KnightZM-KT

Check off one of the choices if you agree with what is posted  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Check off one of the choices if you agree with what is posted

• Agreed these are issues that should be looked into
    • Kinda agree with some of the issues brought up
    • Don't agree at all

Kinda agree with some of this.

However the fact that someone who clearly represents your second point took the time to post just proves that nothing will be done, better to just move on from the issues then keep reitterating the issues as it will just drive you crazy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they wish to allow GP to be obtained from PvE, then how about adding an extra requirement for ranks above 5 star? A third different token only obtained from sieges and big raid events (Norsvold/Iluma invasion). Then those wishing to achieve those high ranks will be required to siege amyway.

Those who do achieve it will be active during sieges. Those who just rank up through random GP gain will not get them. I suppose it should expire, just like GP does.

57 minutes ago, Bryos-TM said:

If they wish to allow GP to be obtained from PvE, then how about adding an extra requirement for ranks above 5 star? A third different token only obtained from sieges and big raid events (Norsvold/Iluma invasion). Then those wishing to achieve those high ranks will be required to siege amyway.

Those who do achieve it will be active during sieges. Those who just rank up through random GP gain will not get them. I suppose it should expire, just like GP does.

Really fantastic idea. I mean, we know it won't ever get implemented, but it's a great idea.

"AP rank" started out as a pure PvP title, EB changed that to cater to PvE. It had its problems but with the increased GP gain from Sieges, Arenas and pvp instances it has came full circle. Sure, people can get 3/4/5* very easily now but I feel a lot of people are forgetting that this is not due to "PvE players getting ranks by grinding gp" it is happening due to there being more open ranks than people to fill them. This *should* change after the merge. 

PvE: This game lacks objectives. For a games PvE to flourish it needs enough goals to focus on at all times. The current AoE/CoE/BoS chain is a positive set up however they ruined this by making all instance dropped gear tradable. People can just buy (inexpensively) their CoE pieces. Gear trading can be a positive thing but we should still have items that can only be obtained through effort. If there is no reward for the time invested then people will not invest it. At this point, Aion is down to the players who 1) Play because they love the game with unwavering devotion, 2) play because they have a lot of cash to drop or 3) play until they run into the endless grind of "log in, run aoe/run coe done pve until next week" mentality and then quit. I do not consider tlabs/adma/uax3 instances. These have no real "reason" to do them. Either small kinah ventures or boredom. NC has the right idea on making these instances drop items rather than gear but I feel they are not understanding what a player needs. We do not care about essence core fluids that fail after +1. We do not care about enchantment stone dust now that youve ruined the rates and forced us to use omegas. Add rewards that are up with the times or easier, add a token system like conquerer marks and make a vendor that exchanges them for universal support items like level reduction, skill reassignment scrolls, suppliments etc. 

Bring back reasons to wander the maps as well. Early on, Iluma was on the right track. Primordials was a great idea. Add more open world stuff, bring the PvE tokens to Primordials, add world bosses like the Provanance dropping mobs. Have them drop PvE armor and enchanting materials. 

Basically, add some form of blood mark system but for PvE. Give us daily quests, weekly primordial style quests that focus on exp but also reward the PvE tokens. By having the rewards consist of gear enhancement, pvp players will also benefeit.

As for PvP, Katalam/Danaria worked so well because it had two things. One was a reason to world pvp in the form of the blood mark system and two was that it had specific hot spots for it. People converged on the small camps to do those quests causing people NOT doing them to hang around in hopes of pvping the ones who are. This worked. Give it back to us lol. AP gear is now universal, adding "new blood medal gear!" Is now pointless. Just give us PvP quests that reward tokens to exchange for AP/medals/GP. Let us murder each other, turn in a pvp kill quest for "x amount of tokens" then go exchange said tokens for 100, 200 GP, Major crown bundles, 5 spinel medals etc etc. You can create the hot spots by adding rotating camps through the zones that show on the maps. Like "Ponton Marsh is under attack!" When an asmo rift spawns an NPC spawns beside it that gives quests to kill elyos players and npcs in specific camps that correlates with the elyos defensive orders. The asmos quest to kill the NPC could give a substantial reward, like 1,000 GP and AP/medals, make him a legendary mob. They will also have "kill 20 elyos here" with smaller rewards. This will bring the Asmodians to the camp, and Elyos can get the flip side, our NPC lives? We get rewards. Killed 20 asmos? Rewards. Hell, we could even utilize the coalition set up but on a smaller scale. Keep this medium sized with multiple rifts/camps happening at once to keep it from turning into a single area with huge zergs.

