Weekly Server Maintenance - November 21, 2018

Cyan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Aly-DN

P2w is very strong in EK since start, in fact. My first server days(1º to 5º), I saw several players raising stigmas, resorting solely to the cash shop.

I've heard rumors about EK players with ultimate gear, similar to what the KT and DN exchanged in the current version, but I didn't know the name of any guy with this gear, I just heard some guys complaining in the LFG chat about it, they are talking about Zephyr(elyos legion) gear i think, dunno.

I understand perfectly the gear in EK stay low than old servers; as you said, the server is new, what I don't understand is that the biggest source of enchants is the pvp instances between servers, because this doesn't sound very fair, you know?

my char is a bit above the average server, he is with gear +10 ancient, legendary weapon +12, all stigmas (regular) for pvp, is well equipped since my only investment in cash shop is the prestige pack . I can kill a lot of players on my server. The problem is when we start facing people and other servers, we cause 1~2k damage, we get 4~10k (in cloth). 

In evergale, we can often deal with this, just don't face a premade, but in a Dred, for example, it is very difficult to compete, because those who are stronger always rush the bosses. Most of the time we leave empty hands of the dred because of the difference of gear, the same happens in idgel dome, and the evolution of the gear ends up being very slow in the EK server.

I remember that over the years ncwest used the faction incentives to balance the servers internally, could give incentives to those who play in the EK for example, nothing exaggerated, had a slightly better drop rate of manastones, I don't know, something that would help the most competitive players, you know?

I think ncwest will not admit it ever but, the new server has already emptied a lot since the day it opened haha

Of course it's emptier. EK was a mistake. Just like Beritra was a mistake. Wait until it empties more and a good portion of those that rerolled on EK return to their home servers. That is exactly what happened to BR. Our player base doesn't support three servers and NCWest doesn't advertise Aion, so there would be few new players.

The pay2win should not have surprised you. Some of those players who came to the forums crying for a new server because they wanted a "fresh start" really meant that they wanted to be able to drop $5,000 and outgear everyone, rather than dropping the same and being at the same gear level as those who had been playing continually and so got exchange gear. They weren't looking for equality. They were looking for a lower bar so that they could jump over it and be kings on the server.

We are headed for a merge. Let's hope that it takes NCWest a year+ to do it so those of us on the old servers don't have to have our game lives thrown into disarray over what anyone with half a brain knew was a mistake.

31 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Nah, KT asmo has about the same ammount of people that EK has at prime time. It was not a mistake its going fine. A mistake is to invest in a game life to the point that can be thrown disarray.

Good to know. When the merge comes, EK can merge with KT.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:19 AM, Aly-DN said:

That being said, players on EK have managed to gear themselves sufficiently in order to beat pre-mades from other servers. They have the same or better gear than the exchange gear that the old servers have.

Wut? Do you actually think about what you post? I'm sure EK players have managed to win occasionally. But the fact of the matter is that EK players started the patch with no gear or kinah (and zero points in Aetherforging) and KT/DN players started with anywhere between no gear + no kinah and ultimate gear + nyerkton of kinah. Therefore, EK players are expected to lose most matches.

Even at this point in time, I highly doubt any EK player has legitimately obtained GC ultimate gear. I don't know why you're claiming EK players "have the same or better gear than the exchange gear that the old servers have."

We ha0ve even heard about at least one player there being given exchange gear, which is a betrayal of everything the fresh start server and exchange gear was advertised to be. Hopefully NCWest will clear that up and remove that gear. But those don't account for every decently geared player on EK.

Yeah that's one instance on EK. That doesn't mean that a significant proportion of EK players are geared.

Your original point was that EK shouldn't have to compete in PvP instances with the players from other servers because it is harder to win against exchange gear. Those on EK went there for a fresh start knowing it would be more difficult. Knowing they wouldn't have access to their old kinah banks. Knowing they wouldn't have access to a server full of stigmas. Knowing they wouldn't have access to exchange gear or other players in exchange gear willing to carry them while they gear (in PvP and in PvE). Any older player who chose to reroll there knew that they would be up against premades from the older servers with exchange gear and that, at least at first, would get their bottoms kicked in PvP. You asked NCWest to do something about that. To do something about your choices and what you knew was going to be a harder road. 

You knew EK was going to be harder when it came to PvP instances. Don't complain now that it is hard.

Who cares about "knowing what they were in for"? Knowing and wanting are two different things. Players went to EK looking for (i.e. wanting) a fresh start and fair pvp. The only part that isn't fair is cross server content. If we can give them what they actually wanted, then why don't we?

Do you think it's fun for EK players or beneficial for the game's population for EK players to pvp at a significant disadvantage in cross server pvp? The answer is clearly no but it seems you and a couple others dgaf for whatever reason.

The only legit reason for maintaining the status quo that was brought up in a thread specifically regarding this topic (i.e. EK cross server pvp) was longer queue times. I haven't seen any other valid reason for maintaining the status quo but you're welcome to tell me how the status quo is more beneficial than the alternative.

12 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Of course it's emptier. EK was a mistake. Just like Beritra was a mistake. Wait until it empties more and a good portion of those that rerolled on EK return to their home servers. That is exactly what happened to BR. Our player base doesn't support three servers and NCWest doesn't advertise Aion, so there would be few new players.

If our player base doesn't support three servers, it's because the 6.2 patch is nyerk (and NC has been too slow to react to feedback). The mistake isn't EK itself. Players were given exchange gear on KT/DN. EK was announced last-minute (after NC led everyone to believe there would be no new server) and wasn't even the recommended server on the server list when the patch hit. So EK was poorly supported and advertised and had to deal with a huge gear and kinah discrepancy from the get-go in cross server content. Then add on top of that the mess 6.2 created with the unpopular transformation system, economy/kinah/broker issues, low enchantment rates, removal of nyerkton of maps and instances with nothing good to compensate, removal of crafts, inability to trade stuff even between your own toons on the same account, etc. If you're gonna point fingers, point them in the right direction.

The pay2win should not have surprised you. Some of those players who came to the forums crying for a new server because they wanted a "fresh start" really meant that they wanted to be able to drop $5,000 and outgear everyone, rather than dropping the same and being at the same gear level as those who had been playing continually and so got exchange gear.

If you're talking about that Unbeatable guy, you should realize by now he was trolling you. I highly doubt he's stupid enough to be gifted ultimate exchange gear from NCSoft employees and then tell everyone about it on the forums. Also, other posters (who play on EK) have already said he's not as geared as you think he is.

p2w? We can buy legendary pvp stones now? What kind of p2w are we talking about here?

They weren't looking for equality. They were looking for a lower bar so that they could jump over it and be kings on the server.

Sounds to me like you're reaching.

We are headed for a merge. Let's hope that it takes NCWest a year+ to do it so those of us on the old servers don't have to have our game lives thrown into disarray over what anyone with half a brain knew was a mistake.

The irony is that it's players like you that cause merges.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived