The Elephant in the EK Room

GenericUser25010

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

My name is Unbeatable. I am in Zephyr, that top legion you keep talking about. While I don't want to take all the credit as my legion mates who I've most just met at the start of this server, are some of the most talented people I've played with, and keep in mind I've played this game for 9 years. So not to discredit them as they pull their weight in PvE more than any average Aion player, but I just wanted to introduce myself and call myself out for being the reason for breaking these instances (PF/IDD).

If you want to know what top NA dps is like, I'll be streaming the next few days, and maybe you can learn a few things here and there, especially since you're a sorc, and so am I. I think once you see my DPS, you'll understand why we're capable of breaking these instances without a sweat.

While you wait for the streams, here are some of the DPS meters that I've randomly screen shotted... keep in mind, these weren't taken cuz they were my top DPS records, but just on a random occasion.

https://imgur.com/a/Y62JCtj

As I said, keep an eye out for the stream next few days. I'll teach you a few things.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Hi,

My name is Unbeatable. I am in Zephyr, that top legion you keep talking about. While I don't want to take all the credit as my legion mates who I've most just met at the start of this server, are some of the most talented people I've played with, and keep in mind I've played this game for 9 years. So not to discredit them as they pull their weight in PvE more than any average Aion player, but I just wanted to introduce myself and call myself out for being the reason for breaking these instances (PF/IDD).

If you want to know what top NA dps is like, I'll be streaming the next few days, and maybe you can learn a few things here and there, especially since you're a sorc, and so am I. I think once you see my DPS, you'll understand why we're capable of breaking these instances without a sweat.

While you wait for the streams, here are some of the DPS meters that I've randomly screen shotted... keep in mind, these weren't taken cuz they were my top DPS records, but just on a random occasion.

https://imgur.com/a/Y62JCtj

As I said, keep an eye out for the stream next few days. I'll teach you a few things.

Cheers.

Exceed pulling that DPS on frigida is immediately questionable if the gear as linked earlier is true. I would absolutely question that.

I don't doubt your damage as a sorc in those shots, as mine can pull reasonably close with slightly less gear - seems reasonable. The issue is with a specific small set of players who seem to do damage WELL over the gear that they have.

Seeing as you are part of Zephyr's core, could you confirm that the gear linked earlier in this thread is the same gear they use normally?

Just now, WaDa-EK said:

Exceed pulling that DPS on frigida is immediately questionable if the gear as linked earlier is true. I would absolutely question that.

I don't doubt your damage as a sorc in those shots, as mine can pull reasonably close with slightly less gear - seems reasonable. The issue is with a specific small set of players who seem to do damage WELL over the gear that they have.

Seeing as you are part of Zephyr's core, could you confirm that the gear linked earlier in this thread is the same gear they use normally?

You could pull close to my DPS? Please don't joke. In 9 years I've only met a few people that have come close to my DPS, and out of those few, they were mainly sins, not sorcs.

I would love to see how much you can actually pull in PF.

Keep in mind, I still up to this date am using only an ancient CoE tome +15... only imagine what my numbers will be like with an ultimate weapon.

With that said, go do a few runs in PF, and show me your best DPS. I can almost guarantee you wouldn't even break 10 mil. If you do, I'll eat my words. But to come close to my DPS. Now that's a joke that we gotta laugh at.

1 minute ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

You could pull close to my DPS? Please don't joke. In 9 years I've only met a few people that have come close to my DPS, and out of those few, they were mainly sins, not sorcs.

I would love to see how much you can actually pull in PF.

Keep in mind, I still up to this date am using only an ancient CoE tome +15... only imagine what my numbers will be like with an ultimate weapon.

With that said, go do a few runs in PF, and show me your best DPS. I can almost guarantee you wouldn't even break 10 mil. If you do, I'll eat my words. But to come close to my DPS. Now that's a joke that we gotta laugh at.

my Sorc in PF usually pulled 40 or so in full purples.

