[Cleric] Healing Boost Cap?

Ravastine-DN

Technically the cap is 1000, wich represents a 100% increase on the base heal, i believe that they say that the cap is 500 because your amplification buff increases your HB 500 so that way you cant surpass your cap, but remember that the buff only last for 30 sec and has a 3 min CD so you would have less the rest of the time, i think that more than 600 hb its a really nice number, and you can see in some korean clerics that they use DD gear with full HB +6 so they have high healing boost most of the time.

1k is the cap, no matter what you do you won't get higher.

You're looking at 814 HB with DD full set (the set effect doesn't matter unless 6/6 and you can mix and match dps and heal set pieces as they have the same piece-by-piece HB) including the shield, all HB+6. The IS set will get you close to that as well (probably ~775 or so). You can get more with idians, certain accessories (but you get very little and hardly worth it over regular PvE accs) or by sacrificing concentration headgear for the Apollon 24HB head, but I'd recommend not being rarely being interrupted over healing 2.4% more any day.

Just keep in mind that Kahrun/IS/ORB/DD sets have no PvE defense, so the skills that hit others (i.e. everyone that has PvE defense sets) for half HP will hit you for more.

11 hours ago, Sofie-SL said:

You don't need a HB set. Use your healbuffs efficiently and ripple/flash of healing and you are good to go

I totally agree with you. I was just very curious while looking at various parts of our DPS meters from PvE instances. It's quite amazing to see that HB. lol 

On 9/12/2017 at 8:15 PM, Nyali-IS said:

I was wondering how HB is affecting the Apollon set. Is it really worth making an extra HB set? I already have a HP set and DPS set from CoE, but still wondering if I should get a 3rd one. z.z

no1 is even gonna read this i'm sure BUT

you could always just resocket your HP set to HB as opposed to making an entirely new set but with Archdaeva gear you can only use Healing Boost +3s, so a full set would give you 12.6% increase on all of your heals whereas using a 65 set with Healing Boost 5 or 6s you would get 21-26% so it's really up to you whether you think it's worth trading 4.2k+ HP for either amount of permanent heal increase
with a decent HB set you can easily reach more than enough HP (20-21k+ with okay gear, even better if it's enchanted) with self buff and/or external buffs for all endgame content including Bastion of Souls & Trials of Eternity but if you aren't very experienced then falling back on the extra defense that an HP set gives can be safer (or even just an HP mace/shield) 

might sound counterproductive but using a HB set also lets you turn off Benevolence more often in fights where you might be struggling with mana while keeping your heals fairly high (i rarely bring Benevolence when i'm the only chain/solo healing CoE 3 boss and instead take Chain of Suffering since i rarely turn it on if no one can tank Typhon since i can only Mana Treatment like once every 60s during fear)

doesn't apply to everyone since a lot of people don't care about PvP but PvE HB sets are also really advantageous in PvP whereas HP sets are only useful in PvE!

here are some examples of how much more you get out of your heals with a HB set comparing the base heal, with Healing Boost +3s, and with Healing Boost +6s (not including anything like Benevolence or the base stats you get on your armor and weapons). some might be a little off as i'm not gonna triple check everything:

+0 Ripple of Healing (Stage 3)
Base = 2,634
+12.6%  = 2,965
+26%  = 3,318

+5 Ripple of Healing (Stage 3)
Base = 3,134
+12.6% = 3,528
+26% = 3,948

+8 Ripple of Healing (Stage 3)
Base = 3,434
+12.6% = 3,866
+26% = 4,326

Flash of Recovery
Base = 2,820
+12.6% = 3,175
+26% = 3,553

Healing Light
Base = 1,346
+12.6% = 1,515
+26% = 1,695

Healing Grace
Base = 3,130
+12.6% = 3,524
+26% = 3,943

Flash of Healing (Stage 3)
Base = 4,211
+12.6% = 4,741
+26% = 5,305

Splendor of Recovery 
Base = 3,295 and 1,156 HoT x5 over 15s (total 9,075 per ally)
+12.6% = 3,710 and 1,301 HoT x5 over 15s (total 10,215 per ally)
+26% = 4,151 and 1,456 HoT x5 over 15s (total 11,431 per ally)

Splendor of Rebirth
Base = 548 and 548 HoT x10 over 30s (total 6,028)
+12.6% = 617 and 617 HoT x10 over 30s (total 6,787)
+26% = 690 and 690 HoT x10 over 30s (total 7,590)

