AIon 7.0

Sidik-DN

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we can see Ereshkigal is gone for good. Plus, she went out Thanos "I don't feel so good" style. Damn, Beritra played her (and the player, as well, although Atis was some bad disguise. Guess, intended for us to be suspicious about the guy) like a damn fiddle.

Regarding the Dark Lord, seems he is back to the main stage to be dealt for once and all this time (or maybe he'll be this Frieza/Orochimaru type of villain, that'll be kept on for charismatics)

Also, woot with all this "machina" stuff. Really seems like something out of Final Fantasy. I already expect some guy named Cid as easter egg.

I really dislike the way the plot is going. 

Ereshkigal is the most wise among all dragon lords, also her powers are on par with Fregion's. 
She simply CAN'T be fooled or played by Beritra and his - not even genius - tricks

Ereshkigal was my favorite dragon lord. I was expecting more lore content based on her story, life AND ALSO SOME interaction between her and Fregion / or Meslamtaeda. the way she died is damn stupid for someone who is classified as the clever dragon.

this is pure bullshit and the first time i think the game is going in a trashy plot line

bonus: every dragon lord plot focus on dumb relics, like theyre powerful but need powercreep sources... really? 

36 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Someone commented that the new map is basically Tiamaranta revamped lol. Whether that's true or not is yet to be seen, but it seems they're advancing the (ahem) "timeline" a bit forward. 

you mean... they used the same sprites? or the place IS located on tiamaranta?

Gotta say they've alot of information:

Aion 7.0 First Info. New region -natively named "Deumaha"-  catters to Beritra, indeed.  Means "darkness" and used to be the land of Apsu (Beritra's supposed lover). Guess, given all the core meanings to the character, very likely we are going to finish that Dragon Lord plotline next.

https://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/4505-7-0-First-info/?postID=81649#post81649

New map is really packed and seems it'll call for a alot of action all around. Many of these "altars", "artifacts" close to each other

What looks to be the new "Beritranish" armor looks really like Nier: Automata meets Venom/Black Spiderman meets Batman

b22b64a1b5b15ec0b235440ad34f2d4c.png

f74b26a817231d0a413b37d7f9e70c65.png

Credits: Xanoa @GF Aion forums - Linked above.

1 hour ago, Lapis-DN said:

Ereshkigal was my favorite dragon lord. I was expecting more lore content based on her story, life AND ALSO SOME interaction between her and Fregion / or Meslamtaeda. the way she died is damn stupid for someone who is classified as the clever dragon.

Yeah I feel like her character fell flat. She started out as this awesome menacing pair of eyes and an angry voice, very fierce and intense and then she just became a person who slowly floats around in her nighties going  °o° a whole lot.

I did like the bit about the giant glove finding an appropriate wearer though, what with Mr. Burrito's missing hand all that time. That was neat.

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that all the removed maps, (and some other removed content), from pre 6.0 wil be making a "comeback" at some point in the future heralded as "new and exciting" content? Just a hunch.

Also, unless I hear word about them reversing some of their dumber decisions, (like the blanket no trade ANYTHING EVER policy, and not to mention the Find-your-Inner-Furrie nickle and dime scheme), then I dont care what 7.0 brings.

"Ohh pretty armor!" Except it'lll be hidden behind a bugs bunny outfit 99% of the time. YAY!

Well, this gives me hope for Aion's future. Though I'll hold out on just how much hope for now. Also I agree, Ereskegal was/is my favorite Dragon Lord as well, and I'll hate to see her go so soon without knowing more about her. And lastly, I'd have preferred a different Dragon Lord to rise other than Beritra, however I do understand the reasoning here due to prior story content.

I will however be very happy to have a new map to explore whether its a re-hash of Tiamatra or not, it's new content for a game that's currently starving for it. So all in all, it looks like a good thing coming.

9 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Sooo, it was just me that liked Beritra the most? Yeah? No? Alrighty then x: 

I like Beritra but I think he already played his role in this game. He avenged Aspu when he decided not to help Tiamat back in 3.x, he destroyed a lot of maps and planned a big invasion into Atreia. (Aslo, for me, Aspu was just trivia content, not a story worth of spotgliths)

It would be much more interesting if Beritra begged for help to Ereshkigal heal his wound, and then she destroyed him with the blink of an eye. She was imprisoned for an "eternity" in DD and was only released to die once for all. MEH. 

The entire 4.x patch was about Beritra fooling the Daevas to break the seals and release Ereshkigal from DD. But, he wans't trying to help her, he wanted to enslave her and use its magnificent powers for his own will... and now this. 
The entire Ereshkigal lore is about her ressurection and fall, nothing more than this, like she added nothing to the game (except the total destruction of Reshant and other old maps. )
Very underwhelming. 