Also, you have a purple weapon, and 6 pieces of red gear. Wonderful CoE +15!

unbeatable.PNG?width=265&height=429

I dunno why people try to pull that kind of thing where "GMs are playing the game and handing out stuff". This is NOT a private server, duuh. Been there, done that. If you accuse someone of being a GM and pulling such a thing, where's the proof about it? Do you actually know for 100% that they're working for NCSoft? Doesn't seem like it since you're just comparing gear and trying to think "logical". That's the only annoying thing to me on this thread. Go call them cheaters or hackers, but don't pull that silly GM line while you got nothing to back it up...

3 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

I dunno why people try to pull that kind of thing where "GMs are playing the game and handing out stuff". This is NOT a private server, duuh. Been there, done that. If you accuse someone of being a GM and pulling such a thing, where's the proof about it? Do you actually know for 100% that they're working for NCSoft? Doesn't seem like it since you're just comparing gear and trying to think "logical". That's the only annoying thing to me on this thread. Go call them cheaters or hackers, but don't pull that silly GM line while you got nothing to back it up...

There have been cases of GM's doing this in the past on other servers.

There have been cases on EK of players receiving compensation gear that should not exist.

Other EK players on the Elyos side have accused that people are getting free gear.

Unfortunately, there's enough here to begin building a bit of a pattern that is worth investigating.

12 minutes ago, WaDa-EK said:

my Sorc in PF usually pulled 40 or so in full purples.

Also, you have a purple weapon, and 6 pieces of red gear. Wonderful CoE +15!

unbeatable.PNG?width=265&height=429

You really are an idiot.

Here are the images. The image you provided, that's my PvP set and that's a +11 Firebrand Tome. PvP tome. As you see right under it is an ancient tome, and that's my CoE +15 PvE tome.

https://imgur.com/a/Qlw76Re

Thank you for proving to everyone that your suspensions are nothing but delusions. Keep it up. You're looking like a champ.

Edit: I don't buy your shit at all. Until I see a screenshot of you having a parse of the dps meter in PF, I do not buy anything you say. You already look delusional as hell, so I already assume your words are just as twisted and false.

8 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

You really are an idiot.

Here are the images. The image you provided, that's my PvP set and that's a +11 Firebrand Tome. PvP tome. As you see right under it is an ancient tome, and that's my CoE +15 PvE tome.

https://imgur.com/a/Qlw76Re

Thank you for proving to everyone that your suspensions are nothing but delusions. Keep it up. You're looking like a champ.

If you are using a +15 CoE tome over a +11 Firebrand, you are probably taking a minor dps loss even in PvE, depending on overall stats.

In 6.2, PvE attack and PvP attack and Defense formula's were changed heavily. You may want to try it out a bit on dummies (or look up the formulas and plug in the numbers).

Generally its more viable to use the higher grade item even if its not matched to PvP/PvE, though a +15 weapon MIGHT beat out the stats from a +11 of a grade up, simply because weapons scale very well in type-based attack at high plusses. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but you should probably look up the new formulas and some more information before touting your knowledge.

Edit: after looking at both more in depth, its very likely the Legendary Firebrand is actually more dps, especially if you are reliably hitting high cast speeds with a good transform (or capping with cd's). The 4% cast speed difference might make up for the roughly 250 attack difference, and the 400 accuracy difference. Hard to say in this specific instance, but I would definitely recommend testing both ways.

Edit 2: Its also very very likely you should be using your ultimate jewelry over those legendary accessories - again, it depends on the stats, but you likely are losing a tiny bit of damage on those as well. As a general rule of thumb, higher grade items simply beat lower grade in 6.2, regardless if they are pvp or pve.

3 minutes ago, WaDa-EK said:

There have been cases of GM's doing this in the past on other servers.

There have been cases on EK of players receiving compensation gear that should not exist.

Other EK players on the Elyos side have accused that people are getting free gear.

Unfortunately, there's enough here to begin building a bit of a pattern that is worth investigating.

I'm well aware about what happened on EK and I still stand on what I said. Hime and Cyan took care of it as you might read their post about it. It was an error made by someone else and they fixed it. I can't recall another instance as big as this one in the past, sorry, and I've been here for a while. So if you have another other example, please share. Also there is no proof that those people you mentioned work for NCSoft, you just throwing assumtions at them while they could be regular players.