Aion needs to draw in new players to survive. Will NC expend the effort to do this? Likely not with the games age, but heres to hoping. 

9 hours ago, SquirtyAlter-SL said:

I suggest we implement a voting system to the ranking system. The people who achieve enough GP to obtain General Rank and above are legible to be voted in order to become what rank the players believe they deserve. I generally don't like first past the post voting system, so ranking a set of players from 1-# is the best (1 for Governor, 2 for Commander.)

For example (in preference)

1 - Player 1 (Governor) 

2 - Player 2 (Commander)

3 - Player 3 (Commander)

4 - Player 4 (Great General) 

After totalling the numbers, lowest total point player, wins Governor, second lowest gets first commander, third lowest gets second commander, fourth lowest gets Greater General and so forth. This does many things, one of which if your number one did not get the spot, most likely they would get 2nd or 3rd, which is still great. (Or watch CGP Grey's video on voting - Politics in the Animal Kingdom: Single Transferable Vote, for a better, clearer idea.)

These players keep the rank for one only month, which at the beginning of every month, GP is reset. Voting is cast on the last week, before rank is shifted.  In this scenario, it requires players who desire high ranks to be active in all areas, PVE and PVP, avoids acquiring rank by an automatic system, and gives players a choice to shift rank power between players. I remember hearing about high rankers that abuse power or behave badly during siege or just afking. The voting system encourages high ranking players to maintain an excellent quality of leadership and reputation on their server. However, someone on this post said the GP reset could be abused, if Nadierzhda could kindly elaborate on it. 

I hope you can all understand what I'm trying to get. Basically, give players a choice. Just like this event. It's nice because you give players power to control what they want and what they need. Freedom, choice and autonomy is what makes even a country great. So do this for the server. 

-

In the light of everything else, I agree, although the only disparity between players is personal preference. Maps are pointless if they have no value, moreso when they removed item drops from Illuma and Norsvold (I understand in the case of bots, but if NCsoft bothered to work hard...). Also if Levinshor's camp could be easier to farm, along with the additional of spinel medals, that map would be packed with PVP and PVE. PVE could be for Illuma and Norsvold. For Kaldor...there was never a strong purpose for it and should be revamped with some rewarding world boss raid. Different maps, different purpose. As of now, they are all the same to each other. I can think of many things NC could do to refresh every map possible. But that is a post way too long. I don't believe Aion will improve, given the content of 5.8, you can tell they are not working on a lot at all. Just an extra fort and purify material that is too long and complex and too profound for players to bother enjoying. 

Let me hear your thoughts. 

Sincerely, 

Squirty (I'm not 'Squid' - people of Siel, stop pming me for the last three years...omg.)

I think squirty's idea is pretty good so essentially why not just consider only the top 15 part of this process. Ranks 30 to 15 as generals and 15 to 1 as Great Generals, then have a survey each month with a voting system where it only votes for Governor and 2 Commanders. Voting time I think should be only 48 hours then the survey goes away. the retaining governor/Commanders retain the rank until this 48 hour time period is done. This doesn't seem too hard to implement and having the top 15 as Great generals doesn't make it totally loss cause for ranking. As for generals almost all the servers have a lot of useless generals to ggens so it would be too easy.

As for camps in levishor and illuma/Norsvold what if ncsoft implemented maybe 100 gp /100m exp and increased bloodmark per camp quest. 100 gp for getting like 5 kills around that specific camp. and for doing the blood mark quests 100m exp and increased blood marks/blood medals will give a lot of initiative. like currently I think pvp kills around camps what 5 gp? why not make it 50 to 100 it would promote chaos at each camp for people to get there weekly pvps done and have fun too.

I have always thought  Abyss rank should be earned solely from sieges. Xform is a siege mechanic and should only be earned from it! now there is other ranks in game for Cruci and other shit. Abyss rank should ONLY be earned from sieges.and also they should add systems in place to try and prevent these people from AFK sieging. Rank means nothing now except for xform. gear isn't tied to your rank anymore with the new shit.

