Forums

P2W much?

GenericUser22498

30 minutes ago, Cozy-EK said:

Thanks for the update. A legion member made a ticket regarding players other than the one mentioned in this thread having compensation gear. They received a response today that indicated the reported players did have compensation gear. What should we believe in this case? Were other items such as tempering solutions and omega enchantment stones checked to see if players were able to move those over and exchange for purple PVP enchantment stones? 

Can we get a screenshot of that response from Support? I am not sure that Support can tell us what gear another player has. That would be against their normal rules, but then again.. giving exchange gear on the new server was a no-no, too.

If Support confirmed that more items were given outside of the one player we know about and Hime has said that there wasn't, that would be a pretty big deal. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aion Team

Just to follow up, we've verified that no other characters on the server have or currently have these items. I've followed up with the ticket in question to verify. 

Thank you!

P.S. I've also removed a few posts in this thread that has derailed it from the original topic. 

1 hour ago, Shaperz-DN said:

Not to mention that streamer from DN, Sgtsneky something like that joined EK server this week and had the kinah to buy a 400m ultimate masterwork polearm in the broker, i wonder how.

Can @Cyan  and @Hime investigate the source of this guy kinah to make 400m in 1 week?

Simple, Lockboxes..... This has always been Aion's problem and will always continue to be as long as there are people willing to buy them.

TLDR: Buy hundreds of lockboxes, open to get kinah bundles and use lockbox coins to buy more bundles.... open with some rng to get 10's to 100's mill of kinah.

18 hours ago, Jaimie-KT said:

Thanksgiving was last Thursday.... It's now Tuesday.  The "long weekend" is now over.  ;)

Doesn't change the fact that people gotta be a bit more patient and take into account that there are also holidays for the people who work for NCSoft. :P 

Also, you never were in the situation when you get back into the office and have a bunch of e-mails to catch up with? Takes like a day to do so. Speaking out of experience.

Also thankies @Cyan and @Hime for confirming it was an error and not just giving out gear like some people jumped into conculsions...

While you're at it, you could check the broker to find out why known players (mains, ranked, geared) are putting low cost items for sale at ridiculous prices, like an Ancient Guiding Stone for 2 billion kinah. We've all seen the bots so RMT is still a thing. We can see it on public display now, should be easier for a GM to check these and take action.

3 minutes ago, Aislinng-DN said:

While you're at it, you could check the broker to find out why known players (mains, ranked, geared) are putting low cost items for sale at ridiculous prices, like an Ancient Guiding Stone for 2 billion kinah. We've all seen the bots so RMT is still a thing. We can see it on public display now, should be easier for a GM to check these and take action.

Don't worry man, on DN Asmo someone put Boundless accessories for 10b.

3 minutes ago, Andeddo-KT said:

That's all? They said it was an error, never what kind of error and how it came to be. They said they removed that item. Is that all it takes to convince you guys?

I wouldn't be surprised if Support did this error. "Hey guys I need this item on the new server, would it be okay?" "Yeah sure man, here you go."

Just now, Kubei-DN said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Support did this error. "Hey guys I need this item on the new server, would it be okay?" "Yeah sure man, here you go."

I agree... And that Cozy dude is Elyo, why would he lie when he said his legion mates reported different players on their side having similar items? He has nothing to gain from this. So how can Jirachi's item be ''single instance''?

Well. We wanted answers and we got them. I get it. I am finding it hard to believe that only one person had the stones large enough to ask for exchange gear on EK or was lucky enough to ask and get the one pants-on-head guy at Support who thought it would be a good idea to give it out. But that is what we are being told.

With the lack of further proof that there was other gear given out, I guess this is done.

Hopefully the NCWest bean-counters learned something and will keep a closer eye on Support.

16 hours ago, Cyan said:

Just to follow up, we've verified that no other characters on the server have or currently have these items. I've followed up with the ticket in question to verify. 

Thank you!

P.S. I've also removed a few posts in this thread that has derailed it from the original topic. 

Can you check if other players on other servers might have ill gotten gains too then?

7 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Doesn't change the fact that people gotta be a bit more patient and take into account that there are also holidays for the people who work for NCSoft. :P 

Also, you never were in the situation when you get back into the office and have a bunch of e-mails to catch up with? Takes like a day to do so. Speaking out of experience.

Keep in mind, I have a job that requires me to work whether it's a "holiday" or not  ;)  So I have to give answers to questions regardless of the day  lol.

And I might be speaking out of turn here, but I imagine the people on EK (and to an extent KT and DN as well) were hoping this would be the first thing addressed when the office was back open, considering it was brought forward prior to the holiday. 

Jesus christ, it was confirmed by Cyan that no other person on the server has had compensation gear. No wonder rates of mental health illness are through the roof in North America. Most of you could easily pass with a personality borderline disorder if I had to do an MSE on you. Paranoid. Conspiracy theories? You guys got it all for perfect psych patients.

4 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Jesus christ, it was confirmed by Cyan that no other person on the server has had compensation gear. No wonder rates of mental health illness are through the roof in North America. Most of you could easily pass with a personality borderline disorder if I had to do an MSE on you. Paranoid. Conspiracy theories? You guys got it all for perfect psych patients.

Funny how you assumed everyone here is from North America...This right here tells us more about you than you think you know about people here. ''it was confirmed by Cyan'' should that mean something? How about someone not biased? Let me remind you(since it appears to me that you have a memory of goldfish) NCsoft West is in North America and most of their employees(if not all) are from NA. So people you're shitting on now, are same people you're defending. All people are asking for is proof, that this matter is solved, that's all. No one should take a word from GM that obviously picked his side, no offense. 

It was actually confirmed by Hime, who is Cyan's direct supervisor. 

I find it hard to believe that Support screwed this up just once, but I am not sure what proof they can offer us. They can't show us the search. They can only say that they did it, which they did.

What kind of proof are you looking for?

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

It was actually confirmed by Hime, who is Cyan's direct supervisor. 

I find it hard to believe that Support screwed this up just once, but I am not sure what proof they can offer us. They can't show us the search. They can only say that they did it, which they did.

What kind of proof are you looking for?

Disabling blocked details would be a start... if it's all regular and there's nothing to hide. Or better, only option that opposition side can't see your details... So it wouldn't be abused in PvP. I trust most Elyos are trustworthy and honorable people. Like Cozy's legion mate.

Hmm. That would work. Would you want it just on EK or on all the servers?

I can see some unintended consequences. It's going to make gear checks pretty routine and may make getting groups harder for some. Ofc it will also stop people from linking fake gear to get into groups.

I wonder if the player base in general would be ticked off about having that option removed or would they like it for transparency?

3 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Hmm. That would work. Would you want it just on EK or on all the servers?

I can see some unintended consequences. It's going to make gear checks pretty routine and may make getting groups harder for some. Ofc it will also stop people from linking fake gear to get into groups.

I wonder if the player base in general would be ticked off about having that option removed or would they like it for transparency?

That's true, that would be a bad side effect... but for tough instances people are already asking for gear. And those with fake links only waste their and others time by doing so(Since they'd get kicked as soon he shows  incapable of doing things he was invited for. I would put it in all servers, I don't see it as something bad. 

1 hour ago, Andeddo-KT said:

Funny how you assumed everyone here is from North America...This right here tells us more about you than you think you know about people here. ''it was confirmed by Cyan'' should that mean something? How about someone not biased? Let me remind you(since it appears to me that you have a memory of goldfish) NCsoft West is in North America and most of their employees(if not all) are from NA. So people you're shitting on now, are same people you're defending. All people are asking for is proof, that this matter is solved, that's all. No one should take a word from GM that obviously picked his side, no offense. 

You're mentally ill.

If anyone is assuming here it is you. You're assuming that you thought I assumed that the whole population here is North American. Now please re-read my previous post and notice that no where in "No wonder rates of mental health illness are through the roof in North America" does it indicate that I'm assuming anything other than merely stating the fact that mental health within North America is on the rise. Is there direct correlation with implying that the NA population, especially the population of this forum falls under that implied statement of mental health rising levels? Yes. But no where does it imply that the NCwest servers are 100% populated by people from North America. Now can we assume that majority of the players are from North America? Yes. After all, this whole argument wasn't even really implied towards the whole NA population, but rather the population of these forums, which is safe to safe that majority are from North America without even assuming.

Now that's how you shut someone up.

Sit boy.

Archived