5.8 Abyss Gear - What we "know"

Disregard-DN

Anyone who plays korean servers or follows people who do, I request any additional information or corrections you can offer.

So we're here in 5.6. 5.8 is a good while away still, we'd be lucky to get it this year, but more likely winter or spring. That won't stop us from learning what we can ahead of time to try to prepare for the oncoming barrage. in 5.8 we get new level 80 abyss gear, complete with fancy silver borders like peitan/illumishinel, plumes, and bracelets. I'm here to tell you how much of a time gated sack of crap it is!

First things first: you can't buy it. It must be purified from level 75 abyss gear, or from level 75 Spinel Coin gear, also new in 5.8. If you purify it from Spinel coin gear, it still uses 75abyss as a material so you need one either way, it  costs more spinels and AP, BUT it costs less of the time-gated crap bag material, so that's something to consider. I made a fun image based on data from aiondatabase's korean mode to show the rest of the info. It's a big images so you'll want to enlarge/fullscreen/viewsource.

unknown.png

Honorable Commander's Crystals are bought from an npc that follows the entrance to the tower of eternity for 10k abyss points each. it adds up to be the same AP as the purification recipe itself costs.

Typhoon Commander's Crystals are earned through daily and weekly pvp-related quests, and may possibly be rewarded for pvp instances or sieges, or anything else that automatically deposits rewards in your inventory without a corpse/box/quest. We still don't know all the sources yet, but the few we do know gives you a very pitiful weekly gain rate. From what I can understand, the 3 quests are Evergale Canyon Daily, Siege Divine Fortress (probably weekly), and Illuma sky island weekly (or maybe invasion).

Long story short, you're going to be heavily time gated on getting the new abyss gear. I'd expect at least 2 months after 5.8 launches before anyone has a weapon, if not half a year. Unlike mythic abyss 65, you can't just farm medals and AP ahead of time for this stuff.

10 hours ago, Talonee-TM said:

everytime new stuff comes out, the stats are decreased in important specs. i have some really old stuff i have passed down to alts, that are lvl65 and way better than Daeva mythic lvl75, accessories. not even enchanted.

I have never heard anything less true in all my time playing aion. Unless you value stats like concentration (discontinued as of lv 56 gear) or flight time (moved from accesories to armor for 4.0, nothing is worse as patches go on.

You picked the wrong guy's thread  to come into and non-sequitur about gear stats.

Series Brigade General Commander X-wing Divine Prime Royal Captain
Level 55 60 65 75
Accuracy 0 0 0 37
Evasion 0 0 28 37
Parry 0 0 23 31
Block 0 0 23 31
Defense 0 0 38 51
Magical Accuracy 47 49 78 107
Magic Resist 206 217 229 289
Magic Suppression 0 24 121 165
Magic Boost 0 0 78 114
Crit Spell 15 17 24 51
Spell Resist 4 8 14 47
Strike Resist 41 44 49 68
Maximum HP 277 374 450 591
PVP Attack 4.4% 4.6% 5.3% 6.5%
Flight Time 31 31 0 0

quite the opposite, between 55 and 60 there was almost no change except hp increasing, spell resist doubling, and the new magic suppression stat.
between 60 and 65, magic suppression was ramped up a ton, and for the first time you could have mboost macc and critspell on pvp accessories. Macc saw a steep boost.
between 65 and 75, basically everything went up by a noticable margin.

You know nothing, Talonee

The only cases where I personally think an item from an old patch can be superior to a higher level item are:
1) Nobly Sky/Horned Dragon Emperor's Malevite Glasses --- +6.4% all elemental resists. Useful in pvp against mages where no amount of magic suppression can help you, and while pvp defense on helms is still below 10%
2) Antro/Karvo/Genium/Gonon's Headband for mages --- +110 concentration on a PVP defense helm
3)Stately/Noble Coliseum Champion's Headband for non mages --- + 109 concentration on a PVP defense helm, not classlocked like ^, but also no magic suppression. Useful on any character with cast times or charge times. (concentration used to be more prominent. it increases your chance to not get interrupted while channeling spells)

15 hours ago, Disregard-TM said:

I have never heard anything less true in all my time playing aion. Unless you value stats like concentration (discontinued as of lv 56 gear) or flight time (moved from accesories to armor for 4.0, nothing is worse as patches go on.

You picked the wrong guy's thread  to come into and non-sequitur about gear stats.

Series Brigade General Commander X-wing Divine Prime Royal Captain
Level 55 60 65 75
Accuracy 0 0 0 37
Evasion 0 0 28 37
Parry 0 0 23 31
Block 0 0 23 31
Defense 0 0 38 51
Magical Accuracy 47 49 78 107
Magic Resist 206 217 229 289
Magic Suppression 0 24 121 165
Magic Boost 0 0 78 114
Crit Spell 15 17 24 51
Spell Resist 4 8 14 47
Strike Resist 41 44 49 68
Maximum HP 277 374 450 591
PVP Attack 4.4% 4.6% 5.3% 6.5%
Flight Time 31 31 0 0

quite the opposite, between 55 and 60 there was almost no change except hp increasing, spell resist doubling, and the new magic suppression stat.
between 60 and 65, magic suppression was ramped up a ton, and for the first time you could have mboost macc and critspell on pvp accessories. Macc saw a steep boost.
between 65 and 75, basically everything went up by a noticable margin.

You know nothing, Talonee

Are you comparing eternal vs eternals and mythical vs mythical ? I undertand that gear improves, but 5 levels above seem to have little difference, specially when stats are already to high.

Archived