New server already dead (rant)

GenericUser24594

Well guys server has been up for around a month now, if you can't tell yet the asmo side is now outnumbered by the elyos side during every siege. I know of 3 legions that are completely fallen apart and the majority of them no longer play aion. This is a sad state to leave a server in, and ncsoft hasn't done anything to combat the loss of retention of the general population. 

After the holiday event, (which we all agree was a complete disaster [shugos with tree forts with no fix/unbalanced server boss event,etc].), we have lost nearly everyone and the community is now down to those that are either invested and feel like they can't waste their money, or people that actually enjoy the game.

I have no idea how they plan to fix these issues, (cause 8 year old issues are still in the game and don't appear to be getting fixed anytime soon), and if they think 7.0 will be the huge fix they are looking for to keep aion going another 2+ years, then sadly that looks like a pipe dream. 

Sad when more people would rather play private server's of the game then the actual retail server. 

Here is to hoping that the game can gain employees that listen and care about the global community.

(Also the insane lack of drops, the insane rates at which items gain, and the caps on all things pay to win, including playing the game are major factors in player rention rates. If you cannot fix the core issues that allow players to play the game more freely and more at their own pace then you will not maintain any kind of community. 5 dungeon runs and done and then either play another game or watch a screen with something else on it. We can't even make alternative characters because it just takes so much time to get what is necessary to play the game on one character.) Think im joking? Go try to get a full set of ultimate pvp gear on more than one character and see what problems you run into.)

41 minutes ago, Hiding-EK said:

Well guys server has been up for around a month now, if you can't tell yet the asmo side is now outnumbered by the elyos side during every siege. I know of 3 legions that are completely fallen apart and the majority of them no longer play aion. This is a sad state to leave a server in, and ncsoft hasn't done anything to combat the loss of retention of the general population. 

After the holiday event, (which we all agree was a complete disaster [shugos with tree forts with no fix/unbalanced server boss event,etc].), we have lost nearly everyone and the community is now down to those that are either invested and feel like they can't waste their money, or people that actually enjoy the game.

I have no idea how they plan to fix these issues, (cause 8 year old issues are still in the game and don't appear to be getting fixed anytime soon), and if they think 7.0 will be the huge fix they are looking for to keep aion going another 2+ years, then sadly that looks like a pipe dream. 

Sad when more people would rather play private server's of the game then the actual retail server. 

Here is to hoping that the game can gain employees that listen and care about the global community.

(Also the insane lack of drops, the insane rates at which items gain, and the caps on all things pay to win, including playing the game are major factors in player rention rates. If you cannot fix the core issues that allow players to play the game more freely and more at their own pace then you will not maintain any kind of community. 5 dungeon runs and done and then either play another game or watch a screen with something else on it. We can't even make alternative characters because it just takes so much time to get what is necessary to play the game on one character.) Think im joking? Go try to get a full set of ultimate pvp gear on more than one character and see what problems you run into.)

EK was a good idea, but 6.2 was crap and NC took too long to fix nyerk and thus failed to retain the population not just on EK, but other servers as well. I completely lost faith in NC's ability to improve and even though I'm pushing for changes here, I'm playing other games instead. Even if 6.5 or 7.0 are better, I don't know if I'll return to Aion because NA Aion will probably be a ghost town by the time those patches arrive. If I absolutely need to play Aion in future, I'll likely look towards private servers.

It is simple to understand this situation, in the old servers, the players still think of abandoning because of the work they had to get where they are today, it was years, money was invested (but still, many are abandoning).
The opposite of EK, where for being a new server, there is not much to lose, so if you do not have a great link, you can easily leave without feeling.
The problem is that this causes the server to go into a process of extinction, the NCWest in turn, if they intend to launch this server and need to pay attention to it.

3 hours ago, Hiding-EK said:

I count the  number of gladiators, sws and clerics online during  siege for some time, and the  number of ppl online on the asmodian side continues nearly the same. If the asmodians are outnumbered its because the elyos got more ppl,  and if they did, im happy for them.  But  i  doubt its true anyway.

Obviously there are huge issues but I still think this game would be better if we just have one server. Yea drop rate, enchanting, even just trying to advance is super difficult. I hear people spending money to keep spamming dredge and other instances to get stones to help enchant. My rng isn't great so personally idk how many stones I'd have to farm. I mean grats to the hard work and time you people put in on EK to get up to ultimate but wouldn't be worth the money to me.

I will play this game entirely free and tell you how long it takes to get a full set of +0 ultimate genesis crystal pvp gear. It will take me probably a year to get one piece at the rate my luck is, unless i save all my stones for an enchantment event, which i am also considering.

