Forums

List of Issues for 6.2

Pylinaer-KT

I'm going to list all the problems I have encountered that I have noticed so far and comments. They aren't really in any particular order, just as I remember. These will include some previously mentioned hot topics. Please keep the comments G rated.

1. Compensation Gear.
    I think this is a problem, unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to allow players to catch up. I believe that is the intent of 6.5. Soo, the only thing I have here is can we have 6.5 sooner please?

2. Enchant Rates
    Rather disheartening and annoying. Again, 6.5 patch thing.

3. Skins
    I know the focus is on transforms. But I really hate many of the starter set skins (haven't gotten the later ones). I would love to have skins back available. Possible places to get add them include: Luna Craft, Lifekeepers (E)/ Veilbreakers(A), BCM (obv.), crafting, and the GST. 

4. Golden Sand Traders Skins
    Please expand this. Most of the skins there are awful. I believe you have stated you are working on it. I'll be waiting.

5. Golden Sand Traders Shards and Transparent Transform Scrolls
    A step in the right direction, but as mentioned extensively, these prices are stupid. I am not even interested in either of those, and I still think those prices are dumb. I think this is a relatively easy fix too. I think when you update the Gold bar shop on 12/5 would be a great time to implement these changes (you are updating the shop, right?). 

6. GST Shard bundle
    Asmo character does not have them on the list to buy. Elyos character does (same account, different server).

7. Siege Lag
    Dunno how much you can do about this. but getting 300 to even 8k+ ping in the US is ridiculous. If you can do something about it, it would be much appreciated so I can fully participate.

8. Glory Points
    As of right now, glory points are really stunted. I know you guys have done some to fix this, But as stated before, the only progression is through people not meeting the requirement. and it almost seems like that requirement is being at most if not all sieges. I agree that GP should be PVP only, but I think the current gains are not enough. My personal opinion would be to completely reset GP and maybe increase the gain so competition is better. (JFYI not even an officer).

9. Siege Timings
    I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for "US game. US target", but really, it's more than that. Siege is the only source of conquerors gemstones that I know of and a major source of PvP Enchant stones. It's kinda kneecapping the non-US population in a way, and I bet there is a fair amount of people in that group. It would be worthwhile at looking into modifying siege times and/or occurrences as I think it would benefit a significant portion of the playerbase. Do I think it's easy? No. You have to juggle like 10 timezones at massively different times. I do think it would be worth a try, however.

10. PvP Enchantment Stones
    The rate of acquisition of Legendary/Ultimate stones is appalling. I don't think I've seen an Ultimate PVP stone yet honestly. I know there is an upgrade exchange coming in 7.0. But that's a long way off. any chance we could get that sooner? Make ancient PvP stones more relevant. Additionally, you could increase the acquisition rate in PvP activities.

11. Dredge Rewards.
    As much as I like bum-rushing for the stones, I would prefer it to be different so the actual focus is on the instance, not rushing to X for Y reward. My thought is to move the rewards back into completion rewards. Naturally award more for winning. Heck, even make an extra bundle for defeating the captain. My thought is 1 dredge bundle for losing containing 1 random enchant stone bag(contains multiple stones) and maybe a conquerors gemstone, 2 dredge bundles for winning (same contents), and lastly a guaranteed legendary stone bag for killing the dredge captain. The last bag would not be a lootable drop, but again an end of match reward. This is in place of current lootable drop rewards. AP acquisition would stay the same.

12. Crafting Levels 60/160/260
    Why is there not a craft for these levels? It makes x40-x80 excruciating nearing x80 (like 12+ crafts per level.) Is this better than 5.8? Yes. Were materials more available in 5.8? Arguably yes.

13. Crafting material availability
    With bots around, it is harder to get materials now. Plus needing 5 per codex is kinda annoying. Especially when it then takes multiple codex per craft and multiple crafts to proc. Add in the extra price of the scrolls required to craft and it gets expensive fast for not a lot of payoff. Could I request a lowering of materials needed for codex? I understand it's not supposed to be easy, but if you are levelling Aetherforging from 0 it's can take quite a long time.

14. Crafting Stone Disenchanting/Upgrading
    2 higher stones for 1 lower stone? really? this should be the other way around or the typical 1:3 ratio we used to have.

