Jump to content
Forums

The Elephant in the EK Room


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been gone a while.  Nice to see that theory-crafting, completely clueless forum posting still exists.  Ahh, consistency.

Good Afternoon everyone! Many of you may know me from the EK server, and others may not. Anyone unaware, there is currently a severe issue on the EK server with GM favoritism, and questionable et

Thank you so much for telling me i'm a top player, I thought I was pretty rubbish I got a total 1 monthish on Chanter imagine if I was playing my main. Also i have my gear for all to see since i

Thank you so much for telling me i'm a top player, I thought I was pretty rubbish I got a total 1 monthish on Chanter imagine if I was playing my main.

Also i have my gear for all to see since i started playing Aion, It just shows you how wrongly you played by loosing to a mediocre gear player. If you make decent use of your skills you can survive a long time as chanter and cleric, I know much better geared clerics and chanters from asmo side that survives much longer than me and dog.

But I still love you wada.

Link to post
Share on other sites

yo dude im flattered u think im geared LOL. To clear things up:

1. my view details have been enabled since i rerolled asmo to ely. asmos are bad lul

2. just bc ur faction marks me every siege, it does not mean im geared. i am rolling around with 1 purple GC weapon and 3 crafted accessories. Common to popular belief i am not geared and cannot 100-0 you in 2 seconds. getgud

3. related to 2., maybe u guys should stop marking/focusing oranged geared glad every siege lmao. 

4. i've spent a total of $20 on this game. if u consider that p2w u r delusional

5. i haven't beaten primeths forge before either, so if u wanna take me pls 8)

6. pls gitgud

-Justin 8)

Edited by Aug-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Couture-KT said:

Why are they a problem? 

It depends on your perspective if they are a problem or not.

The core issue is that they have allowed players to utilize entire groups with compensation gear gained on other servers to push forward players on EK's new server at a faster pace than would be available otherwise. For some, this is a problem as it has damaged the normal pacing of gear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luigi-EK said:

Because, at least in the eyes of NCSoft, they aren't even pay to win anymore because NCSoft isn't getting any of the $$$. It's akin to kinah selling for real world currency, which NcSoft is apposed to.

No, why are cross server runs a problem? (Assuming friends are helping)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Balbi-EK said:

Thank you so much for telling me i'm a top player, I thought I was pretty rubbish I got a total 1 monthish on Chanter imagine if I was playing my main.

Also i have my gear for all to see since i started playing Aion, It just shows you how wrongly you played by loosing to a mediocre gear player. If you make decent use of your skills you can survive a long time as chanter and cleric, I know much better geared clerics and chanters from asmo side that survives much longer than me and dog.

But I still love you wada.

Don't get me wrong, you and Dog both pulled some absolutely amazing stunts, and I could tell you played well. That said, surviving in the middle of Ancient Temple against 10+ guards and 10+ players on you in week 2 of the server is definitely a bit strange - maybe there is something else going on, not sure. TBH, I havn't fought you enough outside of sieges with buffs to really have a feel for anything personally, just one of the names that came up regularly in discussion (same as a few others, but for those, their gear matches what people say usually).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Couture-KT said:

No, why are cross server runs a problem? (Assuming friends are helping)

Because it bypasses the current gear progression system, and is unfair to practically anyone who DOESN'T have friends on DN. Obtaining the best gear in the game should not be so easily obtained this early on in the patch, and in the eyes of a game developer bypasses multiple tiers of content and gameplay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WaDa-EK said:

It depends on your perspective if they are a problem or not.

The core issue is that they have allowed players to utilize entire groups with compensation gear gained on other servers to push forward players on EK's new server at a faster pace than would be available otherwise. For some, this is a problem as it has damaged the normal pacing of gear.

compensation gear what once again youre clueless.... you clearly posted screenshots of 3-4 people and their gear...... does that seem like compensation gear to you?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luigi-EK said:

Because it bypasses the current gear progression system, and is unfair to practically anyone who DOESN'T have friends on DN. Obtaining the best gear in the game should not be so easily obtained this early on in the patch, and in the eyes of a game developer bypasses multiple tiers of content and gameplay.