And just on a side note, have you brought that up to Hime and Cyan in private to look into it instead of making a thread about it? Not to sound rude, but I really dislike when someone is accusing others by saying "Ohai, this person works for NCSoft (w/o proof) and they get extra treatments". Like I said, this is not a private server and everything can be tracked very easily as you could see from the EK situation which happend a few days ago.

4 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

I'm well aware about what happened on EK and I still stand on what I said. Hime and Cyan took care of it as you might read their post about it. It was an error made by someone else and they fixed it. I can't recall another instance as big as this one in the past, sorry, and I've been here for a while. So if you have another other example, please share. Also there is no proof that those people you mentioned work for NCSoft, you just throwing assumtions at them while they could be regular players.

And just on a side note, have you brought that up to Hime and Cyan in private to look into it instead of making a thread about it? Not to sound rude, but I really dislike when someone is accusing others by saying "Ohai, this person works for NCSoft (w/o proof) and they get extra treatments". Like I said, this is not a private server and everything can be tracked very easily as you could see from the EK situation which happend a few days ago.

I brought these issues up to an NC employee acting formally as a representative of NC at the time, in private.

I was informed in that discussion that investigations into potential GM abuse and similar issues would require more evidence. Since then, more was gathered by a multitude of players, and they passed it to me to make a forum post on behalf of everyone that was involved.

In the past, GM's were returning broken stigma's to players that had spent a large amount of money, have banned players that were against themselves or their friends in arena, among other accusations and proof given in the past. I'm not saying it is happening this time, I am saying its enough that it should be looked at VERY carefully.

It has also come to my attention that Cyan has left the Zephyr Legion due to the issues with the compensation gear and the way people could view it - which is both the right call to make, and unfortunate to have happen. Its clear that Cyan recognizes the issue with the optics surrounding this situation.

4 minutes ago, WaDa-EK said:

If you are using a +15 CoE tome over a +11 Firebrand, you are probably taking a minor dps loss even in PvE, depending on overall stats.

In 6.2, PvE attack and PvP attack and Defense formula's were changed heavily. You may want to try it out a bit on dummies (or look up the formulas and plug in the numbers).

Generally its more viable to use the higher grade item even if its not matched to PvP/PvE, though a +15 weapon MIGHT beat out the stats from a +11 of a grade up, simply because weapons scale very well in type-based attack at high plusses. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but you should probably look up the new formulas and some more information before touting your knowledge.

Uuuuu, I like this. You make yourself look like an idiot in the first place with your suspensions to my gear and then all of a sudden change topics to which weapon is more suitable for PvE. One hell of a way to dodge a bullet.

But no, I'm going to stick on topic as to what we were discussing. Show me a screenshot of a parse of you in PF. Like I previously mentioned, I can almost guarantee you wouldn't even break 10 mil. If you do, I'll eat my words. But to think that you could even come close to my DPS... is just a joke in itself.

Screenshot and then we'll talk. So far all you're doing in this thread is theory crafting and pulling shit out of your arse. I'm showing you screenshots on my part yet we're suppose to believe you can do 40k dps in PF? Yeah my arse. You already look delusional as hell, sorry if I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth.

Screenshot.

Good night, I'll respond tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Amaranthia-EK said:

One hell of a thread.

IKR! I give this thread an 8 out 10. It has been a while for such threads like these. I think it will end up with 10+ pages.

4 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Uuuuu, I like this. You make yourself look like an idiot in the first place with your suspensions to my gear and then all of a sudden change topics to which weapon is more suitable for PvE. One hell of a way to dodge a bullet.

But no, I'm going to stick on topic as to what we were discussing. Show me a screenshot of a parse of you in PF. Like I previously mentioned, I can almost guarantee you wouldn't even break 10 mil. If you do, I'll eat my words. But to think that you could even come close to my DPS... is just a joke in itself.

Screenshot and then we'll talk. So far all you're doing in this thread is theory crafting and pulling shit out of your arse. I'm showing you screenshots on my part yet we're suppose to believe you can do 40k dps in PF? Yeah my arse. You already look delusional as hell, sorry if I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth.

Screenshot.

Good night, I'll respond tomorrow.

