Option to keep current skin when Purifying an item

Yona-DN

I would really like to see this please since most skins you cannot get anymore (and I don't mean store skins, but in game skins) unless they literally put every skin deleted somewhere in the game or shop. For me the skins I am currently using and want to continue to use  I have no option to save them, not even luna since there isn't enough room for 2 sets of full gear and you need the original skin to even register it.

Also since we need to purify gear several times and I hear in 7.0 you also purify you 6.x gear, it would also be a big help not having to worry about the skins you want to use, thank you!

Skins were lost in last patch too. In 5.x, when purifying your ap or harvester gear, it caused the skin to remove. And in other previous patches as well, the IS gear hyperions would also remove the skin when purified.

Since most of the time we are with these ugly transformation skins covering the skin with our armor, I don’t see the reason why you should waste skins on ancient gear. Just skin it once its ultimate or keep it for 7.0 or wait till an event gives out skins.

It’s sad that you can’t craft the Luna skins anymore so it wouldn’t be a problem to skin ancient gear (if there was that option. ) I really hope they bring back the skins in Luna since the one PVE enchantment stone doesn’t really help me since it’ll fail anyways. Only thing good in there is maybe the Kinah bundle since you could get from 1-100m kinah, but the rest feel like a waste of mats. No permanent mounts either.

The only skin that I personally use over my ancient gear, is the one that drops from any instance or any open world grinding (I believe they’re called Ebonscale.) They almost look like the IO skins which are not too bad and are at least better in appearance than most of the other gears. And I’ll just wait till all my gear is ultimate or till 7.0 when I purify to use the skins I have saved.

you can also obtain the old DD skins through PF and IDD, they’re called Ancient Obsidian. But that will take more time to get.

As has been pointed out, this isn't a new thing and I think it might be a push to get us to use the luna wardrobe. I wish they would expand the luna wardrobe to more spots and allow us to register weapons there, too. If they want us to use this function, then at least make it more friendly.

26 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I wish they would expand the luna wardrobe to more spots and allow us to register weapons there, too. If they want us to use this function, then at least make it more friendly.

Exactly! I'm almost out of wardrobe spots. If they're going to limit us like this, then give us more spots. (Hey, it's more money for them since we have to pay Luna to open the spots.) It's pretty silly to have so few spots.

7 hours ago, Tarte-DN said:

Skins were lost in last patch too. In 5.x, when purifying your ap or harvester gear, it caused the skin to remove. And in other previous patches as well, the IS gear hyperions would also remove the skin when purified.

Since most of the time we are with these ugly transformation skins covering the skin with our armor, I don’t see the reason why you should waste skins on ancient gear. Just skin it once its ultimate or keep it for 7.0 or wait till an event gives out skins.

It’s sad that you can’t craft the Luna skins anymore so it wouldn’t be a problem to skin ancient gear (if there was that option. ) I really hope they bring back the skins in Luna since the one PVE enchantment stone doesn’t really help me since it’ll fail anyways. Only thing good in there is maybe the Kinah bundle since you could get from 1-100m kinah, but the rest feel like a waste of mats. No permanent mounts either.

The only skin that I personally use over my ancient gear, is the one that drops from any instance or any open world grinding (I believe they’re called Ebonscale.) They almost look like the IO skins which are not too bad and are at least better in appearance than most of the other gears. And I’ll just wait till all my gear is ultimate or till 7.0 when I purify to use the skins I have saved.

you can also obtain the old DD skins through PF and IDD, they’re called Ancient Obsidian. But that will take more time to get.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Exactly! I'm almost out of wardrobe spots. If they're going to limit us like this, then give us more spots. (Hey, it's more money for them since we have to pay Luna to open the spots.) It's pretty silly to have so few spots.

I know it isn't a new thing but before I could go get the skins I needed again, now they are gone and luna doesn't work with used skins so even that can't help. I already thought about saving the skins until I got that ultimate piece of gear but then I found out that you purify that gear in 7.0 which ruined that plan. : /

• 4 weeks later...

Skins generally became less. Please return the possibility to craft skins, furniture and mounts in Luna! Luna stuff became so boring, only kinah box and transparent transformation scrolls are worth crafting! Imho, Gold Ingots and enchantment stones for new speedless and flightless gear are useless cause I don't even intend to wear that gear! :( 

Archived