ABSURD retune prices

GenericUser10111

On 9/12/2018 at 10:06 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

But guys/girls/other everything needs to be this expensive or they will have to shut the servers down :(

if it was 0.2$ per retun, I would have paid for it and they would have made profit, since it is 2$ for it I won't pay it a single time, so they will get 0 money from me (and many more)

In this mindset why don't they make us pay 1000$ per month to play the game... they will be making money right? Guess again, NO! they would close the game instantly.

3 hours ago, 2s1A07B4-DN said:

if it was 0.2$ per retun, I would have paid for it and they would have made profit, since it is 2$ for it I won't pay it a single time, so they will get 0 money from me (and many more)

In this mindset why don't they make us pay 1000$ per month to play the game... they will be making money right? Guess again, NO! they would close the game instantly.

I mean it was initially a troll post because the price is stupid however lets get in to this. You would need a 10 to 1 ratio of players spending .2 as they would spending 2. Does Aion even have 3000 players left? I would say there has been well over 100 people that have been willing to spend the $2 on god knows how many re-tunes because BiS is their goal and will achieve it by any means necessary.

We all under-estimate the people willing to pay whether it be due to budget for entertainment allowing it/addiction/mental illness/need for power/friendships/Bragging rights hell even the obvious one, They pay because they enjoy the game. I am sure there is many other reasons why people pay as well but that is just a few to get an idea. There is so many reasons people will pay for power in games and companies are willing to take full advantage of those players to pull some easy profit.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I mean it was initially a troll post because the price is stupid however lets get in to this. You would need a 10 to 1 ratio of players spending .2 as they would spending 2. Does Aion even have 3000 players left? I would say there has been well over 100 people that have been willing to spend the $2 on god knows how many re-tunes because BiS is their goal and will achieve it by any means necessary.

We all under-estimate the people willing to pay whether it be due to budget for entertainment allowing it/addiction/mental illness/need for power/friendships/Bragging rights hell even the obvious one, They pay because they enjoy the game. I am sure there is many other reasons why people pay as well but that is just a few to get an idea. There is so many reasons people will pay for power in games and companies are willing to take full advantage of those players to pull some easy profit.

True, but what most companies do not get or at least the ones who make the decision do not see, is that if you make it affordable, many many more people will spend the money either due to principle of the matter and/or affordability, the whales will still be whales. They will spend the money regardless and the 99% who thought about it will have more of a reason to spend the money.

39 minutes ago, VashTheStampede-DN said:

True, but what most companies do not get or at least the ones who make the decision do not see, is that if you make it affordable, many many more people will spend the money either due to principle of the matter and/or affordability, the whales will still be whales. They will spend the money regardless and the 99% who thought about it will have more of a reason to spend the money.

I totally agree the only way to re-populate a lower pop game is by making things affordable for the masses or add great content. The issue is i do not believe that is the goal of the Aion community. Players are wanting lower prices so they can justify spending on both spamming PvP instances and re-tuning once they get a red item. The issue is once they are full red these same players that are complaining about re-tune pricing will change their own tune and spend on this instead of spamming instances all time. Then you will see people justifying the price.

Keep in mind even tho i am saying this i genuinely believe we should of just had the exact same system Korea had so i am not against lower prices i am against the community trying to push their own money spending justifications.

18 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

OK, I will not pay a single dime for retuning. The whales can do so, ths is part of the p2w model. Make sure only some rich-stupid people will get end game gear with good stats while the filler players remain as low as possible, so those whales will justify their purchases (aka to make them win easier against those who didn't retune).

And of course retuning is just the example ehre, I do not believe anyone will get super duper awesome just because he selectively retuned and got slightly better stats than the free to play gamer. It is just that it all adds up a little bit.

Man, I wouldn't spend anything on this game now. These Korean mmos are not games, they're thieves in the night designed to steal your money disguised as games. Trust me, if it comes from Korea, save yourself a lot of time and suffering and don't play it. And if you do want to play it, keep your expectations low. 

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

so whats better, trying to craft an ultimate spellbook to have 18% cast speed, or purify a legendary spellbook to ultimate and hope to get the 20% cast speed with retuning spending kinah if i dont have luna???

I spent arround 20kk retuning book to get 20% casting speed and the other stats are decent too but it still isnt what I want >.>

Archived