Jump to content
AriaTheMelodious-DN

A Solution to the GP Problems/Complaints?

Recommended Posts

GP has been a hot topic so far in 6.2, and after considering the many various thoughts and opinions I've heard, I think I have come up with a possible solution.
But first, putting all opinions aside here are the basic facts: 

1. Unless the gap between players' rank happens to be tiny, it is impossible to rank up unless the people already above you from previous patches happen to give up. (KT/DN)
2. GP can only come from siege, resulting in the removal of all non-sieging xform players. (KT/EK/DN) 
3. After a short while the ranks on all servers will plateau; the top 100 will be the same top 100 for the whole patch and nobody has a chance to try and move up. (KT/DN)

In order to maintain a ranking system that prevents PVE GP hoarders from blocking access to siege Xforms, while also making it possible to rank up if a player should choose to do so, I would propose a system wherein GP rewards are added back into PVP instances for additional GP gain, but in order to maintain an Officer Rank of any kind a player must gain a minimum amount of GP from siege.  Either that or a minimum siege attendance would be required. Something like that which would make it impossible for a player to maintain an xform rank while not participating in the sieges as is intended for those high ranks.

This would allow for new/returning players to have their chance to rank up while keeping the benefits of the 6.2 ranking system. It is, so far, the best alternative I can think of and I would love to know any input any of you might have. @Cyan @Gideon @Hime I don't think I've seen any of you comment on the GP rank situation beyond the lowering of the required monthly GP, and I would love to know if the concerns players have about ranking up have reached your ears yet :)

Thank you all for your time ♪

Edited by AriaTheMelodious-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the past few months, I've been doing a lot of reading up on various forum posts and suggestions regarding the current GP system, which has a number of problems. I'm incredibly frustrated by the fact that my rank is in a near-constant state of flux; it makes little difference how much effort I put in or how many sieges I attend- rather, my ability to Xform and assist my faction is entirely dependent on which players above me fall off the rankings list or make a comeback. And I know a lot of players are in a similar situation, where they swap between 4 Star and 5 Star every couple days or so. 

As of yet, this thread is the best suggestion I've seen to fix the whole GP mess. I have seen a bunch of people suggest a complete GP wipe but I really don't think throwing away multiple factions' worth of time and effort over the years in one fell swoop is exactly the best idea. (Not to mention the faint P2W aspect when you take into account the fact that Prestige players get more GP per siege than non-paying players.) Don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely glad that everyone has to attend sieges in the current patch to keep their rank, because only actively sieging players deserve to Xform (in my opinion). But because there's no other source of GP gain, the rankings are largely stagnated and I think it's a real shame that players don't have any opportunity to climb the ranks in 6.X. 

Implementing and re-implementing sources of GP gain while requiring a set amount to be from siege attendance is a really lovely compromise- I just hope the team here at NCWest can be bothered to not only read our suggestions, but to actively apply them. -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this way will increase luna sales.  Which in turn will increase the yell of p2w.  Not to mention the rampant afks in everything still.

Plus its not hard to just go to a siege every other day and just tag along and collect gp without really helping. 

I can understand why NCwest doesnt comment on the gp issue.  They will have 400 new threads a day about p2w and afks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that in previous patches getting GP was "easy" number wise. There was a load of GP in everything in 5.8, and now nothing. One single winning Dredgion in 5.8 gave more GP than a winning siege does now with the prestige.

My issue is that GP from previous patches that allowed for GP farming via pve, or GP obtained by loads, is carried to the current patch. We got out kinah reduced by 2.5 times. We got our items rendered useless, we got maps deleted, we got items and professions deleted....

...but they forgot to clean the GP glitch they created throughout the years. The ranking should be a monthly issue, do not remove GP, let it accumulate, but the ranking should be a monthly battle like the arena ranking. The GP you get this month will determine the ranks of the next month. And also they need to give more GP options in sieges otherwise a lot of people will have the same GP accumulation and ranking will be impossible to be determined.

Also there is a section for suggestions, this is general topics.

