do what another NCsoft game did

GenericUser1539

Instead of gretly over simplifying leveling in Aion, do what another NCsoft game did - allow veteran players to create end-game level characters.

This is what Blade and Soul does.My friends who play it are happy to level normally tp learn a new (or new to them) class, then be able to create end-game level characters whenever they want a fresh character without having to level up, again.

• 1 month later...

I don't think we should have to level up anymore.  I am getting two to three levels for quest turn in, no lore that makes sense and nothing else to do.  We should start out at max level and instance and pvp only.  Then devs would only have one map to manage, since they like to destroy previous work.  It would save them time, money, and resources.

16 hours ago, Madrion-KT said:

I don't think we should have to level up anymore.  I am getting two to three levels for quest turn in, no lore that makes sense and nothing else to do.  We should start out at max level and instance and pvp only.  Then devs would only have one map to manage, since they like to destroy previous work.  It would save them time, money, and resources.

Are you kidding?

Really, the quest line became very poor. I played a character created years ago during Homeward Bound, from lev 10, just to see what the new game is. Many campaigns were removed or changed, but what annoyed me most of all was such "quests" that you just come to one npc, then to another, then to third, read some dialogues and the quest is completed. WTF? You don't go to any adventure, don't even go to another place where you would at least look at landscapes, don't see any video cut scenes, don't do anything and your campaign is done. What stupid ugly boring game!! Did they want to make the game easier for players? No, I don't believe, because they intentionally made it more difficult by making almost everything untradeable, removing speed from shoes, stealing our Axelerox, Blitzopan, Castafodin etc scrolls, exchanging them for very little number of Transparent transformation scrolls and transformations that work for only 5-10 min and it's rather difficult to get them! :(

Some of the beauty of Aion is still left. It made Aion an engaging game.

Adding an option for players to chose to skip directly to the end game when creating a new character is a reasonable option that NCsoft has in Blade and Soul.

At least some of the lost beauty can be brought back. The removed areas could be brought back as ruins being rehabilitated. Heck, much of what was was ruins being rehabilitated. Some areas could even have been spared (such as Ardus Shrine and forest, Eracus Temple Cavern and some of the remote parts of Altgard, Morheim and Brusthonin) - and the dregions would likely have survived.

What's currently left of the leveling areas is not much of a training ground for new players.

Archived