Issues that should really be addressed in this game

KnightZM-KT

Check off one of the choices if you agree with what is posted  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Check off one of the choices if you agree with what is posted

• Agreed these are issues that should be looked into
    • Kinda agree with some of the issues brought up
    • Don't agree at all

Issues that need to be addressed in Aion. Aion is slowly losing players and will eventually die off. Even with people sending in multiple tickets nothing gets done and these are what is making people leave the game!... Make Aion Great again NCSoft, Listen to the players!

Maps - Seriously the maps are quiet boring and way too large for no reason. In short, Katalam was great! (but you killed it off) The 4 bases in the middle of the map and the Fortress's was the bomb, everyone use to PvP for fun or for BM quests or just to help out other players when needed. Every thing around Katalam no one cared about, it was only the few bases in the middle and the fortress that made Katalam fun and enjoyable. These new maps like Kaldor are 100% empty, Levinshor? 98% empty, Cygnea? 100% empty. No one uses these maps, they are literally boring and what makes it boring is that you have to wait to get into a rift just to go find some other players to PVP or raid. Tiamantra's eye was great fun too, it was a small map, both factions based in one map, major rewards all in one smaller map to play on.

Hackers - A very common NCSOFT issue! If your not going to take our hundreds of videos and screenshots then come up with some kind of system to deal with them. A lot of players are reporting issues, posting issues and videos of hackers and nothing gets done. In short, Why do we bother playing this game if were just going to get smashed in 2 seconds every time I step outside of Sanctum?

Community engagement - What are you doing it bring in new players? is the game honestly at the back of the line, really haven't seen any GMs answer this. Nothing gets updated, if there is an instance bug it generally takes 3-5months to get fixed. There is no promotions or entitlements to any players other then what is in your credit card.

Account Buyers - Sure its wrong, (and I wouldn't mind buying a level 75 account because i work on average 60Hour weeks and most players don't have the time and energy to grind and farm mobs to level....) BUT, Even with screenshot evidence and multiple GM in ticketing system saying they concluded there investigation, that they will be taking action. NO ACTION what so ever is done. Sure I totally agree levelling to 75 and grinding gear is a pain in the ass, but why should it come with the Rank? Can we not look into stripping GP off these accounts based off evidence?

Gearing - Every patch that comes in becomes increasingly expensive to gear. When people who drop there wallet on the keyboard instantly get geared. How are you helping the community with this or how can you help? Even though the new 75 abyss armour/weapon being tradeable on the Trade Broker, How is it helping anyone out when you have the best gear, best stones and still get killed in 2 seconds by hackers and zerg parties. 

Quests - We either have not enough quests to keep players engaged or they are meaningless grinds. 75? no problem grind these quests until your eyes drop out. Most quests we have seen are basic quests, kill this mob in that instance, or kill 50 mobs in Iluma or Norsvold. Its becoming quiet boring and tedious in a repetitive nature.

Ranking System - *** This is a major issue that needs to be addressed for all true PVP players *** Since Aion 4.7, I feel as though a lot of the players are bored with PVP and others are using the GP ranking system has there own personal goal, A lot of players who have gained major titles like "General" Or "Commander" do not even attend any form of PvP or Sieging within the game, Players who do have these titles do not even use there special abilities (eg. Xform, Commander stun, etc.) any where and they are only making the game become unbearable when it does come to a PVP Siege and the opposite faction 100vs70 players or 200vs80. This really puts a dampening on the game where people leave because they have become furious with the standard of the game, because the faction cannot even compare to the opposite faction and completely takes the joy out of the game. In comparison, 1450GP is way to low amount for maintaining rank. Anyone can get 1450GP and afk the rest of the time just to hold onto Rank this should either scale per higher rank or be higher in general. Examples are, Some Commanders or generals who DO NOT and HAVE NOT attended a siege in a year (or even PVP) can hold this rank by running EB, IS, or even do 1v1 in Arenas all day to Hold and Maintain Commander status. In return this also mean that player doesn't need to attend any form of sieging and also lets down the faction in need.

