Forums

Letter to NCSoft

Basia-DN

I used to like flying around in the abyss and places too. How are you going to have wings but you can't fly anywhere? That's like having a sword but you can't fight anything with it. They literally took everything good about this game out of it. Now what we're left with is just a cracked shell of what Aion used to be. Yo, NCsoft, mmorpgs are supposed to get bigger over time not smaller. No use crying about it, no matter what we say they will not listen. Just find a different game to play when you're bored. There is just way too much wrong with 6.2. Maybe in the future they will have new maps you can fly on and have fun, but I doubt it, if it is a good idea, you can count on NCsoft to not do it, they will do the opposite of a good idea.

12 hours ago, SunwheelGreen-KT said:

Oh, then when will 7.0 start here on NA?

What is PWI? Another flying game??

PWI = Perfect World International - yes it's an open world, free flight game. (Elves fly from level 1, the rest at level 10) Fast flight needs an energy charge but, normal speed flight is unlimited anywhere in the world. You can choose to teleport or fly to new locations (zones) You can also swim and, one race even had an underwater form that speed swimming a lot.

It's more or less what Aion could have been. PvP instanced and open world BUT, you can choose PvE and, unless you enable PK, you can't be ganked. There are mounts, skins, wardrobe, auction house, bank, all of it. It's what I wish Aion were if they hadn't deleted 90% of the game.

On 11/22/2018 at 11:56 AM, FlamingYadda-KT said:

I started to play AION just because I could fly, I wish I could fly at least close to the towns/city without any time limit. I made a songweaver just because I could fly without any timer we songweavers had a nice skill for that. :)

If we could fly everywhere free, no timer, we could go everywhere and the teleporter would go out of business :) Obvious no fighting when flying but it would be fun... fun.... and more fun. :P

You say some good things, but "no fighting when flying" I don't agree, cause flying combat was my favourite type of combat!

22 hours ago, Kailor-DN said:

It's more or less what Aion could have been. PvP instanced and open world BUT, you can choose PvE and, unless you enable PK, you can't be ganked. There are mounts, skins, wardrobe, auction house, bank, all of it. It's what I wish Aion were if they hadn't deleted 90% of the game.

Meh they ruined pw too 100x more p2w than aion

I've played since launch and of all the unique things Aion offered, flight was not the best. Sure it was fun to fly around the abyss from fort to fort, and it gave another aspect to the game, but the actual combat during flight was pretty bad. It ruined a lot of mechanics for each class. Ranger for example relied a lot back then on being faster than your opponent, jump shotting and slide shotting skills to stay out of range, etc. This was all removed when you entered flight combat.

GLIDING ON THE OTHER HAND.

I love gliding. When I first got level 10 and started questing in Altgard, I spent half my time finding neat places to get to and glide from. Ended up finding an interest in mountain climbing and would reach crazy spots on the map you probably shouldn't have gotten to, just so I could glide down. ahh good times.

NCS appear to think we still have flying according to the information they give on the website, when you go to the 'About the Game' page it says:

Ascend into Battle

Soar on your own wings! Flight adds a new aspect to combat, quests, exploration, and harvesting. Windstreams in high-level zones allow you to travel faster with unlimited flight time. Fight spectacular one-on-one and group battles, and engage enemies in both PvE and PvP combat. Use combos, skill chains, counterattacks, and stunning aerial tactics to defeat your foes.

Looks like false advertising to me, flight adds a new aspect to quests? Exploration? Harvesting? Not any more it doesn't! Fight spectacular battles and engage enemies in both PvE and PvP combat? Do they mean Divine siege? 

Welcome To Aion

Take flight as a winged warrior in the middle of a massive war in Aion, a stunning massively multiplayer online roleplaying game

What is worse they are still giving flight prominence as a game mechanic when it literally no longer exists, more realistic would be:

Welcome To Aion

Take flight as a winged FURRY TOON in the middle of a ONCE A WEEK war in Aion, a stunning massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (as long as you like roleplaying as a cartoon character or have a penguin fetish)

12 hours ago, Supvolcom-DN said:

I've played since launch and of all the unique things Aion offered, flight was not the best. Sure it was fun to fly around the abyss from fort to fort, and it gave another aspect to the game, but the actual combat during flight was pretty bad. It ruined a lot of mechanics for each class. Ranger for example relied a lot back then on being faster than your opponent, jump shotting and slide shotting skills to stay out of range, etc. This was all removed when you entered flight combat.

GLIDING ON THE OTHER HAND.

I love gliding. When I first got level 10 and started questing in Altgard, I spent half my time finding neat places to get to and glide from. Ended up finding an interest in mountain climbing and would reach crazy spots on the map you probably shouldn't have gotten to, just so I could glide down. ahh good times.

I'm with you. I loved flight in this game. Just not in combat (especially melee flight combat..nyerk that).

On 11/29/2018 at 0:44 AM, Psyweaver-KT said:

Welcome To Aion

Take flight as a winged warrior in the middle of a massive war in Aion, a stunning massively multiplayer online roleplaying game

What is worse they are still giving flight prominence as a game mechanic when it literally no longer exists, more realistic would be:

Welcome To Aion

Take flight as a winged FURRY TOON in the middle of a ONCE A WEEK war in Aion, a stunning massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (as long as you like roleplaying as a cartoon character or have a penguin fetish)

Take flight in Divine Siege? I thought, it was only gliding(while you cannot fight) and then fighting on the ground after landing. BTW how to get to it now?

I totally agree it's a failure of Aion to take the flight away! Give us back normal flying siege as was on 5.x, especially early patches when we had pvp siege on all regular fortresses, no reset to the Balaur, when we had both siege and defense processes, and the fight was in the sky between Asmodians and Elyos! That was most beautiful! Also, we could group ourselves in alliances and leagues like we wanted, move characters between groups so friends and members of same legion could stay together, which was taken away when NCSoft implemented the Coalition!  Some lag was always there, but it didn't decrease, even oppositely, became more critical when they made the siege pve-only and in Coalition. I upgraded my computer but it didn't help to reduce the lag, the CPU was 13% busy in Norsvold and framerate=18! Then, the farther the worse - they cropped and "simplified" the game but the lag in Lakrum is still heavier than it was in Abyss on siege and Norsvold, it gives terrible glitches, stripes over the screen, characters become all gray, and my processor Intel i7-8700 is like below 20% busy instead of working! :( For whom do they do all of these stupid things?? For people with poor computers? For people who don't like to fly? For Rangers that complain that jump-shot doesn't work in flight, while 40 other skills work?? For simple-minded random new players? Do they really hope that people with poor computers and simple-minded random new players will buy anything on BCM??? People with poor computers won't buy anything because they are poor or not game-oriented (maybe they spend money on other things), random simple-minded new players will possibly come and go, will get afraid when seeing the lag and won't buy anything significant, again. But by betraying old devoted players NCSoft loses everything! :(

The mechanics for Divine Siege have changed, you can now fly anywhere on the map as long as you have enchanted your wings to give you more than the base 1 min flight time, if not you will probably only make it from the starting base to the ground!

You get to Divine by using the portal that spawns next to the big Jotun in Lakrum about 30 mins (or an hour - not sure) before the siege starts, no more coalitions either, sieges have reverted back to the old method of self made alliances/leagues.

As for the lag and the horrible yellow spikey balls that flash, most notably in Lakrum, E.C and sieges, this is due to the NCS servers being unable to cope with the server population. My PC is high end and runs graphic intensive games with no problem but Aion brings it to its knees, I have to shift/F12 just to AFK in Lakrum!

Archived