Jump to content
Leolf-KT

Why Songweaver/Chanter can't be balanced to be main healer?

Recommended Posts

for the record with a good set up pre 6.0 I was a full heal chanter and whent for full heal boost gear and was able to compete with clerics even though chanters are single target healers my ability to compete relied on 2 things Recovery spell and my ability to swap party members simultaneously with out the use of my mouse and swapping group member became easier it takes me about 1 second to switch and pop a heal I can actually switch group members faster then most clerics can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cos clerics will be obsolete.

Only thing clerics got are the heals when it comes to support role.

Chanter and Songweaver have so much utility and support skills. Giving them equal healing capabilities as cleric will totally kill cleric class.

If devs wanna make chanter and songweaver main heals, then they will have to create more utility and support skills for cleric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lapis-DN   

let me BUMP this thread to tell a'yall a truth and agree with the OP once more.

Clerics shouldn't be the main and only healers of this dead game.
at this point we got 3 tankers (AT wears plate), 2 supports and countless dps class

 

chanter ability to support became pretty niche, limited to physical class partners. the once nice and shiny chanter's heals aren't affected by healing boost anymore. they're still great but nerfed to the hell.

 

while songweaver support branch became something so lackluster that I can't describe it at all. Its now focused on healing but not good enough to a SW to heal LOL

 

i still play with good few friends, and not having a cleric or when one of our clerics are on cd we hardly log in to do stuff because finding a cleric on LFG is a big pain in the a$$

 

just give chanter the OP rejuvenating spell and let SWs heal everything they want. at this point the almost dead playerbase of clerics wont care that much

Edited by Lapis-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I am a chanter in full ultimate frostspark (old) and its all HB (1847). I can solo heal every instance and can also heal my 6 man group in VT with a SW as back up in my group. A chanter can easily be main healer for a group it is not hard but sure it will always be easier for a cleric but you can do it as chanter and its the way I have fun playing my chanter I dont like dps chanter much at all. These instances now do not require cleanse so its perfect for solo heal chanters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juju-EK   
On 11/28/2018 at 7:14 PM, tortoise-DN said:

Coming from the top pvp group in NA running a cleric/chanter/sw comp let me hit you up with them facts:

Setting aside that cringe intro...

That's a gear fight, plain and simple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lad-DN   

I've actually been playing around with healing on my SW in PvE and it's really not terrible. Right now my SW is in a mix of Ultimate Pandora/Frostspark armor with Legendary Voidsoul/Skyflame accessories and all the accessories are tuned to have heal boost along with some offensive stats so I don't even have 2 separate sets. With Exultation it hits about 1600 heal boost and I was able to heal PF without any trouble. I was a little nervous about IDD, but with 3 group dispels you don't have to worry about the "Chains of Command" debuff and if things start to look bad, it's an instance where you can actually use the 4k DP skill to heal/give a res buff.

Of course it's a little more important that people are familiar with boss mechanics since you don't have as many quick casting giant heals or massive heal boost buffs as a cleric. So if 4 people get themselves killed by an avoidable insta-kill boss attack in IDD, a SW might have a little more trouble than a cleric would with the lack of a group res + multiple big aoe heals.

It is a little more challenging, but still 1000% possible and personally I think really fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2018 at 11:24 PM, Leolf-KT said:

And Cleric for so long was the best DPS in-game, like, WHAT?

...precisely "what".

Cleric has never been the best DPS in the game, not even in the best Cleric's dreams. Anyone who actually believes so has only ever met crappy Sorcerers/Assassins/DW Glads lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1s2E5E81-KT said:

...precisely "what".

Cleric has never been the best DPS in the game, not even in the best Cleric's dreams. Anyone who actually believes so has only ever met crappy Sorcerers/Assassins/DW Glads lmao

Well your wrong and right... while Clerics have never been the best DPS in the game they have come pretty close.  I remember when there was such a thing as clorcs.  After that Clerics were so impossible to kill they could beat any class in the game if gear was close to equal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lapis-DN   
3 hours ago, 1s2E5E81-KT said:

...precisely "what".