I have reached a point that I cannot grind anymore to level up. Lately, I just made some new accounts and I'm leveling up new characters, it is okay but I know almost all that there is to do. :)

Leveling up characters after lvl-66 is such a pain/boring that even my patience is tested and I find myself playing less and less Aion. :(

Please, NCsoft make leveling in Aion easier! :)

New gp system is almost same as old ap system, they should drop gp to 0 if you didn't get required amount of gp, at least every month we prob can saw new xfroms. Selling accounts?kinah,or smth for real money its fine, just let it be as black market, and yea, remove gp and medals from all pve instances, and medals from all pvp instances and arenas, plus i wish in que for pane will be legion thingy,like if your legion own abyss fort,memebers can que for pane, its will make a bit "less noise" between ppls for leading,plus legions will at least mean smth,not just being tag under your name

1 minute ago, Endorphine-SL said:

1- New gp system is almost same as old ap system, they should drop gp to 0 if you didn't get required amount of gp, at least every month we prob can saw new xfroms. Selling accounts?kinah,or smth for real money its fine (2), just let it be as black market, and yea, remove gp and medals from all pve instances, and medals from all pvp instances and arenas, (3) plus i wish in que for pane will be legion thingy,like if your legion own abyss fort,memebers can que for pane, its will make a bit "less noise" between ppls for leading,plus legions will at least mean smth,not just being tag under your name

1- while the new GP system is not perfect, it has a couple of advantage. Under the old system (I'm talking particularly when Aion first came out)  there really was no incentive for a high rank to be out in the open world, especially as a solo player. A high rank gained almost no AP from AP, lost a lot of AP when they lost, and it took a lot of AP for anything (gear, seeds, etc). The GP system was an improvement in that respect.

2 Not going to agree with you there, especially when it takes so little time to create an level an account.  Create a new one, don't buy one, especially a high rank.

3 Disagree again, let everyone have their chance to get in. Once you're in, you can form your alliance for your legion if you want (although that may or may not be best for your faction). Everyone is on equal ground (meaning each server), to deal with that "noise", ever think it could be a good way to improve the community? (i.e. learn to co-operate)

14 hours ago, Krysalinne-SL said:

Re: "NotSquid's" idea - Wouldn't voting turn it into a popularity contest? I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Voting is generally a fail-safe idea. Sure, you can vote based on popularity, however, if they cannot lead siege, participate in PVP/PVE, aid the faction like a leader, then you are popular for no reason. The faction cannot benefit from a useless popular person, hence why would anyone vote for them? Everyone will soon see what they have lost by illogical/emotional voting. You are popular because you are good at PVP/PVE, knowledgeable in the game, kind, fair and respectable leader. You won't get votes by pity. You can even be rude to the bone, but if you have ability, that will always speak much more.

2 hours ago, SquirtyAlter-SL said:

Voting is generally a fail-safe idea. Sure, you can vote based on popularity, however, if they cannot lead siege, participate in PVP/PVE, aid the faction like a leader, then you are popular for no reason. The faction cannot benefit from a useless popular person, hence why would anyone vote for them? Everyone will soon see what they have lost by illogical/emotional voting. You are popular because you are good at PVP/PVE, knowledgeable in the game, kind, fair and respectable leader. You won't get votes by pity. You can even be rude to the bone, but if you have ability, that will always speak much more.

Yeah I'm with Squid and Zombie. I'm pretty sure if they did put some sort of voting system in that every BAD/Attention seeking player would try to get everyone to vote for them. Its like when some of the old known players came back into the game after years and demanded there "Social Title" back. If your bad your bad, Keep away from the positions because your making everyone else fail because of your own ignorance and arrogance.

What Aion should be doing is actually getting into the game, scoping it out and working out the issues in there own mind in KR, EU or NA server bases instead of bringing out a new patch and watching it fail. 5.0 Failed, 5.1 Failed, etc.... Kaldor, Failed. Levinshor, Failed. Cygnea/Enshar, Fail. The maps are massive cross based waiting on a rift just to go have fun and yet no one can be bothered running that far to go there. In my view Katalam was only fun because of the sieges and also the BM camps where fairly close together so everyone could go out and PVE/PVP and no worry about running 5minutes to get back into the fight or the next camp.

Like understandably that Aion wants to make the game interesting, Everyone loved going to Gelk siege, Right?... But like 99% of the time Gelk and Ingy maps where empty... Who the hell wants to run across a massive map and plus it was like  2x Maps.? Its like Norsvold and Iluma, 2x Massive maps. Does anyone hardly leave there bases? No one cares about leaving it now (only the slight few to go kill azmos/eylos in zergs.)

Unpopular opinion here, but 5.1 onwards have all been amazing patches and far from failures. The one questionable change was reducing success rate for Archdaeva gear enchanting, but there has to be a balance somewhere.

