Reason why enchanting rates is so bad +

Ele-DN

And low "drop" chances of some equipment.

To start off, in 6.5 enchantment rates are boosted roughly ~20% on ancient gear, which is significant. From 28% to 48% using ancient stones on ancient gear after +10 and from 48% to 68% using legendary stones on ancient gear after +10. Using legendary stones on legendary gear after +10 is 45%, which is slightly worse than using on ancient gear +10 but way better than using ancient stones an ancient gear. Doesn't make much sense.. or does it?

PVE gear in 6.5 is also easier to get (if i'm correct). Theres a quest line that gives out legendary gear after completing 10 weekly quests for each part and could be done within the week if all 10 quests are completed. After doing the quests, more quests can be done to get upgrade the legendary to ultimate gear and could probably be done fairly quick too. This is for armor and weap? but after completing all quest line, theres quests that give out coins/tokens to buy legendary accessories, and can be upgraded to ultimate. Compared to what 6.2 has, each fm run, theres a 1/6 for a piece of armor for your class or 1/30 for a single piece if its something you're missing. Feather drop isn't that difficult to get if it does drop but made worse with armor drops on the same drop table. Same with BOS, higher drop chance than FM but not by much. 

So why is it so hard to get decent gear?

5.8. exchange gear.

If we were given 6.5 enchantment rates, 6.5 pve quest line, what would the point be in enchanting pre 6.0 equipment and have no time to use/take advantage of? 

Tanking 10+ people in compensated gear,being the first in IDD, PF bypassing the accuracy wall. etc, 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

And low "drop" chances of some equipment.

To start off, in 6.5 enchantment rates are boosted roughly ~20% on ancient gear, which is significant. From 28% to 48% using ancient stones on ancient gear after +10 and from 48% to 68% using legendary stones on ancient gear after +10. Using legendary stones on legendary gear after +10 is 45%, which is slightly worse than using on ancient gear +10 but way better than using ancient stones an ancient gear. Doesn't make much sense.. or does it?

PVE gear in 6.5 is also easier to get (if i'm correct). Theres a quest line that gives out legendary gear after completing 10 weekly quests for each part and could be done within the week if all 10 quests are completed. After doing the quests, more quests can be done to get upgrade the legendary to ultimate gear and could probably be done fairly quick too. This is for armor and weap? but after completing all quest line, theres quests that give out coins/tokens to buy legendary accessories, and can be upgraded to ultimate. Compared to what 6.2 has, each fm run, theres a 1/6 for a piece of armor for your class or 1/30 for a single piece if its something you're missing. Feather drop isn't that difficult to get if it does drop but made worse with armor drops on the same drop table. Same with BOS, higher drop chance than FM but not by much. 

So why is it so hard to get decent gear?

5.8. exchange gear.

If we were given 6.5 enchantment rates, 6.5 pve quest line, what would the point be in enchanting pre 6.0 equipment and have no time to use/take advantage of? 

Tanking 10+ people in compensated gear,being the first in IDD, PF bypassing the accuracy wall. etc, 

That has nothing to do with it, enchanting rates are not bad. The game (on korea)was made so you progress quickly, with legendary stones that you can buy easily on website. In Korea, i saw that streamers were wearing full legendary and ultimate gear on the first month of 6.0, before 6.2 even hit.

The gear sets available via quests in 6.5 aren't as good as the gear you get from drops currently in FM/BoS/PF/IDD, so it isn't  a waste enchanting 6.2 sets.

The quest sets have the same base stats as Craftable PvE gear with even lower base PvE attack/defense and lower re-rollable optional stats.

iZXrkIT.jpg

The sets will be good for unlucky people or gearing alts, but you will still want to upgrade with instance drops.

4 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Correction: For +10 onwards, Legendary stone on Legendary gear is 48% in 6.5. Same as Ancient stone on Ancient gear.

It willl take an average of 51 stones to go from +10->+15, for Ancient-Ancient and Legendary-Legendary.

