Manastone slot efficiency

CosmoSkyMaster-KT

I have a doubt about what is better to socket, to up the damage in this patch.

Is pure crit, or pure att the way to go, or a mix of them, if a mix how much should one aim to acquire.

I do know that this question varies by class, so if someone could leave an answer for phys and magical classes that would be really appreciated.

I hope the community can shed some light because with the recent changes to stats, I'm quite lost to which of those 2 are more efficient and will net a better increase in damage.

P.D. All of this is assuming you already have enough Acc for the content presented to us.

Me and a legion member created a stat sheet for this exact question.  The general ruling on it was unless you are a sin(because of high crit dmg modifiers on dagger)  you get more value from socketing all attack.(pure damage wise) 

however some classes recieve procs for some abilities when they crit or skill resets for critting,  so that in itself might be enough to tip the scales.

All in all, socketing full crit vs full attack is litterally a matter of like 2-3% dps difference in almost every situation other than sin. (damage wise not including skill resets on some classes for crits) (as well as in sin's case socketing full crit was a 5% increase over socketing all attack)

Numbers were based on full red gear where crit is on every piece already (if you are using legendarys without crit,  crit stat value is dramaticly increased)

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2018 at 1:36 PM, Dnerved-KT said:

Me and a legion member created a stat sheet for this exact question.  The general ruling on it was unless you are a sin(because of high crit dmg modifiers on dagger)  you get more value from socketing all attack.(pure damage wise) 

however some classes recieve procs for some abilities when they crit or skill resets for critting,  so that in itself might be enough to tip the scales.

All in all, socketing full crit vs full attack is litterally a matter of like 2-3% dps difference in almost every situation other than sin. (damage wise not including skill resets on some classes for crits) (as well as in sin's case socketing full crit was a 5% increase over socketing all attack)

Numbers were based on full red gear where crit is on every piece already (if you are using legendarys without crit,  crit stat value is dramaticly increased)

Do you think we could see that stat sheet? so there isn't a right answer for pure crit or pure att then, only exception being Sin, but if i go one route or another i should fully invest on it, or do you believe that mixing manastones could be posible?

If you get full ultimate set, you get some crit from all items, which is good enough so you might wanna combine, but m.attack/p.attack manastones are very weak so stacking full of them won't make a huge difference since if you are already full ultimate you should be having plenty thousands of attack

Archived