Also, why do 4.7 and 4.8 areas matter so much to you all? They are old zones, of course there will be less interest on them. Its like saying Heiron should be full of level 75s, killing Zapiel for loot. :P

you all keep talking about ap and gp systems yet ignore the real problems within the game. more worried about your ranks....

server sync placement is terrible and has been for years

the mechanic that calculates dmg dealt in game is off like really bad  unless someone can explain to me how 10,000shield - 8950dmg = 0  with no crits no shields NOTHING...

50% into cast on an enemy plaer DOES NOT GUARANTEE skill will go off despite whatever lies support throws at you. they told me if you get 50% of your cast off it will execute on a player... not true

Targetting players and repeatedly get told Invalid Target...

i mean these are just some....they have been tested on other computers and different connections with same result.

just these above should be enough cause for concern since they complicate fair pvp...and i wont even go into how bad Crucible is....probably the worst glitched instance in any mmorpg EVER

so i mean......well i mean....

3 hours ago, Forced-KR said:

you all keep talking about ap and gp systems yet ignore the real problems within the game. more worried about your ranks....

the mechanic that calculates dmg dealt in game is off like really bad  unless someone can explain to me how 10,000shield - 8950dmg = 0  with no crits no shields NOTHING...

50% into cast on an enemy plaer DOES NOT GUARANTEE skill will go off despite whatever lies support throws at you. they told me if you get 50% of your cast off it will execute on a player... not true

i mean these are just some....they have been tested on other computers and different connections with same result.

just these above should be enough cause for concern since they complicate fair pvp...and i wont even go into how bad Crucible is....probably the worst glitched instance in any mmorpg EVER

This is the true hero of aion. 

10 hours ago, Forced-KR said:

I mean hes not wrong, One thing I forgot to add to the main post also we really need an updated aion website with live Apis like what korea or EU has comparing gear/looking at ranks are nice features.

Aion website doesn't have updated classes

https://imgur.com/a/my6wO

And when you go through this section it gives you a good laugh as half of it isn't done, mostly just asmo side.

http://na.aiononline.com/en/about-aion/players-guide/asmodian/level-65/index.php

I agree at all and I don't know what part I should focus in this comment...
About hackers? It's really sad that we have proof about people using hack, like videos, screenshots or the hacker itself say "I'm hacker" and NCSoft doesn't do anything and it's really sad that we have people on high rank using that, it's like a encouragement.
About community engagement? I don't if someone notices, but since the NA time changed at the normal, server time is still delayed, I'm not from server time, but I remember my location time was 2 hours earlier than server time, but it's 3 atm since the last winter.
NCSoft should take care about many details, it would improve tha player situation and NCSoft itself. #MakeAionGreatAgain

So here is what I see that's going on:  They implement pay to win in the game, milking people for what they can.  With all this money, they basically take out fun maps and make 2 garbage maps (Kaldor and Levinshor) and 4 legitimate maps (Enshar, Cygnea, Norsvold, and Iluma).  After these maps come out, they spend even more money to do some other shit that basically makes all six of these maps obsolete within a very short time frame of each release.  People are in Norsvold and Iluma, but only in towns.  So where is all the money going?  In the current state, there's no reason to even start characters at level 1, they could just phase out all the maps and levels since it's all just a big waste of time for people to level to 65, it's all solo and there's nobody around.  Even when you do reach 66, you can't even do anything really until 70 except Theo and Adma.

Next, you have the afk problem.  AFK PVP instances.  AFK Luna instances.  AFK sieges.  AFK Panda defense.  Then, they make the instance with the best experience an instance where you play by yourself and don't even play as your char (FoO), same as Luna instances.

Next, you have the event problem.  Why bother actually playing your char when drops are horrendous and you can just wait for an event to make more money in one week than you could from playing for months?  It's become better time management to just create alts and wait for events to run that stuff than it has to actually play the game with your main character.  If you do play your main character, you might as well AFK (see above).  Even better, the best methods to gear up and get kinah involve opening your wallet.  I've paid into this game, but stopped a long time ago.  After the new Luna game of fate, I tried it out and made like 400-500 million kinah on SL-Asmo by spending only $5, just showing how bad the p2w has become.