According to Powerbook, Legendary PvE equipment will be available in Gold Sands Shop.

Sorry but i dont believe this. I used 179 ancient stones to put 2 itens +10 and in anothers itens fail more than 30 time. Is ridiculous enchantment rate and really frustrating.

1 hour ago, Sexyspell-DN said:

Sorry but i dont believe this. I used 179 ancient stones to put 2 itens +10 and in anothers itens fail more than 30 time. Is ridiculous enchantment rate and really frustrating.

The 51 stones average for +10 ->+15 is for patch 6.5 and later.

In 6.2 it takes average of 373 ancients stones to +15 an ancient gear from +10.

And RNG variance is a major factor affecting how many stones will actually take you to +10 -> +15 or +0 -> +10.

9 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

The gear sets available via quests in 6.5 aren't as good as the gear you get from drops currently in FM/BoS/PF/IDD, so it isn't  a waste enchanting 6.2 sets.

The quest sets have the same base stats as Craftable PvE gear with even lower base PvE attack/defense and lower re-rollable optional stats.

iZXrkIT.jpg

The sets will be good for unlucky people or gearing alts, but you will still want to upgrade with instance drops.

I keep forgetting things.. but yeah. They aren't as good, but still better than any ancient piece from COE and mirash. As I mentioned the low drop chance of getting something from FM and Bos, i bet some wouldn't even finish the set by the time 6.5 comes. Since 6.2 started, I did all my fm runs, 4 each week (was going to get prestige pack but doesn't seem worth it) and 4 extras from the extra maintenance a couple weeks ago (28 runs?), I got a plume and shoulders. Im also seeing some with almost a full set, which i don't understand. At this point, FM is really for contracts and minion bundles. Bos could might as well be daevanion skill book farm on alts for your main. 

Also.. crafting pve gear... lol no. Even crafting pvp gear, if it procs good, if not crafting is only for fragments to upgrade the genesis pvp set.

Upgrading genesis set won't work if you can't get your gear up to +15.

I'm not wasting my stones on genesis gear atm, and I'm leveling my craft to get full legendary set, both pve and pvp.

It isn't as good as a true legendary genesis set, but better have crafted legendary gear than keeping stuck on ancient genesis gear, which just won't go up to +15 to be purified into legendary.

So in the end, my crafted set will be better than my genesis set because I'm not spending money on virtual items and can't get that much enchant stones anyways to get all 16 pieces up to +15 and purify them.

My crafted set will reach ultimate before I have enough enchant stones to get 1 ancient genesis set to legendary.

After leveling my craft to 200p, I got 4 legendary masterwork pieces (jacket, gloves, pauldrons and wings) in 2 days already and still no single genesis piece (pvp weapon) gets to +15 after wasting 250 stones on it so far, highest I got was +14 using ancients which gave 2 times a +2, after which I tried a legendary stone, just to see it fail and drop back to +10.

Non-procs aren't good, I know, but I'm trying to get everything to masterwork (proc-version). Non-proc is good to DE and collect manastone fasteners and the stuff you need to purify to legendary, if that will ever happen.

3 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

Im also seeing some with almost a full set, which i don't understand

If you plan out your group carefully, it's much easier to gear up fast. Try not to duplicate gear types so that people aren't rolling against each other.

Example:

Cleric/AT (don't need a cleric in FM if chanter has Rejuvenating Spell and CoE heal boost accessories)
Chanter
Songweaver/Sorc/SM
Assassin/Ranger
Templar/Glad
Gunner (can probably skip as my friends and I have just been 5-manning FM and BoS)

Aethertech can still equip leather so if no gunner they can wear magic leather pieces from PvE and PvP.

In theory Genesis Crystal ultimates can be better but you have to tune it like a lot, and even with selective tuning that’s gonna cost a lot of Luna. Crafted is the way to go.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

If you plan out your group carefully, it's much easier to gear up fast. Try not to duplicate gear types so that people aren't rolling against each other.

