Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - November 28, 2018

Cyan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

With the way NCsoft runs things right not sure which grind was worse, this or 5.0 leveling grind.

There's just so many things wrong in the patch, half the people here don't have the strength to deal with the bs. At least back in 5.x you could do things, but now it's about clearing everything in 2-3 days top and wait for something to happen.

11 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Vamos ser lembrados de que algumas das coisas solicitadas não estão presentes no patch original de 6,2 kr. É por isso que nunca será entregue. Verdade triste, mas é uma realidade que alguns precisam aceitar.

Some people are very easy to manipulative. If NCS tells him to sit, roll and pretend to be dead. He will do it. I'm not like that. I am a customer who consumes a product and NCS is a company that sells a product. If the taste is bitter I will complain. There is a limit to what we should accept. In AION there are things that do not depend on Korea to be inserted into the game. Let me give examples.

The increase in the success rate of an item.

It is absurd to use 300 stones and not be able to enchant a single item +15 and this does not depend on Korea, but only on the NCSOFT.

What we customers are complaining about are not absurd or impossible things. 

We are not asking NCS to do something different in AION from Korea in the source code. OK! I'd like something like transferring kinah between my characters, but I'm not asking for something like that. I am asking for something basic like the rate of enchantment or that transparent transformation is not so expensive.

Look, these are NCS decisions, not Korea.

We are asking for adjustment for administrative errors and not for the AION source code.

You can't change core mechanics because you want to, NCwest can't just change something that korea didn't changed, they just publish the game here.

If they want to change something need to ask a patch to ncsoft, if they want to change the core mechanics ncsoft can just denied, thats a fact.

We can't ask for something that is technally impossible to ncswest to do, but most of things we ask is doable and they still don't do it, thats the problem.

5 minutes ago, Gwin-DN said:

Some people are very easy to manipulative. If NCS tells him to sit, roll and pretend to be dead. He will do it. I'm not like that. I am a customer who consumes a product and NCS is a company that sells a product. If the taste is bitter I will complain. There is a limit to what we should accept. In AION there are things that do not depend on Korea to be inserted into the game. Let me give examples.

The increase in the success rate of an item.

It is absurd to use 300 stones and not be able to enchant a single item +15 and this does not depend on Korea, but only on the NCSOFT.

What we customers are complaining about are not absurd or impossible things. 

We are not asking NCS to do something different in AION from Korea in the source code. OK! I'd like something like transferring kinah between my characters, but I'm not asking for something like that. I am asking for something basic like the rate of enchantment or that transparent transformation is not so expensive.

Look, these are NCS decisions, not Korea.

We are asking for adjustment for administrative errors and not for the AION source code.

Good luck. Wait for 6.5 will probably be NCS' answer for enchantment rates at their discussion with their korean overlords.

11 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Boa sorte. Esperar por 6.5 provavelmente será a resposta da NCS para as taxas de encantamento em sua discussão com seus senhores coreanos.

The problem is worse than this. NCS will not even answer that. They will simply ignore us.

7 minutes ago, Gwin-DN said:

The problem is worse than this. NCS will not even answer that. They will simply ignore us.

14 hours ago, Cyan said:

I know there's going to be a question about events, and we're looking to have an event started next week (as per Gideon's producer's letter). We're also still in talks with the development team about the other feedback you've shared. 

We aren't being ignored. We are being asked to wait. Is that one of the doggies commands you don't follow either?

Look. You listed a lot of complaints and only one of them (enchantment rates) is something that can be changed. As @Kubei-DN pointed out, the enchantment rate does change in 6.5. You would like that change early. Good enough. Hopefully that is one of the feedback items that Cyan mentioned in his post.

The crap attitude that you are slinging about calling people pets and dogs because they aren't freaking out about things we 100% know won't change (because two patches later, Korea still has them) is a gross overreaction. 

15 minutes ago, Shaperz-DN said:

You can't change core mechanics because you want to, NCwest can't just change something that korea didn't changed, they just publish the game here.

If they want to change something need to ask a patch to ncsoft, if they want to change the core mechanics ncsoft can just denied, thats a fact.

We can't ask for something that is technally impossible to ncswest to do, but most of things we ask is doable and they still don't do it, thats the problem.

noone is asking about the core mechanics but simply set up rates or some minor tunes it can be done by NCfail if they cant do this  they should rollup poor company and let someone who can

5 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

We aren't being ignored. We are being asked to wait. Is that one of the doggies commands you don't follow either?

Look. You listed a lot of complaints and only one of them (enchantment rates) is something that can be changed. As @Kubei-DN pointed out, the enchantment rate does change in 6.5. You would like that change early. Good enough. Hopefully that is one of the feedback items that Cyan mentioned in his post.

