Weekly Server Maintenance - December 5, 2018

Cyan

16 minutes ago, DoorKnob-EK said:

TBH, all the complaining, etc, has been the same since release.  Only the names have changed.  If I am still correct, NC soft west has to ask NC soft Korea to change anything.  Its not like we should kill the messenger and things will change. 

INB4 I get you nyerking whiteknight

Yeah right.

So NC Korea orders NCWest that we should be unable to buy enchant stones on bcm, or even be allowed to broker them like they do? Or that we should have crappier enchant rates than they do?

If that's the case and Korea doesn't even care about us, why send us the updates anyway and translate them? They may just let us stay at 4.7 forever.

Changing anything like enchant rates is only a matter of adjusting some values in an xml file or a server-config file.

And to fix those eyes, isn't there some mysql table that holds the color for both eyes in 2 separate columns, along with all other parameters for every character's body?

If so, that's fixed using 1 mysql query which sets both eyes to the same color.

If it was a bug in the game's render-engine, EVERY character would have 1 black eye, not just a few.

And for the greed, players won't spend money on a game where everything keeps failing like enchanting your gear.

Even if enchant stones were on bcm, I guess nobody would jump in the air and scream YES when they spend 1000 dollars on enchant stones, just to see them fail and get an item with only +2 when they started out with a +5 item.

Or to have crappy events like the one we're getting now.

Mobile games are filled with commercials so they won't lure me to any mobile game for proper gameplay.

Most mobile games allow you to play for 5-15 minutes, then you're out of energy so you can't proceed and have to wait for your energy to refill by itself slowly or you rage-quit because every minute you're getting spammed by commercials that don't even have anything to do with the game you're playing.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never been one to complain about events, because well it is free stuff. This event though, you know you have server imbalance you mentioned it yourself. You come up with a pvp oriented event that will favor select individuals. A smart company researches what their competition is doing and adjusts the business to be competitive. It is the holiday season now, did you look at what other games are doing for the holiday? You didn't address some of the issues that your player base (customers) have been complaining about since the update. Except the shards, which to some has been a huge complaint. What about the other issues? Personally for me this is a non event, I am not geared enough with a +7 weapon only and out of stones for now. It is just a matter of few hours to finish camps/weeklies log in to get EC, Dredge, and a fort done then go play something else. Guess I could try for that stone bundle, get "one" so I can have a +6 weapon. Really nothing here except logging in for the instances and done for the week. Good plan.

5 minutes ago, Bardey-KT said:

Yeah right.

So NC Korea orders NCWest that we should be unable to buy enchant stones on bcm? Or that we should have crappier enchant rates than they do?

If that's the case and Korea doesn't even care about us, why send us the updates anyway and translate them? They may just let us stay at 4.7 forever.

Changing anything like enchant rates is only a matter of adjusting some values in an xml file or a server-config file.

And to fix those eyes, isn't there some mysql table that holds the color for both eyes in 2 separate columns, along with all other parameters for every character's body?

If so, that's fixed using 1 mysql query which sets both eyes to the same color.

If it was a bug in the game's render-engine, EVERY character would have 1 black eye, not just a few.

I agree with you on a lot of your post. I dont care about enchant stones in the BCM.  I dont want to read P2W in every thread.  AND hell yes I wish enchanting got a better rate, especially for my poor yellow I cant get above +10.  Yea on the eye color, its a joke,

Like I stated, IF  I am still correct.  I believe a few years back we were told that west has to ask Korea to make any changes.  So we are just spinning round in circles complaining about something out of our hands ans West's hands.

coins should drop from all mobs and not just be from one boss a day. 

1. boss will only be alive for 10 minutes a day, so the winning heavy sided faction will only get stronger.

2. everyone else that works or isn't online at the time misses out on the presents.

3. the legendary "bundle" that aion is so well known for is going to blow us out of the water with 1 legendary stone for 8 days worth of work?? guess we will see!

Just now, Hiding-EK said:

coins should drop from all mobs and not just be from one boss a day. 

1. boss will only be alive for 10 minutes a day, so the winning heavy sided faction will only get stronger.

2. everyone else that works or isn't online at the time misses out on the presents.

3. the legendary "bundle" that aion is so well known for is going to blow us out of the water with 1 legendary stone for 8 days worth of work?? guess we will see!

10 minutes a day?  I'd say 2 minutes.  And yes on all the other points, cant wait for my ONE legendary stone to fail in 3 seconds

I remember the event where we all got 1 free bronze or golden key per character per day and we could open boxes in Sanctum.

Now that was a very good event, made me millions and millions of kinah.

Or the event with the nurses which gave free running scrolls, attack speed scrolls, potions or whatever you wanted.

But as they said, they want an economy driven by normal gameplay, not event-driven economy.

So I guess those 2 events will never come back because they gave too many rewards for little effort.

Or better yet, have no event at all, then they ruin the economy as well because there won't be an economy left once all rich players have spent their billions.

And what economy are they talking about? Most items being traded are guiding stones and kibrium, and occasionally a piece of gear for the rich.

And btw, those items are also controlled by bots, they farm thousands of those stones every day. Prices for ancient guiding stones have dropped in 2 weeks from 80k to 10k.

Then normal players will leave because of crappy events, no rewards, crap enchant rates and no proper gear to win pvp battles against ultimate exchanged geared players (which is a gankfest all over again), and only bots remain, controlling the broker, just as they did in 5.x.

