Forums

In Memory of Instagib

GenericUser9746

Hey guys,

This is really hard for me to write but I know that quite a few of you knew him and some of you considered him a friend, and Aion was a part of his life, so it felt like you should know. Instagib/Gib/Tim passed away in the morning of December 4th from pulmonary embolism. It was very sudden, and I still cannot comprehend how it could have happened. He was my best friend and the closest person I have ever had. I miss him terribly, and I hope that no matter how you felt about his in-game character you will remember him well.

Thank you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My condelences to you and his family. He was one of the nicest guys I’ve had the pleasure of playing this game with. I remember when I swapped out my CPU a few years ago and couldn’t get my stupid PC to turn back on and he helped me over Skype (with you laughing at me :( in the background) to figure out why. Down to earth kind of guy and fun to play with. He will be missed

wow just found out...... i hope your ok hopea. I remember running dungeons with you guys back in 4.0 and some pvp instances like dome. Although we were never close, he was really a nice person. ZZZ this is so sad finding out someone i know and saw just last 2weeks ago pass away.. I'm sure his resting well in heaven. Rest in peace brother 

I am sorry to hear this, Instagib was always cordial, tried to stay away from the drama and just enjoy the game the way he liked it. Every time our paths crossed he was the same, nice! Even when I smack talked him or you. I know what it is like to lose someone so close and I hope you focus more on the great memories than the pain of his absence. Our words can't be much comfort but please know we remember him fondly!

Trevyn-

I have never played with him personally along his side, but we have been on the opposite sides of the spectrum for many years. From hearing about him as who he is a person, it's sad to see something such as this happen to such an individual. Even though I never personally knew him and only played against him, I had the sudden urge to respond on here to wish you my condolences. May he rest in peace :(.

I am so sorry to hear this! Prayers for you and his friends and family, Pess. Been following Insta's music playlist that he's been updating for years, and it's always been something to look back on, smile, and find something new.

My condolences. Players like Insta made the game what it was.

-Thelemna

Holy...sadness.  You have my deepest, deepest condolences.   I have so many memories of you two :( I remember my very first time fight you two (as instagib and pessmism) so, so many years ago on Siel, it felt like a never-ending 2v2 on my elyos cleric with Vilius (I remember crying about how impossible it seemed).  I remember switching to asmo and not really knowing either of you, and then eventually playing with both of you on-and-off in various instances.  I remember the beginnings of the BR server - and how much fun asmo side was with the both of you.  I even had the pleasure of running into you two on my first week on EK server.   Even when you're on the otherside of Gib, he was always a very kind, humble, and endearing man.  You are two of the most memorable players - and Gib will be remembered very well by all who've met him.  
Again, my condolences.  He will be missed. 

Always truly devastating to hear that someone from Aion has passed, no matter what the relationship nor how close it was. Friend, stranger or "enemy", we were all at one point or another connected by one common interest and will always be a part of this community. 

My condolences to you and your families during this tragedy.

- Raerbear

Condolences on this tragic loss to you and all his family and friends.  While I never really knew him I do recall the name, these sudden loses are never easy so my thoughts and condolences are with you all in helping you to get through this tragedy.

Damn.. I'm sorry to hear that, my condolences Hopea.. I found it strange you 2 disappeared off the face of the planet and stopped logging on discord too.. Me and Gib go back to 1.5 days he was part of our static in Team Amazing for a good while up until we ended in bad terms of things he did towards me... coming back to 6.0 after being away from the game since he made me quit I had remember seeing him and I still held a little grudge but ended up talking to him and surprisingly he said he was sorry almost right away for doing what he did and I told him I forgave him and wanted to bring him back into our group static again and just leave the past in the past  because he was a cool guy and enjoyed playing with him and he was a good player. I'm glad I got to talk to him again and got to make peace with him.. RIP Gib 

-Sorain

I'm so sorry.  Gib was one of the handful of people who made playing Aion fun whether you fought with him or against him.  I still have fond memories of ID together with Gib and Pess.  He was my friend and mentor.  I can't even believe it.  A truly amazing person gone too soon and far too young.

Molly (Ephey)

Holy... I'm sure you've heard it from everyone but I'm so sorry. I never knew him outside of the intense and always exciting pvp encounters (which always ended in him basically rolling me), but some of my favorite pvp memories involved him. Hang in there, Hopea!

Archived