6 minutes ago, Lapis-DN said:

The entire 4.x patch was about Beritra fooling the Daevas to break the seals and release Ereshkigal from DD. But, he wans't trying to help her, he wanted to enslave her and use its magnificent powers for his own will... and now this. 
The entire Ereshkigal lore is about her ressurection and fall, nothing more than this, like she added nothing to the game (except the total destruction of Reshant and other old maps. )
Very underwhelming. 

Maybe they realized they messed up with that part of the lore and are trying to jump to the next part already.

There's a lot of changes happening for 7.0.

• Most (if not all) Golden Cubicles will no longer be available for broker trade.
  • The exchanges for Bronze and Silver Cubicles won't be available anymore (with the exception of Ereshkigal ones).
  • A lot of items removed. I made a quick spreadsheet here (untranslated names aren't available in NA/EU yet)

From Tier 1 to Tier 2.

• There's no level increase, all stay at level 80 as normal.
  • All current equipment becomes Tier 1, therefore players can now acquire Tier 2 by upgrading (purifying) their equipment. Regardless of the new tiers, old equipment doesn't become useless, but tier 2 adds a slight update. Comparison of T2 Legendary Sword with T1 Ultimate Sword.

120181123163656.png

So, what does this mean? Simply put, T2 Legendary is better than T1 Legendary, but it's not better than T1 Ultimate.

3mQc8Tu.png 

"So players have to farm T2 from scratch?" Not at all. While items become T1 and no longer obtainable, they're not useless as you can simply upgrade them to T2.

320181123163713.png

• From now on, we will adopt this tier concept to protect the existing equipment and also to enable flexible switching to new equipment. Please note that upgrading is not possible for PvE equipment.
  • This "tier" system doesn't only apply to equipment, but to manastones as well. If existing manastone was T1, it will be possible to acquire only the T2 after the update. (However you cannot upgrade the manastones)
  • Players can choose what they please (see image below)

420181123163720.png 

Dumah

Dumah, meaning silence and darkness. This place once belonged to Dragon Lord Apsu but now has become a Stella Industries excavation zone. (Stellusia on the left, Dumah Fortress on the right). Becoming the new center of the story of Aion, players will find out there's 11 altars in Dumah. By capturing 8 altars, players can access the remaining 3.

Dumah Fortress will be only accessible when players have understood the new altar system (as said by the GM here). Stella Industries will play an important lore in Aion's lore.

FddW5LY.png 

az181122520181122165926.jpg

az181122620181122165933.jpg

...Im not sure why people keep comparing the new region with Tiamaranta. If anything, its closer to Theobomos, even Eltnen.

The positioning in the map is kind of interesting however; its right where Kaldor used to be. Surprise surprise, the southern section of the map is a volcanic area. The rest of the map is a progressive turn into a foresty area, much like Kaldor. Not sure if it was intended or not, but its a nice little detail.

52 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

A lot of items removed. I made a quick spreadsheet here (untranslated names aren't available in NA/EU yet)

Is that table complete? :P I wouldnt call that a lot.

New class stigmas (exampled)

gXg6BVU.png

(Bottom left) Normal: Removes any abnormalities that are hanging on you and increases movement speed.
(Bottom middle) Normal: Silences the target for a short period of time
(Bottom right) Normal: Increases the casting time of the target's recovery-related skills and weakens the resilience
(Left) Greater: A cumulative abnormal skill that puts the target into a petrification state. The petrified state duration depends on the skills accumulated stage. 
(Right) Greater: The sprayed paint is transformed into the target and flies towards it. The damage is amplified when hit.
Major: Continuously fire the paint to petrify the target. The petrification state lasts for as long as the skill is being cast.
Vision: Creates a black hole at a specified point and draws all enemies around it based on the center of the black hole. Objects in the black hole continuously receive damage.

26 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

...Im not sure why people keep comparing the new region with Tiamaranta. If anything, its closer to Theobomos, even Eltnen.

The positioning in the map is kind of interesting however; its right where Kaldor used to be. Surprise surprise, the southern section of the map is a volcanic area. The rest of the map is a progressive turn into a foresty area, much like Kaldor. Not sure if it was intended or not, but its a nice little detail.

Is that table complete? :P I wouldnt call that a lot.

Knowing this is NCSOFT, I wouldn't be surprised if more were to come :P 

3 minutes ago, Pikachu-KT said:

So 6.x will be around for less than a year? I haven't even gotten an Ancient Transform yet...

We still have to get 6.5. I'm guessing we will get 7.0 next year around November or December.

1 minute ago, Edmond-KT said:

New cities? New maps? New quests?

There will be quests on the new map.

12 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

So this last till you die or force log out your toon ? Lol

The website just shows the description, so we will get more info about the skills in the next few days. I’m guessing it’ll last just a couple of seconds, similarly to Songweaver’s root skill.

Archived