15. Crafting Purpose.
    It seems it's really only for the ultimate placeholder pvp gear and maybe legendary pve gear (until you get instance gear). Can we get more useful crafts that will mean something?

16. Screen Splashes
    Cubic Lab could be smaller, but is otherwise fine. All the chat and screen splash spam from people getting stuff from instances, plussing and upgrading is annoying though. Especially since it's the ENTIRE server. I don't care what  xXProfightsXx or whoever got from IDD today. I'd rather it not pop in front of me, especially since PvP is common in Lakrum. Please? This is similar to the Abyss crap last patch, just less frequent and less prominent. (if your name is xXProfightsXx, I'm not singling you out, I just picked a name)

17. PvP instance timings and entries.
    More please? I know there are big windows, but with the amount of AP you need to upgrade and to get Fighter Fragments, it would be nice to be able to do PvP instances more. 

18. Lifekeeper/Veilbreaker coin requirements.
    can we get these lowered please? Grabbing the legend wings/bracelet/plume would be nice if it wouldn't take literally months to do. (assuming an average of 10 coins a day, that's 70 days or 10 weeks PER item on average). 

19. Ultimate Kibrium availability
    I don't know how often the World Legendary Boss spawns, but I've only seen it once and I don't remember when. It does award a fair amount of Kibrium for defeating it, but considering both factions are fighting for it, it would be nice to have a second way to obtain it (luna dice doesn't count). Oh, and don't put it in high end instances, that would defeat the purpose. Luna Weekly might be a good spot to put it. Something to consider.

20. Minium
    For those that have Grade A or B minions, I feel like lower grade minium is basically useless. Considering you can get B grades from instances, upgrading C grades is...kinda useless in my opinion. I would like to see if we could get an upgrade exchange. As for rates... not entirely sure. maybe 10:1?

21. Guestblooms
    Make guestblooms available again. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to reimplement the vendors (since some still exist) and update the rewards from the Guestblooms.

22. Housing Item Availability
    As has been mentioned, previously available housing items have disappeared with the patch. It would be nice to be able to get them again. Kinah is fine. Petals is only fine if you fix getting guestblooms.

23. Teleporting to Lakrum
    Why is the house port only one way? I would also like to have the Academy port be both ways again too.

24. Eye bug.
    Would be nice to have this fixed. I understand you are working on it. Just don't make it an NCSoon™ please.

25. Invisible Walls/Terrain Glitches
    There are glitches in the terrain that cause seemingly nothing to act as if it is an invisible wall until you jump over it. The most annoying is the Lakrum teleport pad elyos side. I have encountered this in the Temple of Records once or twice as well.

26. Super Saiyan Idle Animation. (IDK what it's actually called)
    Firstly, the base animated stance looks like the character is trying to poop. Hilarious in a way. Secondly, holy nyerk is it annoying. Especially when there are multiple people on the screen that have it. At a minimum can you make it NOT shake my ENTIRE screen? Thanks! I'd appreciate not having the glow/whatever have such a large footprint as well.

27. Lakrum Mob Availability
    I believe the spawn rate was increased already, but it's still pretty bad in some parts. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I would be agreeable to a small increase in density of mobs or an additional increase in spawn rate.

28. Luna Rewards are still wrong.
    Luna Blessing was removed a while ago..

29. Mount Availability
    Being able to get permanents without going through the Luna Dice roll/BCM would be nice. 

30. Things not saving to skill bars
    Namely pets and minions, but I have been having issues with things not saving when I move them or put them into my skills bars. 

Will add as I find more. 

Do I expect these all to be fixed? Nope. But I can at least bring them up.

Also @Cyan, have you considered starting an FAQ of sorts?

Siege Timings
I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for "US game. US target", but really, it's more than that. Siege is the only source of conquerors gemstones that I know of and a major source of PvP Enchant stones. It's kinda kneecapping the non-US population in a way, and I bet there is a fair amount of people in that group. It would be worthwhile at looking into modifying siege times and/or occurrences as I think it would benefit a significant portion of the playerbase. Do I think it's easy? No. You have to juggle like 10 timezones at massively different times. I do think it would be worth a try, however.

I read this this bullet and stopped. why even post this when you answered for yourself? the timing for siege has changed before and now its at U.S Prime Time and u want to change it so someone in EU can have siege at a better time? um EU server hello? 30 issues with the game might give you a hint that maybe this game isn't for you maybe you should look into Hello Kitty Adventure from the sound of it, its more your speed. Constructive criticism is healthy in games but when u just post to complain its a waste of peoples time to read it.