People responding to the thread try to be as civil as possible lets keep this thread open as long as possible, if you have something to add comment below and if you can list all the tickets you made. 

Combined compilation of Zombiemastor-SL, Danums-SL, Gibbsfreeenergy-sl,Deathman-sl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I 100% agree! I'm fed up with the level of BS that is happening and its time to take a stance before others also quit the game for good.

This game was so fun and yet I know a lot of people are beginning to leave it and look for other games to play instead. A lot people are exploiting the system that much its ruining the fun of the common people which results in them leaving Aion. The game is slowly dying and I want to help the community restore it back to its former glory.

NCSoft listen to the players for once please. Help us make Aion great again!

RIP Katalam/Tiamantra's eye  <3 I miss you so much :(

I agree with this as well pvp was more fun back in the tia/kat/dinaria days. now its zerg v zerg and hope there aren't a group of hackers.

There is to much pay to win and not enough GM's doing anything about hacking, account trading/ sharing, or stopping people that waste high rank just for personal stuff.

And the 75 grind is way to much there needs to be some large exp quests to beat the repetitive shit we now have to do just to get a cp point.

In short I believe that the gm's actually need to take in account of what the players are asking for and try using some of the suggestions rather then copy pasting the Korean stuff to us!

If it's any consolation, the rank thing has been a problem for countless years, even and maybe especially when AP was the source of your rank, and the GP system change in 5.3(?) was their attempt to address the problems of crappy people holding rank. The required GP amount is definitely too low.

Otherwise, as a whole, yeah, I agree with most of your post. Katalam really got nice when the safe pads were raised. Cygnea/Enshar are beyond awful, and Norsvold/Iluma is their attempt to return to the "glory days" of Aion.

Aion is dying in Korea too, unfortunately, with the decisions Korea is making, let alone the limited options they give NA in making changes for the playerbase. The hackers/cheaters and account buyers are out of hand for sure and are the biggest reason why I can't stand logging in.

43 minutes ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

If it's any consolation, the rank thing has been a problem for countless years, even and maybe especially when AP was the source of your rank, and the GP system change in 5.3(?) was their attempt to address the problems of crappy people holding rank. The required GP amount is definitely too low.

Otherwise, as a whole, yeah, I agree with most of your post. Katalam really got nice when the safe pads were raised. Cygnea/Enshar are beyond awful, and Norsvold/Iluma is their attempt to return to the "glory days" of Aion.

Aion is dying in Korea too, unfortunately, with the decisions Korea is making, let alone the limited options they give NA in making changes for the playerbase. The hackers/cheaters and account buyers are out of hand for sure and are the biggest reason why I can't stand logging in.

Totally in agreement with you cheesecake, now basically what most people do is log in run OW  afk for an run IDL/afk siege almost worth not logging at all. But whats  really irritating is that the GM say they are doing something about it whenever you send in a ticket. but no action being taken. But you slip up 1 time swearing lol gets banned like...

I vote "kinda agree" because you have things like hackers and more communication that no one would disagree with. 

I don't understand the obsession with Katalam and Danaria.   I found them to be stressful and not all that fun. Usually it came down to whose Zerg was larger at a given time.  I didn't play much at that time as those zones weren't fun to me and I enjoyed Cygnea and Enshar.  

Even getting BM quests done was a chore.  Tons of KSing as people wanted to do them while they felt safe - when tons of the faction were all in the same spot.  Then there were the long ass respawn timers and not enough mobs. 

Hello in my opinion on the range of abyys, the range should be won, not bought, for something is the rank or not ?, the range is, to compete with the other players, but now, what happens when someone, buy an account with rank plus if it is a rank, that is high and influences with the other players of the server like the "Commander" and "Governor", when buying a type of account with a high rank, "competition of ranges" is lost, and the order is lost, I leave my opinion, my English is not good, I hope you understand me :)B|

8 hours ago, Channing-IS said:

I vote "kinda agree" because you have things like hackers and more communication that no one would disagree with. 