Mate, as Asmo on EK, I advice you to just ignore this BS. It's a waste of time + the tinfoil hat accusations are amusing, can we keep it going like this for at least another 20 pages?

5 hours ago, WaDa-EK said:
  1. There are multiple GM's who play on Elyos EK. While this in itself is not a problem, as I fully believe GM's and CM's should be allowed to enjoy the game they moderate, most other AAA companies require that their GM's do not disclose their status in-game. Many times during siege, I have had people informing me that on the Elyos server, the GM's are well known among their group, and that those players have used their roles in order to gain standing in-game. During Lakrum sieges, players that have characters on the Elyos side will come to Asmo and state that "even the GM's thought that was a bad idea"; and similar statements. The fact that the top legion also contains MULTIPLE employees of NCWest is a dangerous precedent.  While this alone does not prove wrongdoing, it adds fuel to the points to follow. There is also an argument to be made that Elyos bots have not been banned because the top elyos legion needs the mats, while elyos broker bots have been generally less active than Asmo by comparison - this argument is thin in evidence, but points out the danger the above situation can cause.

5 minutes ago, WaDa-EK said:

I brought these issues up to an NC employee acting formally as a representative of NC at the time, in private.

I was informed in that discussion that investigations into potential GM abuse and similar issues would require more evidence. Since then, more was gathered by a multitude of players, and they passed it to me to make a forum post on behalf of everyone that was involved.

And again, you seem to like to skip my question about "Where are you getting this from?". There's literally no proof about what you said in your first point which seems to be your base of argumentation. You said it yourself, this argument is thin in evidence. I don't see more than you against some other people you're assuming to be GMs and what not. And like I said, this situation which we had on EK was a one time thing and it got fixed. No reason to drag GMs into the dirt while there's no proof they are even working for NCSoft. Are you even aware that I could say "Hey, I'm working for NCSoft and I'm a GM" while trolling you pretty hard about it? *smh* 

3 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

Are you even aware that I could say "Hey, I'm working for NCSoft and I'm a GM" while trolling you pretty hard about it? *smh* 

Wait?! But this game is lyfe! It needs to be taken seriously 24/7! No way anyone would be trolling in this game?! Impossibruh!

1 minute ago, Powzor-DN said:

I only have about 10 legendary pieces of gear and I still struggle in pf, if you pulling that kind of dps with only 10k magic acc that doesn't seem quite right Unbeatable.

11k accuracy is almost reasonable. You would still get a few resist/misses, but not a ton, probably around 5-8% roughly. As a sorc, it wouldn't hurt you that bad compared to other classes that need chains much more.

Our group requires 11k accuracy and 14k combined attack + pve attack to walk in the door with our group - and even with these stats, damage is still just a bit short of beating in time.

2 hours ago, Powzor-DN said:

I only have about 10 legendary pieces of gear and I still struggle in pf, if you pulling that kind of dps with only 10k magic acc that doesn't seem quite right Unbeatable.

Sorry, correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see him using food or a transform in that screenshot. So I'm assuming both of those + chanter mantras will elevate that by 100-200, easily. Also sorcs have two (? I haven't played sorc since 4.x so I'm not sure of the changes to the skills this patch) super reliable skills that give even more magic accuracy. I think it's reasonable. 

Also @Unbeatable-KT he won't respond with a dps meter. I don't think he has it, and that's why he's ignoring your posts at this point.

2 hours ago, WaDa-EK said:

11k accuracy is almost reasonable. You would still get a few resist/misses, but not a ton, probably around 5-8% roughly. As a sorc, it wouldn't hurt you that bad compared to other classes that need chains much more.

Our group requires 11k accuracy and 14k combined attack + pve attack to walk in the door with our group - and even with these stats, damage is still just a bit short of beating in time.

If your group is struggling to kill it with those stats, then I think you need to improve your rotations. 

3 hours ago, Powzor-DN said:

You have 10 pieces of legendary gear and struggle in PF? I think you should reroll some of your gear or maybe slot some mana stones. With a chanter he is just below the amount of MA he needs for no resists, seems pretty reasonable lol. Not to mention xforms, or the Luna buff he could possibly have.

Archived