Forums

A message from Gameforge on 6.2: “Unfortunately it was everything but smooth.”

The Secret Cow Level

Just reading this but if you read it they to look like they needed dev help and were probably ahead of na in line since got patch first.  Together with NCSOFT it says.  Also the bugs they say got resolved we have got some to.  The store stuff etc yes NCWEST can fix but gameforge needed dev help to

-Together with NCSoft, we have tripled the Kinah payment you receive when you sell items to an NPC.

-Resolved a number of bugs, including the drop in Contaminated Hellpath and in the Divine Fortress; the faction buff in fortress battles, Luna and Shugo Gold in the Gold Pack, Honour Points for ranks from Officer with 1 Star and much more.

Nicely done on Gameforge's part. An informative letter that also admits fault. It's much better than "we hear you and are talking to the devs". 

As this pertains to us, some of those things we already have and some we obviously don't. 

I hope this will somehow spell good changes for us as well.

Something like this would be helpful @Cyan. Could we get someone like @Gideon to admit you guys also handled 6.2 poorly and reiterate the solutions with an ETA so we can move on (minus the people who will complain no matter what)?

Korea has been sending patches to NA since 2009. One process repeated over and over, for events, patches, hotfixes for the better part of a decade. You might not know the timeline, but I find it hard to believe no one in your office has an ETA on the changes you mentioned. I can't imagine you guys asked NC devs for a patch without any idea of a timeline while your customers are raging and leaving. That doesn't sound reasonable to me. If there's a legitimate reason why "nobody knows", then I'm open to hearing it.

You're asking devs to change enchantment rates and loot tables to the current build not reinvent the wheel. Korea is way past 6.5 development, so how much effort does it require combine two things that already exist? If you don't know the ETA, then someone in NCWest management should probably ask. Even if you really don't know the timeline would it be asking too much to get an idea of how long the process normally takes? I know that answer exists.

4 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Wtf 2 free contracts per week ?

I'm seriously thinking of switching to EU. The ping I used to have there was 50ms. Here I have 300 -_-

And I started from scratch on NA anyway because APARENTLY ppl with unpurified +15 Prime didn't get shit. So wether I start there or here is just a matter of 3 weeks of grinding for Ancient gear.

However....I made friends here and Idk if I wanna leave them.

NA better give us something good.

@Cyan

4 hours ago, Acheillies-KT said:

lol yet they are implementing changes to try and fix the issues, yet, we get jack shit.

And here I thought NA gives a shit more than EU. Need to reconsider.

2 hours ago, Sethos-DN said:

Something like this would be helpful @Cyan. Could we get someone like @Gideon to admit you guys also handled 6.2 poorly and reiterate the solutions with an ETA so we can move on (minus the people who will complain no matter what)?

Korea has been sending patches to NA since 2009. One process repeated over and over, for events, patches, hotfixes for the better part of a decade. You might not know the timeline, but I find it hard to believe no one in your office has an ETA on the changes you mentioned. I can't imagine you guys asked NC devs for a patch without any idea of a timeline while your customers are raging and leaving. That doesn't sound reasonable to me. If there's a legitimate reason why "nobody knows", then I'm open to hearing it.

You're asking devs to change enchantment rates and loot tables to the current build not reinvent the wheel. Korea is way past 6.5 development, so how much effort does it require combine two things that already exist? If you don't know the ETA, then someone in NCWest management should probably ask. Even if you really don't know the timeline would it be asking too much to get an idea of how long the process normally takes? I know that answer exists.

Nice post.

2 hours ago, Sethos-DN said:

A little transparency goes a long way; many companies, digital or physical, market their transparency as one of the major factors in why their services are superior; they do it to make the prospect or client feel at ease and comfortable. Your consumer base will gladly rest in your hands if you can actually show them you're doing your job correctly.

Unfortunately, I believe we all understand what that means here and it either comes down to top brass not managing their subsidiary or whatever you consider NCwest to be, or the team at NCwest not doing what they should be doing, which is take their job seriously as a career position and ask their superiors the right questions at the right volume of repetition. I know what a toxic work place feels like and if this is the case then they have to be the ones to get on their employers ass.