I don't understand the obsession with Katalam and Danaria.   I found them to be stressful and not all that fun. Usually it came down to whose Zerg was larger at a given time.  I didn't play much at that time as those zones weren't fun to me and I enjoyed Cygnea and Enshar.  

Even getting BM quests done was a chore.  Tons of KSing as people wanted to do them while they felt safe - when tons of the faction were all in the same spot.  Then there were the long ass respawn timers and not enough mobs. 

Katalam didn't get good until 4.5+ when they super decreased spawn timers and there were fewer zergs camping a spot. Beginning of 4.0 was definitely potato.

I used to see more zergs around Katalam than any other place, even at those camps closer to the base, which were only meant as an introduction for newer players. So, I personally find the thought of "now its all zerg vs zerg" a whole pile of Corpus excrement.

Katalam (and Danaria, though with the EB entrance in the middle zergs are to be expected) was the zergiest map I have ever been to, and one of the many reasons it sucked.

"Maps - Seriously the maps are quiet boring and way too large for no reason. In short, Katalam was great! (but you killed it off) The 4 bases in the middle of the map and the Fortress's was the bomb, everyone use to PvP for fun or for BM quests or just to help out other players when needed. Every thing around Katalam no one cared about, it was only the few bases in the middle and the fortress that made Katalam fun and enjoyable. These new maps like Kaldor are 100% empty, Levinshor? 98% empty, Cygnea? 100% empty. No one uses these maps, they are literally boring and what makes it boring is that you have to wait to get into a rift just to go find some other players to PVP or raid. Tiamantra's eye was great fun too, it was a small map, both factions based in one map, major rewards all in one smaller map to play on."

I agree with that and I understand that the problem is that they created many maps that are not relevant in any signicant way. You don't need to be there because theres nothing to gain on those maps. Basically, everytime you are online there are many instances you can do (or afk, which is most of the cases) whose rewards are better than the ones you get on the map. The new maps are not worth the time you waste exploring them. It's actually more profitable to afk whatever is on at the moment.

What NC should do is not to put every single instance everyday on prime time, not having siege everyday, and have some time off that stuff. Also the fact that everyone had to get their BM weeklies every week for a nice ammount of kinah and AP, GP. 

So let's make it clear to NC here: Do not have every single instance every single day + siege to do on prime time. Have one day for dredge(2 or 3 entrances), one day for Kamar, one day for siege(preferably all forts at the same time), 1 day for open world, and so on. 

Also there's the complaint about the focus on abyss, which came back on latest patches. We do that content already for years. No one i know likes  flight pvp. The ground forts were much more fun to do, also there were Silona where you had flight pvp. 

Theres also the fact that the abyss is an ugly map. Aion is a game that must appeal to the eyes and ears of the players. 

Hackers - A very common NCSOFT issue! If your not going to take our hundreds of videos and screenshots then come up with some kind of system to deal with them. A lot of players are reporting issues, posting issues and videos of hackers and nothing gets done. In short, Why do we bother playing this game if were just going to get smashed in 2 seconds every time I step outside of Sanctum?

This is also a urgent issue. Basically every gladiator i find can target me on hide 2.

Ranking System - *** This is a major issue that needs to be addressed for all true PVP players *** Since Aion 4.7, I feel as though a lot of the players are bored with PVP and others are using the GP ranking system has there own personal goal, A lot of players who have gained major titles like "General" Or "Commander" do not even attend any form of PvP or Sieging within the game, Players who do have these titles do not even use there special abilities (eg. Xform, Commander stun, etc.) any where and they are only making the game become unbearable when it does come to a PVP Siege and the opposite faction 100vs70 players or 200vs80. This really puts a dampening on the game where people leave because they have become furious with the standard of the game, because the faction cannot even compare to the opposite faction and completely takes the joy out of the game. In comparison, 1450GP is way to low amount for maintaining rank. Anyone can get 1450GP and afk the rest of the time just to hold onto Rank this should either scale per higher rank or be higher in general. Examples are, Some Commanders or generals who DO NOT and HAVE NOT attended a siege in a year (or even PVP) can hold this rank by running EB, IS, or even do 1v1 in Arenas all day to Hold and Maintain Commander status. In return this also mean that player doesn't need to attend any form of sieging and also lets down the faction in need.