I know of 5 legions off the top of my head that have completely disbanded and the majority of those players have left the game. If Aion is looking to retain more players they will have to find better ways to provide free incentives to stay longer. What they are doing currently isn't going to work.

Reasons why I didnt even try to play at new server (as not a new player):

1.Beritra server was also once new server but it went dead pretty soon (atleast on asmo side)

2. I dont trust Ncsoft reason above and I expect server merge in a year or so if they arent lazy about it.

3.Unlike pre 6.2, things are harder to come by if you dont pay up real money. Only reason people decide to play new server because all start fresh (Unless you are friends with GMs who gave you exchange gear. Has Ncsoft done something about that?)

8 minutes ago, Hallo-DN said:

3.Unlike pre 6.2, things are harder to come by if you dont pay up real money. Only reason people decide to play new server because all start fresh (Unless you are friends with GMs who gave you exchange gear. Has Ncsoft done something about that?)

They told the people not to upgrade the items they got themselves, if they want to upgrade an item just get in touch with the GM that gave you the item in the first place. (Just to be clear this is satire, though I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened)

everyday i log my ely on ek to check if i can run bos or fm and trsut me everytime i earch always 30-50 peopple max online everyday i cant eve run fm or bos for a month lol and i quit that server ad go back on DN amybe asmos on ek are really not cooperative etc. so sad im an asmo too on EK and ely on EK are full of p2w thats why i quit on that too and return on DN 

the last updated murdered aion… ive been here since beta and I gotta say after all the money I poured into aion i simply wanna puke everytime I log in every other week... makes sad too because I sooooo loved aion… I just wanna cry... but nothin I can do but learn not to waste money with ncsoft anymore, the are the new SOE GAME KILLERS :(

Loved Aion, loved the concept and the art work, and the pvp when its a fair match. But op is right. Why would anyone play this game now unless they spent over 500 dollars on their characters and are invested and feel like they can't leave for a better game because of all the money they spent. And it's true, there are private servers of Aion out there with more people, better staff, and a better version of the game than NCsoft has.  Have to feel sorry for the people who pay to win. See? That's why you don't do that. Because when your game fails, you will still be forced to play it. People like to feel like they are better than the average person, but the truth is, if you spend 1 dollar on anything that makes you stronger than someone who doesn't spend. You're in no way better , the only thing better is your wallet, and your willingness to waste money on stupid things. It's the nature of every pay to win game, they eventually die off when all the pay to win people have no more free to play people left to bully around. You log in and see the same 20 people, all have payed over 1k on their accounts, those poor souls can't leave.

The Fort buff is stupid too. Even if balaur take the fort the faction that has the buff keeps the buff and then if they win every siege for 5 days with a tier 5 buff they still keep it until it goes back down to zero.

In my opinion the siege buff should disappear entirely if balaur takes fort and should go down exponentially the longer you hold the fort. if you have the fort for 2 weeks the buff should be gone entirely.

The majority of the Asmo faction is now outnumbered by the Elyos faction. Last siege which was Tuesday in Lakrum we managed to get the gate down only because half the Elyos faction went to kill the balaur. Then we went back to being pushed back to outpost.

Not to mention the dumb event. 

Just LOOK AT THIS MECHEAGLE VIDEO OPENING SNOWBALLS. What part of this event looks fun? Sorry for the rhetorical question cause the answer is: (2 snowballs a day)

So now the server is bad because asmos are outnumbered unlike the 2 first months allegedly they weren't ? What is the logic ?

5 hours ago, Raiuken-KT said:

Loved Aion, loved the concept and the art work, and the pvp when its a fair match. But op is right. Why would anyone play this game now unless they spent over 500 dollars on their characters and are invested and feel like they can't leave for a better game because of all the money they spent. And it's true, there are private servers of Aion out there with more people, better staff, and a better version of the game than NCsoft has.  Have to feel sorry for the people who pay to win. See? That's why you don't do that. Because when your game fails, you will still be forced to play it. People like to feel like they are better than the average person, but the truth is, if you spend 1 dollar on anything that makes you stronger than someone who doesn't spend. You're in no way better , the only thing better is your wallet, and your willingness to waste money on stupid things. It's the nature of every pay to win game, they eventually die off when all the pay to win people have no more free to play people left to bully around. You log in and see the same 20 people, all have payed over 1k on their accounts, those poor souls can't leave.

The game has been p2w since tempering solutions were added in 4.x. You have to accept that. It won't go away.

Last Lakrum fort siege this week on EK, there were 182 Elyos in the league I was in,  I could see a whole lot of white titles participating that were not in the league, and there was a corresponding wall of Asmos, that's hardly a dead server.

Archived