I just came back from a few months break to find an event that hands out tempering/omegas like crazy that you can pay real money to run more and more, only to find out you get dc'ed a lot from it.  I wanted to gear up to take advantage of the event because that's the fastest way before it becomes ridiculous to get omegas/temperings, but I'm just stopping to download another game because the actual reward doesn't pay off for the time invested.

This doesn't even touch on the topic of hackers, botters, etc because I feel like it's just a waste of time talking about stuff that won't get fixed.

53 minutes ago, KongOfDong-SL said:

Then, they make the instance with the best experience an instance where you play by yourself and don't even play as your char (FoO),

just showing how bad the p2w has become.

I wanted to gear up to take advantage of the event because that's the fastest way before it becomes ridiculous to get omegas/temperings

You're the only person I've ever seen say he/she likes FoO lol. Or maybe I've misunderstood and you actually hate it, but just do it for XP (like the rest of us).

Also, you don't like the P2W, but you're ok with getting omegas/temperings from events? Kind of contradictory, yes?

I agree that Aion is imperfect; it definitely has its flaws. However, the past month's events have been very good and non-P2W--discounting the current sendlogging in SFT, of course. They've been a big step up in Aion-world.

33 minutes ago, Vantheria-IS said:

You're the only person I've ever seen say he/she likes FoO lol. Or maybe I've misunderstood and you actually hate it, but just do it for XP (like the rest of us).

Also, you don't like the P2W, but you're ok with getting omegas/temperings from events? Kind of contradictory, yes?

I agree that Aion is imperfect; it definitely has its flaws. However, the past month's events have been very good and non-P2W--discounting the current sendlogging in SFT, of course. They've been a big step up in Aion-world.

I meant to say that I don't like FoO, I picked my class and I want to play as my class, which you don't for this instance.  Also, it is solo, which I'd much prefer the best experience thing to be group based.

I actually don't like getting omegas/temperings from events, as I stated before when I said that you make the most money from events and not actually playing the game regularly.  I finally decided to break down and do the event because they've made the game incredibly difficult to get them through actually playing the game.  Yes, there are ways to get them, but needing the omegas to get +15 on 6 pieces of gear would take a long time without these events.  You can get 0-2 per run, with full account of alts running that, that's 0-16 per day from one event.  How many do you get a day from running regular instances?  How is it acceptable that running alts on event instances is more rewarding than actually playing the game normally for weeks to months?

Has it really been a big step up or has it just gotten so bad that when they do something like this it's seen as positive?  I certainly don't think they deserve praise for one positive month compared to years of bad decisions.

I dont find Omegas and Tempering Solutions being part of event rewards as P2W, except for very few selected events. Events have always a free alternative. Paying gives you more chances, but they are just chances. If you refuse to pay, then create more accounts. In a game where they dont ban you for having multiple accounts, its a very easy thing to do.

If you dont get anything nice, then sell what other junk you get. Or choose not to take part on the event and sell event-related items. Then use that kinah to get your precious Omegas and Tempering Solutions. I had a friend who got literally non-American billions from selling snowballs for two/three years in a row.

And dont pull the "I only get to play 10 minutes per day" card. :P

As for events being a constant and better source than main game, I personally see it as fine. We have events running all throughout the year, we might just consider them permanent features. 

10 minutes ago, Bryos-TM said:

I dont find Omegas and Tempering Solutions being part of event rewards as P2W, except for very few selected events. Events have always a free alternative. Paying gives you more chances, but they are just chances. If you refuse to pay, then create more accounts. In a game where they dont ban you for having multiple accounts, its a very easy thing to do.

If you dont get anything nice, then sell what other junk you get. Or choose not to take part on the event and sell event-related items. Then use that kinah to get your precious Omegas and Tempering Solutions. I had a friend who got literally non-American billions from selling snowballs for two/three years in a row.

And dont pull the "I only get to play 10 minutes per day" card. :P

As for events being a constant and better source than main game, I personally see it as fine. We have events running all throughout the year, we might just consider them permanent features. 

I have chosen not to take part in these events, which is why I don't have +15 gear or a ton of kinah/great gear after playing for a couple years.  I never was going to pull the "I can only play 10 minutes a day" card, so you might want to stop assuming.  I have all the time that I want to be able to play.  You're actually proving my point about people putting in absolutely zero game time and making billions of  kinah from events.  You might find it fine, but then that is just promotes the fact that people won't bother to play when it's nowhere near as rewarding since they can just wait for an event to make money, especially now that everything is tradeable.  It's taking incentive away from actually playing, grinding, doing instances.  Thank you for proving my point.

Archived