This is a problem that NC does not want to adress. Because it's easy to fix these, by making floating ranks. A governor and every rank above and equal to 5 star must be given for the people who get more GP on that month(or perhaps about 2 or 3 weeks). Simple. People who slack get kicked off, at least temporarily.

don't understand the obsession with Katalam and Danaria.   I found them to be stressful and not all that fun. Usually it came down to whose Zerg was larger at a given time.  I didn't play much at that time as those zones weren't fun to me and I enjoyed Cygnea and Enshar.  

Zergs were frequent on the middle bases. In general, they had elite mobs and were up mostly for a fun time or a challenge because you didn't had to do ALL of them. There were bases where mostly you would frequently find more asmodians as their location were more convenient to them, and the same for the elyos. Also, I disagree with the idea that the latest 4.x patches made Katalan and Danaria better. The ramping up of the safe zones were a good idea, yes, but they changed at the same time the teleport system so you only had to teleport to certain locations to get to certain places. You didn't had to cross and walk on the map to get in certain places as you had in the beggining of 4.x era. That changed the whole experience. also it allowed elyos and asmodians to get quick to bases which should be mostly of the other faction, and gave them a obelisk there to boot, which was an idiotic idea. There should have been no safe zones for the opposite faction on those bases.

Regarding the maps, I think NCSoft took a step in the right direction for Iluma and Norsvold. The problem is that they didn't commit to keeping the maps updated. 

To me, Katalam and Danaria were amazing maps for PvP because they had an incentive for everyone to go out into the open world: the bloodmark camps. The bloodmark camps were dispersed throughout the entire map, and the rewards were enticing enough for solo and small groups to go out and farm. This made open world solo PvP viable because people were travelling across the entire map to get their bloodmarks done, which meant that there were plenty of opportunities to have a small-scale PvP encounter anywhere; you could run into a group of 3 who were walking to their next camp or catch a solo player who was farming balaur dogs by surprise.

Iluma and Norsvold, at the beginning of 5.0, felt just like Katalam and Danaria. At this point, people were grinding mobs and doing open world quests to level up, which meant that people had an incentive to disperse throughout the map. There were actual asmo players in every corner of Norsvold, and it was great hunting them down and being hunted down across the whole map.

Sadly, they never updated the rewards. Instead, they gave us an incentive to do instances for exp: fissure of oblivion and the luna instances. Even now, they've updated cradle of eternity to be more exp-rewarding. I'm not saying that these instance exp updates are bad, but when NCSoft fails to update the maps to go along with these new changes, what you have now are players being concentrated at their bases farming instances, and when you have players concentrated in one area and a group of PvPers from the opposite faction looking for a fight, you get a zerg.

tl;dr: Katalam and Danaria gave people an incentive do open-world stuff and to disperse across the map. This made open-world PvP great. Iluma and Norsvold need to do the same thing.

Its funny people keep going back to Kata/Dana only for the simple reason that was the biggest era of bugs that this game has had since release. 

Temping = CC hackers sold majority of them.

Instance scrolls = CC hacks sold majority of them.

Duping = Vietnamese who transferred from KR to SL know what i am talking about.

Instance reset bug = Ncsoft nyerk up but refused to acknowledge it.

4 Major points to what made 4.x era great and if you used any of this your as bad as the hackers/ account buyers. People can act blind and pretend this is not the reason the majority of f2p players left the game but you are delusional. f2p players are the core of a f2p game. When the Whales out number the f2p your game will rapidly go down hill.

Katalam was a fun and memorable map for very specific reasons: it gave players on both factions equal access to the contested zones, it gave players a reason to be on the fields, and it gave players PvP equipment that was easy to get…so everyone would compete on equal conditions, there were (of course) things that were badly implemented…but it was overall a fun experience, something that couldn’t be replicated on the maps that came after.