2 hours ago, Lovehurts-DN said:

I read this this bullet and stopped. why even post this when you answered for yourself? the timing for siege has changed before and now its at U.S Prime Time and u want to change it so someone in EU can have siege at a better time? um EU server hello? 30 issues with the game might give you a hint that maybe this game isn't for you maybe you should look into Hello Kitty Adventure from the sound of it, its more your speed. Constructive criticism is healthy in games but when u just post to complain its a waste of peoples time to read it.

Thank you for proving me right, congrats. I'm literally just asking them "Hey, can you look into it and see if there is a better time?". I know people who play from Oceania (like New Zealand) and they do not have a dedicated server. Do I agree the time should be focused on US? Yes. Do I think they should try to find something that works for other places? Also yes. 

I think you also missed a few things:

19 hours ago, Pylinaer-KT said:

These will include some previously mentioned hot topics.

Do I expect these all to be fixed? Nope. But I can at least bring them up.

4 minutes ago, Pylinaer-KT said:

I know people who play from Oceania (like New Zealand) and they do not have a dedicated server. Do I agree the time should be focused on US? Yes. Do I think they should try to find something that works for other places? Also yes. 

Not to mention that without Australians, Europeans, Oceanics, and South Americans, NA would have floundered in 2013. There's a reason NC didn't block those regions, and it's because they were well aware that NA alone wasn't enough to sustain the existing player base.

Also, the times still suck for NA players on the East Coast.

3 hours ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Not to mention that without Australians, Europeans, Oceanics, and South Americans, NA would have floundered in 2013. There's a reason NC didn't block those regions, and it's because they were well aware that NA alone wasn't enough to sustain the existing player base.

Also, the times still suck for NA players on the East Coast.

The current times don't really suck for East coast, they're not optimal, but they're manageable. Not in favor of adjusting them inn order to  fit other regions that are already supported by an official publisher. If someone is playing here from one of those regions, the siege schedule is just not going to fit their time zone. Too bad.

Even for NA players, there will always be people who will say "but I work during the night" or have some odd schedule. That's a shame, but NC tries to fit the majority of players. Some will however not be able to make some events.

@Pylinaer-KT Nice job and thank you.

Please add these to the list:

1. Transformation contract availability - Ancient contracts should be standard at this point (considering we used to have scrolls that gave us ancient contract speeds) but all we have is chance of white/normal contracts dropping, which we can combine for a low chance at an ancient contract (and that ancient may or may not be good for our class).

2. Tradeability/account warehouse being useless - Can we at least trade stuff/kinah between toons on the same account?

3. Bots - Get rid of them! Duh!

4. Transformation scrolls - I see that you mentioned Transparent Scrolls and Shards. But I think Transformation scrolls are also too expensive. Old scrolls used to be much cheaper/more available (cheap on broker, cheap to craft, we could alt abuse Crucible Spire, etc.). Now we have a chance to obtain up to 20 scrolls through Luna daily instance but otherwise have to pay 27,600 kinah per scroll through Gold Sand Traders shop.

23 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

The current times don't really suck for East coast, they're not optimal, but they're manageable. Not in favor of adjusting them inn order to  fit other regions that are already supported by an official publisher. If someone is playing here from one of those regions, the siege schedule is just not going to fit their time zone. Too bad.

Even for NA players, there will always be people who will say "but I work during the night" or have some odd schedule. That's a shame, but NC tries to fit the majority of players. Some will however not be able to make some events.

New Zealand and Australia. They do not have a dedicated server. NZ is +19 Hours from current Server time. To give that some prospective, At weekday siege time that is 4pm the next day their time. Sydney, Australia is 2 hours behind them. If you assume most people work 8-4, 8-5, or 9-5, this means they can only make Saturday Lakrum Siege. That's right ONE siege a week. 

I think the problem lies in the availability of items being locked with Siege. 

Just for Ultimate Ridium, that is 1459 (assuming two weapons) or 1417 subbing a shield. Comes out to 48 wks rounded up. So a year. A year of making every (for them) Sunday Siege. US gets it 3x faster.