The crap attitude that you are slinging about calling people pets and dogs because they aren't freaking out about things we 100% know what change (because two patches later, Korea still has them) is a gross overreaction. 

Not really. Because that's how I feel. I said and I repeat. I do not want to be an animal or a creature. In AION I am a DAEVA and not an animal. "Is a gross overreaction" the conditioning my maximum combat ability and movement to that.

Just now, Housemusic-KT said:

noone is asking about the core mechanics but simply set up rates or some minor tunes it can be done by NCfail if they cant do this  they should rollup poor company and let someone who can

But what if the crap enchantment rate is a core mechanic? We know it changes in 6.5. But what if the Korean devs want it to remain super hard until then? I don't know and I hope that isn't true. I hope we can get the 6.5 rates right now, but I don't know that doing that would be considered a "minor tune" by the Korean devs.

And there are people who 100% are screaming for core changes, even if you and I are not. Look at some of the posts on the forums. "I want scrolls back!" "I want to get rid of transformations!" "I want GP from arenas!" "I want us to run like we have scrolls on even if we don't have them any more!" "I want to fly everywhere!" "I want all the old areas returned!" On and on and on. 

NCSoft Korea is very unlikely to sell the rights to the NA servers to an outside company like they did with the EU servers and Gameforge. And even if they did, look how well that went for the EU players.

We are stuck with what we have and all we can do is try to remain reasonable and hope Korea goes along with some of the changes we would like to see.

Even if 6.5 comes tomorrow and improves the enchantment rates just a little, the issues still remain. The lack of availability of Legendary and Ultimate PvP stones IN GAME is a direct insult to our faces. If they add it to the BCM like Korea, it's basically pouring acid on the wound.

4 minutes ago, Gwin-DN said:

Not really. Because that's how I feel. I said and I repeat. I do not want to be an animal or a creature. In AION I am a DAEVA and not an animal. "Is a gross overreaction" the conditioning my maximum combat ability and movement to that.

Yes. It is. Because the core mechanics of the game changed and now you have to have a transformation active in over to get your max movement and attack/cast speeds. And not only that, you need to get lucky and have an legendary one to do that.

There are things that can change and things that cannot. You are asking for one that cannot change. Throwing a fit over something that cannot and will not change is a gross overreaction.

I am not an animal, either. Nor am I a daeva. I am a player of a video game. Let's try and keep that in mind.

Tbh people asking for enchant rate changes will still be asking for them in 6.5. The only thing that changes is the fact you can spam ancient stones on ancient gear up till 15. But onto legendary grade gear its still going to be the same ball game. Unless the western community is easily satisfied with a 3% enchant rate increase like how it is satisfied when NCS finally notices them and replies them with a one liner. Fair pvp is not going to happen anytime soon. Its ancient gear vs ultimate gear now but some people are already on the level of legendary gear vs ultimate gear. What 6.5 is merely going to do is put everyone at legendary vs ultimate gear. End of the day its really still a better option to use crafted ultimate gear for now vs the compensation ultimate bunch. No kinah for crafting? Grind. No kinah to afford legendary stones now to get your legendary/ultimate genesis gear? Grind. Ain't got no time for grinding? Stay ancient in 6.2 and legendary in 6.5. That is the reality. Week 5 of patch 6.2 in NA surely people must have woken up by now and realise NA isn't as entitled a region as korea where devs actually pay attention to. Customer? Lol.

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Even if 6.5 comes tomorrow and improves the enchantment rates just a little, the issues still remain. The lack of availability of Legendary and Ultimate PvP stones IN GAME is a direct insult to our faces. If they add it to the BCM like Korea, it's basically pouring acid on the wound.

I was under the assumption you can just keep resetting dredge. This means while there is no visual stones in the cash shop people can just que up at the same time they que up with their alts and then get lots of stones that way. NA's community that participates in instances is very low so their is a high chance you will get your Alts.

18 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Mas e se a taxa de encantamento de porcaria é uma mecânica central? Sabemos que muda em 6.5. Mas e se os desenvolvedores coreanos quiserem permanecer super difíceis até então? Eu não sei e espero que isso não seja verdade. Espero que possamos obter as taxas de 6,5 agora, mas não sei se isso seria considerado uma "pequena melodia" dos desenvolvedores coreanos.

E há pessoas que 100% estão gritando por mudanças essenciais, mesmo que você e eu não sejam. Veja algumas das postagens nos fóruns. "Eu quero rolar de volta!" "Eu quero me livrar de transformações!" "Eu quero o GP de arenas!" "Eu quero que nós corramos como se tivéssemos pergaminhos mesmo se não os tivéssemos mais!" "Eu quero voar em todos os lugares!" "Eu quero todas as áreas antigas retornadas!" E assim por diante. 