Of course we don't all work careers... to them it very well just may be a job.

Either way, this is very amateur stuff. Then again we haven't seen NCwest reach out to us as if we were actually important to them or act surprised at our dissatisfaction so we can probably assume their moral standing doesn't side with customer appreciation or career priorities. This is a company who likely believes the mantra "We are here to do what we are supposed to do and nothing more."

That's how you get a bad rep and lose confidence not just in your current consumer base but your entire nyerking market...

I wish they would put the shards back in the NPC as a purchase item, and if they are going to give us some quest armor or weapon put attack speed, casting speed, and run speed on them.. I hate the transformation - I sure miss all my run scrolls , and other scrolls - I really don't understand the changes. 

NCSOFT is never a transparent company to begin with. The patch would’ve been good in itself if it weren’t overshadowed by other things, instead it became a lost cause here in the West, regardless of EU or NA. I know for a fact PvP was something I was looking towards for, only to be disappointed by how vastly the difference in stats gear is, specially Legendary and Ultimate.

I had always thought that the problems that we have in this game had was a consequence of bad planning by Korea in Korea, for several years we were the next region to obtain the new patch and therefore NCwest had to solve several problems the moment in which the patch went live, however this patch made me change my mind because NCwest knew about the problems that this patch had, especially with the enchant rates, they saw these problems when NCsoft release the patch in Korean, then in Russia and finally in Gameforge, and what did ncwest decided to do to not to have those problems?? ...... nothing ...... we still have to use over 300 enchantmen stones to try to get one part from +10 to +15, and the best part is if we used all those stone, the part we tryed to enchant remained +10, doenst matter if we used ancient or legendary stones.

At least Gameforge publish a honest letter accepting it was their mistake and that they are doing everything possible to amend those mistakes, while the letter we got was that we will not have events as often as before, and the first event we get is as good as not having one.

the reason why  6.x is failing here  and EU is because those companies must recognize that  in  Korea, Aion is a  paid game. when they created thee  quna  and  the  gold store they did so expecting players to use real money besides what  they  already  pay.  so progression is linked  to  money spent. NC  west cannot just launch the game here expecting that  free players  do  without that  stuf. 

In this patch, nc limited the free player to almost nothing. Free  players dont have the option  of buying  scrrolls or instance boost pack on  broker. Paying customers do not have the  option of buying legendaary pvp  stones from the store.

The prices of the gold ingot store make no  sense whatsoever. You  pay millions for a manastone bundle and get evasion. The gold  ingot should cost like 100k at worst.

And  theres the issue of transformations. In  Korea you were suposed to  buy contracts from  the store. If the model  of nc is to have people who dont spend  real money at  all, other options  besides that of the weekly kinah store contract should have been implemented from the get  go. The quna ou luna model  cannot possibly work  here

The AION has been deconstructed for some time and in this version they finally fled the theme of the game and turned everyone into Pets.

In my opinion this was a mistake, but the NCS needed to do something to make it worse. So they had the brilliant idea of splitting the players. While some received the Ultimate + 15 the rest had to run and find that at the end of that road there was a cliff. Few have been able to enchant any +15 item.

What makes me sad is knowing that all this could have been avoided if NCSOFT did the basics. (Preventive tests).

Now I'm going to prove what I just said:

With the changes in how to get the GP, all players warned that the ranking would fall. Everyone complained, it was clear that all players would fall to rank 1.

It was two weeks warning and what could have been avoided happened.

Two weeks after the AION 6.2 was released, all players dropped to Rank 1.

Governor, General, Star5 and etc. Everyone fell to Rank 1 and the NCS just adjusted it after the worst it happened.

In other words NCS does not make preventive adjustments. The NCS is only reactive and never preventive.

The same thing is happening with enchantments.
If the revenue does not go down, if as a significant portion of the customers do not go away, the NCS will not react.

This positioning is typical of companies in crisis or with weak management. The consequence is a significant loss of revenue. This practice continues is what drives many companies to failure.

I do not know what will be the end of it all, but I'm not very optimistic at the moment. Especially because the community has been ignored for many years.

Archived