But having an event where only the winning side can get rewards, or where only paying players can get rewards?

That's just the same as saying: free-to-play players: get lost, we only accept p2w players.

The boss is only up for 10 mins a day as said by Hiding-EK, so many of us won't even make it to kill that boss.

And only 1 stone as reward for 2 weeks of pvping? Better make it a 100% success stone then because with those rates, it will just go poof and you get nothing for your trouble.

Honestly, a great idea for an Event., It is basically a pvp event and Aion players are complaining about it. Which is rather sad. I'd say the shugo at the temple is not the greatest idea due to faction imbalance on every server but as an overall event this seems to be pretty good and much better than some, if not most, of the events from 5.x. The rewards aren't good at all, even for this patch that isn't "take that free gear so you can buy omega packs to enchant it". I think most players are spoilled from 5.x and with time they'll accept that 5.x is gone. Seems like it is an event most to be played and have fun rather than just gear freak. But we haven't played it yet so we could only speculate.

C'mon... you teased us for 4 weeks to give us this lame event?

You don't need to be a AAA game designer to notice that this is bull****.

My plan was to describe what is wrong with this patch right now but I will not even bother to, looks like no one that works at NCWEST play this game.

C'mon (again) what is the big deal in solving the shard problem???? Give me GITHUB or even FTP access and I WILL DO IT... This just cannot be that hard.

I am a new player just started playing few weeks ago and been having hard time at pvp.  So I regrettably spent money on black cloud transformation contracts in hopes of getting a legendary transformation to get all the help I could get with the gear disadvantage.  I purchased about 900 contracts, after the first 300-400 contracts I had every ancient transformation, but combining them all failed to create a legendary. So I spent $500 on 500 more contracts and still ended up empty handed. I put in a whole lot money and in return I got pretty much nothing.  Lesson learned....never spending a single dollar on this game again.

People, do NOT buy those shards on the GST at the higher price. I don't care if you're tempted; just pop into CoE and farm them there instead. If NCsoft sees people buying them at the higher price from GST, they won't give us the 16k price we deserve. Do not freaking buy them!

[Event] Legendary PvP Enchantment Stone Bundle*      1,350

.... lmfao

Okay, since I don't live in a delusional fantasy world in which that is actually acceptable, what else do you guys think should be our purchase goal for this crap event? 

Aether Jelly Bundle (10)*      100

^ Maybe that since it's harder to get jellies now? Or maybe the 600 coin stigma box if we need kinah?

Now when you enter the AIOn website there's a nyerking rotten event announcement,
these retarders have a lot of courage even to announce this shit,

Event rubbish, Company rubbish, rubbish administrators

It closes soon is nyerking, pass to who really wants to work,

29 minutes ago, Ackilles-EK said:

I am a new player just started playing few weeks ago and been having hard time at pvp.  So I regrettably spent money on black cloud transformation contracts in hopes of getting a legendary transformation to get all the help I could get with the gear disadvantage.  I purchased about 900 contracts, after the first 300-400 contracts I had every ancient transformation, but combining them all failed to create a legendary. So I spent $500 on 500 more contracts and still ended up empty handed. I put in a whole lot money and in return I got pretty much nothing.  Lesson learned....never spending a single dollar on this game again.

Damn dude, see? I'm sorry but I have to LOL, over 500 bucks and still no legendary. Haha, NCsoft just robbing people online at this point. Don't play korean made mmos, they're all horrible with rng, and they will all rip you off some kind of way.

7 minutes ago, Raiuken-KT said:

Maldito cara, viu? Desculpe, mas eu tenho que LOL, mais de 500 dólares e ainda não é lendário. Haha, NCsoft apenas roubando pessoas on-line neste momento. Não jogue coreanos, todos eles são horríveis, e eles vão ao arranjo de algum jeito.

In a post a boy shows that the Korean Aion is much better than this NA.

but really NCwest wants to steal you, so do not waste your time spending money on them, unfortunately aion NA in this shit, at least if we had the chance of this company opening game management hand for another administer would be good,

I do not know how this part works but it would be interesting to have an administration that listens to the players, because these people do not even know how to make money.

Man, you guys want to spend hundreds just to transform into some thing on this garbage, why don't you take that money and use it on a good game, 500 bucks for a transformation and you still don't get one.You could have got a whole ps4 with that. Madness, no video game on earth is worth 500 dollars, it's Christmas time guys. Think of all the nice presents you could have got your loved ones with 500 dollars instead of wasting it on rng rubbish. Go to Las Vegas if you want to gamble your money away you might actually have better RNG there than on Aion.

The problem with the event isnt the mechanics at all.. its ok for a faction to hold the most reliable source of coins.. whatever. But the prices are INSANE.

Go to the database and look at the prices, its easy.. whats the difficult to implement a event with the original prices, so as KR do, cause if I remind well, "we cant do things too diff than other servers nyerk".. WTF was this prices?

One more thing:

power-shard.jpg&key=41fc1c438e272be009c7

How good would it be if ncwest just translated the game and made the actual conversion of the Korean currency to dollar of everything, but China, Europe and NA have to keep insisting on Luna's error and reducing the qualities of the rate enchant of things, reducing the entries of the instance, withdrawing various consumables of the gold sand trader and with a poor quality in game market, ncwest and other distributors are sabotaging AION, makes us believe they really want to end the activities of this game, sad to see one of the best mmorpg released being so poorly managed

Archived