I see but I have yet to hear anyone complain on Asmo side. Pretty sure people are doing it there too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zoe-KT said:

compensation gear what once again youre clueless.... you clearly posted screenshots of 3-4 people and their gear...... does that seem like compensation gear to you?? 

The issue with cross server runs (as that was in response to), is that on other servers, players with pre-existing compensation gear, in an economy where +10 stigmas, omega stone exchange, and many other factors exist, can then use those to help gear people on a server where by design they cannot exist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Couture-KT said:

I see but I have yet to hear anyone complain on Asmo side. Pretty sure people are doing it there too.

They absolutely are. I've heard rumors about who (from both factions) and won't point any false fingers, but it's both pretty scummy and impatient, as end game gear is designed to be obtained over the course of months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Couture-KT said:

I see but I have yet to hear anyone complain on Asmo side. Pretty sure people are doing it there too.

Asmo is absolutely doing it. I don't know how many/who - but Monarch Gemstones are on the broker, and those come from IDD. Nobody on Asmo side has cleared IDD as a non-cross group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Couture-KT said:

I agree it's unfair, however, this all falls into telling people how to play and contradicting a mechanic NcSoft implemented into the game years ago. I wish you luck in trying to change that.

I agree, I don't think its likely this will change, and its extremely hard to police any form of RMT done this way (compared to just friends helping others). Not really the point of this post though, but glad these issues were pointed out anyways!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WaDa-EK said:

Asmo is absolutely doing it. I don't know how many/who - but Monarch Gemstones are on the broker, and those come from IDD. Nobody on Asmo side has cleared IDD as a non-cross group.

They come from PF too.

Cross server doesn't matter on ely side because at least 20 people already regularly clear PF/IDD as a full EK group. I've thought of doing cross server recently, not for carry, but because we have such a small population we need to organize times just to ensure enough ppl are on. /who certain classes and we have 3-4 total online...

None of the people already doing IDD/PF used cross server to reach this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

WaDa, you bring up decent points. Everyone knows shady shits going down in the EK server, but this isn't the way to fix it. Too long of a post, instead of getting clear cut to  the point. Some points are wrong, which takes away from the other, stronger points.  All you have to do is check some random nyerk's gear to see IDD pieces and know somethings nyerked up. Progress normally, and everyone will be caught up with the cheaters in due time. 

The focus should be less on punishing cheaters, and instead on helping fair players, like increasing enchant rates, fixing bugs in the system, and doing something about weapon damage stat bugs. nyerk over the rude few, or help the honest many who just want to play and have fun.

EDIT: filter lol, didn't know it does that, thats funny.

Edited by Luigi-EK
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Luigi-EK said:

WaDa, you bring up decent points. Everyone knows shady shits going down in the EK server, but this isn't the way to fix it. Too long of a post, instead of getting clear cut to  the point. Some points are wrong, which takes away from the other, stronger points.  All you have to do is check some random nyerk's gear to see IDD pieces and know somethings nyerked up. Progress normally, and everyone will be caught up with the cheaters in due time. 

The focus should be less on punishing cheaters, and instead on helping fair players, like increasing enchant rates, fixing bugs in the system, and doing something about weapon damage stat bugs. nyerk over the rude few, or help the honest many who just want to play and have fun.

EDIT: filter lol, didn't know it does that, thats funny.

I agree with you but you should also punish the cheaters if they are cheating, dont just ignore them. As for IDD gear, IDD is laughably easy this patch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrBlake-KT said:

I agree with you but you should also punish the cheaters if they are cheating, dont just ignore them. As for IDD gear, IDD is laughably easy this patch.

I've yet to try IDD yet, my bad. I guess PF is probably a fairer example. 

But as a player, I'm much more pissed that our enchant rates are gutted than the fact that people are getting unfair gear. RNG is e v e r y w h e r e. Cheating wouldn't be so effective if progressing fairly was less random.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luigi-EK said:

Cheating wouldn't be so effective if progressing fairly was less random.

That actually is a very key point - cash shop and other progression is almost necessary because of the huge RNG gating the "F2P" way to gear. That said, crafting gear is absolutely the best way to gear as a F2P player right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Cyan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...