As for the current version of the game, there is no reason to be on the fields anymore, there are no valuable drops, low xp and barely any quest to do…so the maps are empty as people prefers to be on instanced dungeons instead. It’s clear that the developers decided to make all PvP content instance based as well, so players spend their time there, but in the long term, it becomes the routine and players get tired of it; big example of this is Evergale Valley: it was a fun PvP experience when it was introduced, but 3 hours a day, every day, it’s too much and people (myself included) got bored of it really fast.

Since there are so many PvP dungeons, and some of them are scheduled to coincide with the siege, players simply chose the event that will give them more rewards, and this lead us to another issue which is the siege itself: players got used to attend to the siege only if it’s an assured victory, because, if it is contested, the amount of gp earned will be low and not worthy compared to the gp that could be earned on IDL for example (which happens at the same time), thus, attendance to the siege is usually low and on most times unequal.

The siege changes introduced on 5.3 made the faction dependent on the participation of the higher echelon, and if they decide to not show up it impacts heavily on the faction strength, often leading to a defeat.

The rank system has become an issue on the game, there are too many PvE ways to get gp, and some others that require a minimal effort, afk on the siege has become a common thing and an easy way to get gp, which allows players to keep 5 star and above ranks without much effort. I’m not saying that PvE players that hold ranks capable of using the abyss skills (guardian general transformation and commander stun mainly) should be forced to attend to the siege, at the end, everyone plays the game the way they want, but…….when their absence in the siege affects the rest of the faction something needs to be done.

Perhaps, if ranks would be reset from time to time players would be more active and more encouraged to participate on the sieges, of course, this could be abused (something that we can discuss on another thread) but the thing is, that the game (which is supposed to be a PvP game) has become a mindless grind: running daily dungeons, spamming luna and event dungeons with as many alts as possible and then jump to PvE siege….that’s the routine, and it’s tiresome. I remember how immersive Aion used to be, and I truly hope that it could be like that once more.

Anyone remember when the pvp instances were bugged on Korea time, I feel as if it was a better format cause your not forced to grind both idl and ow in the same day just for the sake of people getting ahead of you and gives you more relaxing time than doing the same thing everyday.

7 hours ago, LittleSpoon-SL said:

As I said in o e my post that got locked, just boycott them y'all need to not log in. Probably won't happen but if enough of you don't log in maybe they will see.

Seems like a very good idea but peoples addiction to this game and non caring won't allow it.

7 hours ago, Rinkusan-SL said:

Regarding the maps, I think NCSoft took a step in the right direction for Iluma and Norsvold. The problem is that they didn't commit to keeping the maps updated. 

To me, Katalam and Danaria were amazing maps for PvP because they had an incentive for everyone to go out into the open world: the bloodmark camps. The bloodmark camps were dispersed throughout the entire map, and the rewards were enticing enough for solo and small groups to go out and farm. This made open world solo PvP viable because people were travelling across the entire map to get their bloodmarks done, which meant that there were plenty of opportunities to have a small-scale PvP encounter anywhere; you could run into a group of 3 who were walking to their next camp or catch a solo player who was farming balaur dogs by surprise.

Iluma and Norsvold, at the beginning of 5.0, felt just like Katalam and Danaria. At this point, people were grinding mobs and doing open world quests to level up, which meant that people had an incentive to disperse throughout the map. There were actual asmo players in every corner of Norsvold, and it was great hunting them down and being hunted down across the whole map.

Sadly, they never updated the rewards. Instead, they gave us an incentive to do instances for exp: fissure of oblivion and the luna instances. Even now, they've updated cradle of eternity to be more exp-rewarding. I'm not saying that these instance exp updates are bad, but when NCSoft fails to update the maps to go along with these new changes, what you have now are players being concentrated at their bases farming instances, and when you have players concentrated in one area and a group of PvPers from the opposite faction looking for a fight, you get a zerg.

tl;dr: Katalam and Danaria gave people an incentive do open-world stuff and to disperse across the map. This made open-world PvP great. Iluma and Norsvold need to do the same thing.