Example:

Cleric/AT (don't need a cleric in FM if chanter has Rejuvenating Spell and CoE heal boost accessories)
Chanter
Songweaver/Sorc/SM
Assassin/Ranger
Templar/Glad
Gunner (can probably skip as my friends and I have just been 5-manning FM and BoS)

Which is what most groups do. I mean, theres 1/6 in getting something for your class and in 8 runs, you aren't guarantee something for your class. You could even have 2 melee/magic and 4 melee/magic and still not see accessories you could roll on.

There is a theory, but I do not know if it is true. They say that in EK enchantment is easier. I understand the reason. In this way EK players can reach the Danaria and Katam players. But there is a problem. If in EK the enchantment is easier, then the NCS could do the same in Katalam and Danaria. Why they do not it?

6 minutes ago, Ksara-DN said:

There is a theory, but I do not know if it is true. They say that in EK enchantment is easier. I understand the reason. In this way EK players can reach the Danaria and Katam players. But there is a problem. If in EK the enchantment is easier, then the NCS could do the same in Katalam and Danaria. Why they do not it?

It took me 210 ancient stones and 10 legendary stones to +15 my staff. Is that average, better than average, or worse?

20 hours ago, Nzinga-EK said:

It took me 210 ancient stones and 10 legendary stones to +15 my staff. Is that average, better than average, or worse?

Infinitely better. With everything. I have already spent 500 Ancient stones and something close to 40 legendary stones in a single item and so far this item remains at +10.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:36 PM, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

The 51 stones average for +10 ->+15 is for patch 6.5 and later.

In 6.2 it takes average of 373 ancients stones to +15 an ancient gear from +10.

And RNG variance is a major factor affecting how many stones will actually take you to +10 -> +15 or +0 -> +10.

373 stones? AHAH. Good joke ive used 450+ on my Wings and still no 15. all my gear went to +10 with about 15 stones each. Still no 15.

22 hours ago, Ksara-DN said:

Infinitely better. With everything. I have already spent 500 Ancient stones and something close to 40 legendary stones in a single item and so far this item remains at +10.

Spent nearly 100 legend stones, my legend pvp PA still not at +15.

This is all ridiculous then. I don't understand how they can even consider the possibility of rates being that bad something good for the health of the game. Do they not understand the frustration this could engender in players? Are they expecting players to continue for months on end experiencing failure after failure without thinking perhaps they should spend their time playing other games?

I mean 500 ancients and 40 legendary stones and the item remains +10 boggles the mind. Really, put some darn anti-failure mechanic in there to make sure that people do not see all of their effort wasted over and over again.

Spent nearly 100 legend stones, my legend pvp PA still not at +15.

if its ancient it may be 1000 and it wont go +15. 

This is all ridiculous then. I don't understand how they can even consider the possibility of rates being that bad something good for the health of the game. Do they not understand the frustration this could engender in players? Are they expecting players to continue for months on end experiencing failure after failure without thinking perhaps they should spend their time playing other games?

This is NCwest fault. Like i said in Korea they have acess to leg stone easily in cash shop. Here, only luna buyers and prestige can have extra by getting more entrances to instances.

it seems the 6.x era lasted less than a year in korea. do you think you will get your gear in that time ?

This is NOT a patch thought for new players. If you havent got titles, compensation gear, stigma enchanted, kinah GP in the previous patches, its way too hard to get it now. NC didnt even made the same gold ingot trade at the beggining of the patch. 

This is also certainly NOT a patch for free players. You cant get GP from any instance where you could in the last patch, and cant even buy reset scrolls in the broker from cash shoppers anymore. so no GP from those instances, also, less enchants for gear. Also now, free players get even less GP on siege, meaning, even on siege they are inferior to paying customer, while in other patches they could still earn GP equally as those who pay. 