Cleric has never been the best DPS in the game, not even in the best Cleric's dreams. Anyone who actually believes so has only ever met crappy Sorcerers/Assassins/DW Glads lmao

not the 'best' but always among the top tier

5 hours ago, Lad-DN said:

I've actually been playing around with healing on my SW in PvE and it's really not terrible. Right now my SW is in a mix of Ultimate Pandora/Frostspark armor with Legendary Voidsoul/Skyflame accessories and all the accessories are tuned to have heal boost along with some offensive stats so I don't even have 2 separate sets. With Exultation it hits about 1600 heal boost and I was able to heal PF without any trouble. I was a little nervous about IDD, but with 3 group dispels you don't have to worry about the "Chains of Command" debuff and if things start to look bad, it's an instance where you can actually use the 4k DP skill to heal/give a res buff.

Of course it's a little more important that people are familiar with boss mechanics since you don't have as many quick casting giant heals or massive heal boost buffs as a cleric. So if 4 people get themselves killed by an avoidable insta-kill boss attack in IDD, a SW might have a little more trouble than a cleric would with the lack of a group res + multiple big aoe heals.

It is a little more challenging, but still 1000% possible and personally I think really fun!

 

I'm healing IDD and PF without the help of a Cleric and i'm not even close of having the healing boost you have.

I like the challenge put its not the point (at all). But I agree with you on everything you said

Edited by Lapis-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabe-DN   

Can you heal a few minor instances that the fight was nerfed to hell, sure.  Can you take that same group and face/play/dominate a geared team in idgel.  Without dispel (sure I know we have cleansing but you wouldn't run that in a group with chanter as a main heal) more then likely not though you can probably put up a decent attempt.  Don't get too carried away here thinking you can replace a cleric, you can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2018 at 8:59 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Chanters can solo heal FM with the Daevanion skill Rejuvenating Spell and heal boost accessories. We could also solo heal BoS if not for the bug boss needing a cleric.

That said, I think it's good that we can't solo heal IDD or PF (yet -- prob could do PF with a full ultimate gear group). Our classes were designed to be hybrid for the most part. Clerics were designed to be the main healer, and I don't know why so many chanters and songweavers are constantly trying to "replace" them or prove that they're better than them.

we can solo heal pf and idd with daeva skill. at least i do it =q the others need to know all the mechanics and its good to have a better gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gabe-DN said:

Can you heal a few minor instances that the fight was nerfed to hell, sure.  Can you take that same group and face/play/dominate a geared team in idgel.  Without dispel (sure I know we have cleansing but you wouldn't run that in a group with chanter as a main heal) more then likely not though you can probably put up a decent attempt.  Don't get too carried away here thinking you can replace a cleric, you can't.

ya have a cleric is rly better, for a chanter is better to just helps dps and sup

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, OneeChanDesu-KT said:

we can solo heal pf and idd with daeva skill. at least i do it =q the others need to know all the mechanics and its good to have a better gear.

The reply you quoted me on is a year old lol. IDD required dispeling back then and most chanters weren't geared enough to solo heal PF until about 5-7 months ago.

PF and IDD are easily healed by chanters now and even some songweavers -- as others have mentioned in the past few days. Chanters could probably heal Stellin Lab easy mode too as it's more about mechanics and less about heavy damage. However, as @Gabe-DN mentioned, it's pretty crucial to have those dispels in pvp. I have solo healed group pvp on my chanter against undergeared groups, but against a geared group? Nah, we gonna wipe without those dispels. That said, I'm more on the pve side of things. I only pvp as a social thing; I won't 1v1 people or do arenas, etc.

Edited by Vantheria-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes pvp is a different story but hey if you wanted grab a sm with dispel and sw and try. but pve I can heal any instance in the game currently with my healing set on chanter. stella easy you can do in your sleep and even stella normal isnt that hard. VT requires dispel on parts so cleric/sw is necessary for each group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure my stella static runs a dps cleric but with sacrificial power she has -732 HB so she obv isnt healing much at all. But like I said I know not everyone can do what I do but its how I enjoy playing my game. I love support chanter and its fun for me to play like this I wont reccommend to others because its not ideal but its fun for me and thats what matters to me

 

Edited by Ereliya-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×