid much more attention to it, we didn't see many reports of hacker for example, just remember to see some waves of ban for botting. I paid to play since 2009, as some players here who are still active in the game, don't know the logic of buying a third-party account, and pay monthly to play, knowing that this would be banishable.

I thank the people who see my limitation, especially in relation to the language, and do not try to create a situation to harm me for nothing :)

as I said, the day that ncwest wants to look at my name, date of birth, identity, it is enough for the company to ask me to take pleasure in sending a ticket with all the necessary information for the company.

On 11/21/2018 at 1:20 PM, Azzmaria-KT said:

I think we are facing hard times in the game. IMO, for us, the players, is not a good idea to fight each other in this way. Of course we all have different opinions about what is right and what is not.

I agree. The constant fighting back and forth is not healthy for the community. I know some of the newbies and returning users can be trying with their demands and questions, but they are just uninformed and are trying to get answers. Also, I am tired of seeing veterans bashing other veterans as if they need to prove something. It is okay to share your experiences and opinions  -- please do -- but you should be able to do it without throwing insults and degrading someone else. I'm not trying to be the forum police here or anything. I'm just asking for some civility.

Happy Thanksgiving

10 hours ago, LophT-DN said:

different from many aion players currently, not making a mension to A or B in the forum, I have been a customer of ncsoft for years, when the game was paid, and there was a monthly fee. Good time also, if you compare to the last years, when the game was paid, the impression it gives, is that the company paid much more attention to it, we didn't see many reports of hacker for example, just remember to see some waves of ban for botting. I paid to play since 2009, as some players here who are still active in the game, don't know the logic of buying a third-party account, and pay monthly to play, knowing that this would be banishable.

I thank the people who see my limitation, especially in relation to the language, and do not try to create a situation to harm me for nothing :)

as I said, the day that ncwest wants to look at my name, date of birth, identity, it is enough for the company to ask me to take pleasure in sending a ticket with all the necessary information for the company.

2 hours ago, FlamingYadda-KT said:

You people are so very suspicious English is not my language either. Just as an example, I still have my ticket of when I bought Aion I will show you how much I paid for the game. I live in Australia and at that time the game was a bit expensive compared to the American one. :)

b7ji28.jpg

Aly and her buddies reaching pretty hard here with those false accusations and got rekt.

just look at how English is being written by me, that you will know that google translator is doing the service. Using this as the basis for making accusations is going too far u.u

Everyone who has ever used the translator knows how it works, and sometimes the text misinterprets.

Have a great day, I'm not an assiduous user of the forum, and it's sad to come here to try some contact and end up being hostile but anyway, the forum is for any user of ncwest, it's part of it.

It turns out to be funny a person with more than 1700 messages in the forum hinting that I don't have gear to face people from other servers by being in the forum crying instead of equipping myself. I come to the forum sometimes to have some fun, rarely, or, as in this case, when I believe it is necessary.

Cy

I could not give two or three reasons why people leave this game, because they are so many, I do not know who the idea was, but this patch is a terrible bad decision. The only good thing I have seen in the change, have been the new skills, otherwise everything is garbage, the economy, the tradeo, the broker's tax, the price of the coins, the transformations, the skins, the events, the change of moon rewards ... All a reverend shit

@LophT-DN I apologize for accusing you of buying your account rather than creating it legit. When you said "account" you meant "game" and that was my misunderstanding.

That being said, players on EK have managed to gear themselves sufficiently in order to beat pre-mades from other servers. They have the same or better gear than the exchange gear that the old servers have. We have heard of extreme pay2win on EK. We have even heard about at least one player there being given exchange gear, which is a betrayal of everything the fresh start server and exchange gear was advertised to be. Hopefully NCWest will clear that up and remove that gear. But those don't account for every decently geared player on EK. 

Your original point was that EK shouldn't have to compete in PvP instances with the players from other servers because it is harder to win against exchange gear. Those on EK went there for a fresh start knowing it would be more difficult. Knowing they wouldn't have access to their old kinah banks. Knowing they wouldn't have access to a server full of stigmas. Knowing they wouldn't have access to exchange gear or other players in exchange gear willing to carry them while they gear (in PvP and in PvE). Any older player who chose to reroll there knew that they would be up against premades from the older servers with exchange gear and that, at least at first, would get their bottoms kicked in PvP. You asked NCWest to do something about that. To do something about your choices and what you knew was going to be a harder road. 

You knew EK was going to be harder when it came to PvP instances. Don't complain now that it is hard.

Archived