In pve they get to ress with full life as long as they want, ensuring that dungeons are not failure.

You get the picture.

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

if its ancient it may be 1000 and it wont go +15. 

This is NCwest fault. Like i said in Korea they have acess to leg stone easily in cash shop. Here, only luna buyers and prestige can have extra by getting more entrances to instances.

it seems the 6.x era lasted less than a year in korea. do you think you will get your gear in that time ?

This is NOT a patch thought for new players. If you havent got titles, compensation gear, stigma enchanted, kinah GP in the previous patches, its way too hard to get it now. NC didnt even made the same gold ingot trade at the beggining of the patch. 

This is also certainly NOT a patch for free players. You cant get GP from any instance where you could in the last patch, and cant even buy reset scrolls in the broker from cash shoppers anymore. so no GP from those instances, also, less enchants for gear. Also now, free players get even less GP on siege, meaning, even on siege they are inferior to paying customer, while in other patches they could still earn GP equally as those who pay. 

In pve they get to ress with full life as long as they want, ensuring that dungeons are not failure.

You get the picture.

This. This is by no means a game for new players.

We old players only tolerate whats going on because we understand it's a part of the game and it is the way it is.

Imagine a new player starting with no kinah, has to grind amidst bots, gets all camps done after getting ganked 100 times if not more, and finally got 100 stones or so.

Then starts enchanting because they are called "enchanting stones" only to watch them fail and not even get an item beyond +10!

Please tell me how will that player feel about the game?

Most of us are already at the verge of quitting and we have so much hatred to how the game is run now. Let alone the new players.

This game will never get any new player. And if it gets, it will be because some old cash shop player is supporting them. 

But truth to be told, this is our fault. This is the fault of the players willing to spend 5000$ every month to buy tons of luna and legendary stones only for a CHANCE to get +15 on their items as we are seeing everyday people +15 their PVP items. Yes, we are the ones who made the game the way it is. If people didnt spend, either the game would shutdown or the way it is managed would change.

11 hours ago, Ziekel-DN said:

Este. Este não é um jogo para novos jogadores.

Nós, jogadores antigos, apenas toleramos o que está acontecendo porque entendemos que é parte do jogo e é assim que é.

Imagine um novo jogador começando sem kinah, tem que se esforçar em meio a bots, consegue todos os acampamentos depois de ser 100 vezes ganked, se não mais, e finalmente ter 100 pedras ou mais.

Em seguida, começa a encantar, porque eles são chamados de "pedras encantadoras" apenas para vê-los falhar e nem sequer obter um item além de 10!

Por favor, me diga como esse jogador se sentirá sobre o jogo?

A maioria de nós já está prestes a desistir e nós temos tanto ódio à forma como o jogo é executado agora. Muito menos os novos jogadores.

Este jogo nunca receberá nenhum jogador novo. E se acontecer, será porque algum antigo jogador de cash shop está apoiando-os. 

Mas, verdade seja dita, isso é culpa nossa. Esta é a culpa dos jogadores dispostos a gastar $ 5.000 todos os meses para comprar toneladas de luna e pedras lendárias apenas por uma chance de receber +15 em seus itens, já que estamos vendo pessoas comuns + 15 seus itens PVP. Sim, nós somos aqueles que fizeram o jogo do jeito que é. Se as pessoas não gastassem, o jogo seria encerrado ou a maneira como ele é gerenciado mudaria.

You said it very well, but you have to fix some things.

Some players received from NCS the Ultimate + 15 item. So this player has no purpose in the game. This player no longer needs to put any money in this game and is game over.

There is also no reason for people to buy anything on the site because all items sold are worthless.

We are living in a phase where the game is frozen and there is no perspective.

The economy in AION is ruined. We have nothing of value to buy or sell. There are no changes in the players and all players is a Pet now.

Nobody gets better, no one gets worse. No one can rise in the rankings. Nobody can charm anything. There is no achievable goal.