Ripple of Purification
Base = 4,671
+12.6% = 5,259
+26% = 5,885

TL;DR Healing Boost sets are really nice whether you're using +3s or +6s and also give you a big advantage in PvP when used properly 

can't edit so double post but also keep in mind that the 3.5k-4.2k+ HP you get from using an HP set might sound like a lot but it's only maybe one or two boss skills in most endgame fights including entry level stuff like adma/theo
HP sets definitely aren't bad and for newer healers i think they're way better but later on you're more likely to benefit from having that permanent extra healing boost than the extra HP/defense
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I find it funny how people obsess about HP sets and stats for Bastion of Souls when 95% of the population won't be stepping into that instance for a long, long time, and even once you get to run it, you can make an HP set out of literally anything and use it for BoS (most of the instance can be safely done in HB gear by the way, I only found it better to use HP gear for the 4-witches part, and for the bosses that pull you in case you don't pop BP or you don't have chanter shields), while an HB set will be more useful in every other pve/pvp situation. Some of the clerics we take to BoS don't even have an HP set and our runs are still very smooth, other than the natural mental retardation that happens when you run stuff at 2am in the morning.

Also, archdaeva sets are super good for dps sets, but for an HB set I'd stick to 65 gear, it doesn't need to be try hard stuff, even 5-slot ORB/DR gear (since you can choose your gear piece from the boxes, and you can 3-man those instances at this point, so no crying about not finding a group) can get you decent stats if you enchant it / manastone it correctly, and you can mix and match parts of different sets. You can farm +5 HB ancients in DS (mobs don't aggro once you're 73, so you can just go in, open the boxes and get out) so if you're patient you can get the set socketed for free. 

On my DD gear (enchanted +15 / HB+6 ancients) I'm at 21K HP / ~830 HB with cleric blessing + benevolence + essence (23K HP with chanter buff/consumables), that combined with essence investment gives you heals on steroids perma-up, it's by far one of my most useful sets and I don't have to worry about conditioning costs (other than my accs), so I say it's well worth it, and cheap to make if you are patient.

12 hours ago, Sofie-SL said:

noone in here stressed HP set O.o 

e.g. for me all i said is you dont need a HB set...doesnt mean u need a HP set. for all i care you can run naked as long as you can heal

i don't think Hinotorii's response was about any replies on this thread given the "stats for Bastion of Souls" comment since BoS wasn't mentioned aside from very briefly in my post

Aside from the hard cap of 1000 for HB (the number on the profile refuses to go past that, but that's what blessed shield/noble grace are of course for), HB vs HP is pretty much a case of 'it depends'. Stuff like - does anyone run DD on your server? what's your ping? do you have a songweaver in your group for a quick rez in case of Things that Happen?

Somewhat by accident, I found that putting health stones into something like an enchanted shield can be very handy in pve because a lot of mobs don't have all that for accuracy and you end up having a good HP boost together with a high enough Block value that blocking will actually happen.

On 9/15/2017 at 4:28 PM, Sofie-SL said:

noone in here stressed HP set O.o 

e.g. for me all i said is you dont need a HB set...doesnt mean u need a HP set. for all i care you can run naked as long as you can heal

If HP gear is not needed, and HB is functionally better, then the natural conclusion is go with HB, which is what being discussed in this topic (worthy != needed).

My comment was a general response to the reasons/excuses people make to not make an HB set, who still cling on to an outdated HP meta when we've had patch after patch giving alternative sources of HP to the point you get enough of it without having to waste your manastone slots on hp stones:

• Introduction of pure plumes (and easier/cheaper methods to get them)
  • HP from gear enchanting got increased
  • HP from enchanting wings
  • Essence points
  • Titles
  • Minion buffs
  • Class buffs (SW's Joyous). 

So unless you have a completely fresh toon with no plume/all gear +0/etc there's no need to socket HP, paying attention to boss mechanics will get you way further than an extra 2K HP that will be gone with an auto attack anyway.

On 9/16/2017 at 9:42 AM, Rakesh-IS said:

Aside from the hard cap of 1000 for HB (the number on the profile refuses to go past that, but that's what blessed shield/noble grace are of course for), HB vs HP is pretty much a case of 'it depends'. Stuff like - does anyone run DD on your server? what's your ping? do you have a songweaver in your group for a quick rez in case of Things that Happen?

Somewhat by accident, I found that putting health stones into something like an enchanted shield can be very handy in pve because a lot of mobs don't have all that for accuracy and you end up having a good HP boost together with a high enough Block value that blocking will actually happen.

DD is one of the best HB sets but even back then people were using ORB gear for HB and doing just as well, including pvp situations (since the point there is being fast with your gear swaps, as neither set will hold you against the damage output people have these days). There's easier to get options such as pure IS gear (countless events giving upgrading mats, and even pure IS gear boxes that let you choose your piece, while DD  boxes -both from the instance and event ones- give you a random piece), the point here being that you don't need the best in slot gear to make an effective HB set.

Archived