But wait, there's more! Where is the best place to get higher end PvP Stones? Siege! This is probably the bigger roadblock than Ridium.

Rather than continuously argue this, I will offer a solution. Move all sieges back a day, with Lakrum being all at 9pm Server. Added bonus? Times are consistent per siege location. The number EU would get depends on the person (if they would rather stay up till/get up at 4am/5am on Saturday morning or till 1am/2am Sunday night). Oceania gets one more (2). 

Perfect? No. Better for those that may not have a dedicated Server? Arguably yes. Making 1/2 of them probably won't get them Officer, but that's another issue mentioned.

On 4-12-2018 at 6:39 AM, Pylinaer-KT said:

Rather than continuously argue this, I will offer a solution. Move all sieges back a day, with Lakrum being all at 9pm Server. Added bonus? Times are consistent per siege location. The number EU would get depends on the person (if they would rather stay up till/get up at 4am/5am on Saturday morning or till 1am/2am Sunday night). Oceania gets one more (2). 

Perfect? No. Better for those that may not have a dedicated Server? Arguably yes. Making 1/2 of them probably won't get them Officer, but that's another issue mentioned.

You got to be kidding to set all sieges in Lakrum at 9pm server time?

That's 4am in EU, we will never be able to attend 1 siege.

The one on saturday at 6pm server time is the only one I can attend (and probably the one on sunday in abyss at 6pm as well, but only every 2 weeks), and you want to take that away as well?

On 12/4/2018 at 0:39 AM, Pylinaer-KT said:

New Zealand and Australia. They do not have a dedicated server. NZ is +19 Hours from current Server time. To give that some prospective, At weekday siege time that is 4pm the next day their time. Sydney, Australia is 2 hours behind them. If you assume most people work 8-4, 8-5, or 9-5, this means they can only make Saturday Lakrum Siege. That's right ONE siege a week. 

I think the problem lies in the availability of items being locked with Siege. 

Just for Ultimate Ridium, that is 1459 (assuming two weapons) or 1417 subbing a shield. Comes out to 48 wks rounded up. So a year. A year of making every (for them) Sunday Siege. US gets it 3x faster.

But wait, there's more! Where is the best place to get higher end PvP Stones? Siege! This is probably the bigger roadblock than Ridium.

I'm aware that NZ and AU don't have a dedicated server, for that reason I do feel some sympathy for them and they need some {small} accommodation- the reason I'saying small is due to their numbers. However for EU, *shrug* too bad folks, that's   part of what you need to consider when don't play in your region. At least you can make one siege.

5 hours ago, Bardey-KT said:

The one on saturday at 6pm server time is the only one I can attend (and probably the one on sunday in abyss at 6pm as well, but only every 2 weeks), and you want to take that away as well?

10 hours ago, Bardey-KT said:

Divine would get pushed back to Saturday at 6pm Server. That would still net you one. But, as soon as Daylight Savings starts, you're looking at 2am to 3am for current weekend sieges. Pushing Saturday at 6pm server to Friday at 9pm server would put it at 5am to 6am EU Daylight Time when it starts. Server Time hasn't adjusted for Daylight Savings recently (if at all).

• Aion Team

Hi there, 

I've got some answers to some questions here for you guys. If something isn't answered it's likely that we're still in discussion internally. In no particular order...

1. We've discussed the Transformation system feedback with the developers. While the system is largely here to stay, we're working to make the Transparent Transformation Contracts more abundant as well as a few other options with the devs to hide the appearance of a Transformation without using a scroll. We don't have a final confirmation yet but we will let you know when something is more certain.
  2. We currently have no plans to adjust the fees for using the Broker but may be slightly adjusted in the future.
  3. We're aware that GP gain is at a stand still and it's impossible for new players to achieve the GP set by the higher ranks. We're formulating some plans with the development team but nothing concrete yet.
  4. The PvP arena schedule is something we will be looking to adjust as more content becomes available.
  5. Item acquisition spam (X Legendary from Frozen Monolith for example) is something we will be requesting from the development team to tweak. 
  6. We do know that a lot of the Luna items were removed. Some of these items are still strongly desired such as storage cabinets and we're making a request to add those functional items.
  7. A Permanent mount is something we will be discussion be added to the game. Feel free to share any suggestions you may have.
  8. Kinah being storable in the Warehouse is something we've seen requested quite a bit. We will discuss it with the development team to see if it's possible to have it added.