Either you have or you do not.
Either you are or you will never be.

You will never reach a ranking in the game. It does not matter money or time. You will never have GP to achieve this.

You can play everday now. You will never reach a single Ultimate +15 item. You will never get out of the condition you are in.

Without fixing the bugs, without a perspective and without progress, the AION is just a game waiting for you to quit.

Our biggest question is whether this happens because management is bad or if there is a willingness to put an end to the game.

16 hours ago, Ziekel-DN said:

This. This is by no means a game for new players.

We old players only tolerate whats going on because we understand it's a part of the game and it is the way it is.

Imagine a new player starting with no kinah, has to grind amidst bots, gets all camps done after getting ganked 100 times if not more, and finally got 100 stones or so.

Then starts enchanting because they are called "enchanting stones" only to watch them fail and not even get an item beyond +10!

Please tell me how will that player feel about the game?

Most of us are already at the verge of quitting and we have so much hatred to how the game is run now. Let alone the new players.

This game will never get any new player. And if it gets, it will be because some old cash shop player is supporting them. 

But truth to be told, this is our fault. This is the fault of the players willing to spend 5000$ every month to buy tons of luna and legendary stones only for a CHANCE to get +15 on their items as we are seeing everyday people +15 their PVP items. Yes, we are the ones who made the game the way it is. If people didnt spend, either the game would shutdown or the way it is managed would change.

well, from my perspective, this patch is still better than 5.x wherein you can just buy EVERYTHING, from best PvP/PvP items and even make it +15 (or more). I'm barely a new player, I play ON and OFF for the last 5 years, lol. I stopped playing 6 months ago, with 60+ omegas / temperings and some 'best' PvP / PvE items during that time, some are purified most are not. When 6.2 launched, I give it a try. My exchange gears are just the ancient zenith +10s, pvp / pve, some of my items are not even eligible for exchange,on a side note, a day before 6.2 I try to enchant some and even spent most of the omega/temperings that I saved (which I regret to this day, i should have just saved those stones!) well my point is, those exchange gears that I got can be farmed by a new player for just maybe 3 weeks!, with like 40m in my inventory I barely spent a kinah now and just grind everything. Even the leveling now is a breeze compared to 5.x. I do agree that enchantments are just bad, I keep failing on +11 legendary with legendary stones.

I would choose this patch over 5.8 any day.

But I do agree that the gear gap to those old players with legendary / ultimate gears are just insane. Let just hope that they are kind enough to carry those new / returning players with qualified stats to to instances.

just my 2 cents.

59 minutes ago, Jigen-DN said:

well, from my perspective, this patch is still better than 5.x wherein you can just buy EVERYTHING, from best PvP/PvP items and even make it +15 (or more). I'm barely a new player, I play ON and OFF for the last 5 years, lol. I stopped playing 6 months ago, with 60+ omegas / temperings and some 'best' PvP / PvE items during that time, some are purified most are not. When 6.2 launched, I give it a try. My exchange gears are just the ancient zenith +10s, pvp / pve, some of my items are not even eligible for exchange,on a side note, a day before 6.2 I try to enchant some and even spent most of the omega/temperings that I saved (which I regret to this day, i should have just saved those stones!) well my point is, those exchange gears that I got can be farmed by a new player for just maybe 3 weeks!, with like 40m in my inventory I barely spent a kinah now and just grind everything. Even the leveling now is a breeze compared to 5.x. I do agree that enchantments are just bad, I keep failing on +11 legendary with legendary stones.

I would choose this patch over 5.8 any day.

But I do agree that the gear gap to those old players with legendary / ultimate gears are just insane. Let just hope that they are kind enough to carry those new / returning players with qualified stats to to instances.

just my 2 cents.

:D No,  99% either AFK  to show off their gear,  or they log off or they run their alts through the instances. Maybe 1 % will actually help anyone else now. If you run into that 1% make sure you thank them and then pass it on yourself one day.

Archived