É pouco provável que a NCSoft Korea venda os direitos dos servidores de NA a uma empresa externa, como fizeram com os servidores da EU e com a Gameforge. E mesmo se o fizessem, olhe o quão bem isso foi para os jogadores da UE.

Estamos presos ao que temos e tudo o que podemos fazer é tentar permanecer razoável e esperar que a Coréia acompanhe algumas das mudanças que gostaríamos de ver.

I understand your considerations and respect all of them. I also respect the opinion of others, even if it seems somewhat minor. I do this because AION is a business and for the business to be profitable, customers need to be satisfied. Not everyone, this is impossible, but there needs to be a group strong enough to keep the business viable. Otherwise he dies. This is not speculation or my imagination. It's just the law of the market ... Every company that sells a product needs to pay attention to the customer. If AION delves into the discredit of the majority the game will become unsustainable and everyone will be fired or inserted into another game because the cost to maintain the server may outweigh the revenue. This is the point. So listening and responding to the customer's claims is something serious and deserves attention. I dont see this here. Then...This is a big problem.

4 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I was under the assumption you can just keep resetting dredge. This means while there is no visual stones in the cash shop people can just que up at the same time they que up with their alts and then get lots of stones that way. NA's community that participates in instances is very low so their is a high chance you will get your Alts.

That will get you legendary stones, but not the ultimate ones.

The pay2win is so high in this. That's how some people on EK ended up outgearing those on the older servers in the second week. Cash. And tons of it.

6 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Not a guaranteed legendary to add on. Siege is your only source of 100% legendary.

5 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Not a guaranteed legendary to add on. Siege is your only source of 100% legendary.

Right. But there is a guy on EK that admits he runs dredg at least 10x each time it is up. It doesn't need to be 100% with cash like that.

10 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Isso vai te dar pedras lendárias, mas não as últimas.

O pay2win é tão alto nisso. É assim que algumas pessoas no EK acabaram superando as dos servidores mais antigos na segunda semana. Dinheiro. E toneladas disso.

There is another topic that deals with this subject and there are several stories surrounding this and a possible negotiation between a GM who favored a group of people. I do not think we should get into this. It's like I said in another text. Lots of frustrations and disappointments. What keeps the game is these my 10 years of game, but I confess I've never seen the game at such a bad stage. That's why I'm playing very little right now.

Keeps dem pet hamsters fed and powering the servers. Gotta thank him.

3 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Right. But there is a guy on EK that admits he runs dredg at least 10x each time it is up. It doesn't need to be 100% with cash like that.

Keeps dem pet hamsters fed and powering the servers. Gotta thank him.

Was hoping to see the eye discoloration bug fixed before Christmas break, but the longer we sit here waiting, the more I think it will be 2019 before anything is done about it. Not being sarcastic at all, but I can see there is a mounting wall of issues the team is working on at the moment and I fear this simple bug may be getting overlooked.

@Cyan so theres nothing about bots? About the geodata problems with invicible Walls all over the map. Nothing about the feeds of Broker? About the rates of Enchants atm? About more ways to get Pvp Enchant Ancient/Legendary? About the ammount of kinah dat we need to get more inventory/warehouse slots? Or you going to delete my post again? Just saying. 

• Aion Team
1 minute ago, Giorchs-EK said:

@Cyan so theres nothing about bots? About the geodata problems with invicible Walls all over the map. Nothing about the feeds of Broker? About the rates of Enchants atm? About more ways to get Pvp Enchant Ancient/Legendary? About the ammount of kinah dat we need to get more inventory/warehouse slots? Or you going to delete my post again? Just saying. 

Your post was not deleted, if anything posts around here run a little rampant :P

I know there's a lot of feedback for things in the game right now, and we're working on implementing them into the game. Sometimes things go a little slow due to a multitude of issues ranging from things on our end to delivery from the devs, among others. It's not uncommon for a fix to come in a particular build for another region before us, or we get a change before other regions as well. I encourage you all to continue reporting issues and providing feedback, and we'll work on getting what we can changed when we can.

40 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Your post was not deleted, if anything posts around here run a little rampant :P

I know there's a lot of feedback for things in the game right now, and we're working on implementing them into the game. Sometimes things go a little slow due to a multitude of issues ranging from things on our end to delivery from the devs, among others. It's not uncommon for a fix to come in a particular build for another region before us, or we get a change before other regions as well. I encourage you all to continue reporting issues and providing feedback, and we'll work on getting what we can changed when we can.

If we had the exact same build as Korea, there wouldn't be as many unnecessary issues and it'd be easier to fix, just saying.

Archived