Edited by 2s1A07B4-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2018 at 9:28 PM, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

GP has been a hot topic so far in 6.2, and after considering the many various thoughts and opinions I've heard, I think I have come up with a possible solution.
But first, putting all opinions aside here are the basic facts: 

1. Unless the gap between players' rank happens to be tiny, it is impossible to rank up unless the people already above you from previous patches happen to give up. (KT/DN)
2. GP can only come from siege, resulting in the removal of all non-sieging xform players. (KT/EK/DN) 
3. After a short while the ranks on all servers will plateau; the top 100 will be the same top 100 for the whole patch and nobody has a chance to try and move up. (KT/DN)

In order to maintain a ranking system that prevents PVE GP hoarders from blocking access to siege Xforms, while also making it possible to rank up if a player should choose to do so, I would propose a system wherein GP rewards are added back into PVP instances for additional GP gain, but in order to maintain an Officer Rank of any kind a player must gain a minimum amount of GP from siege.  Either that or a minimum siege attendance would be required. Something like that which would make it impossible for a player to maintain an xform rank while not participating in the sieges as is intended for those high ranks.

This would allow for new/returning players to have their chance to rank up while keeping the benefits of the 6.2 ranking system. It is, so far, the best alternative I can think of and I would love to know any input any of you might have. @Cyan @Gideon @Hime I don't think I've seen any of you comment on the GP rank situation beyond the lowering of the required monthly GP, and I would love to know if the concerns players have about ranking up have reached your ears yet :)

Thank you all for your time ♪

I know this was probably already said but I heard in 6.5 there was going to be a solution already for 6.5 by making it just how harmony / discipline is where it is a seasonal rank. Apparently every time the season ends gp gets reset or from what I was reading in korea it worked that way. Lets hope ncsoft does the same thing here when 6.5 hits us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cruucruu-DN said:

I know this was probably already said but I heard in 6.5 there was going to be a solution already for 6.5 by making it just how harmony / discipline is where it is a seasonal rank. Apparently every time the season ends gp gets reset or from what I was reading in korea it worked that way. Lets hope ncsoft does the same thing here when 6.5 hits us!

i heard that many times already in this forum, but it just a distorted rumor.

Current GP will not be reset, New GP season ranking is the one that gets reset at the end of every season (not the GP itself as still acumulates to your total) and gives rewards based in contribution done in that time frame(each region with different rewards, Quna in KR, PvP stones in RU). Works in parallel to current Officers Ranking wich still is the one that determines who Xforms or not.

 

eTclEW2l.jpg

Edited by DevilNest-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow it's almost like constantly giving attention to issues and asking for them to be rectified or improved is how you get things done but that almost makes too much sense, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

I think what @Matsukamy-KT is saying is that if players have their GP wiped, they will quit. Ofc that levels the playing field and I do understand that. But we have had too many things taken from us and rendered useless.. thing we have all worked hard for. Wiping GP just might be the straw that broke the camels back for many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have confidently been claiming seasonal rankings and/or GP resets since before 6.0 came out but NA has never followed this trend so I personally don't think there is any reason to assume they will change it in the future. @Aly-DN is correct, I too strongly believe that so many players would quit if their GP was wiped because it is one in a long list of things we worked for that was taken away in 6.2. 

It's for this reason that I think my proposed solution is the best of both worlds. Xforms/Officer ranks only for siege attendees but GP still available elsewhere so that those of us who want to rank up (and are able to siege) can. If anyone can come up with something fairer and most pleasing to all parties then I would love to hear it

Edited by AriaTheMelodious-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

People have confidently been claiming seasonal rankings and/or GP resets since before 6.0 came out but NA has never followed this trend so I personally don't think there is any reason to assume they will change it in the future. @Aly-DN is correct, I too strongly believe that so many players would quit if their GP was wiped because it is one in a long list of things we worked for that was taken away in 6.2. 

It's for this reason that I think my proposed solution is the best of both worlds. Xforms/Officer ranks only for siege attendees but GP still available elsewhere so that those of us who want to rank up (and are able to siege) can. If anyone can come up with something fairer and most pleasing to all parties then I would love to hear it

I think a reward directly related to what you are accomplishing is the best way to go about it. That being said, I think forts providing a specific kind of GP relative to xforming is a good idea. What is GP good for beyond that, in this patch? The GP counter would have to be split into two, no? This effectively would create two different point systems; GP and XGP. 

 

Sorry if I'm reiterating, I find I need to so I fully understand and I haven't been paying close attention while I'm in my office.

Edited by 2s30B77F-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×