I feel as if the pvp can be revived if quests with greater exp bonuses are given per area make them weekly, daily, and group quests to promote some kind of group pvp. I really like illuma/Norsvold but it can get boring cause one side gives up too soon.

The ranking system should be reset, with the removal of pvp instances scrolls on bcm and arena tickets. people will have more motivation to push for ranks because a lot of the player base look at all the gp that everyone else has and its basically no point.

That schedule was and is awful. The windows for each instance were extremely limited. If you could not be online for one, you were left stranded for the whole week.

Then we have our usual schedule, in which we have like three windows for each instance each day. Allows players to just wait for the following one if too busy.

Idk why anyone would hate katalam and danaria honesty. I really can't figure it out. I mean yea at first the safe pads were lame but we just kept our distance and still killed many running back. Having fun timing pulls or awesome combo wombos on people that second was great. Yea it for better after they made them higher. 

What they need to so is expand levinshor(somehow make it bigger with new roads, mobs and really anything), make the camps quest like katalam and danaria camps add more camps even to get bloodmarks(I love farming bloodmarks, always something to do with them). I liked killed them mobs because it was something new other then looking at ugly elyos. Also make the abyss camps freaking easier... I would of loved to be able to do the camps on my alt 70s, but yea I have horrible rng so i never landing anything... on freaking mops. But yea anyways katalam and danaria was life rip aion. Good luck to y'all for real. I wish aion kept my interest, sadly it has not and I missed my fps games so yea. #freedum

I suggest we implement a voting system to the ranking system. The people who achieve enough GP to obtain General Rank and above are legible to be voted in order to become what rank the players believe they deserve. I generally don't like first past the post voting system, so ranking a set of players from 1-# is the best (1 for Governor, 2 for Commander.)

For example (in preference)

1 - Player 1 (Governor) 

2 - Player 2 (Commander)

3 - Player 3 (Commander)

4 - Player 4 (Great General) 

After totalling the numbers, lowest total point player, wins Governor, second lowest gets first commander, third lowest gets second commander, fourth lowest gets Greater General and so forth. This does many things, one of which if your number one did not get the spot, most likely they would get 2nd or 3rd, which is still great. (Or watch CGP Grey's video on voting - Politics in the Animal Kingdom: Single Transferable Vote, for a better, clearer idea.)

These players keep the rank for one only month, which at the beginning of every month, GP is reset. Voting is cast on the last week, before rank is shifted.  In this scenario, it requires players who desire high ranks to be active in all areas, PVE and PVP, avoids acquiring rank by an automatic system, and gives players a choice to shift rank power between players. I remember hearing about high rankers that abuse power or behave badly during siege or just afking. The voting system encourages high ranking players to maintain an excellent quality of leadership and reputation on their server. However, someone on this post said the GP reset could be abused, if Nadierzhda could kindly elaborate on it. 

I hope you can all understand what I'm trying to get. Basically, give players a choice. Just like this event. It's nice because you give players power to control what they want and what they need. Freedom, choice and autonomy is what makes even a country great. So do this for the server. 

-

In the light of everything else, I agree, although the only disparity between players is personal preference. Maps are pointless if they have no value, moreso when they removed item drops from Illuma and Norsvold (I understand in the case of bots, but if NCsoft bothered to work hard...). Also if Levinshor's camp could be easier to farm, along with the additional of spinel medals, that map would be packed with PVP and PVE. PVE could be for Illuma and Norsvold. For Kaldor...there was never a strong purpose for it and should be revamped with some rewarding world boss raid. Different maps, different purpose. As of now, they are all the same to each other. I can think of many things NC could do to refresh every map possible. But that is a post way too long. I don't believe Aion will improve, given the content of 5.8, you can tell they are not working on a lot at all. Just an extra fort and purify material that is too long and complex and too profound for players to bother enjoying. 

Let me hear your thoughts. 

Sincerely, 

Squirty (I'm not 'Squid' - people of Siel, stop pming me for the last three years...omg.)

Archived