As I said, this isn't a comprehensive list. We're also working on bringing enchantment adjustments as I have stated in prior posts. Continue to share your feedback. Also please don't bump posts for the sake of bumping as it's against the rules here on the forums :p. 

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hi there, 

I've got some answers to some questions here for you guys. If something isn't answered it's likely that we're still in discussion internally. In no particular order...

1. We've discussed the Transformation system feedback with the developers. While the system is largely here to stay, we're working to make the Transparent Transformation Contracts more abundant as well as a few other options with the devs to hide the appearance of a Transformation without using a scroll. We don't have a final confirmation yet but we will let you know when something is more certain.
  2. We currently have no plans to adjust the fees for using the Broker but may be slightly adjusted in the future.
  3. We're aware that GP gain is at a stand still and it's impossible for new players to achieve the GP set by the higher ranks. We're formulating some plans with the development team but nothing concrete yet.
  4. The PvP arena schedule is something we will be looking to adjust as more content becomes available.
  5. Item acquisition spam (X Legendary from Frozen Monolith for example) is something we will be requesting from the development team to tweak. 
  6. We do know that a lot of the Luna items were removed. Some of these items are still strongly desired such as storage cabinets and we're making a request to add those functional items.
  7. A Permanent mount is something we will be discussion be added to the game. Feel free to share any suggestions you may have.
  8. Kinah being storable in the Warehouse is something we've seen requested quite a bit. We will discuss it with the development team to see if it's possible to have it added.

As I said, this isn't a comprehensive list. We're also working on bringing enchantment adjustments as I have stated in prior posts. Continue to share your feedback. Also please don't bump posts for the sake of bumping as it's against the rules here on the forums :p. 

Thank you.

Uhh...Shards Price?

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Hi there, 

Thank you.

@Cyan Thank you so much for answering some of the questions. We'll be looking forward to seeing this changes in the coming weeks. :)

3 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hi there, 

Thank you.

Luna skins ? is it coming back ? or at least coming as gold sand traders shop skins ?

On 12/9/2018 at 9:43 PM, Rapier-DN said:

I'm aware that NZ and AU don't have a dedicated server, for that reason I do feel some sympathy for them and they need some {small} accommodation- the reason I'saying small is due to their numbers. However for EU, *shrug* too bad folks, that's   part of what you need to consider when don't play in your region. At least you can make one siege.

Just some hint, after last region lock move + siege time screw for other regions it all end up (in long term) with -3 servers. Keep living in your small dream land where other region players isn't welcome xD

7 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hi there, 

Thank you.

It's great that you're talking to the devs about revamping the transformation contract system a bit and making it more available, but that sounds like a big task and will take a lot of time. 
It's great that you're looking into ways of adjusting how the GP ranking system works but based on the wording you're still at the "plan formulation" stages and thus will take a while as well
it's great that you guys and the dev teams have had lengthy discussions on the possibility of certain types of changes but I don't think im crazy to assume that these changes will not be made tangible ANY time soon. 

So could you answer me this one, simple question: why can't ncwest adopt the exact same shop system that has already been established by EVERY single other region? Specifically, why is it only OUR transparent contract scrolls being sold for $ instead of kinah, our shard bundles being sold at a WEEKLY limit of 2k per MILLIONS, our 6.2 potions being nonexistent, our bcm store not selling legendary enchantment stones, ETC? 

It's a simple question cyan, I'm not looking for a solution here I'm just curious as to why it is impossible for you guys to copy paste the same system that is in place in literally every single region except for the US. 

9 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hi there, 

Thank you.

@Cyan Had 30 unanswered questions and you want more feed? What is the difficulty in passing to your superiors, since that is all you can do so far, that we want improvements in enchant primarily to REDEEM the players who have stopped by that. 
Are we going to have any news about tomorrow's maintenance? Will it improve the rate? Improve way to get enchants, improve the price of shards, seriously we completed 1 month and 2 weeks of 6.2 and so far we do not have shard with fair price. W T F

The more delay, the more lack of interest, the more illusions said is more players stopping again, from players giving up playing, from players looking for other games ... sorry for my outburst I know you have nothing to do with what we went through, but we want attitudes for now, at that moment, as soon as possible, nowwww

ty ;) 

Archived